PDA

View Full Version : Old Browns vs New Browns

Lyn
07-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I just haven't been able to bring myself to despise the new Browns as much as the old Browns. That's probably because they haven't been a threat at all since coming back into the league. Bentley is (was) a huge step in the right direction for them, and I would have loved watching the Bentley/Hampton battles during the games against them this year. Maybe Bentley can gain some optimism by using Hampton as a role model. Casey came back from a blown out knee and scarcely missed a beat. I'll look forward to watching them battle next year.
They have the right coach in place and are assembling some formidable talent, so I don't think it'll be too much longer until I go back to hating them again.:)

Jeremy
07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
It's just the same in their new stadium. There was nothing like a Browns/Steelers game in old Memorial Stadium. The new stadiums are wonderful, but they don't have a history to them yet.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2006, 12:55 PM
I just haven't been able to bring myself to despise the new Browns as much as the old Browns. That's probably because they haven't been a threat at all since coming back into the league. Bentley is (was) a huge step in the right direction for them, and I would have loved watching the Bentley/Hampton battles during the games against them this year. Maybe Bentley can gain some optimism by using Hampton as a role model. Casey came back from a blown out knee and scarcely missed a beat. I'll look forward to watching them battle next year.
They have the right coach in place and are assembling some formidable talent, so I don't think it'll be too much longer until I go back to hating them again.:)

I still can't stand the Browns since it is Cleveland. But I know whay you are saying it just hasn't been the same since the Browns have been back in the NFL. I hate the Ravens more since they are the orginal Browns and have been our biggest threat for the division until the recent rise of the Bengals last year. I'm starting to hate the Bengals more then Browns. Maybe oneday the Steelers/Browns rivalry will be back to it was in the good old days.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-29-2006, 07:59 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. But when Reuben Droughns knocked Chris Hope on his butt and charged him for the 5 yard ride last season it was like the old times again. :boxing:

Raider Nation
07-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Brown is Brown and no matter what they do, you still need to flush them down:chuckle:

LambertIsGod58
07-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Brown is Brown and no matter what they do, you still need to flush them down:chuckle:

These are my sediments exactly....Too many things I remember.....Turkey Jones dropping Bradshaw on his neck forcing him to miss most of the 1976 season. I was very, very young during the those days, but can not forget how much Cleveland is hated.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2006, 07:51 AM
These are my sediments exactly....Too many things I remember.....Turkey Jones dropping Bradshaw on his neck forcing him to miss most of the 1976 season. I was very, very young during the those days, but can not forget how much Cleveland is hated.

My Dad was at that game when Turkey did that to Terry. My Dad said it was one of the most horrible things he ever saw. He really thought Terry broke his neck. But the rivalry between the Browns/Steelers hasn't been the same. I still hate the Browns. Since it is Cleveland. But I really look forward and can't wait to beat the living crap out of the Ravens every year. The Bengals are getting up there now after last year. Maybe one day if the Browns ever can put a quality pro team together. Then maybe the rivalry will get back to where it was in the good old days.

LambertIsGod58
07-30-2006, 08:17 AM
It was bad.....he flopped around like chicken with it's head cut off. But, fortunately enought, it didn't really impact the season.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2006, 08:20 AM
It was bad.....he flopped around like chicken with it's head cut off. But, fortunately enought, it didn't really impact the season.

Thats exactly what my Dad said. Hey Lambert where you a member of about football for awhile? If so you might remember me. My screen name is DFN32.

LambertIsGod58
07-30-2006, 08:38 AM
No man....what is this about football? I coulda been...doesn't sound familiar though.

LambertIsGod58
07-30-2006, 08:39 AM
By the way, I'll have to scan the picture I got taken a year ago with my son and Franco. Franco was cool as hell...Always one of my favorites of all time.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2006, 08:41 AM
No man....what is this about football? I coulda been...doesn't sound familiar though.

About football is just a forum to talk football. Its funny there was a guy that the screen name LamertIsGod and was from New York. So I thought it was you.

Stlrs4Life
07-30-2006, 10:49 AM

Exactly, I don't care when they came back. They still have the dirt ball fans that are disluisional. I don't like the Ravens because they were in that filthy city.

j-dawg
07-30-2006, 02:23 PM
i like the browns... but i guess that's a bit obvious!

