PDA

View Full Version : How do we look against the Broncos?

Blackout
07-29-2012, 10:25 PM
It's probably the game on my mind that I'm most worried about because I would like nothing but see revenge.

I hear Peyton Manning is doing excellent in training camp so far, that makes me worried a bit. However nobody knows if he can handle getting touched though.

How much of a shot do we have this year at beating them?

steelfury02
07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
based off of two things . . .

1. No one is giving us a snowball's chance in hell this season with the "amount of change" and "leadership void"

2. The D seems really fuming at camp, and I'd venture to say we're playing it pretty close to the vest on offense

. . .I'd say its 60/40 we come in to Denver and knock the snot out of them and see some real potential out of the offense

Steelersfan87
07-29-2012, 10:54 PM
I'd much rather play Peyton Manning week 1 than week 7. I see no reason why the Steelers shouldn't be able to win. I think they are a better team in many ways than they were last year.

teegre
07-29-2012, 11:42 PM
I'd much rather play Peyton Manning week 1 than week 7. I see no reason why the Steelers shouldn't be able to win. I think they are a better team in many ways than they were last year.

What he said.

tanda10506
07-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Having an NFL quality O line will make a big difference. Von Miller and Dummerville (if not in prison) will be held in check and I think we will have a running game. Our new offense can't be planned against as long as we don't reveal too much in pre season. Hopefully Wallace will be there, the Bronco's offense will be new too and with Manning at QB that's a bad combonation, so if we were to get in a "shoot out" it would be nice to have Wallace. Wallace or not, I still think the offense will do well. The defense seems angry and that's always good. Woodley sounds like he is ready to go, and with Hood gaining strength and stamina this off season, and Spence being a possible wild card, we might make it real hard on Peyton. Not to mention Harrison and Woodley only played 2 or 3 games together in which they weren't hurt, and in most games this season one of them was out. Peyton is a great QB but he hasn't played in a while and I can't help but think that his neck injury will be in the back of his mind every time he's about to get hit. I think Woodley and Harrison can make it a long and unsuccesful game for him. Overall I really like our chances! Mundy and our #2 CB will play a big role, if they aren't ready yet we could get cut up in the passing game, but even a mediocre performance from them will be enough to allow the rest of our team to win it!
:tt::tt04:

NoFieldFive
07-30-2012, 03:17 AM
we did not touch Tebow last year. hopefully it's different against Manning.

Steel_Bus_24
07-30-2012, 04:07 AM
We're going to run that fffing ball down their throat.....Manning might as well just stay home because hes not going to be touching the ball that much

Our D needs to be stout early on and let our OL impose their will on them

tanda10506
07-30-2012, 04:44 AM
We're going to run that fffing ball down their throat.....Manning might as well just stay home because hes not going to be touching the ball that much

Our D needs to be stout early on and let our OL impose their will on them

Sounds good!:tt::tt04::tt02:

Atlanta Dan
07-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Peter King visited Broncos training camp and had these observations on Peyton

Manning doesn't feel like he's near 100 percent yet. It's not his neck, which has undergone four procedures in the past two years, including the major surgery 11 months ago that caused him to miss the 2011 season. It's simply the regeneration of the nerve that affects his arm strength, particularly the area around the shoulder.

He's throwing the ball fine, and by that I mean if you watch a complete practice, you don't find yourself wondering why Manning is babying his throws, because he's not. He's just not ripping them.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/29/mmqb/1.html

steelfury02
07-30-2012, 08:10 AM
they certainly aren't going to scorch us - I don't see us having a huge wk 1 loss again like last season

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
I think the Broncos are a better team with Manning than Tebow. The defense is solid and their O line has been constantly upgraded and build around guys like Clady and JD Walton.

As much as I think last year was a bad game, I still think the Steelers will be hard pressed to go into Mile High without Ryan Clark and pull out a win.

Vis
07-30-2012, 10:59 AM
I think the Broncos are a better team with Manning than Tebow. The defense is solid and their O line has been constantly upgraded and build around guys like Clady and JD Walton.

