PDA

View Full Version : Sirius broadcast live from Friday Night Lights

tony hipchest
08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
....right now- http://sportstalk.triblive.com/ (interview w/ hampton coming up)

tomorrow is also the day to sign up for your free trial of sirius internet radio for your computer as tim ryan and pat kirwan make their camp stop. 4 hours of great interviews and radio as they broadcast live from "friday night lights".

43Hitman
08-03-2012, 03:07 PM
....right now- http://sportstalk.triblive.com/ (interview w/ hampton coming up)

tomorrow is also the day to sign up for your free trial of sirius internet radio for your computer as tim ryan and pat kirwan make their camp stop. 4 hours of great interviews and radio as they broadcast live from "friday night lights".

Thanks for the info about Sirius. What channel is Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on? I'm not familiar with Sirius' interface.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info about Sirius. What channel is Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on? I'm not familiar with Sirius' interface.

channel 88

their show from latrobe starts 7pm-10pm est

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 07:11 PM
over 10,000 in attendance.

interviews coming up with porter, parker, a. smith and m. smith, haley, colbert, art II and more.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
"decastro will have a huge rookie year running "power-g" to the left, with the TE strongside to the right."

mike tomlin coming up...

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 07:35 PM
"youre the first coach to make me feel this new limited practice schedule is great".

less room for mental errors, a higher baseline, and more time for film study. basically the players better be studied up so they dont need lots of practice reps.

todd haley is a football purist. mike says- "we're kindred spirits".

on james being on the PUP-

[being cautious] "when we take the wrapper off of james harrison, we're gonna leave the wrapper off of him and let him play."

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 07:45 PM
steelers on of few teams theyve seen in camp that still does doing 9 on 7 drills. blitz pick up drill with 9 on O and 7 on D. defense knows what is coming. baron batch was the star of this drill last season, and NOBODY could get past him.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 07:49 PM
"that offensive line is freaking massive! oh my God!" - tim ryan.

"dust off the old joe gibbs counter trey cause these guys can do it" - pat kirwan (ike redman is the sweep play runner cause HE CAN DO IT.

kirwan is very high on redman. suggests mendenhall could very well have a tuff time winning the job back.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 07:54 PM
antonio brown looks faster than everyone else and he's just jogging.

Bayz101
08-03-2012, 07:58 PM
antonio brown looks faster than everyone else and he's just jogging.

Not sure if it means anything, but I was hearing that Brown actually won the race between Wallace, Johnson and himself. Maybe he's just not as fast in pads?

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 08:02 PM
joey porter- indy playoff game is his most memorable moment. not playing (this season) cause he has to save some cartilage for his little boys. joey porter already talked to mike tomlin about coaching. hes ready to put in the time. him and tomlin share the same barber, jerome turned him onto, thats why they always look so clean.

Pat- 10 years w/ the jets i signed lots of steelers and them guys were heartbroken when they got to us. joey concurs... its a different atmosphere, family. he been away for 4-5 years and it just wasnt the same. comes back to phg for this retiremnt party and says its like he never left.

once a steeler always a steeler. still bleeding black and gold.

interview gave me goosebumps.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 08:17 PM
art rooney II

"4 great players, honored to have them back in this atmoshpere and crowd for their retirement"

"want to run the ball better" ben in best physical shape he's seen him in in many years. todds stong suit is utilizing the talent he has.

bens shoulder is abump and abruise. ben needs to keep an eye on it.

excited for decastro. colbert kept saying that decastro would be there and the owner and coaches kept telling kevin he was crazy.

on ageless dick lebea. "dont know what gene pool he came out of but is amazing. still shoots par and does the push ups on the field. talking about memories of jack butler. dermonti one of the great centers of all time... lucky to have him and webster. suprized it took dirt so long to get in. long overdue.

jimmy haslem is a great guy and will bring lots of energy to browns... will have to learn to hate him on gamedays :chuckle: :poop:

tomlin- mike has been everything we have hoped for and more, young man with still plenty of room to grow. for someone not from pgh has true appreciation and respect of steelers way. dan rooney is over in canton. thinks theres a chance the steelers will play reg season game in ireland. let the league know they would be interested if it benefits the league.

43Hitman
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
channel 88

their show from latrobe starts 7pm-10pm est

Cool. Thanks alot Tone. Listening to Haley now. I think I'm gonna love this guy.

steelerchad
08-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Love Sirius,

Time and Pat are the best.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 08:34 PM
myron rolle just absolutely pancaked a wr in a screen blocking drill (and just did it again for a second time- can hear the crowd ooohing and ahhhing)

todd haley- (pat and tim say he WILL use heath miller).

lotta old memories. most of his childhood and teenage memories revolve around the steelers. steelers thing is like a time capsule. his boss as a ballboy is still here and doesnt look any different.
lotta talent on offensive side of the ball. gotta pup equal time on both passing and running ball in practice to be a good team so gonna give each side its just due and let chips fall where they may.

gilbert practicing like he really wants to be part of something special. haley loves this line. rooks trying to keep head above water. decastro and adams are making progress. watch adams doing stretch play. freak athelete at 330 lbs. has a chance to be a good player.

gotta be really efficient as coaches with limited practices but feels good about progress.

wr is a neat group. little different body type than what hes used to. very fast, versitile. thinks both brown and sanders are gonna be hard to cover. really likes cothery who is ringleader of the group. clemons looks like he has some ability. then a bunch of other young guys. knows hes got 2-3 really good ones.

him and ben are really good. he's stayed the course with the process and establishing a relationship w/ his qb. ben hungry to step his game up and thats what great players do.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Cool. Thanks alot Tone. Listening to Haley now. I think I'm gonna love this guy.

