PDA

View Full Version : OT: Never thought it was possible, but rooting harder for the 2012 season

StainlessStill
08-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm a Steelers diehard and FANATIC to the highest degree. I never thought it was possible to cheer on our men to victory but that time has come to step it up another notch.

I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years and in that 6 years, I've pimped, promised and preached to take her to a Steelers playoff game and that there is LITERALLY nothing like it. I've seen plenty of Steelers thrillers in the post-season.

I provided my girl with 2 Steelers games in her life ( she's 2-0.) Once in 2006 against the Bucs when our season was washed and again last year vs the lowly Jaguars early in the football season so she hasn't really got the feel for what football is all about when it comes to the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh when there's something to play for.

I've decided that my plan of proposal to her would be to kill two birds with one stone. Not only do I plan on taking her to her first Steelers playoff game (root hard and cross your fingers harder Steelers faithful!) but if that happens, the first touchdown we score in that game, I'm dropping on one knee and asking her to marry me.

So with that, I ask you Steelers Nation: CHEER and ROOT 10X as hard this year so that (possible) moment could be the most special moment of my life.

HERE WE GO!

jpa375
08-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I'll be rooting for you!!!

Bluedust
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm a Steelers diehard and FANATIC to the highest degree. I never thought it was possible to cheer on our men to victory but that time has come to step it up another notch.

I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years and in that 6 years, I've pimped, promised and preached to take her to a Steelers playoff game and that there is LITERALLY nothing like it. I've seen plenty of Steelers thrillers in the post-season.

I provided my girl with 2 Steelers games in her life ( she's 2-0.) Once in 2006 against the Bucs when our season was washed and again last year vs the lowly Jaguars early in the football season so she hasn't really got the feel for what football is all about when it comes to the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh when there's something to play for.

I've decided that my plan of proposal to her would be to kill two birds with one stone. Not only do I plan on taking her to her first Steelers playoff game (root hard and cross your fingers harder Steelers faithful!) but if that happens, the first touchdown we score in that game, I'm dropping on one knee and asking her to marry me.

So with that, I ask you Steelers Nation: CHEER and ROOT 10X as hard this year so that (possible) moment could be the most special moment of my life.

HERE WE GO!

Hopefully you won't get Tebow'd like we did last year!

fer522
08-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Will be cheering for you

EbonySteel86
08-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I wish my girl would do that for me. I'll be rooting for ya!

fastscirocco
08-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Sounds like a plan! I'm teaching my 6 yr old daughter about football and the Steelers, we'll cheer extra hard for you!

StainlessStill
08-12-2012, 03:09 PM
If the playoffs come down to one final possession, I may have to stick my face into something nerve-ending. I'm going all in in how I want to propose to her and a Steelers playoff game is all my fish in a barrel. If not, I'd have to come up with something else (BOOOO) but...

.. I got a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling..:tt04:

Note: fastcirocco, that's awesome! Good luck with that. I'm sure you'll do us proud.

My girlfriend just told me the other day how she actually stuck up for Ben at her work the other day and that I'm clearly rubbing off on her.

She said this dude was going off how he hates the Steelers and how big of a sissy Ben was. She lost it and told him "..you know, not only did Ben take us to 3 Super Bowls, he's very tough and plays very hard while taking a beating! He's actually one of the toughest in football! We just drafted offensive line for him. You'll see!"

I can just imagine seeing her saying this, which I was shocked. Also very funny at the same time since she's real small and petite sticking up for her Steelers. Priceless. She's ready.

Bayz101
08-12-2012, 03:58 PM
There's NOTHING like a playoff game in Pittsburgh. This is literally the coolest idea ever. I'll be rooting EXTRA hard come season time!

StainlessStill
08-12-2012, 04:40 PM
Hopefully you won't get Tebow'd like we did last year!

Thanks. Now I'll be having nightmares tonight:chuckle: