PDA

View Full Version : Fullback?

TXSTEELER
08-25-2012, 03:27 PM
I thought that Haley was going ti be using a fullback this year. With our recent failures in the "red zone" I would think he would want to get some beef in front of the rb.

GoFor7
08-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Steelers fans got overly excited when the heard Haley would have a FB in his offense. In reality, I wouldn't expect to see a FB out there more than 10% of the time in a given game. Though it is somewhat surprising we're not seeing them used in the redzone more. Perhaps more practice for the offensive line?

Fire Arians
08-25-2012, 03:59 PM
with colon and decastro we might not really need one

sluggermatt15
08-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Steelers fans got overly excited when the heard Haley would have a FB in his offense. In reality, I wouldn't expect to see a FB out there more than 10% of the time in a given game. Though it is somewhat surprising we're not seeing them used in the redzone more. Perhaps more practice for the offensive line?

What about when they line up in goaline - three TE, two RB - who is the lead blocker?

I miss the days of Dan Kreider. That guy was THE man when it came to FB.

steeltheone
08-25-2012, 07:16 PM
We will never be " That " team again...But i think as our OL evolves we will get closer ...

sluggermatt15
08-25-2012, 07:31 PM
We will never be " That " team again...But i think as our OL evolves we will get closer ...

You're right. I guess I am used to the old smash mouth Steelers running game that it's hard for me to accept they aren't using a full-time FB. I assume evolving to a more frequent passing offense leads to less FB time.

LVSteelersfan
08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Crap, we may not have DeCastro. So we do need to have that FB because Foster is not DeCastro.

Steelersfan87
08-25-2012, 11:09 PM
What about when they line up in goaline - three TE, two RB - who is the lead blocker?

Will Johnson.

Hawaii 5-0
08-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Will Johnson.

I would prefer Doug Legursky at FB on the goal line or in short-yardage situations...