PDA

View Full Version : Cris Collinsworth is a blow hard

steelers33
08-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Well its been obvious for a while that the man from the Bungles has never liked the Steelers, but last night was plain asinine. Collinblowhard tried to call out Hines on a primetime national broadcast last night that was pure bull shit. If you missed it, he accused Hines of paying off refs and holding every time he blocked someone even demonstrating it on camera. He later tried to play it off, but he is savvy and knew EXACTLY what he was doing. I feel bad for Hines having to work with this jerk off, even the other announcer immediately noted on how Blow Hard attacked Hines right off the bat.

Being the man Hines is however, he brushed it off like a pro. Yet Collinblowhard then attacked him again saying the only reason Hines gets in the Hall of Fame is because of his blocking( it is going to be a big reason but Blow Hard said it in a way that underplayed Hines's receiving skills and I know for a fact Hines doesn't like that.) Then Blow Hard went on about Hines's lack of speed and then started mocking Ryan Clark about his lack of speed. No one even likes this big headed idiot anyways and he had a shitty NFL career. It is obvious he is jealous of the success we have had in the Burgh.

StainlessStill
08-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Chillax dude, haha. It's just breaking the ice. All former ball-players do it. I kind of got pissed at first when he put his hands on Hines because everyone and their mother knows Hines would tear big-bird apart.

That said, I liked what Collinsworth said later on in the broadcast. He said "..nah, joking aside, I wouldn't question you, I've SEEN what you did to Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.." or something along those lines. Translation: YOU, Hines Ward, are an absolute BADASS.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
08-20-2012, 02:35 PM
I actually like Chris Collinsworth as an announcer to be honest. People always said John Madden had an anti-Steelers bias as well, but I never saw it. The only announcer that really bothers me is Phil Simms.

Vis
08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
All he did was praise LeBeau and Ben all night long.

steelfury02
08-20-2012, 02:58 PM
What can you do to a team that is consistently so successful but pull at straws and make stuff up about its legendary players? I never saw Big Bird as a big hater, but PHIL SIMMS IS SOOOOOOOO OBVIOUS. I cannot stand him and even when he isn't hating on our Steelers, he just seems into put-downs and building himself up at others' expense. Can't question his resume, but he is my least favorite.

I'll take Madden anyday - very entertaining, as crazy as he comes across. I can understand some bitter feelings, but I feel like he has had nothing but respect for the Steelers. Him and Michaels covering XLIII was an instant classic. I always will remember Madden on Harrison's 100 yd pick 6 - "UNNNBERIEVABBBABLE!"

steelers33
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Its obvious that he hates the Steelers you can't argue that. He does it very discreetly though because he is a broadcaster. He only said Ben was a top ten qb not top five. He hates on Hines then tries to joke it off later just stuff like that. He's savvy but he's a hater, but he does like some of our guys like Troy and Tomlin. Still think he's a blowhard.

rgj
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I also thought Collinworthless' remarks with Hines Ward were highly inappropriate. He's a jerk.

I really do get tired of so-called announcers thinking THEY are the reason people tune in to watch the game. I'm tired of the idiocy displayed by most of them. I usually turn the volume down so I don't have to listen to their drivel.

tony hipchest
08-20-2012, 04:00 PM
collinsworth did a great job breaking hines in and easing him into the job. they actually seemed like old buddies who were glad to be working together for the first time. Chris led hines and didnt hog the mic. their exchanges were very fluid and natural. i only counted a misstep or 2 where hines seemed almost suprised to be given such a free opportunity to speak and he revisited and re-emphasized a point that had already passed.

great job altogether. :applaudit:

Steelerfreak58
08-20-2012, 04:06 PM
I thought he broke Hines in well. Gave him some ball busting, complimented his playing style. We all know Hines wasn't the fastest guy out there but he had solid hands and was Bens go to guy for years. Not to mention the fact everyone knew the Steelers were a run oriented team for most of Hines career. Hines will always be known as one of the best blocking receivers in the game that counts.

He is HOF bound.

stb_steeler
08-20-2012, 04:09 PM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/539194_399204916809981_1714803834_n.jpg

Steelersfan87
08-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Everybody in the media hates the Steelers, if you don't agree you're blind.

steelfury02
08-20-2012, 04:40 PM
My eeyyyyyes, I'm, I'm BLLLIIIIIIIIND

Millers the sh!t
08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
mentsI actually like Chris Collinsworth as an announcer to be honest. People always said John Madden had an anti-Steelers bias as well, but I never saw it. The only announcer that really bothers me is Phil Simms.

I like collinsworth too. Much more than madden. Madden is an idiot and was more of a comic relief to me. Chris actually explains less known things once or twice a game and I like that. Gruden is a mixture of both madden and collinsworth and I prefer him to anyone. You get the "shake your head" moments and a lot of less known things like verbage and blocking assignments option routes and defensive schemes etc.

Phil Simms can hurry up and go to hell. He ride brady's junk like its the last plain out of town. And listen how many times Jim nance is "riiiiiight!"

