PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Tonite Charlie Batch!

TheVet
08-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Hope you're with us for yet another year!

:tt04:

TheVet
08-30-2012, 04:49 PM
I know, I know. Tonite will have nothing to do with it (we all know what Charlie can do), and the writing is probably on the wall already. And hell, we may not even keep three QBs.

But if it happens, it will hurt to lose one of my very favorite Steelers.

STEELAMANIA
08-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Goodbye Batch. Thanks for the good years.

TheVet
08-30-2012, 06:13 PM
What a beautiful pass to Sanders!

Honestly, whenever Ben goes down, I've been more comfortable with Charlie than any of our other QBs over the past how-many years. If it was up to me, it would be Batch #2, and the competition would be for the third QB.

Hawaii 5-0
08-30-2012, 06:14 PM
great opening drive by the Steelers punctuated by a great throw and catch by Batch to Sanders! :tt03:

Charlie's not going down without a fight...

Steelersfan87
08-30-2012, 11:33 PM
With how well all three backup quarterbacks performed, it's going to be nearly impossible to keep only two.

Hawaii 5-0
08-31-2012, 12:50 AM
With how well all three backup quarterbacks performed, it's going to be nearly impossible to keep only two.

in their last game performances, Lefty had a 145.8 QB rating, Batch a 120.8 and Johnson a 126.2.

how do you cut any of those three?

Steelersfan87
08-31-2012, 01:00 AM
At this point I think they'll seriously consider keeping all four, with Johnson on the practice squad.

ZiggyHeyward
08-31-2012, 02:07 AM
I think you have to let Charlie go. Great game tonight from a super classy guy but I think they go 2 QB's on the roster and Johnson on PS.

Hawaii 5-0
08-31-2012, 02:10 AM
I think you have to let Charlie go. Great game tonight from a super classy guy but I think they go 2 QB's on the roster and Johnson on PS.

I think they let Charlie go and then re-sign him a day later when they put David DeCastro on IR....

steelfury02
08-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Me hopes Charlie stays until he decides he's ready to help coach :)

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Can we win a Super Bowl with Charlie Batch?? Is he a better option than Leftwich??

I say its time to move on and let him go. Have to get over the notion we need to keep our #3 QB for sentimental reasons. Otherwise, why dont we just put Bayz at the #3 QB and let him collect $1million a yr for holding a clipboard, with no prospect that he will develop his skills.

LambertsLunatic
08-31-2012, 11:58 AM
At this point I'd have more confidence in Charlie than in Lefty. Lefty is just too much of a damned statue in the pocket. I mean....he doesn't move AT ALL. That doesn't work with the O-line we'll be fielding this year.
That being said...if you keep Charlie you've got to keep JJ too. Charlie just doesn't seem durable enough to go for a long stretch of games injury free.

Bayz101
08-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Can we win a Super Bowl with Charlie Batch?? Is he a better option than Leftwich??

I say its time to move on and let him go. Have to get over the notion we need to keep our #3 QB for sentimental reasons. Otherwise, why dont we just put Bayz at the #3 QB and let him collect $1million a yr for holding a clipboard, with no prospect that he will develop his skills.
Hey now, i'm a good quarterback, but I tend to fumble clipboards. :chuckle:

GoFor7
08-31-2012, 12:20 PM

That's easy. The Steelers won't win a Super Bowl with either at QB.

steelfury02
08-31-2012, 12:48 PM
if we met the 49ers in the SB I think we could

Fire Arians
08-31-2012, 12:52 PM

we're not winning one without big ben. but you can say that for any team that loses their franchise qb.

if it comes down to it, if we lose ben for the sb we're screwed lol.

steelfury02
08-31-2012, 01:00 PM
I'll miss him like it's the End of the Road, Boyz II Men style, and that is some serious missing

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-31-2012, 02:45 PM
That's easy. The Steelers won't win a Super Bowl with either at QB.

Exactly...so keep just 1 of them and the rookie. Its not like we need to keep 2 old backup QB's that we cant with with on the roster.

Hawaii 5-0
08-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Exactly...so keep just 1 of them and the rookie. Its not like we need to keep 2 old backup QB's that we cant with with on the roster.

we kept both of the old backup QBs, hope Johnson makes it to the PS because it does look like he has a lot of potential.

GBMelBlount
09-01-2012, 07:58 AM

I guess my question is how many teams do you think could likely win a super bowl with their back up QB?....

Batch is old but he has been solid in one area throughout his career. Wins.

I believe he is a good game manager and I personally trust him more than lefty in the clutch. That's all.

Charlie bleeds black and gold and with the intensity and desire I saw this past game he is a keeper in my book.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I guess my question is how many teams do you think could likely win a super bowl with their back up QB?....

Batch is old but he has been solid in one area throughout his career. Wins.

I believe he is a good game manager and I personally trust him more than lefty in the clutch. That's all.

Charlie bleeds black and gold and with the intensity and desire I saw this past game he is a keeper in my book.

Very few teams can win it all with their backups.

IMO, Charlie Batch has a very weak arm, limited mobility and a fragile body. So he knows the playbook, but has no upside whatsoever as a QB. We know that if he needs to play, he can hand it off a lot and throw some timing routes, but is good for an INT or 2 a game with his weak arm.

I really don't understand why we want our #3 QB with those limited abilities, but I am not going to worry about our #3 QB much. I think its another case that if we released him, he probably would have as much interest from other teams as other guys we let hang around here too long. (None)

sluggermatt15
09-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Very few teams can win it all with their backups.

IMO, Charlie Batch has a very weak arm, limited mobility and a fragile body. So he knows the playbook, but has no upside whatsoever as a QB. We know that if he needs to play, he can hand it off a lot and throw some timing routes, but is good for an INT or 2 a game with his weak arm.

I really don't understand why we want our #3 QB with those limited abilities, but I am not going to worry about our #3 QB much. I think its another case that if we released him, he probably would have as much interest from other teams as other guys we let hang around here too long. (None)

I haven't watched Batch play this preseason, but I bet he does not look in his form from last season or in years past, based on some comments. However, I believe a strong factor that he is still around has to do with his NFL experience. When you compare him to Jerrod Johnson, I would think Tomlin wanted an experienced backup over a rookie who played all right in the preseason. If Big Ben would ever go down, Tomlin knows can rely on Batch. Not sure he has the same confidence for a guy like Johnson.

Just my two cents. IMO you go with the hot hand.

Steelersfan87
09-01-2012, 10:39 PM
He looked like he had plenty of arm on that throw to Sanders. He's also been plenty healthy for the last few years. He's more mobile than Leftwich as well.