PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Brown- When the team plane lands in Pittsburgh...

tony hipchest
08-10-2012, 01:50 AM
... it will be the third touchdown he has allowed on the night.

:noidea: just sayin...

Bayz101
08-10-2012, 01:53 AM
:sofunny:

Go to hell!

tony hipchest
08-10-2012, 02:02 AM
:chuckle:

he better shake this shit off. there are starting (and nickel) positions up for grabs.

i saw enough of that shit in our final game last season. what is he gonna do in the first game of this season if he's lined up against a certain #88 in denver... whats his name? demarius thomas?

Galax Steeler
08-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Brown was not good at all last night. I sure as hell hope he improves alot before our next game.

pete74
08-10-2012, 05:23 AM
he played a horrible game. i would rather have Gay in there then him. hopefully he improves ALOT in 3 weeks

steelfury02
08-10-2012, 09:05 AM
que drums,

At least our D didn't look like the Ravens 1st teamers. It is only preseason game 1 - but there is a noticeable drop off in pressure without Suggs. Ray Lewis got pushed around quite a bit. Was he making some business decision? Probably. But word is Harbaugh is not very happy with either side of the ball.

EDIT: Watched them as well, I heard this on NFL Network, and local channels. Here's a link: http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/8/10/3232620/starters-look-bad-backups-save-game

MeanGee2047
08-10-2012, 11:33 AM
If Brown is the best we have at the position its going to be a long season for him.....

GoFor7
08-10-2012, 11:36 AM
que drums,

At least our D didn't look like the Ravens 1st teamers. It is only preseason game 1 - but there is a noticeable drop off in pressure without Suggs. Ray Lewis got pushed around quite a bit. Was he making some business decision? Probably. But word is Harbaugh is not very happy with either side of the ball.

EDIT: Watched them as well, I heard this on NFL Network, and local channels. Here's a link: http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2012/8/10/3232620/starters-look-bad-backups-save-game

They had to leave Flacco out there longer than they wanted to because it took their offense so long to get going.

Yep, that Flacco is gonna win shootouts for them. 40 points a game!!!!!

Buddha Bus
08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Ray Lewis got pushed around quite a bit. Was he making some business decision? Probably.

Stabbit Ray lost something like 30 lbs, in the off-season to make himself faster in coverage. He didn't want to come off the field on third down passing situations. Meanwhile, he's possibly hurt the defense's 1st and 2nd down run stopping ability by being lighter. We may be seeing the last of ol' Ray Ray this year. I'm hoping our o-line and TEs get to slap him around a bunch this year.

steelfury02
08-10-2012, 11:43 AM
absotootley - He got light just in time for us to feature a full stable of RBs! I'm not downplaying Ravens at all, but there will be a noticeable difference in their ferocity

Curtain_of_Steel
08-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Jerrod johnson should carry his bags for him, this way they both head in the same direction and out the one way door.

tony hipchest
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Jerrod johnson should carry his bags for him, this way they both head in the same direction and out the one way door.

so you wanna shitcan curtis brown because of one bad pre-season game?

Curtain_of_Steel
08-10-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry Tony, he played well "enough" against the 3rd-4th team of the Eagles against WR's who even the people sitting behind me said, who the hell are those WR's. This is a tryout. If you had to make cuts based on that game, he is gone.
as a 3rd rd pick of last year, if he is legit, he shouldn't have a game like that against people who will be cut shortly from the Eagles.

Fire Arians
08-10-2012, 01:48 PM
brown's a lot better in the nickel than he is outside

Steelersfan87
08-10-2012, 03:42 PM
For those saying that Curtis Brown had a completely horrible game: obviously you did not watch the first half. He made several nice plays against better competition. Shit happens and he'll get over it. Don't get caught up in one half of a game.

Bayz101
08-10-2012, 03:52 PM
For those saying that Curtis Brown had a completely horrible game: obviously you did not watch the first half. He made several nice plays against better competition. Shit happens and he'll get over it. Don't get caught up in one half of a game.

And a PRESEASON game at that...

TheDude
08-10-2012, 04:07 PM
que drums,

Balt's first string D looked horrible. Very vulnerable vs the run....kruger and the kid from alabama are not even close to suggs and johnson.

I know its early...only the preseason...yadda yadda....but they were not impressive

Bayz101
08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Balt's first string D looked horrible. Very vulnerable vs the run....kruger and the kid from alabama are not even close to suggs and johnson.

I know its early...only the preseason...yadda yadda....but they were not impressive

Ours, on the other hand, shut the Eagles down. Looking good.

teegre
08-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Exactly. I remember Rod Woodson having a bad game or two... albeit, every blue moon.

wera176
08-12-2012, 07:42 PM
From what I think I saw, the mistakes he made were all coaching opportunities. I'll get worried when he keeps making those mistakes. We saw Troy let an easier TD pass to defend go uncontested against Cincy last year, it happens... Hopefully he gets his learning done before the games count!