PDA

View Full Version : Troy overrated!?!

California-Steel
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Anyone agree with this? Click link for the top 10 NFL overrated players and why.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/2012-most-overrated-players-gallery-082312#tab=photo-title=Not+worth+the+hype&photo=31278611

Bayz101
08-27-2012, 04:08 PM
:doh:

MACH1
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
:doh:

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/double-facepalm.jpg

tanda10506
08-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Wtf? Half the people on that list can't be overrated cause they aren't rated that high in the first place. Michael Crabtree, D'whoever Ferguson, Eric Winston, and Sidney Rice? They're known of but they aren't considered top players by anybody that I have seen/heard. Then Polamalu at #1 lmao. Fox must have allowed their Nascar coverage writers to make a football ad :noidea:

steelers33
08-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Lol Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are way more overrated than Troy.

Fire Arians
08-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Lol Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are way more overrated than Troy.

this

teegre
08-27-2012, 06:08 PM
There are 31 other teams that would gladly take him.

Next!!!

Atlanta Dan
08-27-2012, 06:14 PM
I believe the Troy is overrated storyline got going when he was hurt during the 2010 playoffs and was beaten several times in teh Super Bowl against Green Bay (NFL Network Sounds Of The Game had teh Packers on the sideline saying Troy could not cover anyone)

Do not know if he is overrated but he does have coverage issues - he was beaten badly on the play that set up the Bills only TD Saturday night

teegre
08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I believe the Troy is overrated storyline got going when he was hurt during the 2010 playoffs and was beaten several times in teh Super Bowl against Green Bay (NFL Network Sounds Of The Game had teh Packers on the sideline saying Troy could not cover anyone)

Do not know if he is overrated but he does have coverage issues - he was beaten badly on the play that set up the Bills only TD Saturday night

I'll agree to that: Troy is not the best in coverage... just as BB is not the most nimble afoot... and James Harrison is not the nicest of people.

[Catch my drift?]

What Troy does well, he does better than anyone else in the past decade: makes QBs feels confused, makes QBs think twice before they throw, and forces QBs to locate him.

[Not arguing with YOU. Irritated at the piece/article.]

tanda10506
08-27-2012, 06:46 PM
It is true that Troy struggles in man coverage. He did get burnt in that SB as did everybody else, and he didn't have an impressive year last year by his standards, but he's in now way close to the most overrated player in football. I worry about him being on the decline, we'll find out this year IMO, but even if he is he still not overrated. As mentioned, that sound clip may play into it. Also the touchdown catch AJ Green made over him last year could have easily been intercepted and he watched it fall into Green's hands to the confusion of everybody watching it, and it was replayed over and over. He was also embarrassed Week 1 by Ed Dickson and Flacco.this year in a game that the had a lot of people watching it. Those 2 things will stay in the head of opposing fans who don't watch our games unless their team is playing us.

Fire Arians
08-27-2012, 07:01 PM
troy overrated is the stupidest thing i ever heard of since stillmill's woodendong report

teegre
08-27-2012, 07:05 PM
troy overrated is the stupidest thing i ever heard of since stillmill's woodendong report

Soooo... you're saying that you are an ignoramous who thinks that Dick LeBlow is a genius... and not a senile farse??? :wink02:

Fire Arians
08-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Soooo... you're saying that you are an ignoramous who thinks that Dick LeBlow is a genius... and not a senile farse??? :wink02:

time for 316 lebeau to pack it up! :chuckle:

i gotta admit, i still like reading his articles because they crack me up, cause of how ridiculous they are

teegre
08-27-2012, 07:16 PM
time for 316 lebeau to pack it up! :chuckle:

i gotta admit, i still like reading his articles because they crack me up, cause of how ridiculous they are

Admittedly, so do I.

The dude can write... and is clever & witty. But, he gets obsessed on certain players, :blah: and whips that horse until its nothing but bones... cold, lonely bones.

Fire Arians
08-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Admittedly, so do I.

