PDA

View Full Version : KDKA reports: PUP

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-29-2006, 06:37 PM
KDKA says a vetran player may be placed on the physically unable to perform list by the end of today...Any news on who it may be????

BlackNGold203
07-29-2006, 06:38 PM
prolly Porter..he had knee surgery this summer

Stlrs4Life
07-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I thought it was reported the oher day that we wouldn't have to put anybody on it?

Atlanta Dan
07-29-2006, 07:08 PM
KDKA-TV website video shows Porter sitting down with an ice bag wrapped around his right knee (he did not participate in the run tests) and the KDKA reporter says Porter "potentially" will be placed on the PUP list as a "precaution."

http://kdka.com/video/?id=18559@kdka.dayport.com

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I hope Joey Porter comes back to full health soon.

BlackNGold203
07-29-2006, 08:12 PM
They knew he wouldnt be ready for the start of camp...he had surgery about a month ago

nicesteel4life
07-29-2006, 09:42 PM
YES.....Porter is on that list.....
No Worries, He will be Ready

SteelerMurf
07-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Just got done watching FSN Pittsburgh and Porter will go on the PUP.

They showed him running hills instead of the run test.

Joey said he has 40 days to get ready for the first game and he will be ready. This could be a blessing in that some other outside backers will get a lot more playing and practice time. I would like to get a good look at Frazier....and Kudla of course.

Polamalu43
07-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I hope Joey Porter comes back to full health soon.

Trust me joey will be back 110% guaranteed.. The guy is a beast ..

83-Steelers-43
07-30-2006, 08:13 AM
From the PPG...............

Pro Bowl linebacker Joey Porter will go on the shelf for the start of training camp, the result of surgery to his right knee May 24, but he vowed he will be in top form when the Steelers open the regular season Sept. 7.

Porter was among nine players who did not participate in yesterday's running drills at St. Vincent College. Afterward, coach Bill Cowher said Porter and receiver Walter Young (foot) will be placed on the physically unable to perform list, a technicality that protects the team in case they cannot begin practicing.

"We're just going to be precautionary," Cowher said.

"We'll bring him along. I want him ready for September and not hinder that by doing something stupid in August. Joey's going to be fine. He's a leader on our football team and I like where he's at. We'll monitor him day to day."

Said Porter as he walked off the field yesterday, "The knee is fine. I'm just rehabbing. I got 40 days before the first game to get ready. I'll be ready."