PDA

View Full Version : Ben Reports First Injury Of Season

Atlanta Dan
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Ben warms up for the regular season by his first injury report for 2012

Steelers' Roethlisberger not worried about 'little' tear in rotator cuff

For the record, Roethlisberger likes the new offense and says he and Haley get along well --and he does not believe his right arm will hold back that offense. It was injured in the Steelers Nov. 6 loss to Baltimore. He mentioned it in the spring but this is the first time he's publicly called it a rotator cuff tear. However, he says it feels fine, that his arm feels strong and that it should not hamper any of his throws.

"I'm good. It's OK, just sore," he said when asked about his arm injury. "I have a little torn rotator cuff. That doesn't heal. We just have to hope it doesn't tear the rest of the way, according to Doc," he said, laughing....:noidea:

Hopefully the broken toes from the AFC Championship game in Ben's rookie season and his broken ribs injured in Super Bowl XLIII remain healed:coffee:

In other news from Ben World

What has gotten better is his understanding of Haley's offense. Their relationship is growing and the shock value of having his mentor and friend, Bruce Arians, shown the door as coordinator by the Steelers in January has worn off.

"Obviously, things got blown up early on," Roethlisberger said of the firing/hiring. His relationship with Haley "really has been good, it's been good ebb and flow, talking, changing things; he's been open to hearing some change, I've been open to changes from him. So it's been really good. Every day we learn something new about either each other, the relationship, the offense, something. We take it, we run with it and we're not looking back."

Roethlisberger also acknowledged liking the new offense....

One thing Haley and Roethlisberger are still working on is when to dump the ball off to a back when the main receivers are not open. Haley wants to see more of it, Roethlisberger would still like to check more secondary receivers. Haley emphasizes that he wants his quarterbacks to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball, even if that means a "check down" to a back. Roethlisberger, of course, has made a reputation as a scrambling gunslinger at times.

They are trying to find that happy medium.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/roethlisberger-not-worried-about-little-tear-in-rotator-cuff-647119/?p=0

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/roethlisberger-not-worried-about-little-tear-in-rotator-cuff-647119/#ixzz22KK5HSCE

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-01-2012, 06:06 PM
So Ben likes to extend the play and look for WR's downfield....sometimes making a play and other times taking a sack. Haley wants him to check down to a RB and let them make things happen.

This will be interesting, as Haley's way probably leads to more 3-5 yard gains and fewer sacks, while Ben gets the odd big play and about 20 more sacks per season.

Curtain_of_Steel
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
If they knew this was torn in November, why not fix it if they blew the broncos game? Instead they let it go.

I have a slight tear, some days it feels great and you think, finally it healed. Than one wrong little slip, sleep wrong on it and its back to hurting a bit. I play golf and thatmotion doesn't effect it at all so we shouldn't hear about why is ben playing golf etc.
The whole point is, why not fix the dam thing when they knew it was torn? This will not heal, and he will have it all year, if it doesnt tear fully.
Very stupid of the organization.

Ben will like any O that putsup numbers. Bottom line is wins and superbowls. Of course not getting sacked 50 times a year and being hit 200 will help as well.

Fire Arians
08-01-2012, 07:48 PM
So Ben likes to extend the play and look for WR's downfield....sometimes making a play and other times taking a sack. Haley wants him to check down to a RB and let them make things happen.

This will be interesting, as Haley's way probably leads to more 3-5 yard gains and fewer sacks, while Ben gets the odd big play and about 20 more sacks per season.

with all the noise chris rainey is making at camp, maybe they'll get some 30-50 yarders from dumping off to the rb lol

tanda10506
08-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Might seem a bit premature to be worried about it, but all it takes is for it to tear more and there goes the season. Charlie Batch, or any backup QB for that matter, will not win a SB for us. Winning a SB now days requires a top notch QB. The thing I didn't like is Tomlin said he wasn't worried about it. Well last year he wasn't worried about Lewis' injury before the Broncos game but he missed it and he said he wasn't worried about Ben's ankle last year and it was the turning point to the season's demise. In the other thread on this it was said that if a doctor inspected every QB's shoulder that most of them would have a small tear, so that makes it sound not too bad, but IMO that's like a weak link in the chain, will it hold up all season? Probably "nothing", but damn, lately it seems like it's always "something".