The dude can write... and is clever & witty. But, he gets obsessed on certain players, :blah: and whips that horse until its nothing but bones... cold, lonely bones.

true, he definitely has it out for lamar. maybe cause he's been giving his old lady the wooden dong lol

madtowndrunkard
08-27-2012, 08:41 PM
I sure hope someone puts that on troy's locker tomorrow. HE NEEDS TO READ THIS. :popcorn:

tanda10506
08-27-2012, 09:58 PM
true, he definitely has it out for lamar. maybe cause he's been giving his old lady the wooden dong lol

Go to Stillers.com if you want a fair and accurate review of LaMarr Woodley. :rofl::rofl:

tony hipchest
08-28-2012, 12:18 AM
i dont usually read grafitti written on a wall by a monkey with its own feces, but when i do, its linked on a steelers message board.

stay thirsty, my friends. :thumbsup:

mikegrimey
08-28-2012, 05:20 AM
If they're considering only his 2011 campaign they have a point, he did make the pro bowl despite the lack of big plays that he's known for. He has become increasingly fragile over the years, and the frequent injuries are taking a toll on his impact, that and I think coaches around the league are better prepared to deal with him now that he's been playing for almost a decade.

WVABE
08-28-2012, 05:58 AM
Troy plays like Troy like Ben plays like Ben.
Sometimes both play like their over-rated and sometimes under-rated.
I'm glad both are unique in their own special ways and could really
care less about ratings, but what really matters is at the end of the day.
Another Victory.

beer72
08-28-2012, 08:44 AM
WOW Seriously ! :banging:

vasteeler
08-28-2012, 09:30 AM
here we go with this again:coffee:

bigbenzbrokenose
08-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Hey guys I think that Troy Polamalu is losing his step, if he hasn't already lost it. I ,like many other experts, believe that T. Malu is the number one overrated player in the entire league right now. He is too slow to cover and looks like he is running in slow motion. We might want to trade him while we can get something for him.

TheDude
08-29-2012, 07:04 AM
OVER THE LINE!!!!!!

Steelers>NFL
08-29-2012, 07:32 AM
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

bigbenzbrokenose
08-29-2012, 07:45 AM
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

What??? I'm not a troll. The word troll is overused anyways. I'm just tellin it how it is. Here is a fresh link for top 10 overated NFL players in 2012.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/2012-most-overrated-players-gallery-082312#tab=photo-title=Troy+Polamalu%252C+S%252C+Steelers&photo=31278605

Youngstown Steeler
08-29-2012, 07:48 AM
What??? I'm not a troll. The word troll is overused anyways. I'm just tellin it how it is. Here is a fresh link for top 10 overated NFL players in 2012.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/2012-most-overrated-players-gallery-082312#tab=photo-title=Troy+Polamalu%252C+S%252C+Steelers&photo=31278605

Correction, that's a link to someone's opinion of the most overrated players of 2012. And you know what they say about opinions...

teegre
08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
Correction, that's a link to someone's opinion of the most overrated players of 2012. And you know what they say about opinions...

bigbenzbrokennose is a Ravens fan.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

defence
08-29-2012, 08:12 AM

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

I know we should ignore; but I can't. The op is an absolute idiot that does not have a clue. And you have made this assessment from watching three pre season games!! Wow!!! Good luck to your over rated Ravens!!

Millers the sh!t
08-29-2012, 08:25 AM

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

Bigbenzbrokennose is a fag in heat. When he's not on Steelers fever, he's on craigslist in the M seeking M section. When bigbenzbrokennose farts, it smells like ray ray's penis.

Steelers>NFL
08-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Bigbenzbrokennose is a fag in heat. When he's not on Steelers fever, he's on craigslist in the M seeking M section. When bigbenzbrokennose farts, it smells like ray ray's penis.

:rofl:

Bayz101
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
You again? You're an obvious troll. Here's something you said in another thread.

another loss for the already losing squeelers

So please, tell me again how your not a troll?

jim brown
08-29-2012, 09:54 AM
I ususually don't say anything but you,yes you got my gander up!!!please keep your coments or thoughts to yourself.!!Pre games injuries and on and on!!! TKU!!!!

bigbenzbrokenose
08-29-2012, 10:03 AM
You again? You're an obvious troll. Here's something you said in another thread.

So please, tell me again how your not a troll?

