PDA

View Full Version : Support MD steeler fans

Drizztbob
08-19-2012, 02:21 PM
So a local bar here in MD, Red Eyes Dock Bar, has decided to become a Steeler bar and announced it on their website and Facebook. Since that announcement, the Ravens fans have really showed why they are some the most classless fans in the country. The posts that they have made on Red Eyes Facebook page is downright criminal simply because they wanted to have a nice place for Steeler fans to watch the game together.

If you get the chance, please go to their page and like them for taking a stand in hostile territory and show Ravens fans what being a true football fan is all about. :tt04:

pete74
08-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Open a ravens bar in station square or the south side and you'll see the same thing though. Just being fair. With that said I will have to check that place out next time I go to MD

Drizztbob
08-19-2012, 04:17 PM
The business was getting no local support on Sundays and was struggling, now at least there will be Steeler fans watching the games.

tanda10506
08-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Completely understandable if they needed to do it for business, but I wouldn't even wan't a Ravens bar in my town, let alone in Pittsburgh. The flack they catch should be expected really, good luck to them though!

steelfury02
08-20-2012, 06:25 AM
hilarious you brought that place up - had family celebrating an anniversary there and they sent me a pic of one in/near that area - I'll have to ask if it was that place

I'll have to try and find the article - there are a few local bars in MD, south central PA, where owners aren't Steelers fans, but are renovating into a Steelers theme because they know it will up their business, at least on game days. There is a great place in New Oxford, PA called Scazzaro's. Still a lot of Ravens fans in Hanover, York, Gettysburg area (across MD line) but that place seems to be always packed, and it is in a tiny community. Lots of people travel a couple of hours from every direction to go to that place. The owners there are huge Steelers fans, though.

From my experience - there are a lot of Ravens fans that go to chains to watch games, i.e. Buffalo Wild Wings and the Green Turtle. Mom and Pop places aren't that prevalent and in general, the food isn't anything like back in the Pittsburgh area, not even close. Sure, people love their crabs (haha), but that is too much work.

I hope that place stays open for a while so I have a chance to go check it out. I def agree though - if a Ravens bar were to open up in the Western, PA area - there might even be death threats unfortunately. If the area treated its own QBs this way (Kordell, Maddox) just imagine a small group of Ratbird fans.