PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Care

SteelShooter
07-28-2006, 01:17 AM
I Don't Care

The lady who wrote this letter is Pam Foster of Pamela Foster and Associates in Atlanta. She's been in business since 1980 doing Interior design and home planning. She recently wrote the following Letter to a family member serving in Iraq ..... Check it out!

WHAT'S ALL OF THE FUSS?

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not Started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally Murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from Our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ? Did nearly three Thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing Death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" When an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents For incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start Caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime In Saudi Arabia

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for Hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his Gurgling, slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out And fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by Hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in Search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range Of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law Instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave Marine Roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who Have been humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, Rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is Told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can Take it to the bank that I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a Prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax Dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," You can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and ---- you got it, I DON'T CARE!

If you agree with this view point, pass this on to all your e-mail Friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the Delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't Complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims Happen here in our great country.

"If you can read this, Thank a teacher!

If you are reading it in the USA & in English, Thank a USA Veteran."

Livinginthe past
07-28-2006, 05:51 AM
Sorry, thats rabid nonsense.

Sounds great at a pep rally im sure.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-28-2006, 12:15 PM
I Don't Care

The lady who wrote this letter is Pam Foster of Pamela Foster and Associates in Atlanta. She's been in business since 1980 doing Interior design and home planning. She recently wrote the following Letter to a family member serving in Iraq ..... Check it out!

WHAT'S ALL OF THE FUSS?

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not Started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally Murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from Our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ? Did nearly three Thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing Death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" When an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents For incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start Caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime In Saudi Arabia

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for Hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his Gurgling, slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out And fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by Hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in Search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range Of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law Instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave Marine Roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who Have been humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, Rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is Told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can Take it to the bank that I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a Prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax Dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," You can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and ---- you got it, I DON'T CARE!

If you agree with this view point, pass this on to all your e-mail Friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the Delete button. Should you choose the latter, then please don't Complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims Happen here in our great country.

Steelshooter..I appreciate all that you are doing in regards to serving our country and upholding those things in this world which are Right and Honorable.
There are too many psuedo-intellectuals in this world who will try and draw attention to themselves by playing devils advocate and siding with the "percieved" minority. It is much more Noble to stand for what is right regardless of what is political expediant.
As a Vet I can tell you that I fought to uphold Good vs Bad..Conviction vs Evil...I was raised that 1) A person has the right to defend themselves..and ,if needed, by using enough "force" to deter future aggression 2) You are judged by your actions ...A thief will steal...a liar will lie......and if the actions of any group are "evil" in their intent (purposefully targeting non-combatants..instead of soldiers) then the group is EVIL.
Steelshooter...keep thinking of YOUR intent...Freedom for others?...Destruction of those who would seek to take away basic rights from others? IRREGARDLESS of what anyone will ignorantly spout about the reasons for our being involved in this war. YOU are one of the good guys and CAN always fall back on the TRUTH of your convictions.
Those who are blinded to truth and lacking any true form of conviction will always fall back on the abstract, arbitrary "safeness" of so-called tolerance and political fairness.

Maidenarcher
07-28-2006, 11:14 PM
LLT,

I love what you said, "It is much more Noble to stand for what is right regardless of what is political expediant."

Steel, I know you and also LLT have or are serving this country and it makes me proud to see people stand up for me as a civilian...Just because of that, I give you my prayers and some reps too...And that is no where near enough......But it's all I got to offer...LOL

3 to be 4
07-28-2006, 11:19 PM
the war isnt against terror. the enemy shouldnt be the "terrorists". we lose if we fight it that way. the war should be as it was originally defined by Bush when he had some briains there for a minute, against any NATION that harbored terrorists. And it should be against Islam, a religion, that at its core, is about the destruction of Jews and Christians, or another words, Israel and the United States. There will never be Democracy in Iraq.
Muslims HATE us and always will. Our people will die for nothing. So im against this war because its a futile effort. Id rather see us turn Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq into a Giant Ash tray than to lose one more American Soldier over it. While weve wasted our time and people, Iran and N.Korea have gotten stronger. But soon it will be forgotten. When Hezbollah uses Chemical warfare on Israel and Israel blows Demascus off the face of the earth people will paying more attention to Isaiah 17 than to anything else.

tony hipchest
07-28-2006, 11:30 PM
ultimately this war (or upcoming wars) will come down to the jews and christians against muslims. unfortunately america is way to politically correct to take such a stance (or admit it is doing so)

regardless, america is on the right side of this ancient conflict.

it has all been prophesized.

