PDA

View Full Version : ravens lions pre season

Millers the sh!t
08-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Flacco looking pretty good tonight with his passes, and leadership. Picked apart the lions defense like nothing. I think their offense will be pretty effective this season and give us fits. If their defense stumbles at all from injuries I think their offense will keep them very competitive.

GoFor7
08-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Yep, Flacco looks good this week.

So I guess he'll make Curtis Painter look good next week. :chuckle:

JPPT1974
08-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Flacco is in contract year and wants that big deal. Doing all he can!

GoFor7
08-17-2012, 08:57 PM
For as well as he played, their offense crapped out in the redzone.

Fire Haley
08-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Megatron schooled the Ravens.

handed their secondary their asses ... old and slow

Stafford had 2 TD's in the first quarter and a half...he torched them

p.s. Tie-rod Taylor sucks.

tony hipchest
08-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Flacco looking pretty good tonight with his passes, and leadership. Picked apart the lions defense like nothing. I think their offense will be pretty effective this season and give us fits. .

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/jordanlaugh.gif

tony hipchest
08-17-2012, 11:17 PM
detroit has one of the sorriest secondaries in the nfl. w/o looking it up can anyone name one of their week 1 starters?

Millers the sh!t
08-18-2012, 04:41 AM
detroit has one of the sorriest secondaries in the nfl. w/o looking it up can anyone name one of their week 1 starters?

Number 25 Hugh G Rection.

Seriously though,

Weak secondary or not, Flacco was throwing real sharp and precision passes tonight. He Looked pretty good, And was putting the ball where it belonged. Handled the pass rush quite well, and looked like a true, confident leader. Dropped passes is what killed the drives and turned 6's into 3's.

Like him or not, he's getting better.

Hey Tone, have you ever made Michael Jordan laugh? Didn't think so......

Millers the sh!t
08-18-2012, 04:47 AM
Megatron schooled the Ravens.

handed their secondary their asses ... old and slow

Stafford had 2 TD's in the first quarter and a half...he torched them

p.s. Tie-rod Taylor sucks.

Yeah, ravens D sucks.. If Megatron can make them look inferior, than anybody can.

Fire Haley
08-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Flacco better never even get a hangnail - Tie-rod Taylor and Curtis Painter? hahahahaha

no wonder MD is turning into Steelers country

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/215678_10151018060687898_2014596006_n.jpg
Kent Island Narrows, Eastern Shore, Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, MD

Vincent
08-18-2012, 10:49 AM

md has always BEEN Steelers country, infidel...

Steelers vs. Baltimore Colts - STEELERS, 9-3
at Pittsburgh: Steelers, 5-1
at Baltimore: Steelers, 4-2
in playoffs: Steelers, 2-0

Steelers - rats - STEELERS LEAD SERIES, 21-13
at Pittsburgh: Steelers, 13-5
at Baltimore: tied, 8-8
in playoffs: Steelers, 3-0

And don't forget those 2 Series the Pirates took from the Os.

Millers the sh!t
08-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Flacco better never even get a hangnail - Tie-rod Taylor and Curtis Painter? hahahahaha

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/215678_10151018060687898_2014596006_n.jpg
Kent Island Narrows, Eastern Shore, Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, MD

I hear they have that special Pittsburgh style food/menu at red eyes so the cooks know who's plates to spit it before serving it. Lol

Fire Arians
08-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Number 25 Hugh G Rection.

:chuckle:

Edman
08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
I found the Ravens Offense to be a mixed bag.

Flacco is playing much better in that sugar huddle of theirs, but disappointingly, the Ravens could only muster field goals. Something isn't right here. If Flacco is supposedly taken the next step, those 3's turn into 6's. The most defense I've seen of Joe is that he's "almost" or "close", but there is no "close", you either make the throw or you don't.

GoFor7
08-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Flacco is playing much better in that sugar huddle of theirs, but disappointingly, the Ravens could only muster field goals. Something isn't right here. If Flacco is supposedly taken the next step, those 3's turn into 6's. The most defense I've seen of Joe is that he's "almost" or "close", but there is no "close", you either make the throw or you don't.

"Mixed bag" is a good description of Flacco. One week you think he's finally taken that next step into being a top 10 QB, and the next week he shits the bed and makes Colt McCoy look good. Unfortunately last year the Steelers never got him on that "next week."

Edman
08-18-2012, 04:04 PM
"Mixed bag" is a good description of Flacco. One week you think he's finally taken that next step into being a top 10 QB, and the next week he shits the bed and makes Colt McCoy look good. Unfortunately last year the Steelers never got him on that "next week."

They're no guarantee they'll get him when he's on this year, either. You never know with Joe. You never know with the Ravens period.

Millers the sh!t
08-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Dropped passes ruined the offense, not hit or miss throwing.

GoFor7
08-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Dropped passes ruined the offense, not hit or miss throwing.

You know it's funny, before last year's AFCCG Flacco was mostly a non-factor for the Ravens in the playoffs. He didn't choke and wasn't a turnover machine, but he never stood out, never put the team on his shoulders. That AFCCG was probably his best playoff performance and a dropped pass ruined it for him.

Ray-Ray seems to have signed on with the Ravens no-huddle or "sugar huddle" offense. I imagine that could change if we see more of those dropped passes as it would put a tired defense back on the field with little time taken off the clock. Last year after they lost in Jacksonville T-Sizzle and Ray-Ray voiced their displeasure about Rice not getting more touches.

ricardisimo
08-18-2012, 09:17 PM
There is no corner for Flacco to turn. He peaked several years ago. He's simply never going to be "elite". Their defense is going to be considerably weaker this year, so we should get a true picture of just how lame he is.

Edman
08-18-2012, 11:37 PM
You know it's funny, before last year's AFCCG Flacco was mostly a non-factor for the Ravens in the playoffs. He didn't choke and wasn't a turnover machine, but he never stood out, never put the team on his shoulders. That AFCCG was probably his best playoff performance and a dropped pass ruined it for him.

It's easy to pin all of the blame on Lee Evans for dropping that pass, but what about Flacco's terrible INT and failing on 4th down earlier in the 4th quarter or his inability to put the Patriots away with the Ravens Defense shutting down Brady.

Flacco was facing a really subpar Defense in New England, and he could only muster 20 points. In the biggest game, winning the turnover battle, only 20 points against one of the league's worst Defenses. That's why I'm not so quick to pat Flacco on the back for that AFCC game. It's the first playoff where he didn't completely blow ass, but he still wasn't that great. Oh BTW, Ray Rice was also rendered a non-factor. Coincidence?

tanda10506
08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/jordanlaugh.gif

Bad ass...couldn't have done it better myself!!

tanda10506
08-19-2012, 05:45 PM
I don't read much in to preseason but their defense did get cut up by Megatron. I think Flacco played pretty well but the Lions had a backup QB throw for somewhere around 500 yards on them last year. Their defense will step back. Reed is older, Lewis is just flat old for a LB, Suggs is out, and they lost defensive starters in free agency. As for their offense making up for their defense, I don't see it. They will likely have O line problems this year, something that Flacco hasn't had to deal with too much, nor has Ray Rice. The O line won't be terrible but LeBeau, Harrison, and Woodley will expose it. This year Ike will be covering Tory Smith more often as opposed to Boldin the last few years. Smith is a bigger threat then Boldin at this point IMO. If our #2 CB can cover Boldin well then it will be our defense giving their offense fits, not the other way around.