PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Reduce Roster to 75

Steelers>NFL
08-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Steelers Reduce Roster to 75
Posted 40 minutes ago

a a The Steelers released 15 players today, reducing their roster to the league-mandated 75 players prior to today’s 4 p.m. deadline.

The 15 players released include linebacker Ryan Baker, defensive tackle Mike Blanc, wide receiver Paul Cox, cornerback Andre Freeman, kicker Daniel Hrapmann, linebacker Mortty Ivy (Waived/Injured List), offensive lineman Kyle Jolly, long snapper Matt Katula, tight end Jamie McCoy, cornerback Walter McFadden, tight end Justin Peelle, safety Myron Rolle, wide receiver Juamorris Stewart, defensive tackle Kade Weston and wide receiver Jimmy Young.

The Steelers host the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night in the preseason finale for both teams. Pittsburgh must reduce its roster to 53 players by Friday at 9 p.m.

stuck_in_VA
08-27-2012, 11:14 AM
welp, guess that means Sushi is our kicker.

In other news, watching NFLN right now and they said Vince Young expected to be released today by the Bills. He just can't find that DreamTeam!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm really hoping that Robert Golden makes the 53. I think he can be the heir to Ryan Clark and learn from RC25 while he is here.

TRH
08-27-2012, 11:33 AM
welp, guess that means Sushi is our kicker.

In other news, watching NFLN right now and they said Vince Young expected to be released today by the Bills. He just can't find that DreamTeam!!

Good. Young's a supreme jerk, an arrogant individual that doesn't deserve to play in this league.

GoFor7
08-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Good. Young's a supreme jerk, an arrogant individual that doesn't deserve to play in this league.

Watch him end up in Arizona.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Myron Rolle is going to be a Beast of a Neurosurgeon!!

tanda10506
08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
So the rookie goes 5 for 5 including a game winner and they cut him in the first round of cuts...what was the point? I wonder if there was anything he could have done to earn a spot in the first place. Hopefully someone gives him a chance.

Steelers>NFL
08-27-2012, 01:55 PM
So the rookie goes 5 for 5 including a game winner and they cut him in the first round of cuts...what was the point? I wonder if there was anything he could have done to earn a spot in the first place. Hopefully someone gives him a chance.

Colts & BA will pick him up. We all know BA's offense is nothing without a good reliable kicker.

BowCatShot
08-27-2012, 02:13 PM

From what I've seen he has superb physical skills and throws a great pass. His situation is entirely due to his mental attitude. How many guys have we seen like that?

If only we could combine his skills with Tebow's mentality and attitude we'd have a pretty darned good qb.

austinfrench76
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
NO IDEA why you cut Hrapmann in the1st round of cuts. Suisham sucks and the kid showed promise. Makes no sense. He will catch on somewhere and Suisham will cost us a game this year. Damn it.

Acerinox
08-27-2012, 02:51 PM

This. Exactly this. Except the last sentence. I think the point is that if Suisham does a Jeff Reed and suddenly sucks every game instead of one game in three / or gets injured / then we have somewhere to go, P Jeremy Kapinos style.

tanda10506
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
This. Exactly this. Except the last sentence. I think the point is that if Suisham does a Jeff Reed and suddenly sucks every game instead of one game in three / or gets injured / then we have somewhere to go, P Jeremy Kapinos style.

That may be the case. It would be a good idea BUT Reed was actually good before he lost his mind, where Suisham is average and was getting worse as the season went on. Stats matter of course, but to me it's also important to have a kicker that you can have attempt a 55 yard game winner, or a long kick at the half to go in with a lead. Suisham won't loose his sanity and he will make most of the chip shots, so if your theory is correct, then we are stuck with Suisham.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I havent heard this much talk about a kicker since Peyton Manning went on a rant about his Idiot Kicker at the pro bowl. Come on Man!!

WVABE
08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Well, that fine young kicker will play in the nfl and probably kick the game winning fg against the steelers.
You know how that chit always works out that way.