3 to be 4
07-29-2006, 12:01 AM
ultimately this war (or upcoming wars) will come down to the jews and christians against muslims. unfortunately america is way to politically correct to take such a stance (or admit it is doing so)

regardless, america is on the right side of this ancient conflict.

it has all been prophesized.

most people think in the most simplistic, black and white terms. the liberals are out to lunch protecting the rights of Muslims. the conservatives are out to lunch thinking the way weve fought this war is somehow not lunacy. both sides are hopeless.
When you say Jews and Christians vs Muslims it can even be broken down further than that.
Why do so many people and Nations hate Israel, a land the size of New Jersey?
Why does a place the size of New Jersey always prevail and always will?
Its no less than God vs Satan. And the victory has already been won.
Iran, Russia, the EU, China...the prophesized players are all in place.
America isnt mentioned in this foretold conflict. For one thing, the US isnt "Gods country" as some would have you believe, Israel is. Second, it'll be pretty hard for America not to get enveloped when the Church is removed. And by church, i dont refer to casual Religious folk. No, the churches will still be filled the following sunday. Im talking about the believers. They will all be gone, the children too.
Yes, this is a time people must choose.
Not if they are liberal or conservative.
Jewish, Christian, or Muslim
Its not about Religion or politics. Its time for people to choose God through acceptance of His son, Jesus Christ, or choose the enemy.

But 3 to be 4, you are a nutcase. You post crazy, innapropriate stuff on here all the time.

thats right. I am a nut. And a sinner. All people are, Christians especially.

But that is a reflection on me, not on Him. He knows me and forgives me for I have accepted what He did on the Cross. Imagine one man fulfilling 300 prophesies. Who was that man that was written about in Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53?
Take a look at this video to get an idea of the Love im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy6AJ6vVVgM&search=grace%20like%20rain

Maidenarcher
07-29-2006, 12:39 AM
most people think in the most simplistic, black and white terms. the liberals are out to lunch protecting the rights of Muslims. the conservatives are out to lunch thinking the way weve fought this war is somehow not lunacy. both sides are hopeless.
When you say Jews and Christians vs Muslims it can even be broken down further than that.
Why do so many people and Nations hate Israel, a land the size of New Jersey?
Why does a place the size of New Jersey always prevail and always will?
Its no less than God vs Satan. And the victory has already been won.
Iran, Russia, the EU, China...the prophesized players are all in place.
America isnt mentioned in this foretold conflict. For one thing, the US isnt "Gods country" as some would have you believe, Israel is. Second, it'll be pretty hard for America not to get enveloped when the Church is removed. And by church, i dont refer to casual Religious folk. No, the churches will still be filled the following sunday. Im talking about the believers. They will all be gone, the children too.
Yes, this is a time people must choose.
Not if they are liberal or conservative.
Jewish, Christian, or Muslim
Its not about Religion or politics. Its time for people to choose God through acceptance of His son, Jesus Christ, or choose the enemy.

But 3 to be 4, you are a nutcase. You post crazy, innapropriate stuff on here all the time.

thats right. I am a nut. And a sinner. All people are, Christians especially.

But that is a reflection on me, not on Him. He knows me and forgives me for I have accepted what He did on the Cross. Imagine one man fulfilling 300 prophesies. Who was that man that was written about in Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53?
Take a look at this video to get an idea of the Love im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy6AJ6vVVgM&search=grace%20like%20rain

Wow!!!!
I am speechless and very impressed with you and Tony..Reps for both...

3 to be 4
07-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Im nobody to be impressed with. Its all about Him.

I use this Forum a lot as an outlet, I get very carried away sometimes, Ive always had quite a asense of humor that most of the time I think God likes. However, much of the stuff I do, im not very proud of myself afterwards and I take it straight to the Cross.
What im saying is, what i need to make clear to SF is that I know that a lot of what i do here is the worst part of myself and i apologize.
too much of the world looks at flawed people who happened to be "Christians" and base their decision on them.
My point is, dont ever look at what you see from people, look to Jesus Christ and follow His example of Love.

heres one more video that inspired me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEacEP4spG4&search=casting%20crowns%20

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-29-2006, 11:11 AM

I use this Forum a lot as an outlet, I get very carried away sometimes, Ive always had quite a asense of humor that most of the time I think God likes. However, much of the stuff I do, im not very proud of myself afterwards and I take it straight to the Cross.
What im saying is, what i need to make clear to SF is that I know that a lot of what i do here is the worst part of myself and i apologize.
too much of the world looks at flawed people who happened to be "Christians" and base their decision on them.
My point is, dont ever look at what you see from people, look to Jesus Christ and follow His example of Love.

I for one am impressed that you fell confident enough to take a stand...You are an encouragment to me..thank you

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Steelshooter, that is the greatest f***in post I've read in a long time. That letter sums up my feelings very well.....The U.N. and the rest of the world is anti-Semitic and anit-American. It is proven with the U.N. condemnation of Israel for doing nothing more than defending iself. One of my greatest regrets in life is that I didn't serve my country. But, what I've learned about this country.....to be an American......is that sometimes we must fight to defend those who can not defend themselves. And if we lose American lives in the process....then I think that spells volumes about this country. People forget that the right thing to do isn't always the easiest. The only way I can serve my country now is to support our troops and our Commander-in Chief. As far as the torturing of prisoners, the humiliating pictures taken......Who f***in' cares!!! And f*** the Geneva Conventions....They aren't abidding by them, why should we?

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2006, 11:37 AM
On a lighter note, I am very confident Lambert would feel the same......

3 to be 4
07-29-2006, 11:37 AM
I for one am impressed that you fell confident enough to take a stand...You are an encouragment to me..thank you

thank the Lord. Ive been allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell in my heart the past week or so in a more conscience way. Ive been asking. And its changing me

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Steelshooter, that is the greatest f***in post I've read in a long time. That letter sums up my feelings very well.....The U.N. and the rest of the world is anti-Semitic and anit-American. It is proven with the U.N. condemnation of Israel for doing nothing more than defending iself. One of my greatest regrets in life is that I didn't serve my country. But, what I've learned about this country.....to be an American......is that sometimes we must fight to defend those who can not defend themselves. And if we lose American lives in the process....then I think that spells volumes about this country. People forget that the right thing to do isn't always the easiest. The only way I can serve my country now is to support our troops and our Commander-in Chief. As far as the torturing of prisoners, the humiliating pictures taken......Who f***in' cares!!! And f*** the Geneva Conventions....They aren't abidding by them, why should we?

Isreal is more than able to defend themselves.

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your take Jeremy...."Israel" can take care of themselves. But, I was talking in a historical sense.....And if Iran & Syria get more involved, they may need more help from us.....

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Than I am sure you'll be one of the first people volunteering to pick up a weapon and defend those poor innocent Isrealis.

Isreal is no friend of the United States. The have an active spy network in this country, they have stolen nuclear material from us, and they have spread around as much money as anyone trying to buy influence in Congress. If you're looking for someone to take a stand with, you can find better people than the Isrealis.

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Can anyone say anti-Semite?

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Than I am sure you'll be one of the first people volunteering to pick up a weapon and defend those poor innocent Isrealis.

Isreal is no friend of the United States. The have an active spy network in this country, they have stolen nuclear material from us, and they have spread around as much money as anyone trying to buy influence in Congress. If you're looking for someone to take a stand with, you can find better people than the Isrealis.

Sure Jeremy...if I had to pick sides...I would pick Islamic extremists...all they do is fly planes into buildings, killing innocent non-combatants. I just wish the Jews would be that kind instead of committing atrocities like "buying influence in congress". :dang:

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2006, 12:18 PM

First of all, where are getting your pseudo-facts from? The Middle East? After all, according to Ahmadinejad, the Holocaust never happened....Do you agree with that? Do you think Israel has a right to exist? I truly believe if there was any proof of your allegations, the US support of Israel may be different.