I'm sorry its just im still upset with my team. We lost to Tim Tebow in the playoffs, I just can't go on. TIM TEBOW, the 3 for 35 passing quarterback.

teegre
08-29-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm sorry its just im still upset with my team. We lost to Tim Tebow in the playoffs, I just can't go on. TIM TEBOW, the 3 for 35 passing quarterback.

Remember that time that Lee Evans dropped the game-winning catch?... and Billy Cundiff missed the subsequent FG?  Result: NO SuperBowl.

Remember that time that Ray Lewis stabbed that dude in his limo?  (allegedly)  

Remember that time that the Steelers beat the Ravens three out of three time times on the play-offs?  

Remember the Ravens celebrating a regular season win like it was a SuperBowl?

Remember how SIX Lombardis is more than ONE?

Bayz101
08-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Remember that time that Lee Evans dropped the game-winning catch?... and Billy Cundiff missed the subsequent FG?  Result: NO SuperBowl.

Remember that time that Ray Lewis stabbed that dude in his limo?  (allegedly)  

Remember that time that the Steelers beat the Ravens three out of three time times on the play-offs?  

Remember the Ravens celebrating a regular season win like it was a SuperBowl?

Remember how SIX Lombardis is more than ONE?

Save it, he's from Boston. He's a different kind of troll.

Steelers5895
08-29-2012, 10:26 AM
He has lost a step but he has also played like abeast through his career and its taken its toll. he is still a top 10 player when it comes to impact plays and when healthy makes our defense better. Still a top 3 safety with that lost step.

Millers the sh!t
08-29-2012, 10:31 AM

If it makes ya feel better you can look back a few years when we played the ravens in the playoffs and they gave up the huge lead they had on us, and lost the game. Then you can look at last year when the ravens choked on a winning TD pass, and then choked on a 20 yard field goal all in the same game.

It's ok to be upset that we lost to a team that we should have beat even with our dismantled o line, and d line that game, I understand that.... but you should be happy that you're not a fan of the perennial choke artists from Baltimore.

Millers the sh!t
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Ed reed never makes cerebral and athletic plays that troy does. Ed makes his living catching tipped balls that his corners defended.

teegre
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM

Ah... so, he cheated in order to troll.

[Number of Taperiots wins since they were caught cheating = ZERO.]

teegre
08-29-2012, 10:45 AM

This might cheer you up:
At least you are not a bitter, little man... trolling other team's message boards. Because, THAT would be sad.

Imagine... I can see that type of person now... 350 pounds of cellulite... sitting in his own filth... in his mom's basement... with the only interaction with a girl (or anyone else) being via the web.

Thank goodness you are NOT one of those poor, poor souls, who has to troll in order to have ANY human interaction.

Millers the sh!t
08-29-2012, 10:47 AM

That means he's an irish drunk and instead of saying car he says caaaah

MACH1
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
That means he's an irish drunk and instead of saying coc* he says I like caaaahk

Fixed it. :sofunny:

Millers the sh!t
08-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Fixed it. :sofunny:

Ha ha ha ha......

FrancoLambert
08-29-2012, 02:44 PM
RE: bigbensbrokennose

A Boston troll. Bet he's familiar with this sample of New England lexicon.
"That game was wicked."
"It was pissah."
"Can I get a drink from the bubbler." (Most of us call it a water fountain)
"OH, the bubbler's broken, let's go to the corner maahket and get some tonic."
:rofl:

TRH
08-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Troy's problem is that those daring plays he makes and going 100 mph also leaves him many "misses" and gets beat from time to time.
But he's not 'over-rated'. His dynamic play makes up for the negatives.

bigbenzbrokenose
08-29-2012, 06:22 PM
C'mon guys!!! Lets not be bitter an mean because we got Tebow'ed. I mean I know we suck and all to get beat by Tebow. but maybe Big Ben wil.l After all, I would probably rather get beaten by Tim Tebow than ....o wait... no one

Bayz101
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
C'mon guys!!! Lets not be bitter an mean because we got Tebow'ed. I mean I know we suck and all to get beat by Tebow. but maybe Big Ben wil.l After all, I would probably rather get beaten by Tim Tebow than ....o wait... no one

Come on dude, you have to be more aggressive. No one likes a pacifistic-troll. That's no fun. Lousy.

MACH1
08-29-2012, 06:33 PM
He's just mad because tom gaydy is ely's little b!tch.

Atlanta Dan
08-29-2012, 06:49 PM
He's just mad because tom gaydy is ely's little b!tch.

Everyone loves Tom

http://itsalwayssunnyindetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Tom-Brady-VMAN-2.png

dgi2lY62Hto

Millers the sh!t
08-29-2012, 08:01 PM

This comment is Weak....... You suck at this game.

teegre
08-29-2012, 09:56 PM

I know, huh.  So sad.  Thankfully, you & I (Steelers fans) don't have as bitter a taste of losing to Eli... twice.  

Those poor, poor Taperiots fans have to deal with the following facts:

Eli Manning > Tom Brady  

Head-to-head in SuperBowls, Tom is  0-2 against Eli.  

[Thankfully, you're NOT one of those fans... trolling around on some other team's message board.  Those people are just sad, sad sacks of loneliness.  Any pain that you & I feel, must pale in comparison to them having to face their life on a daily basis.  At least Tom Brady has Gisselle... those trolls have no one.  So, so sad.]  

bigbenzbrokenose
08-30-2012, 01:32 AM
to all you trashy steelers fan I am a BRONCOS FAN. How does it feel to lose to the worst QB in the league. Trashy steelers fan are at a point of complete retaration. Get rid of Polamalu before he starts breaking his ol bones. Steelers fans have always and will continue to be the dumbest, trashiest, and mainly dumb. Your team sucks now lol, get over it. Some of you won't even believe it because you just can't accept it inside. Wake up Squeelers, your done. Big Ben is break his nose and then I will be laughing at the 7-9 Pittsburgh shitlers

Hawaii 5-0
08-30-2012, 01:37 AM
Trashy steelers fan are at a point of complete retaration.

Big Ben is break his nose and then I will be laughing at the 7-9 Pittsburgh shitlers

retaration?

Big Ben is break his nose?

you're really making this way too easy for us...:chuckle:

teegre
08-30-2012, 01:44 AM
to all you trashy steelers fan I am a BRONCOS FAN. How does it feel to lose to the worst QB in the league. Trashy steelers fan are at a point of complete retaration. Get rid of Polamalu before he starts breaking his ol bones. Steelers fans have always and will continue to be the dumbest, trashiest, and mainly dumb. Your team sucks now lol, get over it. Some of you won't even believe it because you just can't accept it inside. Wake up Squeelers, your done. Big Ben is break his nose and then I will be laughing at the 7-9 Pittsburgh shitlers

What!?! You were not a Steelers fan!?! You were actually one of those aforementioned trolls, begging for some interaction... from anyone. One of those trolls who desperately writes the subliminal context, "Please, talk to me... even if it's typing hurtful words at me." What!?! I had no idea that you were a troll... someone who has NO other options in life but to beg for human interaction on other team's message boards.

What has the world come to!?! Next, you'll be telling me that you were once on "To Catch a Predator"... begging for a 13-year old's attention. Please, tell me that it isn't so... I want to believe that people are not this sick & desperate.

Steelerindc
08-30-2012, 12:23 PM

Most people don't take into account that that Troy was still injured during the SB. Mike T Should have pulled b/c he was a liability at that time. A fully healthy Troy P is never overrated.

steelfury02
08-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm imagining the SNL skit with Sandler - "You lika da ju-ice? I get you more of day ju-ice."

"That Biga Ben breaked is his nosed."

TRH
08-30-2012, 12:47 PM
people, people, people........

IGNORE the troll's posts. IGNORE. Do NOT respond.
They're absurd, untrue, and ridiculous. Thats what he wants you to do...get you in a tizzy. Stop responding.

Bayz101
08-30-2012, 12:51 PM
people, people, people........

IGNORE the troll's posts. IGNORE. Do NOT respond.
They're absurd, untrue, and ridiculous. Thats what he wants you to do...get you in a tizzy. Stop responding.

bu--but it's fun....

https://games.bigfishgames.com/en_whackatroll/whackatroll_feature.jpg

FrancoLambert
08-30-2012, 03:10 PM
bu--but it's fun....

https://games.bigfishgames.com/en_whackatroll/whackatroll_feature.jpg

And I get a kick out of his (mis) spelling. It's pathetic. But, so is he.

vasteeler
08-30-2012, 04:25 PM

:jawdrop: no!!!! really?