Steelersfan87
08-27-2012, 06:18 PM
I would think that if Hrapmann was really blowing up in training camp, it would have been written about. Yet I haven't ever read a peep about him, quite unlike the significant press that Drew Butler received. So just because he went 5/5 in a couple of supremely meaningless games does not mean he has been magical throughout his months-long Steelers career.

tony hipchest
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
anyone notice suisham has been booming kickoffs thru the uprights? i wonder if 5'6" hrapmann can do that...

tanda10506
08-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I would think that if Hrapmann was really blowing up in training camp, it would have been written about. Yet I haven't ever read a peep about him, quite unlike the significant press that Drew Butler received. So just because he went 5/5 in a couple of supremely meaningless games does not mean he has been magical throughout his months-long Steelers career.

I didn't hear or see anything about Butler in camp, but maybe I just missed it. Maybe he was stinking it up in camp, but I would think we would of heard of that too. Those 5 FG's aren't "supremely meaningless" for this situation. They are against opposing teams in NFL stadiums, that's a lot more meaningful then kicking the ball in camp (usually without opposition). He may of been having a bad camp and it just wasn't reported or I missed it. Or maybe the coach's have the bar set really high for the next kicker even if it means we're stuck with mediocre this season.

Bayz101
08-27-2012, 07:18 PM
LB Baraka Atkins, DL Corbin Bryant, CB Crezdon Butler, RB John Clay, DE Jarrett Crittenton, DB Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, TE John Gilmore, DB Brett Greenwood, WR Tyler Grisham, DB Macho Harris, LB Mario Harvey, OL Tony Hills, LB Mortty Ivy, RB James Johnson, OL Kyle Jolly, P Jeremy Kapinos, WR Wes Lyons, OL John Malecki, LB Chris McCoy, TE Jamie McCoy, OL Colin Miller, WR Armand Robinson, OL Trevis Turner, DB Donovan Warren, K Swayze Waters, OL Keith Williams.

Is this valid? It's different than the original cut-list.

Bayz101
08-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Nevermind, someone mistakenly posted a cut list from last year. :doh:

FrancoLambert
08-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Myron Rolle is going to be a Beast of a Neurosurgeon!!

It was painful to see him wear # 47.

Hawaii 5-0
08-27-2012, 11:07 PM

Myron Rolle reminded me of Scott Shields wearing #47 and i have been trying my best for many years to forget all about Scott Shields...:shake01:

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-27-2012, 11:24 PM

If I were him, I would wear it in the Operating Room. :thumbsup: I know of a doc that wears cowboy boots in the OR. :noidea:

FrancoLambert
08-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Myron Rolle reminded me of Scott Shields wearing #47 and i have been trying my best for many years to forget all about Scott Shields...:shake01::sofunny:
Luckily for me, I did forget about him!

:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
08-28-2012, 12:12 AM
:chuckle:

good ol Scott "Panty" Shields.

"about the only thing he could defend was underwear from stains".

-tony hipchest

Hawaii 5-0
08-28-2012, 01:37 AM
Only One Can Celebrate

By Jim Wexell - SteelCityInsider.net
Posted Aug 27, 2012

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/109/1099531.jpg

Greg Warren

The Steelers cut 15 players Monday morning, but only one remaining player can celebrate.

PITTSBURGH – After the Steelers cut 15 players Monday morning, three positions were left with only one man standing.

* But Will Johnson wasn’t about to accept congratulations as the new fullback. After all, he’s a rookie in his first NFL camp.

* And Shaun Suisham wasn’t about to light up a cigar. After all, he knows quality kickers such as Josh Brown and Neil Rackers are floating around the waiver wire at this time.

* But, Greg Warren could take a bow. He’ll be the team’s long-snapper for the eighth consecutive season.

There’s little chance the Steelers will disrupt that streak by bringing in another long-snapper this week after they cut quality veteran Matt Katula yesterday.

