PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else as pumped as me?

Buzz05
07-28-2006, 07:19 AM
So is anyone else as pumped as I am that the run for "6 in '06" officially starts today? Or maybe is just because I am stuck down here in Ravens head quarters and Im tired of hearing how they are winning it all this year.

stlrtruck
07-28-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm with you! I'm ready for it all! This morning I put on my XL Championship Polo, dressed my daughter in her pink Steelers tank-top and matching shorts (with STEELERS across the butt), fed her breakfast in her Steelers Bowl with the Steelers spoon.

I use to be stuck in the raisins head quarters area. Having to hear about how great Ray Lewis is and the defense. It was either that or the deadskins. Anyway, if you're in Baltimore, then I would suggest a visit to the Purple Goose on Washington Ave (just minutes from the stadium). They've got a great Steelers Fan Club (Steelers Fan Club of Baltimore). You can check them out on the web too.

And now, I'm in scubs (bucs) head quarters and every year I hear the same ole crap, "You should cheer for the bucs, you live in Tampa, not Pittsburgh!" Yeah, whatever, let me show you what loyalty and Steelers nation is all about!

Buzz05
07-28-2006, 07:57 AM
I havnt been to the Purple Goose but I've been to the Loft in Whitemarsh area. It wasnt bad. It felt like a little piece of Pittsburgh down here. They had perogies and even Unkle Charles sausages. I even met a few people that grew up down here and are part of the nation. Pretty cool place to hang out. I was surprised there is a decent amount of fans down here. Either that or they are just too embarrassed to call the Ravens their team. I know I would be.

83-Steelers-43
07-28-2006, 08:00 AM
I've been pumped for the repeat since February 6, 2006.

MyCuz64Furness
07-28-2006, 08:21 AM
I always start chomping at the bit as soon as July comes around......this year its a lil worse with all the Ben stuff and other things :bouncy: :bouncy:

LambertIsGod58
07-28-2006, 08:22 AM
I always start chomping at the bit as soon as July comes around......this year its a lil worse with all the Ben stuff and other things :bouncy: :bouncy:

You related to Steve Furness?

HometownGal
07-28-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm with you 83- I haven't stopped being pumped since the game clock ticked down to zero in the Super Bowl! :bouncy: 2005 was such a magical season for our guys and I'm carrying that magic with me in my hip pocket going into the coming season. :smile:

MyCuz64Furness
07-28-2006, 08:29 AM
You related to Steve Furness?

He was my cousin......RIP :heart:

stlrtruck
07-28-2006, 09:18 AM
I havnt been to the Purple Goose but I've been to the Loft in Whitemarsh area. It wasnt bad. It felt like a little piece of Pittsburgh down here. They had perogies and even Unkle Charles sausages. I even met a few people that grew up down here and are part of the nation. Pretty cool place to hang out. I was surprised there is a decent amount of fans down here. Either that or they are just too embarrassed to call the Ravens their team. I know I would be.

I would say they are TRUE STEELERS FANS with a pure hatred for the raisins.

If you check out THE GOOSE, I think you'll like it too. It's a little small but man are the fans crazy. The fan club also does annual trips to Da 'Burgh.

Buzz05
07-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I know last year down here the radio stations were urging ravens fans to not sell their tickets to the "Lers game because they actually wanted to make it feel like a home game for once. I was at ESPN Zone the night before it felt like they picked up and moved the place to Station Square...so much black and gold around I was proud.

memphissteelergirl
07-28-2006, 12:03 PM
This off-season has just dragged on for me! I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

The Steelers' 21st Century Dynasty Begins Now!! :sign01:

AKSteeler
07-28-2006, 12:10 PM
I am pumped. WAY pumped. I entered all the games into my cellphone scheduler yesterday, and am trying to figure out (already) how I am going to watch the Christmas Eve game from Seattle...visiting my in-laws...game starts 1pm EST, 10am PST, and we'll no doubt be at church that morning. I doubt it will be televised over there on Cable...we'll see. I am however looking forward to wearing my jersey in Seattle :)

Between my business parter and myself, we spent about $500 at the Steelers Store outside Pittsburgh last week, getting ready for our weekly party. I've been wearing an article of Steelers clothing every day for the past month....Can't wait to start wearing the jerseys again in a few weeks.

stlrtruck - Your daughter is adorable. I just bought my 11 month old her first Steelers jersey...#86. She's been a fan since birth :)

6 in '06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
07-28-2006, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=stlrtruck crap, "You should cheer for the bucs, you live in Tampa, not Pittsburgh!" Yeah, whatever, let me show you what loyalty and Steelers nation is all about![/QUOTE]

:shake01: Cheer for the bucs? They obviously just don't get it.

Polamalu43
07-28-2006, 01:36 PM
So is anyone else as pumped as I am that the run for "6 in '06" officially starts today? Or maybe is just because I am stuck down here in Ravens head quarters and Im tired of hearing how they are winning it all this year.

Hell yeah man I'm pumped already. Especially when we play cry baby carson and the bungals.. All they are talkin about is how much we didn't deserve the title blah blah blah.. Lol they are justy jealous,just like carson admited on the sports illustrated issue.. Can't wait 2 shut there moths up once and for all...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM

I know most ratbird fans don't know their ass from a whole in the ground and it shouldnt surprise me one bit for them to start proclaiming themselves SB champs before the season even starts just because they have Steve McNair now.. :dang: :dang: But damn, they are more dumb than I even thought !

SteelerFanInCA
07-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I know most ratbird fans don't know their ass from a whole in the ground and it shouldnt surprise me one bit for them to start proclaiming themselves SB champs before the season even starts just because they have Steve McNair now.. :dang: :dang: But damn, they are more dumb than I even thought !
The ratbirds will always be the ratbirds. :boxing:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-28-2006, 05:56 PM
I think the off season sucks every year.........But now that we are the defending chapms i can not wait to get started.....

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm ready for some football. Hell yea lets get this season started quickly. Love you all Steelers Nation.

BAC
07-28-2006, 08:09 PM
H#LL Yes, what you all said. With the start of training camp, so begins the adorning of the living room/game watching shrine. As I was hanging the 6 foot STEELERS banner above the front window, my wife watched & said, "Ohhhh Yeeeaahh, it's almost time." I said, "youre damn right, 43 days & counting."

A good laugh was had by all. Here we go!

blackvelvet
07-29-2006, 07:28 PM
*sings* "It's the most wonderful time of the year...."

Indy_Steelers
07-29-2006, 07:49 PM
*sings* "It's the most wonderful time of the year...."
:sofunny:

i have worn something Steelers for the past 2 days and will wear something for the next 2 weeks if not every day until XLI.

I was talking to a friend who is a Bengals fan and asked him if he was ready for camp and he said, "Do you mean prision camp? I am sick of all the garbage that happened to Bengals this off season." I cracked up. It is nice to know that there is at least one Bengal fans with a sense of humor.

stlrtruck
07-30-2006, 06:35 PM

If they understood it, let alone just got it....
Then they'd be STEELERS FANS!!!!

stlrtruck
07-30-2006, 06:38 PM

If they ever did get it...they'd become STEELERS FANS!
So I'd rather just sit around, think they know about football, and leave me the heck alone. Obviously they don't understand that there's no way I could ever throw away 30 years of being a Steelers fans just because I moved. Shoot, I never lived in Pittsburgh to begin, I was living in, what was then Colts Country or Redskins Country and never took to those teams (I'd now like to that WHAG-TV for showing Steelers games)!!!