PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger and Keisel named captains for '12 season

LayingTheWoodley56
09-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Just saw it on Facebook. I know we've been one of few teams who don't have a few players wearing those "C" patches. I wonder if Keis and Ben will don them for this year now with this announcement.

I like the selections, at any rate. It's an encouraging sign that Ben's teammates have come to regard him as a leader, though I am not surprised. It's been evident since his suspension that he's worked hard at becoming a better teammate and locker room presence. You see him engaged on the sidelines, barking encouragement to Batch and Johnson and doing everything he can to help with the offense during the preseason now, something that he maybe lacked during his more cavalier days in the late 00's.

As for Brett, it makes sense. He's the longest tenured defensive Steeler after Big Snack, if I'm not mistaken, and figures to have a larger on-field presence then Case this year.

Hawaii 5-0
09-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Steelers Name Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Keisel Captains for 2012 Season

by Neal Coolong on Sep 3, 2012

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/5288001/GYI0062087230.jpg

The Steelers have announced QB Ben Roethlisberger and DE Brett Keisel will serve as captains for the 2012 season.

This is Roethlisberger's fourth season as captain, serving previously in 2008, 2009 and 2011. It's Keisel's first year as captain.

It's the first time since 2007 the Steelers named two captains, instead of three or more. In 2007, the Steelers named Hines Ward and James Farrior captain. Incidentally, both Ward and Farrior were captains last year, but both were released this offseason.

Ward was a captain from 2005-11, and Farrior from 2004-11.

Keisel has been on the Steelers roster since 2002, and made the Pro Bowl in 2010. His captaincy isn't surprising, given he'll be the most experienced Steelers defender in terms of tenure and the amount of snaps he's likely to take in 2012. NT Casey Hampton has been with the team longer, but will play a limited number of snaps, especially early this year.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/3/3289436/steelers-roster-news-captain-ben-roethlisberger-brett-keisel-2012

FanSince72
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Just saw it on Facebook. I know we've been one of few teams who don't have a few players wearing those "C" patches. I wonder if Keis and Ben will don them for this year now with this announcement.

I like the selections, at any rate. It's an encouraging sign that Ben's teammates have come to regard him as a leader, though I am not surprised. It's been evident since his suspension that he's worked hard at becoming a better teammate and locker room presence. You see him engaged on the sidelines, barking encouragement to Batch and Johnson and doing everything he can to help with the offense during the preseason now, something that he maybe lacked during his more cavalier days in the late 00's.

As for Brett, it makes sense. He's the longest tenured defensive Steeler after Big Snack, if I'm not mistaken, and figures to have a larger on-field presence then Case this year.

I absolutely agree with everything you've written.

I think Ben HAS come a long way and I think the team is finally accepting him more as a good teammate rather than simply supporting him because he's the starting QB.

As for Keisel?
What more is there to say?
He has become the "face" of the Steeler Defense (even though his actual face is hard to see) and is a great example of a "Team" player!

I'm really not sure what to think of this year's team in terms of the "X's and O's" or in terms of the overall talent, but for the first time in a while I'm actually feeling a sense of chemistry that's been missing for a while.

Let's face it, talent may get you scores and stats, but it's Chemistry that wins championships!

BlacknGold76
09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Steelers Name Ben Roethlisberger, Brett Keisel Captains for 2012 Season

by Neal Coolong on Sep 3, 2012

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/5288001/GYI0062087230.jpg

The Steelers have announced QB Ben Roethlisberger and DE Brett Keisel will serve as captains for the 2012 season.

This is Roethlisberger's fourth season as captain, serving previously in 2008, 2009 and 2011. It's Keisel's first year as captain.

It's the first time since 2007 the Steelers named two captains, instead of three or more. In 2007, the Steelers named Hines Ward and James Farrior captain. Incidentally, both Ward and Farrior were captains last year, but both were released this offseason.

Ward was a captain from 2005-11, and Farrior from 2004-11.

Keisel has been on the Steelers roster since 2002, and made the Pro Bowl in 2010. His captaincy isn't surprising, given he'll be the most experienced Steelers defender in terms of tenure and the amount of snaps he's likely to take in 2012. NT Casey Hampton has been with the team longer, but will play a limited number of snaps, especially early this year.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/3/3289436/steelers-roster-news-captain-ben-roethlisberger-brett-keisel-2012

Now THAT is freaking awesome.......:tt02: