PDA

View Full Version : SI's photos "AFC North: Impact Newcomers"

SteelersMongol
07-29-2006, 07:51 AM
What would be your guess on why SI didn't include nobody from the Steelers on their AFC North: Impact Newcomers photos? :bouncy: As usual, I was looking for some nice photos and brief news on the Steelers, and when I found this I was as so disappointed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0607/gallery.afcnorth/content.1.html

BTW, I don't think this was posted here, if it's here you guys can delete it.

BlackNGold203
07-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Anthony Wright...impact?.....LMAO......

siss
07-29-2006, 11:27 AM
I love that the media doenst pay much attention to us. We do well with the underdog thing. Besides that if the media did fall in love with us would you really like? I would get sick of us really quickly!

BlackNGold203
07-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Do we really have any impact newcomers? We don't need them...we're Super Bowl Champions.

Our biggest free agent pickup was Ryan Clark--very good player, but not a superstar. Our draft picks are more for the long term than for immediate impact.

I'm willing to bet Clark has a greater impact than Anthony freakin Wright....or Sam Adams....LOL...and DEFINITELY more than Lecharles Bentley....

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 11:45 AM
We let's see. One of the ten is already done for the season. And it's very hard for me to believe that Willie Mac will have much of impact playing 2 plays a game with his walker.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Anthony Wright...impact?.....LMAO......

Out of these "Impact" players I might take three and all three have a caveat...Jurevicius (who has never had more than 700 yards in a season) Pryce (who, though is still good, is on the downside of his career) and Anderson (who will probably be misused by the Ravens)

Everyone else flls into one of these categories.

Geriatric: Mcnair, Adams, McGinest
Wont play: Bentley
Overrated: Jackson & Wright (If Wright IS rated...he is overrated)
Never has played: Ngata (the token "lets pull a rookie out of the hat" pick)

90% of the folks in this forum could make a better "Impact" list...:dang:

SteelersMongol
07-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Do we really have any impact newcomers? We don't need them...we're Super Bowl Champions.

Our biggest free agent pickup was Ryan Clark--very good player, but not a superstar. Our draft picks are more for the long term than for immediate impact.

I love that the media doenst pay much attention to us. We do well with the underdog thing. Besides that if the media did fall in love with us would you really like? I would get sick of us really quickly!

AGREED. :cool: