PDA

View Full Version : Ben Injured, again. This time ankle, deemed "not serious"

Bayz101
08-04-2012, 11:25 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/ben-roethlisberger-injuries-left-ankle-but-not-deemed-serious/

https://p.twimg.com/Aze82lNCEAAVpOk.jpg

__________________________________________________ _______

Before you go off calling him a baby, I've had my left tackle roll my ankle, and it SUCKS. Sure, finishing practice after about a half-hour of resting the ankle is possible, but waking up the next morning isn't fun at ALL. Hopefully it's nothing more than just a sprained ankle.

OX1947
08-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Hopefully we can squeeze one more title out of him before he is in a wheelchair by the age of 45.

Bayz101
08-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Hopefully we can squeeze one more title out of him before he is in a wheelchair by the age of 45.

Right, lol. Doesn't help that the damn lineman are walking all over him. If the lineman are getting pushed into him, we have issues.

GoFor7
08-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Memo to Steelers defense: Don't hurt Ben. He's your best chance at a Lombardi.

Fire Arians
08-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Memo to Steelers defense: Don't hurt Ben. He's your best chance at a Lombardi.

I'm sure they know that

OX1947
08-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Right, lol. Doesn't help that the damn lineman are walking all over him. If the lineman are getting pushed into him, we have issues.

I have made peace with myself that Big Ben and Troy aren't going to be 12-13 year vets in this league. I think Troy and Ben have 3 years tops left. So, we can hope for a good 3 years and maybe get one more title out of it which would seal the deal on their hall of fame entrance completely.

vasteeler
08-05-2012, 12:17 AM
I have made peace with myself that Big Ben and Troy aren't going to be 12-13 year vets in this league. I think Troy and Ben have 3 years tops left. So, we can hope for a good 3 years and maybe get one more title out of it which would seal the deal on their hall of fame entrance completely.

i dont know about troy but ben will definitely play for more than 3 more years

GoFor7
08-05-2012, 12:18 AM

With Troy maybe because of the reckless abandon he plays with. If this o-line can come together then I think Ben can play another 7 or 8 years.

Bayz101
08-05-2012, 12:29 AM

I made peace with that not that long ago myself, but this new offensive line gives me hope. If it keeps him safe, he'll be around for at least another five or six years.

TheDude
08-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Troy could be a Barry Sanders type guy....just wakes up one day and says, "Im done"

Ben though?

Just dont believe he would do that. Too competetive. Too many landmark milestones within his reach. Too much opportunity to truly retire a Legend.

Now if the OL were to not get any better...could he suffer a major injury? Sure.

But barring injury...I dont see Ben walking away from the game if he has ANY gas left in the tank.

I mean, Cmon, man....hes gotta feed the monkey!!!

OX1947
08-05-2012, 12:44 AM
I am sorry fellas, but Big Ben has what I call, Barry Sanderitis. The fallacy that Barry would have ran for 3000 yards behind the Dallas line of the 90's is just that, a myth. Barry behind a great line or a horrible line played the way he played and it wouldn't matter one bit. He would still hesitate, change direction no matter what, it is what he does. Same thing with Ben. It will not matter if he gets 8 secs to throw the ball, he will still roll out and gunsling it. It's what he does. However, the saving grace on finally having a good line will be the running game being effective. The 97-98 Denver offense is my dream for this team. But Big Ben would have to buy into it. If Haley can get that kind of offense out of big ben and Redman/Mendenhall can be that consistent running back all year, Steelers could win at least another super bowl the next 3 years.

Also, some of you say you think Ben will play until his 13th year? I want you to follow Steve McNair's career for me. See how long he lasted. Big Ben's game is virtually identical to Steve's in terms of playing style and injury history. Steve had one last hurray with the Ravens in 2006, and that was his 10 year as a starter, and he was done.

StainlessStill
08-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Also, some of you say you think Ben will play until his 13th year? I want you to follow Steve McNair's career for me. See how long he lasted. Big Ben's game is virtually identical to Steve's in terms of playing style and injury history. Steve had one last hurray with the Ravens in 2006, and that was his 10 year as a starter, and he was done.

McNair was 34 years old when he retired. 2014 would be Ben's 10th season, which you're indicating his life span as a QB, but Ben would be 2 solid more years younger than McNair at 32. Plus, believe it or not, as much as McNair beat you in the air, he was STILL your prototypical running QB that ran like a FB in size. He took way more monstrous hits than Ben ever did. Ben just has freakish injuries that eventually heal. He's not taking those forceful, bone crunching hits that include bodily momentum.

Not worried about Ben. The dude wants to be the best, period. He'll go as long as he can, no doubt.

1/28/01
08-05-2012, 08:05 AM
This dude loves talking about his injuries and making sure all of the media does too.

Its funny how most QBs you wont even know theyre injured until the end of the season, if at all.

Millers the sh!t
08-05-2012, 08:37 AM

Funny, when I mentioned that Ben would be done in 2-3 years there was a lynch mob outside my front door saying he still has 6 years or MORE of high quality play. Seems people are starting to see it my way now....

Atlanta Dan
08-05-2012, 09:26 AM
“He’s fine, somebody stepped on his foot,” Tomlin said. “I know you guys love the Ben updates.”:chuckle:

http://triblive.com/sports/2313136-85/tackle-season-ankle-gilbert-tomlin-adams-mendenhall-mike-rookie-steelers

steelfury02
08-05-2012, 09:37 AM
all I don't want to see is Ben being set up to fail miserably because his HC/OC placate his wishes ala the San Francisco game

If there is anything close to that injury - sit his butt out for appropriate amount of time. It is not worth the long haul.

