PDA

View Full Version : Bush agrees to six-year deal with Saints

BlackNGold203
07-29-2006, 10:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2534056

The New Orleans Saints and first-round draft choice Reggie Bush agreed to terms late Saturday night on a six-year contract, ESPN.com has learned.

Financial terms of the contract, which will be signed on Sunday, were not yet available. But based on discussions with NFL sources throughout Saturday, as the two sides moved closer to the accord, it appears that Bush's contract will easily exceed the one signed earlier this week by Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young, and will come very close to the deal for top overall pick Mario Williams.

LambertIsGod58
07-30-2006, 07:50 AM
THIS IS OUTSTANDING!!!! I took over the last place team in my buddy's Fantasy League. It's a FIVE keeper league. Not too happy bout that...But I get the 1st pick.

With the 1st pick of the CNYFFL Draft, LambertIsGod58 selects Reggie Bush, Running Back form the New Orleans Saints.

Boy that sends shivers up my spine.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Brees, McAllister and Reggie Bush in the backfield - that's enough to make Jim Haslett want to put a bullet in his head.

Memo to Reggie...retofit your ride with bullet proof glass. It appears as if N.O. proves old habits are hard to break.

lilyoder6
07-31-2006, 04:42 PM
lol.. payton is gonna have so many plays invovling duece and bush.it's gonna be great.

tony hipchest
07-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Saints? That should send shivers up anyone's spine :sofunny:

Seriously, he might not be your best bet. He's a big playmaker, but the Aints always find a way to screw up a good thing.

Plus he's splitting backfield duties with Deuce McAlister and Michael Bennett. That could hold his numbers down, especially if Brees isn't at 100% when the season starts. seems like bennett is on the trading block. the owner wants to do bennett right and possibly trade him to the rams who have an obvious need. he would also not be too far behind in linnehans system from their vikings days together. (saints gm spoke about it today in a sirius radio interview)

Black@Gold Forever32
07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Bennett will be gone. Drew Brees is a smart QB and will get the ball to Reggie Bush. Bush is going to be a very exciting player to watch.

Ambridge
08-01-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't think Reggie will be hurting for playing time this season.
Besides carries out of the backfield he'll get touches on special teams and it's been mentioned that he'll probably get lined up as a receiver as well on certain plays.

lilyoder6
08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
he has the three R's in him
Running
Receiving
Returning