PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law

rett8799
06-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Are the steelers interested in Ty Law, they could use him in the secondary!

LambertIsGod58
06-12-2005, 12:31 PM
He killed them back in 2002....He's a big name corner, something Pittsburgh hasn't had since Woodson. He would definately help the secondary.

BB2W
06-12-2005, 12:49 PM
There have been talks between him and the Steelers. He visited at least twice. I think he failed the physical, but he may end up in Pittsburgh. He is from the area, and has said he would take less money to play for the Steelers. I am sure he would love to get us over the hump, and be the difference maker in overcoming the Patriots.

Prosdo
06-12-2005, 02:04 PM
I haven't heard much about Ty Law coming to the Steelers in a while. I would love to see him come here. He would be a nice veteran addition. Still keeping my fingers crossed on it.

stillers4strife
06-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Plenty of other teams mentioned as remaining "in contact" so take it for what it's worth.

Steelers | Remain in contact about Law - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 06:00:36 -0700

Nick Cafardo, of the Boston Globe, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have remained in contact with agent Carl Poston about free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots).

clevestinks
06-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Ty Law was the big talk on this site, about a month back when he visited twice. He set up the meeting according to the Steelers. At the time he wasn`t ready to take a physical, he was suppose to start running again in May or June.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-12-2005, 04:05 PM
our backfield is getting awfully crowed these days w/ talent. The youth movement is definately in full swing in our secondary. That being said, if we dont have to break the bank for him, I'd love to him in the black n gold !

stillers4strife
06-12-2005, 04:22 PM
According to reports from the Poston Bros. a few weeks ago, Law is still expecting a good sum of money.

But he certainly has been the forgotten man of late with guys like Verba and Boulware available.

I think the drafting of McFadden pretty much rules out the signing of Law. I also think other teams will be willing to offer more to Law, even if it's just a marginal amount.

clevestinks
06-12-2005, 05:23 PM
I agree before all the hype over McFadden , Law looked pretty good. Now I would rather see us get a safety. I think our starting CB`s will be McFadden and Coc eventually.

stillers4strife
06-12-2005, 09:24 PM
If we hadn't signed Willie Williams (but had drafted McFadden), I could see the usefulness of signing Law. But unless we were to cut WW (which would seem somewhat wasteful), I think we have the mentor-type.

Personally, I expect McFadden to progress faster than Colclough. I could be wrong. I think McFadden takes over WW's spot. Colclough gets his playing time in the nickel and on ST's. But I think it would be late '05 if not '06 before Colclough is a starter.

Prosdo
06-12-2005, 09:55 PM
I agree Law kind of died down when the news about how well McFadden was doing started hitting the media. Law is a great player. I have to go with Blitz on this if we can get him for a reasonable price than great, but if he wants MAJOR money I say pass. I'm still really curious as to where Law stands with joining the black and gold. Maybe the media will report something soon.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-13-2005, 12:47 AM
He's a hometown boy, which is something we have over the other suitors he has. When you get alittle older in the NFL, and you've made alot of money so far.. playing in front of your old home town is more and more appealing.

Prosdo
06-13-2005, 01:21 AM
He's a hometown boy, which is something we have over the other suitors he has. When you get alittle older in the NFL, and you've made alot of money so far.. playing in front of your old home town is more and more appealing.

Very true. I'm curious as to how much we are willing to pay for Law and how much he wants.

JerseySTEEL
06-13-2005, 01:42 AM
he wants alot, the reports have said. but the main factor in his mind is starting at CB, he wont go to a place were he wont start.

clevestinks
06-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Before we spend a lot of cash on a free agent that me still be injured. Lets get the Hines Ward deal done.

bigbensgirl7
06-13-2005, 06:01 PM
I am very curious if the Steelers are still interested in him. I wouldn't mind him being in the black and gold for the right price. I agree with Blitz, he has made a lot of money and might be willing to take a major pay cut to play in front of his hometown. However, I like what I'm hearing about McFadden and am excited about his potential, so I don't know...it will be interesting to see where he ends up and for how much money.
Cleve...you are right though...we need get Ward's deal done 1st...to me, that is the most important thing right now!