Fire Arians
08-20-2012, 05:12 PM
collinsworth isn't bad, don't get all the hate for him unless it's because he's a bungle

StainlessStill
08-20-2012, 05:36 PM
He knows we hate him. He joked about it, which I respect. In the beginning of the broadcast he jokingly mentioned Hines getting a warm welcome "just as they did with him" with a laugh. He's aware but he never bothered me like he did others. I think he actually praises a TON of Steelers to be honest.

That bastard Phil Simms though can suck a........

tony hipchest
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Poll Question: Which NFL broadcaster does Steelernation hate the most?

Answer: Whichever broadcaster happened to be calling the game during the Steelers last nationally televised loss.

FACT. in this case the last steelers loss was vs denver in the champ game so Phill Simms is public enemy number one. This year the steelers play the NFC east, and one of those games is bound to be nationally broadcasted by FOX. if the steelers happen to lose that game, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck will supplant Phil Simms until the next loss.

thats just the way it is. it really has nothing to do with the person calling the game. the reason the MNF broadcasters seem to draw so little ire from the steelers fans is because the steelers have an excellent record on MNF.

:rolleyes:

Fire Haley
08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
just don't talk with marbles in your mouth, that's all I ask of my sports reporters

like I give a shit what they have to say anyway

NYC_Steeler
08-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Much ado about nothing - Collinsworth was having some fun breaking in Hines, the rookie. He acts the same way with Simms and Sapp on Inside the NFL - it's just playful razzing, that's it. Collinsworth is extremely knowledgeable and a very good broadcaster compared to alot of others. He's not anti-Steeler - he was heaping praise on everybody equally.

SteelCity4Life
08-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Much ado about nothing - Collinsworth was having some fun breaking in Hines, the rookie. He acts the same way with Simms and Sapp on Inside the NFL - it's just playful razzing, that's it. Collinsworth is extremely knowledgeable and a very good broadcaster compared to alot of others. He's not anti-Steeler - he was heaping praise on everybody equally.

I totally agree.

The guy doesn't bother me one bit. I actually like hearing the familiar voice on SNF and you're more blind to not realize Collinsworth is unlike many other commentators.

Sapp on the other hand, can kiss it!

greensboro_steeler_fan
08-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I can handle Collinsworth.....but when Simms is calling the game the TV goes on mute

Hawaii 5-0
08-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Former Steelers WR Hines Ward's Sunday Night Football Debut a Memorable One

by Neal Coolong on Aug 20, 2012

It was going well for Hines Ward at the start. He looked good. Nice smile, Apollo Ohno-inspired soul patch and a borderline condescending Cris Collinsworth referring to him as "NBC's finest."

Ward told a funny story about getting stopped by Heinz Field security asking for credentials.

Then, it happened.

Collinsworth asked Ward what he thought of the Steelers offense.

"I saw more of a controlled passing attack, the offensive line has done a great job of protecting Ben this game. One thing that I'm missing is that deep threat. Not having Mike Wallace out there, I haven't seen a whole lot of shots being taken down the field. Hopefully when Mikes (sic) comes back, ya know, we can go out and, uh, you can see Mike make some big plays."

Cardinal rule of the former player in the broadcast booth. Never attach yourself to a team by using the pronoun "we."

Naturally, Steelers fans aren't going to think anything of it. The cardinal rule exists for Cowboys or Patriots (here's to you, Mr. Irvin and Mr. Bruschi) but Hines Ward can refer to the Steelers as "we" all he wants.

NBC disagreed. It was so poorly timed of a slip, they even brought him back on the air after the game for a "mea culpa" over the slip.

Poor Hines. He's probably barely even used to what he's doing, and there's little to suggest he wasn't completely serious about his comparison of being at Heinz Field but not in uniform to an episode of the Twilight Zone. He stumbles over Mike Wallace's first name, and reverts back to the team he's been a part of for the last 14 years.

All in all, not a bad start for Ward. It's not as if he caught 14 passes for 252 yards in his rookie debut on the field either.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/8/20/3255527/nbc-sunday-night-football-hines-ward-mike-wallace-broadcast-colts-preseason

steelers33
08-21-2012, 02:09 AM
I don't know maybe I just took it the wrong way I never released there was an initiation process for a broadcaster.

tony hipchest
08-21-2012, 02:25 AM
I don't know maybe I just took it the wrong way I never released there was an initiation process for a broadcaster.im guessing you are a college or HS student? :noidea:

there is in just about EVERY new job. BTW hines isnt even a broadcaster, he is an in studio analyst- he was invited into the broadcast booth as part of his initiation. :hunch:

rgj
08-21-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't know maybe I just took it the wrong way I never released there was an initiation process for a broadcaster.

What?

WVABE
08-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Chris aint that bad, but I can't staaaaaand that Joe Theismann.
Won't even watch a game that he's part of.
Nothing worse than a mouthy man.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Poll Question: Which NFL broadcaster does Steelernation hate the most?

Answer: Whichever broadcaster happened to be calling the game during the Steelers last nationally televised loss.

:
Yeah, I laugh at how most Steeler fans are all over Peter King too and think he is a Patriots homer...........but King posts this below and no Steeler fans react.

