PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else going to cringe when..........

MyCuz64Furness
07-28-2006, 09:38 AM
they see Ben get hit the first time........I can't help but saying I'm a lil nervous about the possible contact he's going to receive.......I think all of us are going to be on the edge of our seats when he gets smacked........waitng to see him get up safe.......makes me a lil nervous......anybody else got any fears or is it just me being a girl :sofunny: :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
07-28-2006, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls Cowher aside during camp and asks him to have Troy or Porter lay one on him just to see how he reacts to the hit. Personally, if I went through what Ben went through I would rather find out how I react to a smashing hit before season starts than during a regular season game.

MyCuz64Furness
07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Don't get me wrong......I have faith in his ability but its got to make a brotha think about all the what if's....

HometownGal
07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I think I'll be a tad apprehensive, but given the fact that Ben has recovered so darned well from a very serious accident and the extensive surgery to his face and jaw, it only reinforces my belief that Big Ben is truly a man of steel and one tough hombre. He appears to have a very positive attitude going into camp and the season and as I know all too well, a positive attitude is 90% of winning the battle. :smile:

tony hipchest
07-28-2006, 10:03 AM
I think I'll be a tad apprehensive, but given the fact that Ben has recovered so darned well from a very serious accident and the extensive surgery to his face and jaw, it only reinforces my belief that Big Ben is truly a man of steel and one tough hombre. He appears to have a very positive attitude going into camp and the season and as I know all too well, a positive attitude is 90% of winning the battle. :smile:for sure.

while some of us may be scared ben wont be. i dont see him being apprehensive at all, infact he may have an attitude that nothing can hurt as bad as taking a bite out of a car at 30 mph.

X-Terminator
07-28-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm not going to cringe or be apprehensive at all, because I figure Ben probably figures getting hit by a linebacker or safety is nothing compared to being hit by a car, and it won't faze him one bit. He'll still be confident and will take a hit as well as he always has.

stlrtruck
07-28-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm sure all of STEELER NATION will be holding their collective breaths as Ben takes that first hit.
I also feel good that he'll be completely healed from the accident, and he'll stand up after taking that first hit, looking at the person that hit him, smile (his usually bright smile), laugh a little, and put his hands up in the air as he watches Hines Ward jump into the end zone for the Steelers first Touchdown of the season (looks like the phins are going to have a long day)!!!

Eztarget
07-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm more concerned about playing the Bengals twice. Not because I think the Bengals are great (we all know their choking record), but because I'm worried some idiot on them is going to go for the "eye for an eye" hit on one of Ben's knees.

83-Steelers-43
07-28-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm more concerned about playing the Bengals twice. Not because I think the Bengals are great (we all know their choking record), but because I'm worried some idiot on them is going to go for the "eye for an eye" hit on one of Ben's knees.

Well, that's when we make it a very legit reality that we are capable of making Carson's knee into mush again. Only this time around, on purpose or having Joey Porter or Troy show Chad Johnson that one's elbow is capable of popping out in the opposite direction. As you say "eye for an eye".

I'm never down with players hurting each on purpose (well, maybe an elbow to the ribs), but if they plan on doing it to us on purpose, I see no season why we shouldn't do it back. Two sides to every coin.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2006, 04:18 PM
I won't this is the NFL. You have to be a tough S.O.B. to play in the NFL. Now my brother he cringes everytime Ben takes a big hit. I don't know how many times he has freaked the past two years with Ben taking hits.

SteelerFanInCA
07-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Ben definitley fits the role of a tough S.O.B. I think he will be just fine once he gets that first lick under his belt.