Ironman
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
No way would I pay what he thinks he's worth. Give the young guys a chance.

bigbensgirl7
06-13-2005, 06:10 PM
No way would I pay what he thinks he's worth. Give the young guys a chance.
I think what he thinks he's worth and what he's actually going to get if he wants to play are 2 different things. Time is running out...and he still is unsigned and there is not really much talk about him right now.

Ironman
06-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I think what he thinks he's worth and what he's actually going to get if he wants to play are 2 different things. Time is running out...and he still is unsigned and there is not really much talk about him right now.

I agree completely.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-14-2005, 01:45 AM
Before we spend a lot of cash on a free agent that me still be injured. Lets get the Hines Ward deal done.

Right on.. Ward is #1 priority man,, get him locked up w/ us for the rest of his career!!! I cant imagine seeing him on the open market!! :crying01: :eyecrazy:

Prosdo
06-14-2005, 05:00 AM
I agree first priority should be Ward. Ward is a leader to the team and the best all around WR in the league. He has a lot of skill, heart, class, and love for the game. Finish his contract then think about Law. Need to keep Ward in the black and gold.

BB2W
06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
The Dolphins offered Ty Law a one year contract for the vet min.

clevestinks
06-14-2005, 02:57 PM
You would think that Ty would be eager to join a team that is already a playoff team. He could use a year to prove he is over the injury. But if he sign for veteran league min. then I say we offer that. What do we have to lose?

Prosdo
06-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Very true. I would like to see the Steelers offer him something, but not give him a HUGE amount of money. If it was between us and a few other teams I think he would go with the Steelers.Who is more likely to keep the Pats from the big game the Dolphins or the Steelers? Definitely the Steelers. From what I heard he was far from on good terms with the Pats. I think the revenge factor might come in. Plus who wouldn't want to win another Super Bowl in their career. But with our other players having so much potential we may not even offer him something. I would like to, but may not happen.

Prosdo
06-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Here is an article on Law.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-notebook061705&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

LondonSteeler
06-18-2005, 11:33 PM
i think theres about 0% chance of us signing law, teams will still offer him more money than we can dream of, my best bet is he signs with the jets

Prosdo
06-18-2005, 11:43 PM
I see a slim chance of us getting him. He may come here because we are a solid team and I think he is from Aliquippa. He is far a long in his career he may want to finish it out near his family. I guess we will see.

clevestinks
06-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Law was great! Is he still great?? The remains to be seen. Gut feeling tells me, McFadden is our future, Now. WE`ll see!

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Cleve...I agree...I see good things happening with McFadden. I really like this kid! But we'll see!

Prosdo
06-19-2005, 05:24 PM
I agree with Cleve also. McFadden is looking extremely promising. When I see something about him they are all talking about how good he looks and is doing. I'm liking what I'm hearing about him.

Mean Machine
06-19-2005, 05:29 PM
There are a ton of great topics going here and I'll comment on a few here.

McFadden has every opportunity to be a starter for us, even this year. He is a little raw as far as his coverage skills because the NFL is quite different because they don't allow contact after 5 yards so I think that will be his biggest adjustment. I love his physical style and that fits perfectly with what we expect out of our DBs. He is someone that I'm very excited about.

Law is washed up for now. They guy has made his rounds, agent has called teams all year long, howver, he just isn't healthy enough to be attractive, therefore, he isn't going to be on any rosters anytime soon. When he is capable and passes a team physical, then he can contribute and be productive, but from what I'm reading, this guy isn't anywhere close to returning.

clevestinks
06-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Props to you, great takes Mean machine

Avoid LLoyd1975
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Mcfadden has upside. Law does not. Ty law is a has been. Mcfadden could develop into a solid corner. All this talk of signing law makes no sense to me? The only employment he should be doing is sniffing our jocks in the locker room.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Law would almost be better taking the year off, working out, getting 100% healthy and trying it again next season. You may laugh, but he's not ready for anyone to be throwing any significant cash his way yet, and training camp is just around the corner.