Jpeezyiseternal
08-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm not saying all football announcers are rocket-science smart, but don't you think theres a reason for the trending comments somewhere along the lines of "this guy is amazing" "this guy is a freak" "this guy is one of the best safeties to play in the national football league"

Hawaii 5-0
09-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Polamalu enters season ‘safety centered’

By Alan Robinson
Published: Sunday, September 2, 2012

Troy Polamalu remembers when he could rely upon his exquisite timing to vault the offensive line and propel himself into the backfield, disrupting a play even before it started. Nobody else in the NFL could do it.

Or when he made plays so instinctively and athletic — such as his improbable, one-handed interception on a snowy field against Philip Rivers of the Chargers — that it required multiple replay reviews to determine how he possibly made them.

Those were the days for the player of a generation. These days, Polamalu is out to prove it’s not a generation that’s passed.

“I’ve been hiding a lot of my faults,” he says, laughing.

Once a super athlete whose ability to play half the positions on defense made him a game plan nightmare for offensive coordinators, Polamalu — at age 31 — is as apt to rely on his nine-plus seasons of experience as he is his unnatural instincts. He’s also become more of a true safety than a defender who regularly makes can-you-believe-it’s-true plays.

And when he films those Head & Shoulders ads that, according to Procter & Gamble, boosted sales 10 percent among the young adult target group, he must tint some of his gray hair. He’s also more fastidious about his offseason eating, dieting earlier in advance of training camp this year than before.

It’s not as if Polamalu is being ravaged by time; it’s just that a player for the ages has to be conscious of his age. He also appears intent on improving upon a 2011 season in which the Steelers were No. 1 defensively and he made the All-Pro team, but his interceptions dropped to two from seven the season before.

“I think he likes people saying he’s lost a step or that he’s injured too much,” fellow safety Ryan Clark said. “Troy isn’t Troy until the lights go on.”

A Fox Sports analysis recently referred to Polamalu’s 2011 season as being “average” and called him one of the NFL’s top 10 overrated players, but NFL Network analyst Jamie Dukes disagrees. He ranks Polamalu as the second-best safety behind Eric Berry of Kansas City.

However, Dukes said, “More teams are finding a way to put him in space, and that’s the only real chink in his armor ... you can negate him.”

Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau appears to be taking a less-is-more approach with Polamalu to utilize his strengths and prevent him from getting too overloaded with responsibilities, thus avoiding that negation factor.

“My role in the defense has changed quite a bit,” Polamalu said. “I was playing five different positions. Am I playing nickel? Am I playing dime? Am I playing safety? It was like, ‘We want to attack Troy when he’s in that position, but he might not be in that position.’ ”

Polamalu is becoming, in his words, more “safety-centered” and less likely to be an inside linebacker on one play, a nickel back the next and a blitzing cornerback the play after that.

“It’s changed quite a bit in that way, and with time it’s changed even more,” Polamalu said. “There’s always a possibility of playing dime, nickel, and I played quite a bit of it last year. But it was more like, ‘All right, guys, we’ve got to put this in in the middle of the game.’ Which is nice for coach LeBeau to be able to go there because I have that experience. It’s lessened my role in the whole scheme of things.”

When he shifts positions, Polamalu said, it’s not just to give the offense a different look but to — in his words — “calibrate our eyes” so everyone on the defense understands what is going on at every level.

“Sometimes when you’re just down, down, down in the box and reading tight ends and in the slot playing man-to-man the entire game, you get into deep pass ... and you see the game differently,” he said. “What’s tough about the position is over half the game I’m playing man-to-man on a receiver, and the other third or quarter I’m playing in the box, and the other one I’m playing deep pass.”

So it’s not as if Polamalu has gone from being an every-day position player to the football equivalent of a designated hitter.

“I think Troy’s back to being Troy,” Clark said.

Just an older, wiser Troy.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2514407-85/polamalu-playing-troy-safety-game-position-experience-player-season-bit#ixzz25L51zFD7