As much as I think last year was a bad game, I still think the Steelers will be hard pressed to go into Mile High without Ryan Clark and pull out a win.

It's an advantage to have Mannings first game back. He runs a timing offense. There will be kinks early.

Fire Arians
07-30-2012, 11:20 AM
won't be an easy game, denver is hard to beat at home

Blackout
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
So with the pre-season pretty much done, with the injuries thus far anyone a little more worried than before

steelfury02
08-31-2012, 08:19 AM
yes, I'm a little more worried now. our depth is taking a major hit for at least the first half of the season and someone eventually, even 2 or 3 more guys, will go down before or after then

the more injuries that happen, the more pressure is on Ben and the defense getting takeaways

stuck_in_VA
08-31-2012, 08:28 AM
they certainly aren't going to scorch us - I don't see us having a huge wk 1 loss again like last season

Me too. I think Tomlin will make sure the team has more focus than week 1 last year. And heck, as long as we commit less than 7 TOs like we did then, we should come out on top :chuckle:

steelfury02
08-31-2012, 10:14 AM
we limit turnovers and we'll always have a chance. I am worried now with the injuries. And last night's to Spence doesn't make me feel any better.

Jpeezyiseternal
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Injured......but potential division winners and a small percentage superbowl victory

Fire Arians
08-31-2012, 02:17 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect to go into denver and win in week 1.

It all depends how well the line protects ben, and how comfortable our offense is with the new system. In hostile territory in front of a fired up crowd, it will be challenging. Opening week isn't very favorable to away teams generally.

if harrison was healthy going into this game I'd be more optimistic.

xbroughneck
08-31-2012, 03:16 PM

Our starting safety will not play...like he didn't against Tebow.

Difference this game is the Broncos will have a QB that can actually throw the ball.

I think the Steelers have a shot, but I don't see Harrison or Ryan Clark playing that game. Which means I don't see good pressure or good safety coverage.

QCbeauBlak
08-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Watching all of Denver's preseason games thus far i've noticed that Peyton isn't quite the same without his old receivers and tight ends. The Broncos run the ball A LOT still. When Peyton throws it is mostly to the right and for shorter chunks. It's only preseason so I can't say what wrinkles will be thrown in on offense. But I don't expect the Bronco' offense to be clicking like the old Colts O in week 1. I think our chances are really good to win.

I've also noticed Von Miller playing more in pass coverage than last year.

One last point. On defense I have noticed us lining up with everyone on the line on 3rd downs like that Pats game last year. I am very optimistic that our Steelers are a little better than we all think. We are taking the ball away more. Peyton is throwing more careless picks. I don't know if that means much now or not. Also, we are really busting out big plays on punt returns and in the passing game. I can't wait

zsheik22
09-01-2012, 01:21 AM
No pressure on Manning and no Clark is what I have a terrible feeling about.

Also, good pressure on Ben.

I hope to God im wrong, I just dont have a warm fuzzy about playing in Denver.

Here's to me being wrong :tt03:

Sean95m
09-01-2012, 01:37 AM
I like our chances for 2 reasons A. Pride and B. we have a chip on our shoulder since Denver is the team that knocked us out of Super Bowl contention last season. Manning wont make it till halftime and we win big!

tanda10506
09-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Our odds are not looking good because of injuries. We lost last year for a few reasons, but injuries were the main reason for our struggles. We couldn't beat them then and now they are better. The health of Harrison, Keisel, and Redman will play a huge roll, with them I think we can win. Redman will run well, Keisel will help stop the run, and having Harrison and Woodley both playing at the same time will hopefully solve our lack of pressure issues. Without those 3 contributing, I don't think we can win, but if we pressure Peyton and run the ball we will win.

kan_t
09-01-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm not worry about the pressure on Manning. A healthy Woodley can do it by his own.