SteelerzGirl
07-30-2006, 09:27 PM
I hate all teams in our division... Browns, Ravens, Bengals... But the Browns the most! Old Browns, new Browns... It is what it is and dawgs are dawgs!

Stillers#1
07-30-2006, 09:31 PM
I am gettin to the point that I hate the Bengals the most, but only because their fans think they did something last year by winning the division. Drives me nuts.

HometownGal
07-31-2006, 07:09 AM
I have no particular feeling one way or the other on the Browns, as they have been a non-factor for so long I kind of got used to it, though I do miss the fierce rivalry from the old days. I've hated the Ravens ever since Art Modell moved the Browns to Barf-a-more and that feeling hasn't fluctuated one bit. If it wears purple, crush it- LOL!

Even though Browns fans can be annoying as hell at times, I have to give them props because most of them are fiercely loyal to their team and have been for decades, unlike the get on the bandwagon fans of other teams that have a couple of good seasons. I've always liked Romeo Crennel and think he has the capability to turn this team around with a better offense. Watch out for the Browns' defense this season - good FF sleeper. :smile:

SteelerzGirl
07-31-2006, 08:59 AM
i like the browns... but i guess that's a bit obvious!

I like you j-dawg! :smile: But the majority of Browns fans are mean and nasty. Not very bright either.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-31-2006, 11:43 AM
I like you j-dawg! :smile: But the majority of Browns fans are mean and nasty. Not very bright either.

You don't even like that big fat guy that wears a dog mask? Ok you right he is even a dork to.:bouncy:

SteelCityMan786
07-31-2006, 11:48 AM
It's just the same in their new stadium. There was nothing like a Browns/Steelers game in old Memorial Stadium. The new stadiums are wonderful, but they don't have a history to them yet.

Cleveland Browns Stadium at least.:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

LambertIsGod58
07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Here is that old clip of what The Brown's Turkey Jones did to Bradshaw in 1976

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNN3PgyVps

SteelerzGirl
08-01-2006, 09:11 AM
You don't even like that big fat guy that wears a dog mask? Ok you right he is even a dork to.:bouncy:

:sofunny:

SteelerFanInCA
08-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Here is that old clip of what The Brown's Turkey Jones did to Bradshaw in 1976

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNN3PgyVps
Nice find. Now that's old school there. That crap probably wouldn't be happening in this day and age.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-01-2006, 05:35 PM
I live in Cleveland so I hate the Browns with a passion being around thier fans all the time.

98% of Browns fans are rude,crude,classless *******s (and that includes my dad a lot of the time).

HburgXL06
08-01-2006, 05:57 PM
We have the browns to thank for every team that we hate and hates us in our division. The browns started it with the original rivalry. Then Paul Brown formed the bengals in Cincinnati to retaliate to Art Modell. Then Art Modell moves the browns to Bmore and turned them into the ravens. Then the NFL allowed an expansion team in Cleveland to again be called the browns. Out of one team we have three, all of which hate us and all of which start every season aiming their hate, frustration, and force towards us first and foremost. We handle each wit stride and take them down one by one. If they win one game against us a year it is sad but we understand that football is more than just one game against one rival and we have a whole season (and hopefully playoffs) to worry about. We aim every year for Lombardi, it is just sad that our rivals in the division don't feel the same way.

BuFu

j-dawg
08-01-2006, 08:31 PM
We have the browns to thank for every team that we hate and hates us in our division. The browns started it with the original rivalry. Then Paul Brown formed the bengals in Cincinnati to retaliate to Art Modell. Then Art Modell moves the browns to Bmore and turned them into the ravens. Then the NFL allowed an expansion team in Cleveland to again be called the browns. Out of one team we have three, all of which hate us and all of which start every season aiming their hate, frustration, and force towards us first and foremost. We handle each wit stride and take them down one by one. If they win one game against us a year it is sad but we understand that football is more than just one game against one rival and we have a whole season (and hopefully playoffs) to worry about. We aim every year for Lombardi, it is just sad that our rivals in the division don't feel the same way.

BuFu

bufu... now i think you're one cool cat... but i'm pretty sure every team in the nfl strives for the lombardi every year...