PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes Signed

Prosdo
07-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Steelers | S. Holmes agrees to terms on five-year deal
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:30:30 -0700

ESPNews reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have agreed to terms on a five-year deal with first-round pick WR Santonio Holmes. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://www.kffl.com/player/13420/NFL

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-28-2006, 06:42 PM
This is great new.........Everyone should be at camp on time.....
Hopefully Camp Cowher can set the mood and get our team geared up to defend their championship

83-Steelers-43
Heard that at 6:00 on Stan Saverns Training Camp edition. Nice to see we have everybody signed and ready to go.

Prosdo
I'm still waiting on the contract details lol Glad to have him signed though.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy. Thats cool to hear. Now hopefully Santonio can put this off-season behind him and just focus on the season.

tony hipchest
07-28-2006, 07:04 PM
before we realized he could be a bonehead we thought we were getting a talented player who could eventually help us remain sb contenders. he may have been a lousy draftpick (meaning the time he spent between april and now) but now he is officially a steeler. i have wiped the slate clean and am looking forward to him turning over a new leaf.

i was kinda expecting him to hold out. im willing to bet we got him for 5 years pretty cheap, especially if he proves he was the best wr in the draft. (1st ones taken rarely are though- that title could belong to willie) i think the competition between the 2 will be good for both and the steelers.

AKSteeler
07-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Good to hear. Not a huge fan of the things he's done of late, but I do hope he cleans up his act and puts forth a big effort during training camp. I hope to hear ONLY good things from him....time will tell.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2006, 07:21 PM
before we realized he could be a bonehead we thought we were getting a talented player who could eventually help us remain sb contenders. he may have been a lousy draftpick (meaning the time he spent between april and now) but now he is officially a steeler. i have wiped the slate clean and am looking forward to him turning over a new leaf.

i was kinda expecting him to hold out. im willing to bet we got him for 5 years pretty cheap, especially if he proves he was the best wr in the draft. (1st ones taken rarely are though- that title could belong to willie) i think the competition between the 2 will be good for both and the steelers.

I wanted the Steelers to draft Holmes. So what ever happen is in the past. I'm so looking forward to his deep speed in our offense. He will make more plays as a WR then El I'm sure of it.

tony hipchest
07-28-2006, 07:24 PM
word of advice to holmes: if ben approaches you in camp, dont shrug him off.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Agree Tony

dhosmer
07-28-2006, 07:27 PM
spectacular.

SteelShooter
07-28-2006, 07:30 PM

I don't think I could have put it any better.

Clean Slate; Nice Price I'm betting; 5yrs instead of 3; after Cowher re-adjusts Santionio's attitude.......................man, I just like the sound of SB IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLI

blitzburgher
07-28-2006, 07:38 PM
it's great everyone will be in camp ! i'm tempted to take a ride down on sunday. i think the vets will straighten out santonio so he won't get in anymore trouble. :dang:

Koopa
07-28-2006, 07:41 PM
good shit, i think ppl are overreacting with his offseason, one he got arrested for being famous in miami on a holiday, and the second one is just his bitch causing problems cause he now has money. the only thing i don't like about holmes is his stupid ass school that turns on thier players after they win a national championship. wilson might as well start looking for a new house cause after this season their will be no room for him when willie and holmes are tearing it up

tony hipchest
07-28-2006, 07:47 PM
i wouldnt underestimate c. wilson. he could still prove to be a pretty good bargain at $2 mil/year. if not hes a good cut to clear capspace for players like porter, polamaly, taylor, parker, etc. good situation for us either way.

Jeremy
07-28-2006, 08:50 PM
He made the right choice by signing before camp instead of trying to hold out. Maybe he realizes that his antics cost him a bit of money in negotiations.

BlackNGold203
07-28-2006, 09:36 PM
OK...lets get this party started!!!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
07-28-2006, 09:37 PM

The slate may not be clean with the NFL because of the charges but I'm guessing they'll go away.

I'm thinking he got about the same as he would have except his leash is really short. Time for football.

Lyn
07-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Let's just hope that during the excitement that has been his summer that he has actually managed to stay in shape between arrests and doesn't pop a hamstring during any of the tests.

Baby steps now, baby steps..... :)

SteelersMongol
07-29-2006, 03:53 AM
word of advice to holmes: if ben approaches you in camp, dont shrug him off.

Something to remember! Alwyas. :bouncy: Especially when Ben is still our QB.

HometownGal
07-29-2006, 07:40 AM
I'm happy that Santonio started his career as a Steeler off right, by showing up at camp and signing a contract. Way to go Santonio! :bouncy:

The Trib reports the details of Holmes' contract:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_463912.html

Holmes agreed to a five-year deal valued at $8.11 million, including $4.52 million in bonus dollars. The finalization of the deal ran so late, Holmes wasn't available for comment because of a 7:30 p.m. meeting. He's expected to address reporters after today's 2 p.m. running drills.

BB2W
07-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Great news!... I hope he straightens up his act.