Not having Clark is another story.

btaylor179
09-01-2012, 07:43 AM
would feel better if clark were playing.....hell we couldnt beat frickn tebow i really hate to see what peyton does

Rick5895
09-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Too much doom and gloom and the season hasn't even started. I am sure Redman will be fine, the other injuries are fact of life in NFL. How a team responds to adversity dictates whether or not they make the playoffs. We are pretty damn deep. But to all of you that seem to forget , we ran the ball down there bloody throats in the playoff game with a weaker team than we have now. (We lost guys during the game to injury and Ben still wasn't %100 due to his ankle) We lost because our OC decided to throw to the endzone in the final 2 minutes of the game with the game tied rather than run and get the necessary 15-20 yard required for a makeable FG attempt at the end of the game which would have given us the win.
I am sure you have noticed, we don't have that OC anymore, we have one with an actual brain and one that knows how to run an offense.

We will win by at least 10 points. I predict 24 -13 Steelers!!!

GBMelBlount
09-01-2012, 08:10 AM
Most people seem to forget Ben was severely hobbled the last time these teams met.....

With a stout (as always) defense, A healthy Ben, arguably the best receiving trio in the nfl AND a chip on our shoulders after an embarrassing playoff loss....I have a good feeling about the opener.

Fire Haley
09-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Ben laughs at any mention of running the ball with all his WR's chomping at the bit to go deep.

Shotgun, no-huddle spread offense, 5 wide!

Steelers win 41-21

GoFor7
09-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Aren't the Broncos dealing with some injuries and suspensions on their defense? Could be a higher scoring game.

LVSteelersfan
09-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I am not worried about the Broncos in the least. I honestly think that Peyton is going to be rusty, that some player like Hood is going to step up his game this year big time and that Redman will run it down their throats. Ben seems to be getting the ball out faster which will slow Dumberville down and we have actually seen screens to the RBs since Airheadians is gone. Those two things slow down the pass rush. If we can keep them off Ben, I think this game will be a laugher in the Steelers' favor. The only thing that bothers me is that whenever the Steelers have to travel west, they seem to play poorly. But since it is a prime time game, perhaps it will be negated a little bit. The NFL did us a favor by scheduling it at night.

tanda10506
09-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Aren't the Broncos dealing with some injuries and suspensions on their defense? Could be a higher scoring game.

Dummerville was arrested but the charges were dropped weeks ago. I haven't heard of any other problems for them.

GoFor7
09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Dummerville was arrested but the charges were dropped weeks ago. I haven't heard of any other problems for them.

This guy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000055585/article/dj-williams-lawsuit-dismissal-upheld-by-appeals-court

DJ William's suspension could be increased to 8 games.

They also placed one of their DEs, Jeremy Beal on IR. Not sure how much it hurts them.

GBMelBlount
09-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Ben laughs at any mention of running the ball with all his WR's chomping at the bit to go deep.

Shotgun, no-huddle spread offense, 5 wide!

Steelers win 41-21

5 touchdowns and 2 field goals?

I am hopeful but not yet sold on our red zone production being much better than last year.

MACH1
09-01-2012, 02:34 PM

I am hopeful but not yet sold on our red zone production being much better than last year.

Hater

:chuckle:

Fire Haley
09-01-2012, 02:44 PM

I don't do math, but that looks good

Hawaii 5-0
09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Hater

:chuckle:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/250/9/e/haters_gonna_hate_by_pa_chi_chi_chi-d2y9m5j.png

JPPT1974
09-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Steelers injuries or not, always find a way to win no matter what it seems.

sluggermatt15
09-01-2012, 03:37 PM

I am optimistic despite it only being the preseason. If we can score points and stop Manning, Steelers will win. If we get into a 0-14 or 7-21 hole, then it might be a long night. I just hope the secondary doesn't get torched...

GoFor7
09-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Woodley will need to pick up where he left off before he went down with a hamstring injury. He needs to terrorize Manning the same way he terrorized Brady last year.

GBMelBlount
09-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't do math, but that looks good

I forgot that it is not a good idea to analyze your posts. :chuckle:

tanda10506
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Woodley will need to pick up where he left off before he went down with a hamstring injury. He needs to terrorize Manning the same way he terrorized Brady last year.