This squad is capable of winning a few games without Ben, as proven during his suspension - I know he isn't going to change, but let's not pretend that he will automatically play even better with an injury - which, myself included, were believing leading into that SF game last season. He is one tough SOB - but I hope if/when the time comes - he can learn to sit one out, especially as he ages . . .

BGSU A Dub
08-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I am torn on the idea of Ben not knowing what to do with a good line. If you watch his best passes, I'd say it's about half and half on if his is in the pocket with set feet or if he is on the run. I think it's just the style of his play and I'm sure it will take a few years off his career but I think he probably has about 5 more left.

Bayz101
08-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I am torn on the idea of Ben not knowing what to do with a good line. If you watch his best passes, I'd say it's about half and half on if his is in the pocket with set feet or if he is on the run. I think it's just the style of his play and I'm sure it will take a few years off his career but I think he probably has about 5 more left.

I watched him in the Pro-Bowl with absolutely no pressure. He'll be fine.

tanda10506
08-05-2012, 03:00 PM

I'll try to find a link, I believe it was NFL Live or Total Access did a thing on Ben and the new OC/OL. Nearly 90% of Ben's passes have came from the pocket! He leaves the pocket due to it collapsing, not just because. Ben will know exactly what to do, he played behind a pretty good O line his first couple of years, and since then we have had games where the O line played well and he's tore the other team up.

Millers the sh!t
08-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I watched him in the Pro-Bowl with absolutely no pressure. He'll be fine.

Ha ha ha ha........ Besides using the prowbowl for an example, Im starting to agree with this theory. I think he may be alright.. hell probably join a biker gang in the off-season to compensate for the lack of excitement from having decent protection all season though.

Bayz101
08-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I'll try to find a link, I believe it was NFL Live or Total Access did a thing on Ben and the new OC/OL. Nearly 90% of Ben's passes have came from the pocket! He leaves the pocket due to it collapsing, not just because. Ben will know exactly what to do, he played behind a pretty good O line his first couple of years, and since then we have had games where the O line played well and he's tore the other team up.

I think it was Total Access. I remember it.

BGSU A Dub
08-05-2012, 07:53 PM
That was then, this is now. We can only hope that he is as productive.

Blitzburghfan
08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
he just wanted a few reps off......

on a serious note, everyone gets "dings" in camp, if this were the regular season I'd worry a little, but then they'd just get a bigger shoe and tape the crap out of it and put him out there. I personally believe Ben is just hitting his prime and with this line, if they are as good as I'm hoping they are/can be I could see him playing at least 7-8 years, maybe more. But as we all know it takes a little luck to win it all...here's hoping luck is on our side

fastscirocco
08-05-2012, 08:27 PM
If Ben goes down we can always bring back Bubby Brister or Chuck Long!

OX1947
08-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe Ben should wear a fanny pack and just lounge around so in case he has to run away from a bee trying to sting him, he is more aware of it while he is doing nothing.

ricardisimo
08-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Ummm... Troy's in his 10th year now. So if he plays another 2 or 3 years he will be a 12- or 13-year veteran, right? Or am I missing something? :noidea:

fastscirocco
08-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Ummm... Troy's in his 10th year now. So if he plays another 2 or 3 years he will be a 12- or 13-year veteran, right? Or am I missing something? :noidea:

Maybe he's using the "new math"? :hatsoff:

OX1947
08-05-2012, 09:33 PM

You're missing something. Read it again and again until you can figure it out. If you have problems still, then let me know and I will explain it for you.

Bayz101
08-05-2012, 10:10 PM
You're missing something. Read it again and again until you can figure it out. If you have problems still, then let me know and I will explain it for you.

95SYdjRVCR0

Fire Arians
08-05-2012, 10:19 PM
If Ben goes down we can always bring back Bubby Brister or Chuck Long!

and we can bring back louis lipps to replace mike wallace

steelfury02
08-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd rather have Bobby Shaw myself.

FrancoLambert
08-07-2012, 04:31 PM
I think Ben should practice with the boot on (maybe on both feet).

ricardisimo
08-08-2012, 02:24 AM
I have made peace with myself that Big Ben and Troy aren't going to be 12-13 year vets in this league.

OK. Got it.

I think Troy and Ben have 3 years tops left.

Right.

Troy Polamalu: 10-year veteran.

Hmmm... You're right. I'm just not smart enough for this.
:noidea:

Bayz101
08-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Hmm. Used coding for that last one, Ric? You been drinking? :sofunny:

OX1947
08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
OK. Got it.

Right.

Troy Polamalu: 10-year veteran.

Hmmm... You're right. I'm just not smart enough for this.
:noidea:

13 year career and 13 year vet. You get it now? I do not see them being 13 year vets playing in the league, they will be retired is what I meant.

Steelersfan87
08-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Nice backpedal, can you play corner?

Bayz101
08-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Nice backpedal, can you play corner?

:sofunny:

ricardisimo
08-08-2012, 03:13 PM
13 year career and 13 year vet. You get it now? I do not see them being 13 year vets playing in the league, they will be retired is what I meant.
Like I said, I'm just not smart enough.

It sounds to me like Troy is contemplating retirement anyways, maybe as soon as next year. I think the wife is having talks with him about the concussions.

BGSU A Dub
08-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Like I said, I'm just not smart enough.

It sounds to me like Troy is contemplating retirement anyways, maybe as soon as next year. I think the wife is having talks with him about the concussions.

She can talk all she wants, it only matters if he remembers them :chuckle: