PDA

View Full Version : Steeler of all time

JerseySTEEL
06-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Whos the one steeler u would want to go back in time to watch a game and meet him.

mine is Bill Dudley, the guy was the best of the best to small and nnot fast enought for football they said, but he led the league in rushing, punt returns, interceptions, and lateral passes attempted.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Of all time.. oh man, how in the hell can u narrow that down..there's just way too many.. I'd have to go back to the 70's and just watch the dynasty in action,and then go out and hang out w/ all of them!!!

I would have loved to have been there to see mean joe and jack lambert in action in the day !

clevestinks
06-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Ernie Stauntner, heard a lot about this guy.

And Dick Hoak, out of respect for he has done

BlitzburghRockCity
06-12-2005, 12:36 AM
The Chief !!! man what a great time that would be to be able to sit down w/ him and listen to his stories.

Prosdo
06-12-2005, 01:50 AM
The Chief !!! man what a great time that would be to be able to sit down w/ him and listen to his stories.

I agree. What better guy to talk with and here how it all came about/.

clevestinks
06-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Nice call Blitz, that would be a great story.

Ironman
06-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Never saw him play... but my choice would be Bobby Layne, HOF QB. He just seems like he was the prototypical 50's- early 60's player... stay up all night carousing and still bring it when the clock started at gametime. Read the HOF profile on him below:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=126

http://img288.echo.cx/img288/1899/65ac.gif

LambertIsGod58
06-12-2005, 03:34 PM
I'd love to go back to Three Rivers and watch "Madman Jack" roam the middle. I was too young to go then. I was 2yrs old when Lambert joined the Steelers. So the games from the glory years I watch are on DVD or VHS. I haven't enjoyed watching anyone play more. You'll never see the Glory Days of the '70's again.

clevestinks
06-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I would have never guessed that you would have said Lambert, LOL
Good call.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Another one... Not so much historical.. but man, could you imagine being in the locker room before and after a game w/ Greg Lloyd in there!!!

Man oh man, talk about getting fired up !!!!!!

Prosdo
06-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Another one... Not so much historical.. but man, could you imagine being in the locker room before and after a game w/ Greg Lloyd in there!!!

Man oh man, talk about getting fired up !!!!!!

I met him a while back at training camp. Talk about a scary dude. He was nice and all don't get me wrong. lol

ironcitychef
06-13-2005, 01:56 AM
I say Chuck Noll. He is a down to earth guy, but the fascinating part is even though he won 4 of 6 he wanted to break the machine. He was always looking to find new techniques and training, new types of players that would benefit the future of the franchise. How do you mange to think like that when you are surrounded by that much talent? I spend most of my day just trying to get my "work" to go right, let alone think about what to do when it does start going smoothly.

clevestinks
06-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Noll does probably have some awesome stories to tell to. He is a class act.

bigbensgirl7
06-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Well I have actually met Chuck Noll...he graduated from the University of Dayton and was back in town for a football fundraiser with Jon Gruden. He was a super nice guy and even bought us a round of drinks.
But anyways...I have always said if I could go back in time...it would be to the 70s and honestly I don't know which one player I would want to meet...so I am just going to say I would rather sit on the sidelines and just watch them all. My family tells me stories about what it was like to live in Pittsburgh during the 70s and I wish I could have experienced that excitement! :o

BlitzburghRockCity
06-14-2005, 02:42 AM
I met him a while back at training camp. Talk about a scary dude. He was nice and all don't get me wrong. lol

I met Lloyd at a card/memoribilia show a long time ago, was doing a signing w/ Darren Perry. And man, his hands were like paws and his neck was so freekin huge it was unreal. But a helluva nice guy to all the fans. He even stayed over 2 extra hours to make sure everyone got their stuff signed.

SteelerFanInATL
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Definately Lambert! He has that look that says "Don't $%# with me" !! I am old enough to
have the pleasre of watching him play. When we played football after the Steeler games
we all wanted to get one of those Jack Lambet Like hits (sticks) on someone.

clevestinks
07-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Lambert could play today! Imagine him another twenty pounds heavier. With Llyodd on one side and Kevin Greene on the other. Goose Bumps Baby ! Goose Bumps.

LambertIsGod58
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Lambert, Ham & Russell make up the greatest LB trio in NFL history....You can take that to the bank. Russell was the best player on the Steelers up til '69 when they drafted Joe Greene.

VaDave
07-21-2005, 08:45 PM
The guy I would love to see again was Eugene Bid Daddy Lipscome. I was too young to understand his impact on the game whe he was with us. Out of the super bowl era, Ham, Lambert and Russell, In the 80's Woodson returning kickoffs, 90's K. Green, & Lloyd.

pitt
07-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Jack Lambert.

Avoid LLoyd1975
07-22-2005, 03:09 PM
LLoyd or Lambert. Toss up