“I think they wanted to see what Matt could do, but I think they also seemed pretty satisfied with what I’ve been able to do for them so far,” said Warren. “I never felt a huge burden of competition from the standpoint of the organization, but I always feel the urgency of knowing my job can be passed along at any point.”

Warren said he’s been told in the past when the front office was looking to replace him. But each time he fended off the competition. This time Warren felt that Katula was signed to keep Warren on edge. He said the ploy worked.

“I would say I’ve had one of the more consistent and accurate training camps thus far,” Warren said. “If that was what they tried to do, it worked. That definitely helped me focus and definitely helped me stay on point.”

Warren also believes there’s a desire to maintain some stability after the sudden change in special teams coordinators last week, when former assistant Amos Jones was promoted over the deposed Al Everest.

“I was surprised,” Warren said. “But at the same time I’ve been here a while and know the system. Amos has been here a while; knows the system. We have a lot of veteran guys, so from the standpoint of having to move on I think the transition is going to be as easy as a transition could be, because we have a lot of leaders, because the system’s been in place. Al was able to teach me a lot of great things. He wishes us the best and we wish him the best.”

Along with Katula, those cut by the Steelers yesterday were: LBers Ryan Baker and Mortty Ivy; DEs Mike Blanc and Kade Weston; DBs Andre Freeman, Walter McFadden and Myron Rolle; WRs Paul Cox, Juamorris Stewart and Jimmy Young; TEs Jamie McCoy and Justin Peelle; OT Kyle Jolly; and PK Daniel Hrapmann.

http://burgh.us/fth

TheVet
08-28-2012, 04:09 AM
Only One Can Celebrate

By Jim Wexell - SteelCityInsider.net
Posted Aug 27, 2012

* And Shaun Suisham wasn’t about to light up a cigar. After all, he knows quality kickers such as Josh Brown and Neil Rackers are floating around the waiver wire at this time.

http://burgh.us/fth

Please let it be true.

Steelersfan87
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Wexell said that he would not rather have Brown or Rackers.

tanda10506
08-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Somebody already sign Ryan Longwell? He was released quite a while back but I didn't hear of anybody picking him up.

Bayz101
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Wexell said that he would not rather have Brown or Rackers.

If the Steelers are going to take a kicker, i'm hoping they'd take a young guy. Not a 35+ year old kicker like Brown or Rackers. Grahm Gano is okay, and he's young, but i'm not so sure he's an improvement over what we have.

Hawaii 5-0
08-28-2012, 06:15 PM
If the Steelers are going to take a kicker, i'm hoping they'd take a young guy. Not a 35+ year old kicker like Brown or Rackers. Grahm Gano is okay, and he's young, but i'm not so sure he's an improvement over what we have.

Gano did kick six FGs of over 50 yards including a 59-yarder last season and had a higher % of touchbacks on his kickoffs...he might be worth a look.

TheVet
08-28-2012, 07:12 PM
I don't care so much about Brown or Rackers. I'm intrigued by the notion that there are quality kickers floating around the waiver wire at this time.

When you're at the bottom, it should be fairly easy to move up. Hopefully the Steelers have some kind of plan for getting a kicker who's "above the line."

Steelersfan87
08-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't care so much about Brown or Rackers. I'm intrigued by the notion that there are quality kickers floating around the waiver wire at this time.

When you're at the bottom, it should be fairly easy to move up. Hopefully the Steelers have some kind of plan for getting a kicker who's "above the line."

If they look at other kickers, it will be on Friday, on the final cutdowns. That is when, as you like to say, "NFL-caliber" kickers will be getting the axe, not on the 90 to 75 cut.

For the record, despite my adamant stance that Hrapmann would not unseat Suisham, I am all for the Steelers taking a gander at the final cutdown rubble to see if there is a legitimate upgrade at kicker that they could pursue.