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Isreal Spying on the US (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/598528/posts)

Isreal Spying on the US again (http://www.rense.com/general60/usaccu.htm)

And again (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article10540.htm)

Does Isreal have a right to exist? Are you serious? Do you want to have a serious dicsussion or do you just want people to chest thump with you?

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Why don't you answer the question? Do you think they should exist? Did the Holocaust occur? Is Hezbolah and Hamas terror organizations?

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Is Hezbolah and Hamas terror organizations?

Yes they are.

Do you think they should exist?

If they are able to defent themselves.

Did the Holocaust occur?

Yes.

But what does any of this have to do with the United State becoming involved with Isreal's war?

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-29-2006, 01:26 PM
[
But what does any of this have to do with the United State becoming involved with Isreal's war?

:banging:

Excuse me why I poke my eyeball out with a rusty spoon......

Maidenarcher
07-29-2006, 01:27 PM

I see that many of you make great comments about God and then curse and raise hell, but I am impressed because you admit the things you do may not be right and you recognize it is all about HIM....And in this post you made that a valid point...Nobody is perfect, but as long as you keep striving for better that's all you can do....

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 01:40 PM
:banging:

Excuse me why I poke my eyeball out with a rusty spoon......

Let me quote a great American to make my final point in all this mess.

"My ardent desire is, and my aim has been, to comply strictly with all our engagements, foreign and domestic; but to keep the United States free from political connections with every other country, to see them independent of all and under the influence of none."

George Washington

3 to be 4
07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
yeah, thats realistic.

im due back on planet earth now.

Mosca
07-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, you can't argue with that, can you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Let me quote a great American to make my final point in all this mess.

"My ardent desire is, and my aim has been, to comply strictly with all our engagements, foreign and domestic; but to keep the United States free from political connections with every other country, to see them independent of all and under the influence of none."

George Washington

Okay...The point is..Most people realize Israel spies on us...as does everyone of our allies and enemies..just as we do against our allies and enemies... Who is naive enough to believe otherwise? The real question is to what extent..for what reason..and how big of an issue is made about it.

When this type of political cloak and dagger is compared to terrorist tactics and outright murder and aggression against American people on American soil...it would take an incredibly liberal stance to say that we do not have a vested interest in stopping Islamic Fundamentalsim/Terrorism and should not be siding with allies in eliminating terrorist cells wherever the crop up.

Are you correct in saying that we should keep our country free from the outright external influences of other countries..Of course, but noone is arguing with you on that point...HOWEVER..Jewish influence is NOT always external..we have a large contigency of Jewish-American citizens here in the United States who have as much of a right to voice opinion and influence Congress as any other Minority. I keep looking back for your posts on Hispanic immigration and how the Mexicans are influencing Congress.

3 to be 4
07-29-2006, 02:09 PM
this isnt the time to be on the sidelines all cozy and lukewarm. If you are not supporting Israel you are aiding Islam to destroy Israel. You either believe the word of God or you do not.
this is not about building democracies, and its not about being all comfy and safe here, because neither is possible.
There is a great victory to be a part of, and the great news its already been won.

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 02:22 PM
How is Islam any more or less evil than Judaism or Christianity?

From the tone of your posts can I assume that you have volunteered to go to Isreal and fight alongside the IDF 3 of 4?

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-29-2006, 02:39 PM
How is Islam any more or less evil than Judaism or Christianity?

From the tone of your posts can I assume that you have volunteered to go to Isreal and fight alongside the IDF 3 of 4?

:banging: ARRRRRRRGGGGGGG

THATS IT!!!!! :willy:

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 02:45 PM
It was kind of a joke Lambert's. It just looked like this thread was kind of intense and needed some (hopefully) obvious comic relief.

Sorry if I offended.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-29-2006, 03:21 PM
It was kind of a joke Lambert's. It just looked like this thread was kind of intense and needed some (hopefully) obvious comic relief.

Sorry if I offended.

actually now I am very relieved and have restored my samity..thank you!!!

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 03:35 PM
No problem. I've found that far too many people take the internet far too seriously. I try not to post so much on the boards I belong to and I try to being some levity to them as well. I have no opinion about Isreal and the Middle East. I supposse as an active duty servicemember I've just learned to pick and choose my battles better.

MasterOfPuppets
07-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Sorry, thats rabid nonsense.

Sounds great at a pep rally im sure.

NM
are you sure your not french???

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2006, 04:53 PM

TY MOP....If these traders hate it here so much....why don't they leave. :dang:

MasterOfPuppets
07-29-2006, 05:05 PM
TY MOP....If these traders hate it here so much....why don't they leave. :dang:
he's english.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-30-2006, 08:01 AM
No problem. I've found that far too many people take the internet far too seriously. I try not to post so much on the boards I belong to and I try to being some levity to them as well. I have no opinion about Isreal and the Middle East. I supposse as an active duty servicemember I've just learned to pick and choose my battles better.

Former Army MP myself....Desert Storm Vet...Rep points coming your way for serving our country!

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 03:36 PM

Yes, quite sure.

NM

floodcitygirl
07-31-2006, 12:07 AM
I Don't Care

WHAT'S ALL OF THE FUSS?

If you are reading it in the USA & in English, Thank a USA Veteran."Thanks for sharing this, Steelshooter. It pretty much sums up how I feel, as well as many others I know. I'll be passing it on for sure. Hey...anybody for a pep rally???!!! (lol)

SteelerzGirl
07-31-2006, 10:12 AM
I Don't Care

WHAT'S ALL OF THE FUSS?

Sorry, Shooter, but this isn't the way I feel. Although I have very much respect for our military servicemen/women and all they have done and continue to do for our great nation, people who don't care, well, just aren't very nice people deep down inside, now are they? :smile:

floodcitygirl
07-31-2006, 11:06 AM
I guess it all depends on what it is that you do care about the most. :smile:

SteelerzGirl
07-31-2006, 11:15 AM
What matters is that people should care regardless of race, sex, religion, ethnic origin, etc. That's what matters most. Otherwise, they're just hypocrites, and two wrongs don't make a right.

Jeremy
07-31-2006, 11:23 AM
What matters is that people should care regardless of race, sex, religion, ethnic origin, etc. That's what matters most. Otherwise, they're just hypocrites, and two wrongs don't make a right.

Very good post.

floodcitygirl
07-31-2006, 12:24 PM
The jist that I got from her letter is that she is probably a very caring and compassionate person as I think history has proven that the majority of people in this country are. I don't believe that she wants to see anyone discriminated against for pleasure purposes. The frustration that I sense in her letter and feel myself is that while our citizens, and more importantly, our soldiers, are being held to traditional standards that would normally apply in a war, the terrorists that we're up against apply no such code and have no standard other than our destruction. They have no country that they are loyal to that would help to moderate their actions.
Most rational people, and I'll include myself there :smile: , don't condone prisoner or civilian abuse, however, when the rights of those people are valued higher than the security of our nation and soldiers whose job it is to protect us as well as helping to secure the freedom of people who desparately want it, then IMO it's time to re-evaluate. Interrogation techniques of various kinds have ALWAYS been used by EVERY country. Abuses occur and that's a shame. I'll still put my confidence in the majority of our military leadership who want to do only what's necessary to accomplish the mission.

SteelerzGirl
07-31-2006, 12:32 PM
That's not what I got from it. She did entitle it, "I Don't Care." Usually, that means someone doesn't care. :dang: It's very clear she doesn't.

j-dawg
07-31-2006, 01:41 PM
i have faith, and i do not wish to propel any animosity towards the opinions of the other fine people on this board. i understand and respect them. i can only hope that they understand and respect where i'm coming from.

John 15:9-12
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

jesus, in my opinion, wanted us to love one another.... there is evil in this world, but that doesn't mean all muslims hate christians. just as all christians don't hate muslims. turning to hatred only makes matters worse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060730/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_israel_597

Mosca
07-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Abuses occur and that's a shame.

A SHAME? Abuses are an outrage.

I'll refrain from taking part further.

