PDA

View Full Version : Goodell unwelcome at Vilma's restaurant

stuck_in_VA
08-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Saw this on the "worldwide leader of sports" network. Sorry If I posted in the wrong section.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/62003/video-goodell-unwelcome-at-vilmas-place

I can't (well, I can) believe Steven A. Idiot's argument for Vilma posting the sign. Vilma's sign has NOTHING to do with our country's history of racism/discrimination. Of course he is known for making a performance every time he's on the air, but all Vilma did was simply state his dislike for Goodell and provide a means to make it known (again).

I laughed when I saw this. Stick it to the Fuhrer, Vilma!

Sharkissle29
08-22-2012, 11:40 AM
I do not see the racism in it either, I think Steven A is making it a racial issue...

That is why they get paid the big bucks at the "worldwide leader of sports."

steelfury02
08-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm waiting for De Fuhrer to respond to this thread . . .

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-22-2012, 12:22 PM
I heard the menu at that place is a Beast!!

GoFor7
08-22-2012, 12:30 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QkR9-UHsCoA/Ti-jM5xsUlI/AAAAAAAAAUY/fiNVlHAQOAA/s1600/AdolfGoodell-01.png

Wie wagen Jonathan Vilma verbieten mir von seinem Restaurant! Weiß er nicht, wer ich bin? Ich bin Ihr Führer! Diese Empörung wird nicht ungestraft bleiben! James Harrison wird 100000000000000000000000000 $ Geldstrafe und die Steelers nach London bewegt werden! Rufen Feldmarschall Kraft! Wir werden dies mit der New England Patriots feiern!

http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/tom-brady-gay.jpg?w=180

Oooohhhh! Mein Fuhrer wants to have a party with us!? That sounds FABULOUS!

mikegrimey
08-22-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't find the sign offensive or even provocative.

Although I do find the allusions to the NFL commissioner as a Nazi uncouth and stupid.

austinfrench76
08-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't agree with the race thing neccessarily but Stephan A has a point. Just sayin...

steelfury02
08-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Alles ist entlang der westlichen Ordnung, PA vorne o Erhabener Führer

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2010/12/Spygate.jpg

GoFor7
08-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Alles ist entlang der westlichen Ordnung, PA vorne o Erhabener Führer

http://boston.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2010/12/Spygate.jpg

http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/tom-brady-gay.jpg?w=180

Coach Bill you silly, quit worrying about those Steelers and help me pick out a cute outfit to wear!

TheDude
08-22-2012, 04:21 PM
i agree with Skip. Vilma believes he is innocent...or at least not guilty of a crime worth a year suspension.

I think Vilma hasnt come out and apologized for the poster, because he is trying to draw attention to his case. Whether intentionally or not, Vilma is also giving people another reason to really have the opportunity to focus on Goodell and analyze his judgement.

See, that's the problem. His judgement is treated as the word of God in NFL matters.

He is all knowing. It is futile to question Him. As a matter of fact, merely questioning Him is offensive and ungrateful (think of all He has done for you). And furthermore, there is no force powerful enough in the universe to over rule Him.

How sad is it...the previous paragraph LITERALLY describes Goodell's authority. Not exaggerations. Not stretching the truth.

I 100% support anything that shines light on Goodell.

Sunlight, as they say, is the best disinfectant.

Except when cleaning my dirty undies Dude....the whites.

Fire Arians
08-22-2012, 04:24 PM
goodell would be unwelcome at my house too

Hawaii 5-0
08-22-2012, 04:32 PM
goodell would be unwelcome at my house too

I'd love to prepare a meal for Herr Goodell and include some special secret ingredients just for him...:wink02:

GoFor7
08-22-2012, 04:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QkR9-UHsCoA/Ti-jM5xsUlI/AAAAAAAAAUY/fiNVlHAQOAA/s1600/AdolfGoodell-01.png

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't agree with the race thing neccessarily but Stephan A has a point. Just sayin...

I agree. As a black man in America, Vilma should have an understanding of the history and what connotations that "not serving" a man in a restaurant has.