Bayz101
08-28-2012, 07:42 PM
If they look at other kickers, it will be on Friday, on the final cutdowns. That is when, as you like to say, "NFL-caliber" kickers will be getting the axe, not on the 90 to 75 cut.

For the record, despite my adamant stance that Hrapmann would not unseat Suisham, I am all for the Steelers taking a gander at the final cutdown rubble to see if there is a legitimate upgrade at kicker that they could pursue.

"Hrapmann came out of college with a rather stellar resume for a kicker, and he signed with a team that employed a journeyman incumbent coming off a mediocre season. What's more, the strong-legged rookie from Southern Miss made all six of his field goal attempts during the preseason -- including three from beyond 40 yards. Still, the Steelers decided they felt more comfortable sticking with Shaun Suisham, who made only seven of 13 attempts from 40 yards or more last season. Hrapmann was an All-American kicker in college."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You and I both know that Hrapmann came out of college with a better FG percentage than Suisham did, and that Hrapmann's made all six of his field goals, two of them from 40, and one of them a game-winner. He's been perfect when given a chance to prove himself, and I don't see why he isn't on the team right now. I think he at least deserved a chance to kick again this Thursday. But that's just my opinion, as is yours that he's not talented enough to spend time on.

I don't like Suisham at ALL when the pressure is on. It seems like when he's outside of 30 yards, it's a toss-up. His field-goal percentage is so damn good because Bruce Arians offense couldn't punch the ball past the goal line if the defense was made of pillows, leaving him with the routine field goals, which I STILL don't trust him with. My opinion of Suisham is as stated, my opinion. But I KNOW i'm not the only one with the very same opinion of him, and i'm pretty sure he's known more for his ability to embarrass himself than his field-goal percentage.

Hawaii 5-0
08-28-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm hoping the Steelers pick up Kai Forbath from the Bucs once he's released. in last week's Bucs pre-season win against the Patriots Forbath booted 51 and 55-yard field goals.

there's no way he'll beat out Connor Barth who just signed a contract extension worth more than $13 million with Tampa Bay but Forbath is a young kicker with a strong leg who would look really good in the Black & Gold...

Bayz101
08-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm hoping the Steelers pick up Kai Forbath from the Bucs once he's released. in last week's Bucs pre-season win against the Patriots Forbath booted 51 and 55-yard field goals.

there's no way he'll beat out Connor Barth who just signed a contract extension worth more than $13 million with Tampa Bay but Forbath is a young kicker with a strong leg who would look really good in the Black & Gold...

Big leg! I like it. Remember this?

t-5jmEqiBCY

Sure, Suisham could probably make a 50-yard field goal, just not when the pressure is on.

-voav8sA7Ec

Hmm. Looks like he can't make a 23-yard field goal when the pressure is on either. :huh:
In fact, if he would have made that, the Saints wouldn't have won the game. Yes, they came back and won it, by the way. Surely that's just bad luck, though.

vztrvkvPFHU

:noidea:

Bayz101
08-28-2012, 08:05 PM
HAHAHAH. Watch the second video all the way through. Some dude makes a field goal on his second attempt, with ice on the field! We need to hire that guy right away! He's got a 50% field goal percentage and he's only kicked twice in his LIFE!

Steelersfan87
08-28-2012, 08:28 PM
There's no use discussing Hrapmann any more. If the team thought he was better than Suisham, they would have kept him. The fact that not a line about his performance in training camp was written suggests that his 6 for 6 (with a long of 43, I might add) is not exactly indicative of what he would do during a 16 game schedule. So that's my last word on Hrapmann. Wake me when some good kickers get cut on Friday and we can spin the dreidel anew.

Bayz101
08-28-2012, 08:33 PM
There's no use discussing Hrapmann any more. If the team thought he was better than Suisham, they would have kept him. The fact that not a line about his performance in training camp was written suggests that his 6 for 6 (with a long of 43, I might add) is not exactly indicative of what he would do during a 16 game schedule. So that's my last word on Hrapmann. Wake me when some good kickers get cut on Friday and we can spin the dreidel anew.

despite my adamant stance that Hrapmann would not unseat Suisham

You brought it up. :chuckle: :drink:

I never said we should start him, anyway. I just said I didn't understand why he wasn't given a chance to kick Thursday, and explained why i'm not a fan of Suisham. That's all.