A textbook case of launching and hitting a defenseless quarterback in the helmet during the act of throwing gets $21,000? It's just wrong. That hit needed six figures or a suspension -- or both.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz24DcBo5Cw

Fire Haley
08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Whoever said Peter King doesn't suck?

teegre
08-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I laugh at how most Steeler fans are all over Peter King too and think he is a Patriots homer...........but King posts this below and no Steeler fans react.

A textbook case of launching and hitting a defenseless quarterback in the helmet during the act of throwing gets $21,000? It's just wrong. That hit needed six figures or a suspension -- or both.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/19/mmqb/index.html#ixzz24DcBo5Cw

King lives in New England... and roots for Cincy... but, he loves him some Steelers.

Well... "love" is probably the wrong word. He whole-heartedly respects the Steelers.

TheDude
08-21-2012, 06:08 PM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/539194_399204916809981_1714803834_n.jpg

:toofunny:

well played sir

:drink:

jiminpa
08-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Collinsworth isn't as bad as he used to be. Theisman makes me want to walk up behind him and snap a chicken bone every time he opens his mouth. There are a couple other lifelong losers who are biased against the Steelers that I hate to listen to too. None are as bad as Cosell used to be. He HATED the Steelers, and had never played anything in his life, and it showed. He is the one who would go on about how impossible it was to tackle Earl Campbell one on one as some Steeler was standing there waiting for him to get the handoff so he could bodyslam him, and Cosell wasn't saying it to emphasize how good the Steelers defense was, he wasn't actually watching what was going on in front of him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-21-2012, 06:45 PM
King lives in New England... and roots for Cincy... but, he loves him some Steelers.

Well... "love" is probably the wrong word. He whole-heartedly respects the Steelers.

I think King has an uncle or something that is from Penn. I still think he is a good writer, despite the majority of Steeler fans that think anybody outside of the area is biased.

wera176
08-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Anyone else remember the clip were Bettis and Collinsworth both go to a bar for their team in NY during a pregame for the Steelers and Bungles? Bettis is shown in a legit Steeler bar, packed with Steeler fans. Collinsworth is shown in a hotel bar where he is one of few (maybe the only?) patron and there like 1 little item with the Bungles on it...

I kinda liked him a little after that, able to joke about the fact there are packed Steeler bars all over the place, and no bungle bars outside of Cincy.

In fact, I live in Cincy and there is as many Steeler bars here as Bungle bars!

:drink:

teegre
08-21-2012, 06:56 PM
I think King has an uncle or something that is from Penn. I still think he is a good writer, despite the majority of Steeler fans that think anybody outside of the area is biased.

He has watched (many) games from The Rooney's box.

And, on his weekly ESPN radio talk with Colin Cowherd, he lauds the Steelers.

And, he has joked about growing up a Bungles fan... and wishing that he had grown up as a Steelers fan.

tony hipchest
08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
his wife is from pittsburgh and his in-laws still live there.

and joe theesman is just fine other than he probably announced a game that the steelers had lost in the past.

MACH1
08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Can't believe nobody's brought up Dierdork yet. I'd rather listen to Collinsworth all day long than captain obvious dierdorf.

FrancoLambert
08-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Let's cut to the quick, all the talking heads suck.
Most just want to out-talk the other.
Color analysts are supposed to "add" not dominate.
But none of them seem to get it.
Try watching with the volume off, it's not that bad if you're watching with knowledgeable fans, Steeler fans of course.
The pre-game shows are the ultimate joke, 5 or 6 jerks laughing their heads off at inside jokes and put-downs of one another.

teegre
08-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Can't believe nobody's brought up Dierdork yet. I'd rather listen to Collinsworth all day long than captain obvious dierdorf.

You said it, brother.

Here are some Dierdorff-isms. They are like Yogi-isms... except neither witty nor clever.

"The grass is usually green... except in the end-zones."
"The running back's primary job is to run."
"The team with the most points usually wins."

jiminpa
08-22-2012, 02:24 PM
If it weren't for the variations in the delay, I'd listen to Tunch/Wolf/Hillgrove. But the radio and TV delays don't match up anymore.

TRH
08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Collinsworth does throw out the occasional out-of-line insult toward us....but in actual FACT, for the most part (actually almost always), he praises us and most of our players to the moon. No other announcer in the league comes even close to dishing out praise to the Steelers as much as Collinsworth does.
I actually like him. No matter what the team..he'll call somebody out for doing something stupid...which is getting rare these days as many of the broadcasters are becoming "sports apologists" who make excuses for everything.

tony hipchest
08-29-2012, 12:39 AM
i am just now realizing (watching replay on nfl network) that terry bradshaw was in the broadcast booth along with troy aikman and joe buck for the denver vs san fran game this last sunday.

like me, some here may remember TB cutting his post playing career teeth in the broadcast booth.

i enjoy his work, but realize that the fans of 31 other teams regard him as a suck ass, pencil necked, retarded, blowhard.

is he on anyone elses list of "most hated" broadcasters? i think he's still got it as the 3rd guy in the bootth. "booth" terry is a much different (and serious) character than "studio" terry.