We need the Harrison/Woodley tandem in full swing. Woodley can't do it on his own, Denver has a good O line and a running game which will be first priority for him on a lot of plays. We need Harrison back and playing well or someone else to step up big, or Peyton will get more time to throw then we'd like.

sluggermatt15
09-01-2012, 08:34 PM
We need the Harrison/Woodley tandem in full swing. Woodley can't do it on his own, Denver has a good O line and a running game which will be first priority for him on a lot of plays. We need Harrison back and playing well or someone else to step up big, or Peyton will get more time to throw then we'd like.

Yes, the pass rush was lethargic last season. It all starts up front. We need to get a big push with the d-line and linebackers. Peyton doesn't like to get hit. Steelers need to put him on the ground and make him know that there will be a rush and hands in his face.

GoFor7
09-01-2012, 09:24 PM

While it's certainly better with both Woodley and Harrison, Woodley is the one who has to make the bigger impact. No one is sure if Harrison is going to be 100% even if he plays. Before Woodley went down with the hammy, he was still making Brady his bitch even with a struggling Timmons on the opposite side.

Of course, it's most important that this defense forces turnovers.

As for the offense, some here are saying the Steelers should grind it out with the goal of keeping Manning on the sideline. I disagree. I say go up-tempo with no-huddle. Make old man Manning play catch-up.

GoFor7
09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
CBS seems to like the Steelers' chances in Denver. Five of their eight experts picked the Steelers in their week 1 picks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Hawaii 5-0
09-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Robinson: Steelers' offense has much to show in opener

By Alan Robinson
Published: Sunday, September 2, 2012

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=Uk86Q EKqUIBKtqeCtyEGIM$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvEtXIAFgXnkhP Lvelfo8lRWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Steelers offensive Coordinator Todd Haley talks with Ben Roethlisberger during practice at St. Vincent College Aug. 12, 2012.

Admit it. A week away from the first real game of the Steelers season, and you’re still waiting for The Blowup.

You’re certain it’s going to happen, perhaps the very first time Ben Roethlisberger discards a play call to improvise, but his wide receivers are blanketed and he takes one more sack to add to the body-punishing 261 he’s had the last half-dozen seasons.

As soon as it happens, offensive coordinator Todd Haley’s face turns an Arizona Cardinals shade of crimson, and you just know he’ll start screaming. This isn’t Bruce Arians’ offense, and there’s no more pampering Big Ben. Roethlisberger isn’t 23 any longer; he’s 30, and he needs to understand that extending his career is more important than extending a few plays.

But has anyone considered this possibility: Haley, the same coach who brought out the best in Kurt Warner, Keyshawn Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, just might enhance Roethlisberger’s career, and without the anticipated tumult and the shouting?

“Nobody on that ship is bigger than the Steelers’ brand,” said Jamie Dukes, the longtime offensive lineman and NFL Network analyst. “Not to get too philosophical, but the volatility from Haley is a nonfactor. This is something that is much bigger than he is.”

Dukes also doesn’t buy into the prevailing theory that Haley was hired to keep the Steelers from becoming another one of those throw-it-whenever-possible teams and transform them back into a more conservative, run-oriented team like they were in the Jerome Bettis days.

“Haley represents the best of both worlds — with Kurt Warner, he threw it 45 times a game and wouldn’t blink, and with Kansas City he ran it 45 times a game,” Dukes said. “It’s a concept of flexibility.”

The Steelers were run-heavy during their sixth consecutive 3-1 preseason under coach Mike Tomlin, but that’s hardly a surprise. Wide receiver Mike Wallace held out until two days before the preseason ended, and Roethlisberger and the other starters simply didn’t get enough continuous on-field time to develop the timing, rhythm and precision needed for a sophisticated passing game to evolve.

But if anyone thinks Roethlisberger is suddenly going to become a game-managing quarterback rather than a game-altering quarterback, that is not going to happen under Haley.

“I haven’t had any of those talks with the organization,” Haley said. “We’re going to play to his strengths but, at the same time, give him a chance to succeed on a down-in, down-out basis.”

In other words, throw the ball when it needs to be thrown, and run the ball when it needs to be run — and the game plan won’t be based on philosophies, run-to-pass ratios, quarterback ratings or statistical quotients.