SCacalaki
06-22-2005, 04:22 PM
JAX is bringing Law in for a workout. But I don't think they have a ton of cash to deal out. I think it would be in Law's best interest to sign a one-year deal that is incentive-heavy. If he's the same as he was before, he'll make the money. If not, he won't.

bigbensgirl7
06-27-2005, 07:22 PM
THis is from the rumormill, but I found it interesting

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LAW STILL WAITING FOR PAYDAY

A league source tells us that, while several teams remain interested in acquiring the services of former Pats cornerback Ty Law, no one is offering Law anything more than the veteran minimum.

Word is that, earlier in the offseason, Law's agents told one of the teams courting the talented-but-injured cover man that there was an offer on the table averaging $6 million per year.

If there ever were such an offer (and we doubt that there was), it's long gone now.

Instead, Law is left to choose among teams like the Steelers, Dolphins, and Jaguars, Chiefs, and Browns for his next destination.

So the question becomes whether one of the interested teams will sweeten the pot a little bit in order to win his services. Our guess is that the teams will hold firm in their current offers, and wait for Law to make a selection.

And if that's where it all ends up, we predict that Law will land with the Steelers. Law grew up, after all, in the 'Burgh, and the Steelers use the 3-4 defense with which he has grown comfortable over the years. Besides, many think that the Steelers will be squaring off with the Pats again for a trip to Super Bowl XL -- and Law surely would love to be the difference maker in the game that would disrupt New England's run for an unprecedented third straight Lombardi.

Of course, if Law can be had for only a minimum deal, other teams might look to get involved. The Colts, for example, might conclude that Law could help them get over the hump against the Patriots. The Packers still need help in the defensive secondary, as do the Rams and several other NFC teams.

Heck, if Law can be had for a one-year minimum deal, why wouldn't the Tuna give him a call? It was Bill Parcells, after all, who selected Law in round one of the 1995 draft while coaching the Pats.

Interesting!...but like I said earlier...it's in a rumormill so who knows!

bengalsfan21
06-27-2005, 07:47 PM
many think that the Steelers will be squaring off with the Pats again for a trip to Super Bowl XL

Yes i'd say that is a rumor... :D

BlitzburghRockCity
06-27-2005, 11:20 PM
His problem is..he's been hurt and is still recovering, so nobody can see him work out to his full potential to even gauge what they think he's worth vs what he already thinks he's worth.

Prosdo
06-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Very true. Anyone know the projected date for his recovery?

steelparrot
06-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Law isent worth what he wants. Like everyone else has said Law is only going to get worse, Mcfadden has his whole carrer is front of him.

Prosdo
06-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Law isent worth what he wants. Like everyone else has said Law is only going to get worse, Mcfadden has his whole carrer is front of him.

I am very excited about McFadden. Everything I have read about him has been positive. If we could get Law for a reasonable amount (I'm kind of doubting we could) then that would be awesome. But I really don't want to shell out a whole lot of cash on him. I rather put it towards Ward and other players and get back to working with McFadden. If he is doing as well as everyone says than with the right training and leadership from the team the guy can become a great player on the NFL level.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Law is gonna keep everybody in suspense about this until he's healed up enough to pass a physical and work out for a team to see how's he's recovered.

Dirtywater
06-28-2005, 11:39 PM
How many more ways can it be said? Law will sign with the highest bidder. If Arizona suddenly comes out with the highest bid, suddenly the Cardianls were 'darkhorses' and he'd been interested in them for a while.

Guy has won 3 Super Bowls while never making the mega money he always desired. Money gets Law, not anything else and who can blame him? It will be his last chance it a big contract.

clevestinks
06-29-2005, 05:13 PM
I`m not sure about that! His days of hugew paychecks may be over. I think it may be a combination, of who wants him, $ and what chance he has of another ring.

Dirtywater
06-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I`m not sure about that! His days of hugew paychecks may be over. I think it may be a combination, of who wants him, $ and what chance he has of another ring.

