PDA

View Full Version : Redman to have MRI?

Sharkissle29
08-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Per Ed's twitter :
#steelers starting RB Isaac Redman to have MRI on groin injury

I did not even know he was injured? Please don't let the injury bug hit us again. First James possibly getting surgery now this? This hump day blows.

Injuries will be the only thing to hold this team back form the Super Bowl. i think we are THAT good.

Fire Haley
08-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Isaac Redman is set for an MRI on his injured groin.

Redman hasn't been able to practice since rushing five times for 14 yards in the preseason opener last Thursday. The additional testing will determine the grade of his muscle strain. Already lacking burst, Redman can't afford to be playing at anything less than 100 percent.

Fellow plodders Jonathan Dwyer and Baron Batch are next up on the depth chart as the Steelers' run game continues to trend downward.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/238051/isaac-redman-headed-for-mri-on-groin-injury

--------------------

Demps!!!

Fire Arians
08-15-2012, 12:00 PM
damn it, i know injuries are part of the game but we're looking to be one crippled ass team before the season even starts

Fire Haley
08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Looks to me like Rainey is going to get a lot more playing time.

Fire Arians
08-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Looks to me like Rainey is going to get a lot more playing time.

everybody is. now i know why baron batch carried the rock 19 times last game, everybody's hurt. red/dwyer banged up, clay out for the year, and we ain't pounding the rock with rainey

OX1947
08-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Rainey might be the next Willie Parker. That is one fast human being.

pancake
08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Rainey might be the next Willie Parker. That is one fast human being.

Parker weighed 30 pounds more and was more equipped to take an NFL pounding. My hope is that Rainey becomes the next Sproles.

ricardisimo
08-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I think we'll be fine if they can just hold it together until Rashard gets back. I'm still very eager to see what he can do with an actual OC.

Fire Haley
08-15-2012, 01:16 PM
then again

MarkKaboly_Trib Todd Haley said Isaac Redman will practice today and that he knows nothing about an MRI

BowCatShot
08-15-2012, 01:27 PM
That's really bad news. I was looking forward to Redman with an actual oline and an actual oc. Those groin injuries seem to take forever to heal. If you play with them at all then they just extend on and on. Didn't Bettis have one and Fu'AmatuMahahafala had to take over for him?

Sharkissle29
08-15-2012, 02:11 PM
then again

MarkKaboly_Trib Todd Haley said Isaac Redman will practice today and that he knows nothing about an MRI

Did Ed mean James Harrison? Confused.

GoFor7
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Per Kaboly:

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Redman said he is getting MRI on groin tomorrow but it must not be too bad if he practiced yesterday and Haley said he is practicing today

stb_steeler
08-15-2012, 02:29 PM
damn it, i know injuries are part of the game but we're looking to be one crippled ass team before the season even starts

This is gettin to be every year....:doh:

Fire Haley
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Redman getting drama lessons from Ben?

surcalifero
08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll be picking up Rainey in fantasy football for my bench if i have a chance.

Steelersfan87
08-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Dale Lolley ‏@dlolleyor
Ike Redman goes down at practice again. Needs to shut it down

Hawaii 5-0
08-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette via twitter:

#steelers RB Redman tried to practice. But fell painfully on all fours as trainers attended. Hasnt returned.

and:

#Baron Batch, Chris Rainey will sleep well tonite. Only RB practicing today for #steelers

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette

Fire Haley
08-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Fire Haley!

pete74
08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Should of grabbed Benson before Green Bay did. I think its a certainty that we will be grabbing another rb off the waiver wire very soon.

FrancoLambert
08-15-2012, 04:36 PM
I think we'll be fine if they can just hold it together until Rashard gets back. I'm still very eager to see what he can do with an actual OC.

Yes, Rashard Mendenhall, the Steeler running back that was bashed around pretty good after last season.
"He dances too much." "He hesitates." (It was the O-line, not him.)
Maybe more of us will appreciate his real value if he is fully healthy.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Parker weighed 30 pounds more and was more equipped to take an NFL pounding. My hope is that Rainey becomes the next Sproles.