Love Sirius,

Time and Pat are the best.

im sporting wood right now. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 08:59 PM
TUNCH- offensive line loves this offense. short set everybody. aggressive, hands in the face. get off the ball quick. will actually open up more long ball. colon terrorizing people in camp. he has been phenominal. trying to crush people. nifty on his feet for 335. faneca game is back. first play chips off NT picks up LT and slams him.

gilbert, pouncey, colon all feisty and its infectious. decastro coming along a little slow. angles in nfl are different in college. LB's beat you to the spot. never happened to him in college. blind dog in a meat house.

mike adams very pleasant suprise. doesnt look slow. father along than he thought he'd be.

loves ike redman. thinks hes a featured back in the league came into camp in great shape and blew the running test away. every down back. not afraid of harrison or woodley, will get up in a defenders mustache.

dont worry about "the ben report". high velocity, tight spiral, ball coming out quick. ben and arians got enamoured with 3 vertical wr's. it comes with risk of standing tall and taking shots.

heath will get the ball alot.

achilles heel? they are a wr down w/o wallace. thinks cortez allen beats keenan lewis. curtis brown is tremendous athelete. terror on STs. would be a great dip n rip blitzer. mundy 8 lbs heavier, faster and stronger.

timmons is an athelete but not a great sight guy. flipping him with mack and buck will help this and improve his recognition calling plays.

[mcclendon just tossed pouncey] now has different attitude in preparation, picked hokes brain and studied like hokie. 1st step is alot better. gets hands off ground and into chest immediately which is why he keeps beating pouncey.

(tunch is freaking GREAT)

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 09:26 PM
charlie batch made the team tonight in drills beating every blitz. he also was the only qb to make the ball in the trashcan from 40 yds away. (tim and pats running joke is batch makes the team every year in friday night lights drills because he knows the defense so well and how to dissect it).

ANTONIO BROWN- we got some great passing concepts. definitely miss mike wallace. excited to see how they will compliment eachother. isaac a great teammate. ben looking great. corners doing good. hes excited about keenan.

very short and bland interview.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 09:41 PM
kirwan thinks both b. batch and c. rainey WONT make the team. one or the other. most likely rainey.

i disagree.

tburhans
08-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about rainey and have heard batch has showed no hesitation with his knee. Not sure if batch makes the roster but at worst he's practice squad

MACH1
08-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Sonofa.....Only have sirius in my truck. Your gonna make me go out and sit in the hot ass truck and sweat like a pig to listen to this.

43Hitman
08-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Sonofa.....Only have sirius in my truck. Your gonna make me go out and sit in the hot ass truck and sweat like a pig to listen to this.

Its training camp. You could use the work. lol

MACH1
08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Its training camp. You could use the work. lol

It'd be like I was almost there. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 10:01 PM
keisel isnt gonna take credit for sending alameda to wal mart but said it was probably to "walk some of that fat off".

says steve mcclendon has been most impressive. ready for hood and hayward to step up big time, doesnt mind them keeping him fresh. "its their time".

he will never be able to repay everything aaron smith has taught him and he's just trying to pass that on to these youngsters.

what a great 3 hours of steelers media best of the year other than when they are in the SB.

re-cap- looks like baron batch got nicked up a bit. keep your eye on it. ben didnt do much. batch tossing bombs and lazers. colon a beast. decastro still a work in progress. lebeau sending blitzes left and right. mundy blitzed from the half field safety mark and made it w/o creeping up- looks fast.

predict mike wallace to report aug 20. great gesture to retire willie, aaron, marvell and joey at latrobe in this atmosphere.

Hawaii 5-0
08-03-2012, 10:25 PM
predict mike wallace to report aug 20.

any reason given for the aug 20 date?

43Hitman
08-03-2012, 10:51 PM
That was some quality radio tonight. Loved hearing about all the young guys. I'm not worried about DD in the least bit, he will get it and when he does, will be a nice complement to Pouncey and Colon.

Steelersfan87
08-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the summaries, tony, it's appreciated.

tony hipchest
08-03-2012, 11:23 PM
any reason given for the aug 20 date?if the steelers really want him they got him for the next 3 years.

2.7 mil + 2013 franchise tag + 2014 franchise tag < 10 mil/ year they already offered him. if he holds out and loses game checks he already lowers an offer he already turned down.

he is in a cant win situation. he played his four aces and the steelers were holding a royal flush. his main goal right now is to not get hurt in bs practices or meaningless pre-season games. Aug 20 gets him in here with a week to prepare for the third pre-season game, which is when the starters will be getting the buld of their playing time anyways. he doesnt need much more preparation thatn that to be fast and know how to use his hands.

Thanks for the summaries, tony, it's appreciated.no prob. :cheers: its great information and good to know people like the breakdowns.

i forgot that sirius free 30 day trial requires a credit card and essentially a subscription with option to cancel for free w/in 30 days. they used to offer a 3 or 7 day free trial with no strings attached.

TheDude
08-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Saw the movin the chains crew there...both Kirwan and Ryan seem like class acts. Actually watched practice tonite, with those guys directly behind me. It was great listening to Tunch talk with them on and off the air. Very interesting conversation...especially off the air