Couldn't disagree more. He's already won his rings. Whoever offers the most gets him IMHO. Now if the money is very close, and I mean very close, I wouldn't doubt he goes with the better chance to win, but money is the driving factor here, nothing more.

steelparrot
06-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Couldn't disagree more. He's already won his rings. Whoever offers the most gets him IMHO. Now if the money is very close, and I mean very close, I wouldn't doubt he goes with the better chance to win, but money is the driving factor here, nothing more.

Have to agree with cleve here. I think a lot of people have written him off and now he wants one more ring to prove everyone wrong.

Dirtywater
06-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Have to agree with cleve here. I think a lot of people have written him off and now he wants one more ring to prove everyone wrong.

Not to be a name dropper here, but I've discussed this with Law himself. He wants the money. Not that he doesn't want the ring, it's just that he has yet to get that mega deal. He may not get it now, but it is what he is after.

clevestinks
06-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Ty Law you discussed this with? Cool! Did he ever mention Pittsburgh? Being his hometown I just thought he might. I undestand what your saying about the cash, but I just don`t see the smarter teams spending a ton of cash on an over 30 cb, thats coming off a big injury??

bigbensgirl7
06-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Joey Porter said that Law talked to him at the Pro Bowl and told Porter to tell Cowher that he wanted to finish his career in Pittsburgh. But I can understand that money is an issue, and I really don't see us offering him a lot to come here.

Dirtywater
06-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Ty Law you discussed this with? Cool! Did he ever mention Pittsburgh? Being his hometown I just thought he might. I undestand what your saying about the cash, but I just don`t see the smarter teams spending a ton of cash on an over 30 cb, thats coming off a big injury??

Yes. Keep in mind hed like to play with:

- Pittsburgh, as that's his hometown and they have a really good team

- NY Jets as he respects Herm Edwards

- Colts as he respects Tony Dungy

- Cleveland as he has a good relationship with Crennel

- KC as they are a great franchise and are building a contender

- Miami as they are another good franchise and he lives down there now.

- Detroit as they are building a contender

Starting to see the similarities? Though he didn't figure to be in this position, it has not changed his and especially not the Postons position. they want the mega deal. Someone may get him for this season at a 1 year deal only, but after that he's going to want that deal again.

I don't blame him at all. He's won 3 rings, and never got that mega deal. He's 31 and wants to get the last big contract of his playing days. More power to him.

hardwork
06-30-2005, 02:43 AM
"and never got that mega deal."

6 mill a year ain't chump change. Does he think he's going to get a Brady type deal? Never happen.

Furthermore, if he's ready for a comeback, how come he isn't signed yet? Nobody that good, who is ready to play, would be just out there walking around.

SteelProven
06-30-2005, 06:52 AM
Personally, I expect McFadden to progress faster than Colclough. I could be wrong. I think McFadden takes over WW's spot. Colclough gets his playing time in the nickel and on ST's. But I think it would be late '05 if not '06 before Colclough is a starter.

I agree with this 100%. That's why i don't see us signing Law.

Dirtywater
06-30-2005, 11:23 AM
"and never got that mega deal."

6 mill a year ain't chump change. Does he think he's going to get a Brady type deal? Never happen.

Furthermore, if he's ready for a comeback, how come he isn't signed yet? Nobody that good, who is ready to play, would be just out there walking around.

In the his & the Postons mind, yes 6 million was not a mega deal. To say those guys are out of touch is an understatement. I don't think he thinks he'll get a Brady deal, but he is looking for a very good deal with an amazing signing bonus. This injury has really been a thorn in their strategy, but it hasn't stopped their desires.

