PDA

View Full Version : How many screeen passes were thrown last night?

TXSTEELER
08-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Did anyone notice how many screen passes last night? That one to Brown was a great one including the great downfield blocking. Alos, I thought we were going to be using a fullback in the offense? Looked like we could have used at least a lead blocker out of the backfield for when we were in the red zone.

GoFor7
08-20-2012, 12:06 PM
It doesn't look like they're opening up the playbook very much in the preseason. How often did Haley praise Heath Miller in the offseason? Miller has yet to be targetted.

Also, I think people need to temper their expectations about a fullback. I doubt we'll see one out there more than 10% of the time.

Fire Haley
08-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Fire Haley!....... bring back Arians!!

stiller39
08-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Looks like Haley kept Arians bubble screen in the play book... just saying.

Vis
08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Methinks they are testing the line play. They won't preview the no huddle for Denver.

Riddle_Of_Steel
08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, you can't read anything out of the two games so far about our offense, much as we'd like to.

I noticed they ran the same plays several times last night, with different guys substituted in the lineup to try differing combinations of players. They are still experimenting and trying different guys out in different roles.

The last two preseason games have been basically practices, albeit against an actual opponent and on TV instead of just being at St. VIncents.

Steelerfreak58
08-20-2012, 03:10 PM
Its PRESEASON folks...none of it means anything except the coaches get an idea of new talent and where to put them. Wins.... losses mean nothing.

Best thing that could happen to a team is the coaches get a good peek at upcoming guys and need areas and no one gets hurt. (we already lost Johnson...)