PDA

View Full Version : Injury updates for Sunday's game

Fire Haley
08-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Steelers notebook: Starks doubtful for Sunday

Coach Mike Tomlin said he hadn’t ruled anybody out that’s not on the PUP list. “All other guys are in play, and I think that’s appropriate,” Tomlin said. All except, perhaps, offensive tackle Max Starks, who was activated from PUP list earlier this week.

Starks returned for limited duty on a rain-soaked Friday afternoon but doubts if he’ll play Sunday. “(Tomlin) may not rule me out, but in my mind, I’m not going to ready by Sunday, but you never know,” said Starks, who had offseason knee surgery. Tomlin on Starks’ possible availability against Indianapolis, “I wouldn’t be surprised at all,” he said.

• Linebacker Sean Spence returned to practice two days after going down in practice with a low ankle sprain. Also, running back Jonathan Dwyer practiced after suffering a shouldler injury.

• Rookie nose tackle Alameda Ta’amu has dropped nine pounds in an effort to improve his quickness and lateral movement. The fourth-round draft pick began the season weighing 348 pounds. He said he’s trimmer, but stronger. “My plan is to do my job and not mess up,” Ta’amu said.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2431693-85/starks-tomlin-sunday-amu-list-pounds-practice-pup-returned-tackle

--------------------------

Relax Max - we'll need you later when the games count, take a seat.

Let the rooks play.