He is running and cutting, though I've heard his cutting is not up to par yet. I think the reason he still hasn't signed yet is because of both he is not fully recovered yet and he hasn't seen a contract they like yet. I look for him to sign in August, when camps are in full swing and players get injured. SOmeone will take the bait after a player is injured. I don't think it will be their desired mega-deal, but he'll take the higgest offer, even if it is only for a year.

clevestinks
06-30-2005, 02:57 PM
I just don`t see him getting a mega deal! Its possible today with the way contracts get out of hand, but doubtful. Older corner, that could be damaged goods

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2005, 07:34 PM
If the raiders can afford to have, or atleast consider to have TO and Moss on the same team, then its not out of the realm of possibility for a team to sign him to big bucks..there's always some goofball front office willing to break the bank on an aging, injured veteran.. :roll:

But I definately agree w/ HW though, if he is all that and a bag of chips right now, why isnt he in mini camps w/ a team?

BB2W
07-04-2005, 12:38 PM
In the end, the Chiefs couldn't afford Ty Law, whom they really wanted to team up with Patrick Surtain, so they opted for 13-year veteran Ashley Ambrose to add depth. The Chiefs showed a lot of interest in Law, but with Law wanting top dollar and still just 85 percent healthy, it didn't add up. The Chiefs need a sure thing to round out a much-improved defense. Law still has the Buccaneers, Jets, Colts, Steelers, and Jaguars on hold, with offers in hand from most of them. He'll wind up at one of those places (and don't rule out the Browns), but he might have to set his salary sights slightly lower.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-04-2005, 01:14 PM
but he might have to set his salary sights slightly lower

I think that's gonna have to be a given... I know there's always a team out there that's willing to overpay for a veteran, especially one thats aging or has had significant injury problems of one kind or another...but he's gotta be realistic here I think.

Prosdo
07-04-2005, 02:07 PM
I think that's gonna have to be a given... I know there's always a team out there that's willing to overpay for a veteran, especially one thats aging or has had significant injury problems of one kind or another...but he's gotta be realistic here I think.

I agree. He is only 85% healthy also. I don't think he can really expect someone to give him mega bucks until he can show them himself at 100%. Even then he is going to have to lower his price a little.

BB2W
07-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Law was just on ESPN saying he want to be paid like a four time Pro-Bowler. He wants big money for sure. He also said that he would not sign a one year deal, and thats what most teams will offer because of the injury.....

bigbensgirl7
07-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Law is running out of time and the fact that he says he won't sign a one-year deal that's just stupid. He is coming off an injury and is only 85%, I just can't see anyone giving him the kindof money he wants.
I'm actually suprised to see the Steelers still on the list of potential place for him. I can't see them giving him a big contract at all.

Prosdo
07-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Law is running out of time and the fact that he says he won't sign a one-year deal that's just stupid. He is coming off an injury and is only 85%, I just can't see anyone giving him the kindof money he wants.
I'm actually suprised to see the Steelers still on the list of potential place for him. I can't see them giving him a big contract at all.

I agree. I know he wants big bucks, but he may have to take a 1 year deal and prove himself. Then ask for the big money. I know teams go a little crazy sometimes, but I don't see him getting this huge deal that he wants. He has to realize he is a veteran recovering from an injury and that means his market value goes down, even if only for a little while.

Prosdo
07-06-2005, 10:05 PM
The Bucs' interest in free agent cornerback Ty Law is a mirage because they don't have the cap room to even sign their draft picks. Law's hometown Steelers, whom he's already visited, are looking like a better option. ...

From the article: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/columnist/2005-07-06-inside-scoop_x.htm

I still don't see it happening. Not that I wouldn't like to see Ty Law here. I just don't see it.

bigbensgirl7
07-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I agree completely Prosdo. I would love to have Law, however, I just don't see us paying what he wants.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-07-2005, 07:59 PM
I think he's too proud to sign a 1 year deal. All he is seeing is those SB rings on, and those pro bowls and, "oh, I shouldnt have to sign a 1 year deal, Im Ty Law, " yeah whatever.... dude if u wanna play football this year, you better get it in gear and make up your mind.

bigbensgirl7
07-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I agree blitz...his time is growing short!

bengalsfan21
07-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Come on guys this is Ty Law we are talking about....Someone will sign him to what he wants before the season starts, teams are just sitting back hoping he lowers his price... But I can guarantee he will be signed before week 1

bigbensgirl7
07-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Come on guys this is Ty Law we are talking about....Someone will sign him to what he wants before the season starts, teams are just sitting back hoping he lowers his price... But I can guarantee he will be signed before week 1
I agree, someone will sign him, but since he's only 85% I don't think it will be for what he wants (big but not that big). He has also said he won't sign a one year deal, however, I think if that is the best that is offered to him he will sign.

