PDA

View Full Version : lecharles bentley 1st camp casualty?

tony hipchest
07-27-2006, 09:35 AM
mary kay of the cleveland plains dealer just reported lecharles went down with an undisclosed leg injury on the very 1st play of this years camp (running play). reported that he was screaming and pounding his fist and they carted him off the field in an air cast. owners and managers looked somber.

breaking news on sirius

Livinginthe past
07-27-2006, 10:40 AM
If thats accurate that sounds like a season ender.

You get a feeling about these sort of injuries - and players beating the floor after they go down is a sure sign of a big one.

NM

83-Steelers-43
07-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Browns center Bentley hurts knee first day of camp

BEREA, Ohio -- Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley sustained an injury to his left knee during the Browns' first 11-on-11 drill of training camp on Thursday.

Bentley got tangled in a pile of players as he was blocking on a running play for Reuben Droughns.

Bentley screamed, "No," before remaining on his knees as the Browns moved their scrimmage up the field so trainers could attend to the 6-foot-2, 309-pound player.

He stayed on the ground in a seated position for several minutes before Cleveland's medical staff immobilized his left knee and carted him to the locker room.

Bentley covered his face with a towel on the short drive to the field house as Browns players and fans looked on in shock.

The extent of Bentley's injury is not yet known.

Bentley, a five-year veteran, signed as a free agent with the Browns in March.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2531239

Yeah, that doesn't sound very good for Bentley and the Browns organization.

SteelerFanInCA
07-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Damn, that's some tough news. Hopefully it's not that serious and the guy can play this season.

Ambridge
07-27-2006, 02:26 PM
I heard the news about Bentley on the way home from work along with the mention of a possible torn patellar tendon.

It sounds like LeCharles might be gone for the season.

I hope the camp and preseason injuries are minimal for all 32 teams this year.
Last year and the year before the list of injuries was absolutely crazy.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-27-2006, 03:03 PM
i hate to see any player from any team get injured......But its just so much worse when it the preseason or training camp

BBC
07-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Full tear of the patellar tendon, he's done for the season. It's a shame, the Browns were actually showing some promise going into this year.

boLT fan
07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Well now i'm kind of glad the Chargers didn't sign him. Kind of a shame, though. Like some other people said, the Browns looked to have some promise this year and hopefully this won't tarnish that.

BB2W
07-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Wow... thats too bad. One could take it as a sign that he should have never went to Cleveland. :pity:

Stillers#1
07-27-2006, 04:22 PM
out for the season, just saw this on NF network, I made a thread about it before i saw this one, guess we can lock it now.

j-dawg
07-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Wow... thats too bad. One could take it as a sign that he should have never went to Cleveland. :pity:

:couch:

i am so pissed!!!!

by the way bb2w he was born and raised in cleveland... :rolleyes: it's just a crummy accident.

tony hipchest
07-27-2006, 06:11 PM

i am so pissed!!!!

by the way bb2w he was born and raised in cleveland... :rolleyes: it's just a crummy accident.
as our only resident brownfan (and a decent one at that) i will offer up some sympathy. it does suck and i hope us steelerfans dont have to go through the same thing with one of our marqee players (even though i dont doubt our depth). the ben scare was bad enough.

ironic that the browns center jeff faine is now a saint.

Ambridge
07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
ironic that the browns center jeff faine is now a saint.

That's a big blow to Cleveland's O-line..............who is Bentley's backup??

MasterOfPuppets
07-27-2006, 06:29 PM

i am so pissed!!!!

I feel for ya dude...the browns finally make a legitimate move to upgrade their crummy organization,now this...:shake01:

CantStop85
07-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Well at least I don't have to hear about Bentley demolishing Ngata, Adams, and Hampton anymore from Browns fans.

It is an unfortunate situation, though...Bentley was their one ray of hope and they even got rid of Faine.

tony hipchest
07-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Well at least I don't have to hear about Bentley demolishing Ngata, Adams, and Hampton anymore from Browns fans.

It is an unfortunate situation, though...Bentley was their one ray of hope and they even got rid of Faine.leave it to the lone bengalsfan to be the one insensitive enough to practically cheer over the shitty browns misfortune. and people wonder why steelerfans are often regarded as the classiest, most knowledgable fans in the nfl. :busted: :sofunny:

Haiku_Dirtt
07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Damn, that's some tough news. Hopefully it's not that serious and the guy can play this season.

It's the last thing you'd want to hear. Poor Brownies. Seriously.

Going into camp I'm like the person who is afraid of flying moments before take off.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-27-2006, 08:55 PM
The Browns since they have been back in the NFL have had the worst luck. Most of their top picks have busted out or been injured. Then the one year they did make the playoffs and were leading the Steelers by double digits it that game. Only to have Tommy Maddox lead the Steelers back for the win. That game was one of the best game I have ever seen. Now this happens to Bentley on the first play of camp. This is a huge blow to the Browns.