Hawaii 5-0
08-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Last call for three Steelers' rookies?

Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012
By Mike Bires

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/24/924c0bc2-bd7f-5915-befc-6166f1cc22de/503eaa3a32fc9.preview-300.jpg

Steelers rookie safety Robert Golden might catch a break with Ryan Clark unable to play the season opener in Denver's high altitude.

Tonight, in the fourth and final preseason game, we will see little or maybe nothing from the front-line Steelers. The first-team offense and defense will play a series and call it a night. There's a chance some starters might not even play. No sense taking a chance for more injuries to strike a team already dealing with so many health issues.

But that doesn’t mean the annual preseason finale against Carolina is meaningless. Let’s allow coach Mike Tomlin to explain.

“This game presents a significant opportunity for guys to make a final statement in their charge to etch out a role for themselves within this group, or simply be a part of the group,” he said. “We looked at the recent history of the series to reiterate to some men that this is a legitimate opportunity, the last opportunity to make a strong push to put them on the right side of the ledger.

“I talked openly about the recent history of the game and what it provided to certain men. (Linebacker) Stevenson Sylvester and (running back) Jonathan Dwyer represented themselves well in the past games, and they staked their claim on their position. I want the guys to know that this is a very tangible thing.”

With that in mind, Times pro football writer Mike Bires takes a look at three rookies trying to secure spots on the final 53-man roster.

ROBERT GOLDEN

He may be an undrafted free agent who didn’t earn any postseason honors when he played at the University of Arizona but Robert Golden is playing so well at free safety that it’s going to be hard for the Steelers to cut him.

Golden, who returned an interception 47 yards in Saturday's win at Buffalo, is listed in the Steelers’ depth chart as the third-team free safety. But when the Steelers open the regular season Sept. 9 in Denver, they won’t have starting FS Ryan Clark, who has a medical condition that doesn’t allow him to play in the high altitudes of Colorado. It's almost a given that the Steelers will take four safeties with them when they play the Broncos.

Even though he never made any of the Pac-12 all-star teams, Golden was good enough to make 38 straights at Arizona including some at cornerback. And if he hasn’t already wrapped up a roster spot -- he's certainly out-played wannabe safety Damon Cromartie-Smith up to this point -- Golden may do so tonight with a strong performance against the Panthers.

DAVID PAULSON

The Steelers have just four tight ends on their roster: starter Heath Miller; backup Leonard; third-stringer Wes Saunders; and David Paulson, a rookie taken in the seventh round of this year’s draft.

While playing college football at Oregon, Paulson flourished in the Ducks’ wide-open offense. He caught 31 passes including six for touchdowns as a senior and 24 balls including four for TDs as a junior.

Admittedly, he’s a guy whose forte is catching the ball, and not blocking. At 6-foot-4 and 241 pounds, he’s more of a finesse player. But with Saunders on suspension for the first four weeks of the season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing drugs, there may be a roster spot for Paulson.

The Steelers could go with just Miller and Pope and have fullback Will Johnson move to tight end in three tight end sets. But if Paulson plays well tonight, he may secure a roster spot when the Steelers make their final cuts on Friday.

DREW BUTLER

Judging by the way Jeremy Kapinos hangs out with kicker Shaun Suisham and long snapper Greg Warren, it seems as though he will be back as the Steelers’ punter. Kapinos’ stall in the locker room is in a corner near Suisham’s and Warren’s. Those three veterans are always together during practice periods that don’t involve special teams.

The only problem with Kapinos is that he has a mysterious back injury that’s kept him sidelined for most of the preseason.