Tom

Jeremy
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM
The jist that I got from her letter is that she is probably a very caring and compassionate person as I think history has proven that the majority of people in this country are. I don't believe that she wants to see anyone discriminated against for pleasure purposes. The frustration that I sense in her letter and feel myself is that while our citizens, and more importantly, our soldiers, are being held to traditional standards that would normally apply in a war, the terrorists that we're up against apply no such code and have no standard other than our destruction. They have no country that they are loyal to that would help to moderate their actions.
Most rational people, and I'll include myself there :smile: , don't condone prisoner or civilian abuse, however, when the rights of those people are valued higher than the security of our nation and soldiers whose job it is to protect us as well as helping to secure the freedom of people who desparately want it, then IMO it's time to re-evaluate. Interrogation techniques of various kinds have ALWAYS been used by EVERY country. Abuses occur and that's a shame. I'll still put my confidence in the majority of our military leadership who want to do only what's necessary to accomplish the mission.

The standards I'm held to as a member of the United States military are what seperate me from the terrorists.

floodcitygirl
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
i have faith, and i do not wish to propel any animosity towards the opinions of the other fine people on this board. i understand and respect them. i can only hope that they understand and respect where i'm coming from.

John 15:9-12
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

jesus, in my opinion, wanted us to love one another.... there is evil in this world, but that doesn't mean all muslims hate christians. just as all christians don't hate muslims. turning to hatred only makes matters worse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060730/ap_on_re_mi_ea/lebanon_israel_597I appreciate your approach on this post. If I didn't make it clear, I'm not referring to Muslims in my post...only terrorists, whoever they may be. In my mind it has nothing to do with hate...just preservation.

floodcitygirl
07-31-2006, 02:24 PM

TomYes...shame....meaning wrong, improper, disgrace, dishonor....shame....sounds outrageous to me. :hunch: Sorry for the double post...it didn't show the first time?????

floodcitygirl
07-31-2006, 02:35 PM

TomYes...shame...as in wrong, improper,disgrace, dishonor, pity...also could be called an outrage. ???

floodcitygirl
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
The standards I'm held to as a member of the United States military are what seperate me from the terrorists.Yes...and thank you for your service.

Hammer67
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Shame on all of you!! Check out www.snopes.com whenever you get some random email like this to check it's validity. :busted:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/foster.asp

tony hipchest
07-31-2006, 10:10 PM
who cares?

:sofunny:

Livinginthe past
08-01-2006, 01:58 AM
I didnt need to check snopes to realise that its just another variation on an email from Mr/Mrs Outraged from Australia/England/USA *delete as applicable.

These 'letters' are just a device to polarise peoples opinions into one camp or the other - taking advantage of moments of high emotion.

I expect we have all seen the 'why wont the damn immigrants sing our national anthem?' email a gazillion times.

NM

Hammer67
08-01-2006, 07:50 AM
I didnt need to check snopes to realise that its just another variation on an email from Mr/Mrs Outraged from Australia/England/USA *delete as applicable.

I know...we are all aware of your hightened sense of enlightenment! :sofunny: :boxing:

DiggetyDank
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Wow, I would have never thought that a Pats fan would be making the only sense in the entire thread. I guess that comes from living in that godless bastion of liberalism and sodomy know as New England, eh?

3 to be 4
08-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Wow, I would have never thought that a Pats fan would be making the only sense in the entire thread. I guess that comes from living in that godless bastion of liberalism and sodomy know as New England, eh?

Excuse me, but isnt Pennsylvania the state that actually has a Hershey Highway?

j-dawg
08-01-2006, 09:28 PM

HburgXL06
08-01-2006, 09:35 PM

Yea it does. I drive around in that area on a regular basis since I work in Hershey. ....And I'm bein serious, no gay insinuation present.

BuFu

Edit: By the way 3 to be 4, I tried to give you rep for the posts you made earlier in this thread (not the one I quoted here) but at the time the site kept not loadin for me so I don't know if you got it. Let me know if you did. Peace.

SteelShooter
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Sorry, Shooter, but this isn't the way I feel. Although I have very much respect for our military servicemen/women and all they have done and continue to do for our great nation, people who don't care, well, just aren't very nice people deep down inside, now are they? :smile:

To all, this IS NOT my view.

It is merely a blowoff of steam, which I truly needed on the particular evening it was actually posted.

Those of us that are Warriors view the atrocities as just that...atrocities. In Iraq and elsewhere, we view the few cases of rape or murder, or even the sickening acts committed within the confines of Abu Graib as the acts of a coward.....absolutely nothing more.

Apologies if anyone believed that I actually took that stance.