Yeah, but if you take away the long runs he had.................. :doh:

Fire Arians
08-15-2012, 04:48 PM
#Baron Batch, Chris Rainey will sleep well tonite. Only RB practicing today for #steelers

i said earlier in the offseason that batch shouldn't be overlooked to compete with red for the starting job, but i didn't want it to be like this.

as long as it's not a serious injury, i don't think red should rush himself back, he already has done enough to secure his spot on the team. i guess batch is going to have to put his durability to the test, and early in the season. maybe the fb/te's will get some carries to lessen the load? lol.

pancake
08-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Not sounding good right now, groin injuries don't heal fast speaking from experience...

Hawaii 5-0
08-15-2012, 06:21 PM
August, 15, 2012

By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The only position that has been hit as hard as outside linebacker has been running back. Injuries to Isaac Redman (groin), Jonathan Dwyer (shoulder), Rashard Mendenhall (knee) and John Clay (thigh) have left the Steelers with two healthy ball carries: Baron Batch and Chris Rainey. Batch was the iron man of Wednesday's practice, taking nearly every snap in team drills.

Redman, who said he was having an MRI on Thursday morning, attempted to practice but fell down to the ground in pain. Offensive coordinator Todd Haley said early Wednesday afternoon that he didn't know that Redman was having an MRI. Tomlin declined to get into specifics about Redman's injury outside of calling it "minor."

"He's working in a limited capacity in preparation for the game," Tomlin said. "That's all I got in regard to that. He shouldn't be talking to you about MRIs."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/52690/steelers-take-charge-of-james-harrison-injury

Atlanta Dan
08-15-2012, 08:23 PM

#steelers RB Redman tried to practice. But fell painfully on all fours as trainers attended. Hasnt returned.

Self-deletion of bad taste post

Atlanta Dan
08-15-2012, 09:17 PM
IMO Coach Tomlin has had it with players and agents chit-chatting about injuries:chuckle:

Here is what Tomlin said about Redman: “He’s working in a limited capacity in preparation for the game. That’s all I got in regards to that. He shouldn’t be talking to you about MRIs.”

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117645-ed-redman-brought-to-his-knees-cant-finish-practice

Hawaii 5-0
08-16-2012, 02:31 PM

and:

http://c4241337.r37.cf2.rackcdn.com/2012/228/489/redman_420.jpg

Redman sore

Isaac Redman's sore groin has not improved, so he will have an MRI this morning to have a better diagnosis of the injury that has dogged the new starting halfback since early in training camp.

"It's tough to run right now," Redman said.

The injury caused Redman to miss some practices before the first preseason game in Philadelphia a week ago. He started that game, carried five times for 14 yards and caught two passes, and did not return after the first series. He did not return immediately to practice Saturday when the Steelers returned to Latrobe. Although he has tried to do some things, practices the past two days have mainly been up to the only two healthy running backs eligible, Baron Batch and rookie Chris Rainey.

Redman tried to join them Wednesday, but early on in some individual drills he dropped in pain on all fours and, after getting some aid from the trainers, watched the rest of practice.

Redman said he is unsure if he will play Sunday against Indianapolis at Heinz Field.
"I heal pretty fast. Hopefully, I can get right past this."

The running backs have been hit harder with injuries than anyone this year. It began on New Year's Day with Rashard Mendenhall's ACL injury in Cleveland. Over the past week, the Steelers lost starting fullback David Johnson for the season to a torn ACL and MCL, lost backup halfback John Clay for the season to a thigh injury, and have had Redman and Jonathan Dwyer on the sideline. Dwyer has an AC joint sprain in his shoulder from the Eagles game.

"Me and Dwyer tried to come back," Redman said of practice Tuesday. "Dwyer couldn't do any contact but we tried to come back and just have two more fresh legs out there and try to give them a break when we could."

It has left the team with Rainey and Batch, who returned this year from an ACL tear in the first two weeks of his rookie training camp in 2011.

"You'll never hear me complain about getting a lot of reps," Batch said Wednesday after practice. "It's been like that the past few days.

"I just want everybody to be ready to go when the season starts. I know how hard it is to sit out and not be able to play. I don't want that for anybody."

The Steelers have one fullback, Will Johnson, and another running back on his way in the form of undrafted rookie Jason Ford. He signed Tuesday but rules do not permit him to practice until Friday.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/harrison-has-a-setback-649127/#ixzz23jPcWZZK

Steelersfan87
08-16-2012, 03:09 PM
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell
Adams back. Redman in jersey, shorts but not practicing -- probably a good sign.

