PDA

View Full Version : Key loss is blocking back Johnson

SteelerJay
08-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Really feel the loss of David Johnson weakens the running game. That said, I would play Redman as the fullback, Dwyer as the tailback, to minimize the loss of Johnson.

Steelersfan87
08-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Will Johnson is the new fullback, and from what I understand, the coaches are not actually really even letting on how much they like him. I doubt Redman will find himself in too many 2 back sets with Johnson not being one of them.

tony hipchest
08-21-2012, 10:01 PM
i asked this of jim wexell today-

do you get the feeling Heath Miller will be a weapon unleashed upon the NFL, or just the same ol average, ho-hum, TE status quo?

his response-

James C Wexell‏@jimwexell

@Steelers_Fever I talked to Heath today. Doesn't care about stats and he probably will be needed to block without DJ. But he's never hohum.

while i hate the thought of heath playing HB/FB or whatever, i hate the thought of him being taken off the field completely, even more.

if he can do the same job, i'd much rather see him in there than a FB or 4th WR in sub packages.

Hawaii 5-0
08-21-2012, 11:54 PM
I watched Will Johnson very closely against the Colts and thought he blocked quite well...

Steelersfan87
08-22-2012, 01:22 AM
I watched Will Johnson very closely against the Colts and thought he blocked quite well...

Agreed. Much better than McCoy. McCoy does not have a runner's vision. There were at least 2 (of very few) plays where his play from out of the backfield led to a negative play.