Meanwhile, Butler, a rookie out of Georgia, dresses in another part of the room and almost seems as if he’s a loner when it comes to the specialists. But for the most part, he’s held his own. Granted, he hasn’t boomed all of his 19 punts but among NFL punters with at least 10 preseason kicks, Butler ranks seventh with a 48.2 yard average.

Last year when Kapinos took over for injured Daniel Sepulveda (knee), he averaged 45.0 yards per kick.
So it appears Butler has an adequate leg, and perhaps most importantly, he’s injury free. Maybe he can sew up the job tonight if he punts well against the Panthers.

teegre
08-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Last call for three Steelers' rookies?

Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012
By Mike Bires

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/9/24/924c0bc2-bd7f-5915-befc-6166f1cc22de/503eaa3a32fc9.preview-300.jpg

Steelers rookie safety Robert Golden might catch a break with Ryan Clark unable to play the season opener in Denver's high altitude.

Tonight, in the fourth and final preseason game, we will see little or maybe nothing from the front-line Steelers. The first-team offense and defense will play a series and call it a night. There's a chance some starters might not even play. No sense taking a chance for more injuries to strike a team already dealing with so many health issues.

But that doesn’t mean the annual preseason finale against Carolina is meaningless. Let’s allow coach Mike Tomlin to explain.

“This game presents a significant opportunity for guys to make a final statement in their charge to etch out a role for themselves within this group, or simply be a part of the group,” he said. “We looked at the recent history of the series to reiterate to some men that this is a legitimate opportunity, the last opportunity to make a strong push to put them on the right side of the ledger.

“I talked openly about the recent history of the game and what it provided to certain men. (Linebacker) Stevenson Sylvester and (running back) Jonathan Dwyer represented themselves well in the past games, and they staked their claim on their position. I want the guys to know that this is a very tangible thing.”

With that in mind, Times pro football writer Mike Bires takes a look at three rookies trying to secure spots on the final 53-man roster.

ROBERT GOLDEN

He may be an undrafted free agent who didn’t earn any postseason honors when he played at the University of Arizona but Robert Golden is playing so well at free safety that it’s going to be hard for the Steelers to cut him.

Golden, who returned an interception 47 yards in Saturday's win at Buffalo, is listed in the Steelers’ depth chart as the third-team free safety. But when the Steelers open the regular season Sept. 9 in Denver, they won’t have starting FS Ryan Clark, who has a medical condition that doesn’t allow him to play in the high altitudes of Colorado. It's almost a given that the Steelers will take four safeties with them when they play the Broncos.

Even though he never made any of the Pac-12 all-star teams, Golden was good enough to make 38 straights at Arizona including some at cornerback. And if he hasn’t already wrapped up a roster spot -- he's certainly out-played wannabe safety Damon Cromartie-Smith up to this point -- Golden may do so tonight with a strong performance against the Panthers.

DAVID PAULSON

The Steelers have just four tight ends on their roster: starter Heath Miller; backup Leonard; third-stringer Wes Saunders; and David Paulson, a rookie taken in the seventh round of this year’s draft.

While playing college football at Oregon, Paulson flourished in the Ducks’ wide-open offense. He caught 31 passes including six for touchdowns as a senior and 24 balls including four for TDs as a junior.

Admittedly, he’s a guy whose forte is catching the ball, and not blocking. At 6-foot-4 and 241 pounds, he’s more of a finesse player. But with Saunders on suspension for the first four weeks of the season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing drugs, there may be a roster spot for Paulson.

The Steelers could go with just Miller and Pope and have fullback Will Johnson move to tight end in three tight end sets. But if Paulson plays well tonight, he may secure a roster spot when the Steelers make their final cuts on Friday.

DREW BUTLER

Judging by the way Jeremy Kapinos hangs out with kicker Shaun Suisham and long snapper Greg Warren, it seems as though he will be back as the Steelers’ punter. Kapinos’ stall in the locker room is in a corner near Suisham’s and Warren’s. Those three veterans are always together during practice periods that don’t involve special teams.