StainlessStill
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Might seem a bit premature to be worried about it, but all it takes is for it tear more and there goes the season. Charlie Batch, or any backup QB for that matter, will not win a SB for us. Winning a SB now days requires a top notch QB. The thing I didn't like is Tomlin said he wasn't worried about it. Well last year he wasn't worried about Lewis' injury before the Broncos game but he missed it and he said he wasn't worried about Ben's ankle last year and it was the turning point to the season's demise. In the other thread on this it was said that if a doctor inspected every QB's shoulder that most of them would have a small tear, so that makes it sound not too bad, but IMO that's like a weak link in the chain, will it hold up all season?

It's football. Injuries are apart of this tantra. No player is 100% and will battle injury every day. Who knows what we DON'T know. If we start worrying about injury now, then the sky is falling. I'm confident Ben will be okay. He's done all the right things and we're implementing an offense that will help him take less hits and keep him off his ass. That's the only thing we can do. He's the toughest son of a bitch in the entire league. Bring it on.

JPPT1974
08-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Well he always seems to be ok. And plays well when he is hurt. But still, that has to really, really hurt him having that injury.

GoFor7
08-01-2012, 09:06 PM
If they knew this was torn in November, why not fix it if they blew the broncos game? Instead they let it go.

I have a slight tear, some days it feels great and you think, finally it healed. Than one wrong little slip, sleep wrong on it and its back to hurting a bit. I play golf and thatmotion doesn't effect it at all so we shouldn't hear about why is ben playing golf etc.
The whole point is, why not fix the dam thing when they knew it was torn? This will not heal, and he will have it all year, if it doesnt tear fully.
Very stupid of the organization.

Ben will like any O that putsup numbers. Bottom line is wins and superbowls. Of course not getting sacked 50 times a year and being hit 200 will help as well.

I'm no doctor, but from what I've heard you can't have surgery on it until the rotator cuff is fully torn. So for the moment, nothing can be done about it. Ben will just have to play and hope it doesn't fully tear.

Steelers17
08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I am far more concerned about his two broken toes from years ago!

objectivefan
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Really? this is a concern? Ben is fine.

GoFor7
08-01-2012, 09:59 PM
I am far more concerned about his two broken toes from years ago!

And I am far more concerned about your creepy Pierre McGuire avatar.

BGSU A Dub
08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I would be concerned if we DIDN'T hear about something being "wrong" with Ben before the season starts.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

meanfish
08-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I would be concerned if we DIDN'T hear about something being "wrong" with Ben before the season starts.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Amen Brother!!! That's classic.

Rick5895
08-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Ben the Drama Queen strikes again, LOL

Bayz101
08-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Here's some links on Ben's shoulder:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/08/01/ben-roethlisberger-has-shoulder-injury-not-worried-about-minor-tear/

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Roethlisberger-says-shoulder-is-fine/49b4acdf-34b2-42a0-87e8-0351c14f29d0

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-scare-ben-s-arm-is-fine/article_fb2a7ed5-37fb-5dac-aaf1-f21f42ff451d.html

__________________________________________________ _________

With ten an hour, i'll just keep throwing them in here unless something significant is posted.

Steeler13
08-02-2012, 09:22 PM
with all the noise chris rainey is making at camp, maybe they'll get some 30-50 yarders from dumping off to the rb lol

Exactly. We have so much speed outside its incredible.

Steelers>NFL
08-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Why even bring the injury up? Especially if it is from last year? What was the point? To dramatize it???

BGSU A Dub
08-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Ben probably said it in a matter of fact, sitting around having a beer with the boys fashion and the media took it and blew it up. They DO get paid to do those kinds of things.