In the spirit of freedom, just serve the man, but you can always instruct the staff to sprinkle his food with pubic hair. :drink:

tony hipchest
08-22-2012, 05:50 PM
In the spirit of freedom, just serve the man, but you can always instruct the staff to sprinkle his food with pubic hair. :drink:

:sofunny:

"I wouldnt serve him a plate of his own shit if he were starving".(or something like that) :chuckle:

-james harrison

tanda10506
08-22-2012, 06:08 PM
deleted by me...good post just never feel comfortable talking about that stuff

GoFor7
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j-uDN7TIas

stuck_in_VA
08-22-2012, 06:43 PM
:sofunny:

"I wouldnt serve him a plate of his own shit if he were starving".(or something like that) :chuckle:

-james harrison

I think it was along the lines of "If he was on fire and I had to piss on him to put it out, I wouldn't do it."

MasterOfPuppets
08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
See, that's the problem. His judgement is treated as the word of God in NFL matters.

people fail to take into account that goodell has the blessing of his 32 bosses on all matters.
they were the ones who hired him..they were the ones who thought he deserved a new contract.

BGSU A Dub
08-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Goodell... SMH

TheDude
08-23-2012, 10:19 AM
people fail to take into account that goodell has the blessing of his 32 bosses on all matters.
they were the ones who hired him..they were the ones who thought he deserved a new contract.

Im with you on that...but he doesnt have the authority to suspend or fine the owners on a whim...he is nothing more than a hired henchman

OX1947
08-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Im with you on that...but he doesnt have the authority to suspend or fine the owners on a whim...he is nothing more than a hired henchman

Goodell is the worst thing the Rooney's have done in the 80 years they have been involved in the NFL. As well as the other owners. Goodell has systematically destroyed the culture of football across the country and it will only get worse. He may have not done it on purpose, but he has started it. Goodell has zero people skills and zero knowledge of HOW people think. If he knew this, he would know what he is doing is creating a forum for people to take advantage of football not only in the NFL, but in Pop Warner, High School and College. Once the trend grows to an infamnia, then you will see pop warner leagues, high school football and small colleges eliminate football from the landscape.

The NFL is being sued for 10 gagillion dollars by 3000 former players, whom most were decorated athletes who without the NFL, would have probably been selling brake pads in midwest cities and had zero notoriety in every capacity instead of being former NFL stars or players. Imagine if its people who have nothing like that and can take advantage of a small school system that has budget issues already. It will be a nightmare and it is already happening.

I pray that we can sustain his garbage for 5 more years until his contract runs out, and then get someone in here who knows what the hell their doing.

TheDude
08-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Goodell is the worst thing the Rooney's have done in the 80 years they have been involved in the NFL. As well as the other owners. Goodell has systematically destroyed the culture of football across the country and it will only get worse. He may have not done it on purpose, but he has started it. Goodell has zero people skills and zero knowledge of HOW people think. If he knew this, he would know what he is doing is creating a forum for people to take advantage of football not only in the NFL, but in Pop Warner, High School and College. Once the trend grows to an infamnia, then you will see pop warner leagues, high school football and small colleges eliminate football from the landscape.

The NFL is being sued for 10 gagillion dollars by 3000 former players, whom most were decorated athletes who without the NFL, would have probably been selling brake pads in midwest cities and had zero notoriety in every capacity instead of being former NFL stars or players. Imagine if its people who have nothing like that and can take advantage of a small school system that has budget issues already. It will be a nightmare and it is already happening.

I pray that we can sustain his garbage for 5 more years until his contract runs out, and then get someone in here who knows what the hell their doing.

here here

Vis
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
here here

hear hear

CargoJon
08-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Roger Goodell isn't worthy to like Paul Tagliabue's or Pete Rozelle's ball sweat.

The man is a tyrant, power hunger egomaniac. I'm shocked he hasn't tried to suspend the judge yet from the Vilma case....'conduct detrimental to the league."

EbonySteel86
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I would eat there and bring my autograph book. I'm sure there would be a lot and I mean A LOT of NFL players there. LOL

Vis
08-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Roger Goodell isn't worthy to like Paul Tagliabue's or Pete Rozelle's ball sweat.
."

That's too bad since that's what Vilma's restaurant would serve him if he showed up.

Bayz101
08-24-2012, 04:17 AM
hear hear

har har