The only problem with Kapinos is that he has a mysterious back injury that’s kept him sidelined for most of the preseason.

Meanwhile, Butler, a rookie out of Georgia, dresses in another part of the room and almost seems as if he’s a loner when it comes to the specialists. But for the most part, he’s held his own. Granted, he hasn’t boomed all of his 19 punts but among NFL punters with at least 10 preseason kicks, Butler ranks seventh with a 48.2 yard average.

Last year when Kapinos took over for injured Daniel Sepulveda (knee), he averaged 45.0 yards per kick.
So it appears Butler has an adequate leg, and perhaps most importantly, he’s injury free. Maybe he can sew up the job tonight if he punts well against the Panthers.

I want Golden to make the roster over Will Allen... and eventually start, alongside of Mundy.  I truly think that that would be a good safety duo (obviously, after Troy & Clark retire).  [And, finding a possible starter would be one less position needing a draft pick to be used on, in the upcoming years.]  

Paulson makes the team.  No intrigue with this one.  Tomlin really likes the kid, and they only have two TEs on the roster (Saunders will be suspended for the first four games).  Now... when Saunders comes back, it should be very interesting.  

I mock drafted Butler to the Steelers in R5.  Obviously, I've been looking for an upgrade.  I've watched Andy Lee, Mike Scifres, & Shane Lechler all win games for their clubs... and I think that Butler can do the same for the Steelers. 

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Golden is a CB that got converted to safety in his Sr year and he showed skills at picking off passes in college, so I was hopeful he could do the same here and has. He just needs to learn to play the run better and is doing so.

He should make it, but tonight he can really make his case.

MDSteel15
08-30-2012, 10:32 AM
You and I both know that Hrapmann came out of college with a better FG percentage than Suisham did, and that Hrapmann's made all six of his field goals, two of them from 40, and one of them a game-winner. He's been perfect when given a chance to prove himself, and I don't see why he isn't on the team right now. I think he at least deserved a chance to kick again this Thursday. But that's just my opinion, as is yours that he's not talented enough to spend time on.

I don't like Suisham at ALL when the pressure is on. It seems like when he's outside of 30 yards, it's a toss-up. His field-goal percentage is so damn good because Bruce Arians offense couldn't punch the ball past the goal line if the defense was made of pillows, leaving him with the routine field goals, which I STILL don't trust him with. My opinion of Suisham is as stated, my opinion. But I KNOW i'm not the only one with the very same opinion of him, and i'm pretty sure he's known more for his ability to embarrass himself than his field-goal percentage.

My thoughts exactly.... :banging:

Bayz101
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM

My thoughts exactly.... :banging:

Pretty much, but it's all water under the bridge now. Unless Hrapmann makes the Practice Squad.

MDSteel15
08-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Pretty much, but it's all water under the bridge now. Unless Hrapmann makes the Practice Squad.

Let's pray... Our Father, Art Rooney's with you in Heaven, hallowed is his name, on Earth as it is in the Hall of Fame...

GoFor7
08-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Should the Steelers look at Neil Rackers? He was cut by the Redskins a few days ago.

Bayz101
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Let's pray... Our Father, Art Rooney's with you in Heaven, hallowed is his name, on Earth as it is in the Hall of Fame...

:sofunny:

AMEN!

Bayz101
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Should the Steelers look at Neil Rackers? He was cut by the Redskins a few days ago.

Sure, but i'll just look at his 36 years of age.

GoFor7
08-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Sure, but i'll just look at his 36 years of age.

Uh, he's a kicker. It's not uncommon to find older kickers still playing in the NFL since it's not a very physically taxing position.

Bayz101
08-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Uh, he's a kicker. It's not uncommon to find older kickers still playing in the NFL since it's not a very physically taxing position.

Well, the talent doesn't always stretch over a career. I was kind of hoping we'd get a younger guy. Hell, Ghram Gano is available.