“We’re a fundamental group, and we’ve been working hard on fundamentals,” Haley said. “We’re a game-plan offense, and we’re going to try to tailor our strengths against their weaknesses. And that’s using the stuff that we have, that we’ve been practicing for the last five or six months.”

Plus some of the stuff they haven’t been practicing, like the deep ball to Wallace. The Denver Broncos had better count on seeing a couple of those.

“Look at our preseason games. The one thing we’ve been needing is someone who can draw double coverage, always have a safety over the top,” safety Ryan Clark said. “Then you’ve got guys like Emmanuel (Sanders), Chris Rainey, Antonio Brown that can catch the ball underneath and have room to run and make plays. It also opens up the run game. When you talk about deep-ball guys, there’s a few of them you really fear, and Mike belongs in that category.”

Despite all the speculation about how firmly he would deal with Roethlisberger’s improvisational tendencies, Haley seems to be enjoying being an offensive coordinator again, and in his hometown.

He is hoping that the confrontation and controversy that dogged him in Kansas City the last three seasons are in the past rather than being in the offing, even if he is inheriting a quarterback who grew comfortable with another coach and another style.

“It is fun. You’re getting to coach again,” Haley said. “As a head coach, you’ve got to worry about a lot of things that don’t always pertain to coaching. As an offensive coordinator, you’re pretty much nuts-and-bolts coaching, on one side of the ball. You don’t have to worry about specialists or whether you’re faking a kick or a punt or whether you’re going for it on fourth down. You worry about putting guys in positions to succeed. That’s what’s fun for me. That’s what I know.”

What Haley also understands is his offense will be judged greatly by how well or poorly Roethlisberger plays, starting with the opener in Denver. It’s not only a national showcase for the Steelers, it’s also the unveiling of the still-evolving Haley offense that Steelers fans have been waiting to see for nearly eight months.

“We’re solely focused on one thing, and that’s being ready to go out in Mile High,” Haley said. “It’s going to be a big day for all of us, and we want to start good and come out of the gates rolling.”

And he didn’t say come out of the gates running.

THE WEEK AHEAD

Latrobe is in the distant past; Denver is on the immediate horizon. The Steelers won’t have to hear any Tim Tebow horror stories (that will wait until Week 2), but they’re going to hear a whole lot about a guy named Peyton Manning.

This will be only the third time Manning has faced them in 10 seasons; the other two years he did (2005 and ’08), the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl. Manning beat the Steelers in the regular season both years but lost to them in that unforgettable 2005 season playoff game in Indianapolis that was effectively decided by, of all things, a Roethlisberger tackle. That’s something Haley and Roethlisberger did not practice this summer.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2483787-85/haley-steelers-game-roethlisberger-run-ball-offense-coach-offensive-quarterback#ixzz25L8bmFDE

xbroughneck
09-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Steelers injuries or not, always find a way to win no matter what it seems.

LOL at your decision to completely erase the very last meanful game which was played in the exact same stadium with even more at stake, from your memory.

One Ryan Mundy in coverage. I'm worried.

GoFor7
09-02-2012, 04:59 PM
LOL at your decision to completely erase the very last meanful game which was played in the exact same stadium with even more at stake, from your memory.

One Ryan Mundy in coverage. I'm worried.

To be fair, the game winning TD was more on Ike than it was on Mundy.

teegre
09-02-2012, 05:52 PM
To be fair, the game winning TD was more on Ike than it was on Mundy.

Agreed.

And, I feel that Mundy got a bad rap for that game. It was a horrible gameplan... at times, they were in cover-zero (NO safeties playing deep). That was not Mundy's fault.

GoFor7
09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Agreed.

And, I feel that Mundy got a bad rap for that game. It was a horrible gameplan... at times, they were in cover-zero (NO safeties playing deep). That was not Mundy's fault.

Actually, going in the game the gameplan made sense. Unfortunately, Tebow was making throws he normally wasn't able to make, and LeBeau made no adjustments.

teegre
09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Actually, going in the game the gameplan made sense. Unfortunately, Tebow was making throws he normally wasn't able to make, and LeBeau made no adjustments.

Spot on.