Go_Cats
07-07-2005, 10:06 PM
I think its a wet dream if you guys think your getting Law, you can't even resign Plax or Hines, and your thinking you can get a prime time FA?

Prosdo
07-08-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't see it as likely. He is wanting a lot of money and he is not even 100%. Hines needs to be the top priority. Law will end up elsewhere. I am not sure if it will be for the huge deal he wants or whatever, but I'm sure he'll end up somewhere.

hardwork
07-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Ty Law is a gambler back there. The reason he can gamble, and be so effective, is because he's such a great athlete. If he comes back at say 90%, will he be able to gamble as much, or will he be able to change his game, and still be as good a corner as the money he's asking for would imply? I don't know.

Say, where is Dirty Water to keep us informed on Law?

LambertIsGod58
07-08-2005, 04:44 PM
I saw his recent interview on ESPN and I believe he said that he wants market value. And I also believe he said that he would not take a 1YR contract. I wouldn't take him for his full value given he's not 100% and given his age. He's no spring chicken.

clevestinks
07-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I saw his recent interview on ESPN and I believe he said that he wants market value. And I also believe he said that he would not take a 1YR contract. I wouldn't take him for his full value given he's not 100% and given his age. He's no spring chicken.

LAMBERT 1st great sig.

2nd great point. Also I would like to add, that I wouldn`t give him more than a i year contract! Not to mention Bryant McFadden

LambertIsGod58
07-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the props....BBW made this awesome sig. I wouldn't mind seeing Law in a Steelers uni, but I don't think he's worth what he's asking, at least right now.

ericnie18
07-10-2005, 09:21 PM
the stellers have to take law.he used to play for the pats enough said.WE STILL WONT GET PAST THEM BUT AT LEAST WE CAN START TO CRACK THERE DYNASTY

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Dude, enough w/ the steelers suck against the Pats attitude; its getting kinda old. And no we dont need to take Law to win.. it would be nice to have a veteran of that talent, absolutely, but we've got a good young group in the secondary that has the potential to be something amazing in the years to come.

Cheers! :)

Prosdo
07-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Dude, enough w/ the steelers suck against the Pats attitude; its getting kinda old. And no we dont need to take Law to win.. it would be nice to have a veteran of that talent, absolutely, but we've got a good young group in the secondary that has the potential to be something amazing in the years to come.

Cheers! :)

I second that! Our young guys have a lot of potential and I do think they will do well this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Law in the black and gold, but by no means is it necessary for us to have him to beat NE.

bengalsfan21
07-11-2005, 09:49 AM
I second that! Our young guys have a lot of potential and I do think they will do well this year. I wouldn't mind seeing Law in the black and gold, but by no means is it necessary for us to have him to beat NE.

You guys have to be realistic, your having trouble signing Hines but you are all wanting to sign Law...It just isn't happening, he will end up somewhere where they can afford him like Oakland

Prosdo
07-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't believe we will get Law. I just said I wouldn't mind seeing Law here. Ward is what I definitely want in the black and gold.

bengalsfan21
07-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't believe we will get Law. I just said I wouldn't mind seeing Law here. Ward is what I definitely want in the black and gold.

He should be your #1 priority....I don't know what teams cap salaries are like but I know Oakland could get him and so could Arizona...they both could use him.

Prosdo
07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
I believe Hines Ward is the Steelers top priority. I know his deal is one I want to see completed ASAP.

bigbensgirl7
07-11-2005, 02:34 PM
I believe Hines Ward is the Steelers top priority. I know his deal is one I want to see completed ASAP.
Agreed...I to wouldn't mind seeing Law in a Steelers uniform, but I wouldn't want him there at the expense of Ward. I see this talk about Law becoming a Steeler for what they are "Rumors" but don't get me wrong...if I could have both I would take them!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
You guys have to be realistic, your having trouble signing Hines but you are all wanting to sign Law...It just isn't happening, he will end up somewhere where they can afford him like Oakland

Most of us would like to see Law in a Steeler uniform..but we are also realistic, in that we know we need Hines more than we need a Ty law.. in a perfect world we could sign both, but there is no way in the world the rooneys' would sign law if it mean jepordizing wards deal.

bigbensgirl7
07-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Just heard on NFL Live that the Pats might be back in the game for him also!

bengalsfan21
07-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Just heard on NFL Live that the Pats might be back in the game for him also!

They are good for realeasing players and signing them again

bigbensgirl7
07-12-2005, 04:58 PM
They are good for realeasing players and signing them again
very true!

clevestinks
07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
This may be his best option anyway. There is no team out there really pursuing him real hard. I want MaFadden and Coc to be our future corners. Law may disrupt our team chemistry??????

Prosdo
07-12-2005, 09:05 PM
This may be his best option anyway. There is no team out there really pursuing him real hard. I want MaFadden and Coc to be our future corners. Law may disrupt our team chemistry??????

I agree it very well could be his best option. As you said no team has really went after him too much. If he was 100% I think it may have been different or atleast a little. I am excited about McFadden as well. People have been really complimenting this guy. I do think he will have a bright future with us. I am hoping Ricardo steps up his game some.

Mean Machine
07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Yes i'd say that is a rumor... :D

Nice to see Bunghole fan in attendence...Gosh, I love sweeping them each and every year! :D

STEELERDYNASTY
07-14-2005, 11:24 AM
If he wants to win a SuperBowl, he better sign with us..........I got a feeling

stillers4strife
07-14-2005, 11:39 AM

Not sure if this has been posted on this thread...if so I'll edit it. Very long thread and I've been in and out when trying to keep up.

Why not sign Law and move him to FS a la Rod Woodson? I like Hope but we certainly have little depth at safety. Stuvaints is replaceable. Logan is good...when healthy. Rumors are he might be cut before the season starts. Tyrone Carter showed some good stuff while a Viking but he's been little more than a special teams player so far. Law certainly has a nose for the ball...a regular ballhawk IMO at the corner position. He can double at corner as well.

Bring Law in as a corner, he's going to expect to start. And that may be entirely possible. Unknowns with Colclough, McFadden, and Ike Taylor. Can Willie Williams pull out another season like he did last year or does his age catch up with him in '05? Remember, Townsend had surgery this offseason.

Not a bad idea to make a run at him. But money is the barrier. And I really can't see us bringing him in at this point before we hammer a deal out with Ward. So someone else may beat us to the punch.

Lyn
07-14-2005, 02:05 PM
I heard someone from another board (a chiefs fan) say they were also talking to Law and the seal was done all Law had to do was pass the physical! Did he NOT pass the Steeler physical?

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 02:16 PM
He was never given a Steelers physical. whne he visited with the Steelers he was not even close in his recovery, From waht I can remember!

Lyn
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes you are right , he was not going tostart =running until May or HJune something like that springs to mind. and thanks!~

Lyn
07-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Yes you are right , he was not going to start running until May or June something like that springs to mind. and thanks!~

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Just saw Ty Law interviewed on PTI. He is definitley in it for the MONEY$$$. He is not backing down from what ever price it is that he is asking. I beleive it was DirtyWater who said that Law was all about a big payday. You were right my friend, nothing else seems to matter. Definitley not in Pittsburgh,

Dirtywater
07-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Just saw Ty Law interviewed on PTI. He is definitley in it for the MONEY$$$. He is not backing down from what ever price it is that he is asking. I beleive it was DirtyWater who said that Law was all about a big payday. You were right my friend, nothing else seems to matter. Definitley not in Pittsburgh,

Not to say I told you so, but... :D

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 05:13 PM
No, go ahead, you did mention some inside info. I did hear it , straight from the horses mouth. He is want some cold hard Cash$$$$$$