SteelerzGirl
08-01-2006, 10:00 PM

It is merely a blowoff of steam, which I truly needed on the particular evening it was actually posted.

Those of us that are Warriors view the atrocities as just that...atrocities. In Iraq and elsewhere, we view the few cases of rape or murder, or even the sickening acts committed within the confines of Abu Graib as the acts of a coward.....absolutely nothing more.

I know you didn't take that stance, Shooter, because I know you. Please don't worry. It's all good. Thank you for your service to our great country. You know you're one of my favorite heroes. :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-04-2006, 10:25 AM

I dont believe that anyone actually believes that you take that stance brother...As I have stated in the past...incidents like these are the exception to the rule...our fighting men & women are (for the greater part) of the HIGHEST integrity... and I thank God for having people who put themselves in the line of fire so that I may think and say and do, without fear of reprisal.
It is too easy for those who have NEVER SERVED to criticize our armed forces ...but you know as well as I that we serve(d) to give people the right to an opinion..regardless of whether we agree with them or not.
Even though the original post may NOT be a true letter...there are still some things that ring true ...1) We still treat our prisoners better that they treat ours...WITHOUT A DOUBT!! 2) We fight to free....Al Quida fights to oppress. 3) We ALL have things that we dont care about...I dont care about the quality of life for convicted child molesters in prison...I dont care about some semi-intelligent actors opinion on politics...I dont care about womens professional basketball.
Not caring about things does not make one apathetic or evil...because what we dont care about is arbitrary.
That being said Steelshooter...I got your back...and understand you brother.

Mosca
08-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I dont care about womens professional basketball.

Just so you know, people really do read it to the end.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
08-04-2006, 11:06 AM
WHAT'S ALL OF THE FUSS?

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not Started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001? - Yes.

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally Murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from Our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ? Did nearly three Thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing Death that day, or didn't they? - Yes.

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" When an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't care at all. - Neither do I.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents For incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11. - I won't.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start Caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime In Saudi Arabia. - I won't.

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for Hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his Gurgling, slashed throat. - Too late, we fried him.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out And fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by Hiding in mosques. - Good luck

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in Search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range Of their suicide bombs.- Good luck.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law Instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.- Good luck.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave Marine Roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care. - Don't agree. There are other ways of getting information out these animals. Causing physical pain is not the way to go. Not good for our soldiers on the ground nor US opinion. Plus, it's just not right.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who Have been humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, Rest assured that I don't care. - I don't agree with those actions. Reasons stated in the reply dealing with "roughing up" a terrorist.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is Told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can Take it to the bank that I don't care. - Neither do I.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a Prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax Dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," You can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care. - Neither do I.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and ---- you got it, I DON'T CARE! - Neither do I.

If you agree with this view point, - The majority.

Volpe1564
08-04-2006, 11:52 AM
makes alot of sence to me :) i love it!!1

3 to be 4
08-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Yea it does. I drive around in that area on a regular basis since I work in Hershey. ....And I'm bein serious, no gay insinuation present.

BuFu

Edit: By the way 3 to be 4, I tried to give you rep for the posts you made earlier in this thread (not the one I quoted here) but at the time the site kept not loadin for me so I don't know if you got it. Let me know if you did. Peace.

dont know. how can you tell who gives it to you unless they sign it?

Livinginthe past
08-08-2006, 04:38 AM
dont know. how can you tell who gives it to you unless they sign it?

The only way is to donate some money and become a contributor - then you can see whoever gave you rep.

NM

Mosca
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Folks should donate, even if it's only $5 or $10. Where else can you snipe at folks in one thread and lift a glass with them in another? :smile:

It's easy, just go to the banner at the top and CLICK! We have Pats fans, Hawks fans, and Bengals fans who have contributed; let's support our own!

Tom

Livinginthe past
08-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Folks should donate, even if it's only $5 or $10. Where else can you snipe at folks in one thread and lift a glass with them in another? :smile:

It's easy, just go to the banner at the top and CLICK! We have Pats fans, Hawks fans, and Bengals fans who have contributed; let's support our own!

Tom

I second that.

Cheers Mosca :cheers: .............

........Ya pleb!

NM

3 to be 4
08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
we should tithe. 10% to the website!