Steel_Bus_24
09-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Agreed.

we were in Cover zero more because

1.Woodley's Hammy was Lame
2. Kiesel and Hampton were lost early on

Our Run D was gutted by the those injuries, not to mention we didn't have Clark who was excellent in run support as well

The gameplan evolved out of that by necessity

teegre
09-03-2012, 10:29 AM
we were in Cover zero more because

1.Woodley's Hammy was Lame
2. Kiesel and Hampton were lost early on

Our Run D was gutted by the those injuries, not to mention we didn't have Clark who was excellent in run support as well

The gameplan evolved out of that by necessity

I disagree.  They have said that that was the gameplan going in... because, they didn't think that Timmie could beat them.  

Millers the sh!t
09-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I say we win by 4. Expect decker to have a big game, along with a Denver having an effective running game.

steeltheone
09-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, the pass rush was lethargic last season. It all starts up front. We need to get a big push with the d-line and linebackers. Peyton doesn't like to get hit. Steelers need to put him on the ground and make him know that there will be a rush and hands in his face.

We have not had a consistent pass rush from anyone but the OLB's in years...

FrancoLambert
09-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Pressure up the middle to force him out of the pocket.
Sounds simplistic, but the more you do it against Peyton the better our chances.
Force him to throw on the run toward the sidelines.

GoFor7
09-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Per Mike Bires Twitter:

Mike Bires ‏@mikebires

James Harrison said he isn't sure if he'll be able to play Sunday nite in Denver

zsheik22
09-10-2012, 07:01 AM
No pressure on Manning and no Clark is what I have a terrible feeling about.

Also, good pressure on Ben.

I hope to God im wrong, I just dont have a warm fuzzy about playing in Denver.

Here's to me being wrong :tt03:

:banging:

Fire Haley
09-10-2012, 07:49 AM
nice call

I told you we needed to score 40 pts

Hawaii 5-0
09-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Steelers dominate Broncos in possession through three quarters, but lose

Posted: 09/10/2012

http://img.vrvm.com/media/render.htm?m=495575492&width=320

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin stood outside his team's locker room Sunday night, acknowledging every player that walked past him. No high-fives. Not pats on the behind. Just a genuine, old-fashioned handshake.

Before talking about it with the media, Tomlin was publicly proud of his team — despite a 31-19 season-opening loss to the Broncos at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

"It was a tough defeat, as they all are," Tomlin said after his second consecutive defeat to the Broncos in Denver. "That was a tough, hard-fought game, and just in a nutshell, I thought they made significant plays in the second half of the football game, particularly down the stretch. We lacked the significant plays, the game-defining play. They made them. Obviously, when that happens you're going to lose football games like we did tonight. We accept that."

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers dominated time of possession through three quarters (30:53 to 14:07), converting on 10-of-16 third-down plays and 1-of-2 on fourth down. Pittsburgh capped an 80-yard touchdown drive with 14:11 left in the game to take a 19-14 lead, but the Broncos scored the last 17 points.

The final time-of-possession comparison was 35:05 to 24:55, meaning the Broncos held the ball for much of the fourth quarter.

"We needed to possess the ball, needed to get stops, and time of possession was just that," Tomlin said. "Though, you look at the scoreboard, they got it done. We didn't. The plan did not come to fruition. ... Just not enough significant plays made, particularly down the stretch."

Tomlin said he did not recognize any rust from Peyton Manning, the NFL's only four-time MVP who was making his Broncos debut after missing all of last season because of injury.

"He's Peyton," Tomlin said.

Through three quarters, Pittsburgh limited Manning and company to 206 total yards. The Broncos finished with 334.

"Any loss is a bad loss. Nobody wants to lose," Steelers defensive lineman Brett Keisel said. "We've got some things we need to get better at. We'll take a look at this and hopefully learn from our mistakes."

Keisel was also impressed with Manning, who was 19-of-26 passing for 253 yards and two touchdowns.

"He was sharp, he was real sharp," Keisel said. "He's a great quarterback, and he got them the win today."

http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=wpu7O4Rj&full=true#display

azbronco
09-11-2012, 12:33 PM

Somebody with common sense - kudos