PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote gonna get fined?

Fire Arians
08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
What's the over and under on this one?

He plays for the Steelers, and he gave someone else a concussion. I'll bet money he gets a fine from goodell, even though it wasn't a helmet to helmet hit or a cheap shot.

Atlanta Dan
08-20-2012, 07:42 PM
What's the over and under on this one?

He plays for the Steelers, and he gave someone else a concussion. I'll bet money he gets a fine from goodell, even though it wasn't a helmet to helmet hit or a cheap shot.

Yep - Goodell responds to be being accused of lowballing the Rodgers-Cromartie fine for the hit on Leftwich by suspending Foote for the opener in Denver:banging:

MACH1
08-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Thats just effing great.

GBMelBlount
08-20-2012, 07:48 PM
I guess what bothers me is that something like this can even be considered when compared to the flagrant hit on lefty which only resulted in a fine. These things happen when the defensive player and target are both moving at high speed and judging intent is often VERY subjective.

Lefty was a relatively still target and this guy purposely left his feet and launched himself with clear intent to hit lefty in the head. There is simply no question in my mind. THAT is the type of action that needs to be severely punished (if anything) in order to set an example imo.

Maybe I'm just a homer on this one.

SteelCity4Life
08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I guess what bothers me is that something like this can even be considered when compared to the flagrant hit on lefty which only resulted in a $21,000 fine. These things happen when the defensive player and target are both moving at high speed and judging intent is often VERY subjective.

Lefty was a relatively still target and this guy purposely left his feet and launched himself with clear intent to hit lefty in the head. THAT is the type of action that needs to be severely punished in order to set an example.

Nah, I honestly think you were nail and hammer with this post. :thumbsup:

Didn't look very fragrant to me. The announcers didn't seem to think much of it either. But I wouldn't be surprised knowing Goodell.

Why does EVERY SINGLE hit have to reviewed? Way to go pu22y about a sport meant to be hard hitting and dangerous.

GoFor7
08-20-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.stillers.com/UserFiles/Images/Trenches/AdolfGoodell-01.png

In Reaktion auf Larry Foote Hit auf Austin Collie, werden die Pittsburgh Steelers verlieren alle 16 Spiele und müssen Feldmarschall Kraft anzubeten. James Harrison wird auch $ 5000000000 bestraft werden!

HEIL GOODELL!

Millers the sh!t
08-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I bet nothing comes of it.. 20$ any takers?

Bayz101
08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
I guess what bothers me is that something like this can even be considered when compared to the flagrant hit on lefty which only resulted in a fine. These things happen when the defensive player and target are both moving at high speed and judging intent is often VERY subjective.

Lefty was a relatively still target and this guy purposely left his feet and launched himself with clear intent to hit lefty in the head. There is simply no question in my mind. THAT is the type of action that needs to be severely punished (if anything) in order to set an example imo.

Not only are you right, being a homer has nothing to do with it. Other teams message boards we're talking about how bad the hit on Lefty was.

Steelersfan87
08-20-2012, 09:09 PM
I will have no issue if Foote gets fined. He struck a defenseless player in the head with a forearm. That's what the rules are and that's how they're enforced. It has nothing to do with being a Steeler.

Hawaii 5-0
08-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Steelers LB Larry Foote Might Face Fine For Hit On Austin Collie

Monday, August 20th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

According to Phil Wilson of the Indianapolis Star on Twitter, Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano said on Monday that it is up to league to decide whether or not Pittsburgh Steelers inside linebacker Larry Foote deserves punishment for his high hit in the head on wide receiver Austin Collie Sunday night.

The play in question happened about mid way through the first quarter as Collie attempted to catch a pass from Colts quarterback Andrew Luck. Initially Collie looked to have possession of the football, but he appeared to drop the ball after he was then sandwiched between cornerback Ike Taylor and Foote.

Replays show that Foote had lowered his right shoulder and forearm and he made contact with the helmet of Collie as he was going down. The play was reversed from a catch to an incomplete pass after Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin challenged the ruling on the field that the play resulted in a catch.

Collie stayed down on the field for a little while and had to leave the game to be checked for a concussion. He never returned to action.

On Thursday Collie was deemed day-to-day by Pagano, who added that the receiver will undergo several tests. Pagano did also say that Collie reportedly "felt good" when he showed up at the teams' facility on Monday.

The hit by Foote did not look egregious in nature, but regardless, it is more than likely that Foote will be fined as the league continues to send a message concerning any and all shots to the head on players.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/steelers-lb-larry-foote-might-face-fine-for-hit-on-austin-collie/

Galax Steeler
08-21-2012, 03:33 AM
What is up with this if he had took his helmet to him I could see it. In my opinion should not be fined and being a Steeler has nothing to do with it.

steelfury02
08-21-2012, 08:08 AM
However, the fact it is a Steeler will get the media circus churning a little more than it did with Rodgers-Cromartie's hit

My question is - is Foote a first-time offender? Or has he been fined at any point in the last few seasons? If they are going to lower the fine-hammer on him, should it be lower or higher than Rodgers-Cromartie's?

Bayz101
08-21-2012, 08:35 AM
James Harrison: That's called reaching!! No fine!

Chris Hoke: u gotta be kidding me. Just playin Steeler ball!

GoFor7
08-21-2012, 10:18 AM
James Harrison: That's called reaching!! No fine!

Chris Hoke: u gotta be kidding me. Just playin Steeler ball!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QkR9-UHsCoA/Ti-jM5xsUlI/AAAAAAAAAUY/fiNVlHAQOAA/s1600/AdolfGoodell-01.png

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

steelfury02
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Was ist falsch meiner glorreichen Führer?

GoFor7
08-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Was ist falsch meiner glorreichen Führer?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QkR9-UHsCoA/Ti-jM5xsUlI/AAAAAAAAAUY/fiNVlHAQOAA/s1600/AdolfGoodell-01.png

Was ist falsch ist, dass die Steelers nicht leck mich am Arsch, wie Feldmarschall Kraft tut! Deshalb habe ich Spygate unter den Teppich gekehrt! Bis sie mich verehren in jeder Praxis Ich erlaube billigen Schüsse auf Ben Roethlisberger und feine James Harrison mehr, als er sich leisten kann!

HEIL GOODELL!

steelfury02
08-21-2012, 11:22 AM
ROFLFAO - I don't even need to respond to this.

Hawaii 5-0
08-21-2012, 01:30 PM
then this helmet to helmet hit on Chris Rainey needs a fine also...

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=SXtCI IuVeWH4vpAjBxDMwc$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtltTnU8AmfQkc dX0KWCpSOWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Fire Haley
08-21-2012, 01:37 PM
then this helmet to helmet hit on Chris Rainey needs a fine also...

was that on a pass or a run?

helmet to helmet rules don't apply to runners running the ball

truesteelerfan
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
was that on a pass or a run?

helmet to helmet rules don't apply to runners running the ball

Yet......

Steelersfan87
08-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Rainey was a runner on that play, yes. Hence why Harrison was fined for his hit on Massaquoi but not Cribbs.