PDA

View Full Version : V Dallas 12/16

Tx777
07-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Putting my forum place holder up already :)
Will be attending the Dallas game driving up from San Antonio Sunday morning. Who else is attending and what we doing before the game?

windman
11-14-2012, 07:55 AM
My wife and I are driving in from San Angelo. I contacted a vendor that has packages deals. I have never done that before. But basically he is going to get us a hotel for two nights, shuttle to and from the game, a tailgate party all you can eat BBQ and all you can drink (soda beer wine water). the tail gate starts three hours before the game. I haven't committed to this guy yet but i like the idea of not having to drive there and back and the fact of just being around a lot of Steelers fans. Have you heard of anything else out there that is like this. Oh this package is $240 per person. I have no idea if that deal is bad or great.

Mikes38
11-15-2012, 05:07 AM
What info do you have on the vendor? A small group of us are coming to Dallas, got the airfare but no hotel or game tickets yet? Any help of where to stay from anybody would be helpful.

windman
11-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Hey Mikes38, this is the vendor www.steelcitycrusade.com I have no idea if this is a great deal or not. But let me know what yall decide to do.

Mikes38
11-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Just sent the Vendor an e-mail. Since I last posted we booked a hotel (Sheraton) in downtown Dallas. Bad thing is can't find any bars in the area that run shuttles to the game. Guess we should have stayed in FT.W or Arlington.

windman
11-20-2012, 09:48 AM
See that is the only thing im not sure of either. I not sure that i want to stay in north dallas but we shall see. Hey my email is dougrobinson67@gmail.com if you want mike send me a email.

Tx777
11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I emailed them to no response asking solely about the tailgate party since I have everything else already booked. If its a fair price I might jump on it and if not I will hopefully find some fellow fans to party with. 26 more day wooohooooo!

windman
11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Hey tx77 do u already have a shuttle? If so where are u staying and how much is it all.

Tx777
11-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Im staying at the motel 6 down the road from the stadium i believe the 2 bed room i got was like 65 bucks,
we either plan to walk down to the stadium, take a taxi or hop a ride with other fans that are staying there. its about a mile and a half walk

BioHaz43
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Hey Tx777, this is Dave from last year's Houston tailgate. I'm headed to Big D with the same crew as last year so let's meet up and get a tailgate goin. I see some responses but nothing looks organized yet. Other folks want to tailgate?

I was thinking of parking here- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Cowboys-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Stadium-Parking-W-Free-Shuttle-12-16-12-/251126864309

They have a free shuttle to get you in/out, pretty cheap, and a decent tailgate scene from what gather. I was thinking to at least start here, tailgate a couple hrs, then head in to the game. Thoughts?

Tx777
12-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey Dave,
Sounds like a great plan. My hotel is just a few miles from the lot. When you order let me know so I can also. For everything they offer it seems like a great deal

Tx777
12-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey Tx777, this is Dave from last year's Houston tailgate. I'm headed to Big D with the same crew as last year so let's meet up and get a tailgate goin. I see some responses but nothing looks organized yet. Other folks want to tailgate?

I was thinking of parking here- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Cowboys-vs-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Stadium-Parking-W-Free-Shuttle-12-16-12-/251126864309

They have a free shuttle to get you in/out, pretty cheap, and a decent tailgate scene from what gather. I was thinking to at least start here, tailgate a couple hrs, then head in to the game. Thoughts?

Did you decide on a lot yet Dave?

windman
12-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Hey yall not sure if yall are interested but that one guy that i talked about up there is offering a tailgate for $60 all you can eat all you can drink. He also said he still has some game packages with tickets as well.

BioHaz43
12-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Did you decide on a lot yet Dave?

Yeah, I went ahead and booked the MidSouth parking lot. Even if we decide to tailgate in one of the main lots we still needed a place to park and this is cheap and from what I can tell will make getting in/out of the stadium pretty easy.

:tt04:

BioHaz43
12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Hey yall not sure if yall are interested but that one guy that i talked about up there is offering a tailgate for $60 all you can eat all you can drink. He also said he still has some game packages with tickets as well.

Are you doing one of the pre-paid tailgates? I'm thinking about Bill Bate's tailgate for $50- mainly to have a bunch of folks to hang out with. But with a decent size group x $50 a person we can put together a damn good tailgate ourselves!

I have some friends coming from HOU that are willing to bring grill/cooler/chairs if folks are down to tailgate in the MidSouth lot with us! :

drink::drink:

Tx777
12-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Are you doing one of the pre-paid tailgates? I'm thinking about Bill Bate's tailgate for $50- mainly to have a bunch of folks to hang out with. But with a decent size group x $50 a person we can put together a damn good tailgate ourselves!

I have some friends coming from HOU that are willing to bring grill/cooler/chairs if folks are down to tailgate in the MidSouth lot with us! :

drink::drink:

Dave let me know and we'll bring some meat to grill up and of course beer. Im def parking at MidSouth

Island Steeler
12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
New to thisboard but an old, lifetime fan. Will be coming down from NW Arkansas with my fiancee to watch my beloved Steelers. Just looking for tailgating or even barhopping on Saturday night ideas.

BioHaz43
12-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Dave let me know and we'll bring some meat to grill up and of course beer. Im def parking at MidSouth

Sorry Anthony, we are still debating the all-inclusive tailgate or grilling on our own at Midsouth. We have a Packers fan with us that wants to see his game during the tailgate...:banging:

I hope to have this squared away this afternoon before I jump on my flight but I will at least know by Saturday morning what exactly we are doing.

BioHaz43
12-14-2012, 01:47 PM
New to thisboard but an old, lifetime fan. Will be coming down from NW Arkansas with my fiancee to watch my beloved Steelers. Just looking for tailgating or even barhopping on Saturday night ideas.

I've never been to Dallas so I can't speak to much. I'm staying Fri night in Big D and Sat/Sun in Ft. Worth. Sat night we are hitting up Billy Bob's honky tonk and maybe a rodeo (when in Rome...).

For Dallas I was told to check out the Uptown/McKinney area for a good selection of bars/restaurants. I'm probably heading there tonight when I get in.

Hope that helps a bit! :tt04:

BioHaz43
12-14-2012, 03:56 PM
I hope to have this squared away this afternoon before I jump on my flight but I will at least know by Saturday morning what exactly we are doing.

We booked the all-inclusive tailgate- do a web search for Bill Bate's Ultimate Tailgate Party. $50 plus a $3 booking fee.

I hope to see a few others from Steeler Nation!

Go Steelers!

Tx777
12-15-2012, 06:35 PM
still parking at mid south. then hanging i. lot 4

Tx777
12-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Dave. I will be kicking it with the Southern Steel Fan Club in Lot 4 . Its a pretty big group. Call me when ur at misouth