I posted this for the Redman part, but Mark Kaboly also notes on twitter that Mike Adams is actually back practicing already, running with the second team at left tackle behind Gilbert. So there you go.

Fire Haley
08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
bumps and bruises, I can deal with this

tanda10506
08-16-2012, 05:48 PM
bumps and bruises, I can deal with this

Agreed, let's just hope Redman's isn't worse then he knows yet. Adams' injury clearly wasn't much if he's suited up and playing already, but IMO I would like to see him take a little more time off. Same as Redman. The coach's know best I suppose, but Redman proved he can play last year and is said to already have a great knowledge of the new offense. I don't see why he should play until the last preseason game. Adams' needs more practice then Redman obviously, but an extra week of rest might pay off in the long run. Maybe I'm to paranoid after all the injuries last year lol.

Fire Haley
08-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Steelers notebook: Redman coy on MRI

Running back Isaac Redman, chastised by coach Mike Tomlin for revealing he would have an MRI on his injured groin, said the test revealed Thursday exactly what the Steelers’ athletic trainers thought it would. Only he didn’t say what that was. And Tomlin wouldn’t even acknowledge that Redman had the exam. Redman hopes to be back on the field as early as next week. “Hopefully I can get through this, rehab it and do what I need to do to get healthy,” Redman said.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2420796-85/redman-starks-tackle-tomlin-woodley-steelers-offensive-thursday-60000-game

------------------

Ben says he'd rather throw on every down anyway, he don't need no RB's

Fire Haley
08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
SOB

Olympic silver medalist Jeff Demps has agreed to terms with the Patriots, a league source confirms.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4727264/report-demps-agrees-with-patriots

GoFor7
08-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Apparently it's not a groin injury, it's a hip injury.

August 17, 2012Tests on Steelers RB Isaac Redman revealed a hip injury that will not require surgery but will prevent him from playing Sunday vs. Colts. Redman could return to practice as early as next week.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/374762?wsref=tw&code=fMD3ZP7

Hawaii 5-0
08-19-2012, 01:25 AM
Tests reveal hip injury for Isaac Redman

AUG 17
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The injury news on running backs continues for the Steelers this afternoon. Tests on Isaac Redman revealed a hip injury that will not require surgery but will prevent him from playing Sunday against the Colts, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Redman could return to practice as early as next week.

This is actually good news because it keeps Redman on track to be the starting running back for the regular-season opener at Denver. Redman caused a minor scare at training camp this week when he talked about a scheduled MRI for a groin injury and then fell to the ground in pain at Wednesday's practice.

The Steelers are going to need a healthy Redman because they aren't expected to have their leading rusher for the past three seasons for the Sept. 9 game at Denver. Rashard Mendenhall has been activated off the Physically Unable to Perform list, but he likely won't play for most of September.

Pittsburgh has been dealing with a thin running back group this week. Jonathan Dwyer, who is expected to start Sunday against the Colts, returned to practice Thursday after missing time with a shoulder injury. The only healthy running backs on the roster are Baron Batch and Chris Rainey.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/61785/tests-reveal-hip-injury-for-steelers-redman

tanda10506
08-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Still doesn't sound good IMO. I know little about hip and groin injuries, but if they were getting an MRI or any other form of scan to determine that he "doesn't need surgery" then it must have been a pretty decent injury. Not to mention he fell down at camp. It may be Batch and Rainey taking the brunt of the load this season. I know Redman is still projected to be the Week 1 starter, but I could see a hip or groin injury lingering on a RB and eventually taking him out for a bit. We can't pound the ball with Rainey, but we can do a lot of outside running with him, and with DeCastro and Colon as the pulling Guards it sounds like a good idea. Get that fast guy a gap and he's gone! Batch is bigger but I don't see him pounding the ball like Redman. If Dwyer stays healthy he might be above Batch on the depth chart, but either way I don't see being able to pound the ball the way we would with Redman or Mendy. Our running game rests more on the shoulders of the O line now, as they have the potential to make ANY RB look good. With as much as I have been stressing these "little" injuries I have to say, I don't care anymore, let's play some damn football that matters!!!!!!!