PDA

View Full Version : More no-huddle please...

GoFor7
08-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Title says it all. Ben excels on it.

Hawaii 5-0
08-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Title says it all. Ben excels on it.

Haley may not want to show the no-huddle in preseason and allow teams like the Broncos to game plan for it...

tanda10506
08-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Looked real good. Quick releases on all the plays towards the end.

GoFor7
08-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Haley may not want to show the no-huddle in preseason and allow teams like the Broncos to game plan for it...

I know. Preseason means nothing but come regular season I'd like to see it more often.

Hawaii 5-0
08-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I know. Preseason means nothing but comes regular season I'd like to see it more often.

I heard several reports out of camp that the offense was spending a lot of time working on the no-huddle. Ben loves to run it, I'm betting we see a lot of it this season...

Hawaii 5-0
08-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Big Ben shreds Buffalo Bills on 98-yard scoring drive

By Marc Sessler
Published: Aug. 25, 2012

With 15 days to go until his team plays a meaningful game, Ben Roethlisberger already was in regular-season mode.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback sunk a knife into the Buffalo Bills on Saturday night with a two-minute drill for the (preseason) ages.

Starting on Pittsburgh's 2-yard line with just 1:46 remaining in the first half, Big Ben marched the Steelers on an 11-play, 98-yard drive in 1:33, capped by a 6-yard touchdown strike to Antonio Brown. Roethlisberger was 7-for-8 passing for 92 yards on a frantic run in which Bills coach Chan Gailey seemed to age seven years.

Roethlisberger's touchdown toss gave Pittsburgh a seven-point lead at halftime, and they eventually won 38-7.

"Well, I called the plays, and I can see what's going on defense," Roethlisberger told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kimberly Jones at halftime. "Guys made great plays. We had a running back make a catch on the sideline like a receiver. We utilized the middle of the field, guys got out of bounds and it saved us time. We only had one timeout, and we didn't have to use it until we got all the way down. So I think it was a pretty successful drive for us."

We've been beaten to near-death with cautionary words about offensive coordinator Todd Haley's run-heavy attack. When it mattered Saturday night, the Steelers' offense became Big Ben's playground. And that's really when this team shines.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000054874/article/big-ben-shreds-buffalo-bills-on-98yard-scoring-drive

fastscirocco
08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
I am kicking myself for missing this game! Sounds like an awesome game!

Goldsteel86
08-26-2012, 10:41 AM

You Sir have made a very good point!!!!!!! :applaudit:

FanSince72
08-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Last year, I wrote that I thought Ben should be allowed to call his own plays (like Bradshaw used to do) and that I thought our offense would improve because of it.

The Buffalo shellacking may only be one game, but I thought Jamison Hensley's comment in his "AFC North" blog on ESPN.com was interesting.

He wrote:
"On Friday night, Roethlisberger was 10 of 16 for 77 yards with Haley calling the plays (a quarterback rating of 74.2). When Roethlisberger decided to call the plays, which came two plays after the Steelers were flagged for 12 men in the huddle, he was 7 of 8 for 92 yards and one touchdown (a rating of 154.1)."

I've always said that Ben is more of a "sandlot" player than a structured, "follow-orders" type. I just hope that Haley recognizes this and allows Ben to spread his wings more often because that's when he does his best work. Ben is in many ways a throwback - a player who is more comfortable being "in the moment" than with any specific game plan and I just hope that Haley's ego doesn't get in the way of that.

bigbenzbrokenose
08-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Big Ben is slowly declining now. We had a good run, time to hand it over to the ravens and bengals

Goldsteel86
08-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Big Ben is slowly declining now. We had a good run, time to hand it over to the ravens and bengals

Go smoke pole and get off this board, no wait a minute please don't go anywhere, we all need a good chuckle, your line of thinking even if for a TROLL is comical, but be careful what you wish or suggest for others, it just may end up on your team!!!!!!

Bayz101
08-26-2012, 01:04 PM

Really dude? You're a keeper..

Goldsteel86
08-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Really dude? You're a keeper..

Dude, you are right, some lady should take this genius home to meet mama!!!!! :hug:

tony hipchest
08-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Big Ben is slowly declining now. We had a good run, time to hand it over to the ravens and bengalsyou had a good run with your 2 posts but are declining now. its time to shut it down so a less idiotic poster can have their 2 posts of fame in the spotlight. :hatsoff:

Lady Steel
08-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I've always said that Ben is more of a "sandlot" player than a structured, "follow-orders" type. I just hope that Haley recognizes this and allows Ben to spread his wings more often because that's when he does his best work. Ben is in many ways a throwback - a player who is more comfortable being "in the moment" than with any specific game plan and I just hope that Haley's ego doesn't get in the way of that.

Yep. As long it's working, let him do his thing.

GoFor7
08-28-2012, 11:19 AM
From Steeler Addicts:

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/2012/08/steelers-need-to-let-ben-be-ben/#more-6728

Steelers>NFL
08-28-2012, 01:09 PM
:blah: Do NOT feed the TROLL! :blah: