PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Broncos Final Score

sax
09-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Steelers vs Broncos

Broncos Home advantage Broncos
QB Manning Advantage Broncos
QB Ben "ability to extend play" Advantage Steelers
To Win Steelers will need some turnovers & Score some with them!
Hold Denver to some field goals.
Some long time eating drives for Steelers (less times for Payton to have Football)

Steelers 27
Broncos 23

Later,
Sax

WVABE
09-05-2012, 06:51 AM
23-17 W

steelfury02
09-05-2012, 07:56 AM
24-20 Steelers get the huge W

teegre
09-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Manning looks rusty & tentative.  The defense wants avenge last year's loss; ergo, lots of pressure.  Added all up: seven sacks, two INTs.

Starks, The Colon, & a healthy Pouncey give BB more time than last year.  Far less pressure, and red-zone possessions aren't squandered and/or BB isn't "sacked" out of FG range.  Three sacks; no turnovers.  

Manning:  230 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT  
BB:  275 yards, 3 TDs  

PITT:  27  
DENV:  13  

GoFor7
09-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Anyone remember the 2010 game against New England? The Steelers shouldn't waste several early downs trying to establish the running game to please the fans and owner. Nor should they go into a scared defensive shell because the coaching staff is scared of Manning, like they've done too many times against Brady. Besides, the defense is a question mark going into this game. Play to the strengths of the talent on offense, it's their best chance. Give Ben the keys to the offense. If they do that, then I'll predict:

PIT: 31
DEN: 27

vasteeler
09-05-2012, 09:08 AM
48-0 steelers:tt04::tt02::tt:

Millers the sh!t
09-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Mannings inaccurate and throws a pick for the day, doesn't try being the hero or lets his ego get in the way, he uses his running game way more than you all think. Going over 120 on us. Keeps his passes short and intermediate mostly to the sidelines. Gos on a possible game winning drive but to no success. Steelers start slow but finish strong. 24 - 20 Steelers W.

sluggermatt15
09-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I predict 22-21 Pittsburgh.

I envision the Steelers getting off to a slow start - a three-and-out and maybe a Denver TD. However, when the game is on the line, Big Ben makes a BIG play to Wallace or Brown and we come away with the W.

I am just a little concerned with the defense and slowing down Manning He's one of the best ever at the helm.

steelfury02
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I just want our D to get some real pressure up the middle - if they keep him running around we win

ebsteelers
09-05-2012, 10:39 AM
you know the drill boys

every wednesday will shoot this thread out there for predictions for the following game.

gives you a few days to chat about the last game, then to get ready for the next.

steelers 17

broncos14

ole peyton gonna be on his butt alot Sunday night
:tt:

LVSteelersfan
09-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Steelers 28 Broncos 20

steelfury02
09-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Look, another prediction thread! ALLLLRIIIIIIGHT!
Steelers 24
Broncos 20

http://www.marijuana.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Spicoli.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Sadly, I think we lose the opener without Ryan Clark and the Steelers offense still evolving. Broncos 27- Steelers 20.

I hope I am wrong.

steelfury02
09-05-2012, 12:44 PM
you're beastly wrong :)

seriously though it's going to be a tough one, and in true Steeler fashion, this game will give Steeler Nation another heart attack

Fire Arians
09-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I hope I'm wrong: Denver 24, Steelers 20

Harrison's health is the biggest concern and we need him to be able to get in manning's face. if that doesn't happen it may be a long night

steelfury02
09-05-2012, 01:01 PM
good point

Someone other than Woodley needs to put Manning on the ground. You gotta believe they are going to try and neutralize Woodley and attack Clark's territory

StainlessStill
09-05-2012, 01:11 PM
24- 16 STILLERS.:tt04:

teegre
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Sadly, I think we lose the opener without Ryan Clark and the Steelers offense still evolving. Broncos 27- Steelers 20.

I hope I am wrong.

I've stated on here numerous times: I wouldn't mind an opening day loss, followed by 18 straight wins.  

It alleviates the while "perfect season" pressure (and allows PITT to fly under the radar).  

But, "alas" ( :wink02: ), I see a win.

LayingTheWoodley56
09-05-2012, 04:03 PM
24-17 steelers!

1st&Goal
09-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Steelers eek it out 27-24 in OT. WIth NO MORE INJURIES!

teegre
09-05-2012, 05:35 PM
WIth NO MORE INJURIES!

That... n'at... n'at... and more of that.

ARKIESTEEL
09-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Peyton does not have the same timing down with these WR's as he had with his old ones, that and the Broncos was last years 26 ranked rush defense that and that equals a long day for the Broncos. Plus I am going to the game so I do not expect a loss

Steelers 28
Broncos 14

LVSteelersfan
09-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Troy has a history of hiding in the weeds with Manning and picking him off. I think he will do it once more when one of the Bronco's receivers goes the wrong way. I really expect the Steelers offense is going to surprise the crap out of people this year especially with Wallace back in the fold. I am predicting a huge game for Sanders and Rainey as the Broncos will focus on Brown and Wallace. When they try to shut that down, Wallace will bust a big one which will end up being the difference in the game. Don't you just love all of us amateur guessers? I must admit I live in Las Vegas and am not rich from making football picks.

SoCalFan
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
If we go surprise no huddle at times we win 24-10!!! Release the beast!!!

greensboro_steeler_fan
09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Steelers win 24-13

Galax Steeler
09-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Steelers win 27 to 17

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Broncos 24 - Steelers 20

Rotten luck the Steelers seem to play in Denver every year and cannot play Ryan Clark

stb_steeler
09-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Harrison..(if he plays) gets called on a bogus late hit call on Manning.
Goodhell serves up a 1 million dollar fine....:doh:

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-06-2012, 09:02 PM
When I first saw this year's schedule, this was a game I was worried about.

I still am... but I'm picking the Steelers, 27-24, in a squeaker... even without James Harrison.

Hawaii 5-0
09-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Know Thy Enemy: Steelers v Broncos

Sep 6th, 2012 by CraigSteelers

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2012/09/6474620.jpg?ccb5c8

Fans are thrilled with Peyton Manning and his performance in the preseason, particularly the last game he played when he went 10-for-22 for 122 yards and 2 touchdowns in less than one quarter of play. He’s connecting with his receivers and brings a ‘win now’ attitude to the team.

Out at training camp, you could hear his voice booming over the practice field, even more so than any of the coaches. His teammates look up to him as a leader and want to play better for him. It’s going to be an exciting season in Denver.

The defense was ranked 20th overall last season yet somehow helped scrap enough wins together for a playoff run. What are the glaring weaknesses this year, and how do you think the team/coaches are addressing this?

The Broncos are weak at linebacker right now. Our leading tackler D.J. Williams is suspended for at least six games, and the team has had to deal with injuries at the position. Veteran newcomer Keith Brooking missed nearly all of training camp with a hamstring injury. Add in some youth at the position, and that’s where you have your biggest question mark.

How did the Broncos do in the offseason with acquisitions and draft picks? Who should we be looking for on Sunday?

Aside from Manning, the team brought WR Brandon Stokley back and added TE Jacob Tamme to give Manning some familiar targets. They also added S Mike Adams and CB Tracy Porter to provide experience in the secondary. Last season, teams would simply throw away from Champ Bailey, and find a wide open man down field. That was a glaring weakness that the team had to address in the off season.

Keep an eye on the Broncos first draft pick from last year, defensive tackle Derek Wolfe. No player moved up the depth chart as much or as quickly as Wolfe. His first preseason game, and he records two sacks. While at Cincinnati, he once took on a triple team against Pittsburgh and forced a fumble. This is a hungry kid who will do the Broncos right in the future.

Predictions?

The Broncos squeak out their first win 24-17 on Sunday night. It will be a close game, but I believe Manning will throw a touchdown late in the game.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/09/06/know-thy-enemy-steelers-v-broncos/

joeyssteelcurtain
09-07-2012, 06:25 AM
38-13
Ben 336 yards and 4 td's

Atlanta Dan
09-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Dejan Kovacevic - Trtibune-Review

Broncos 27, Steelers 13

http://triblive.com/home/2547157-74/steelers-broncos-sacks-denver-miller-defensive-manning-tackle-team-ben#axzz25mgpmvfP

steelfury02
09-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I have had utmost respect for Denver D - I think they have been underrated - however, I think they are vulnerable against the run and I think we have just enough (and honestly, I feel a whole lot more) in our stable of running backs to keep things balanced - even if it is just Dwyer and Redman, with some potentially exciting dynamics sprinkled in via Rainey

I think it will be a tough contest, and I think the Denver O (Manning) is not as rusty as people may think. I'm more afraid of Manning playing a little possum with his actual abilities than I am of the edge rush. I respect it, but let's not forget our line is better than the last time, even without Decastro. I'm sticking with my prediction. Steelers 24 - Broncos 20.

Oh yea, and there is that thing, you may remember it, it's called the Steelers Defense, which is also, if not even more so than the Denver D, chomping at the bit.

SoCalFan
09-07-2012, 10:55 AM
So nobody agrees with my no huddle theory? Hmmm...

GoFor7
09-07-2012, 11:43 AM
So nobody agrees with my no huddle theory? Hmmm...

I do. The Steelers can't go into scared defensive shell mode in this game. Go up-tempo and wear down those pass rushers, and make old man Manning play catch-up in his first game in almost two years with a new team after four surgeries.

But I think the score would be a little higher than 24-10.

steelfury02
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I would love to see our team come out firing in the no-huddle - I think that would send a clear message to the rest of the league - if it is going to become part of their weekly arsenal - I guess they better get crackin at it and get some real game experience trying to utilize it

I wonder however, if this would be something that is intended for the 2nd half, after we've battered them with our RB committee

GoFor7
09-07-2012, 12:16 PM
I would love to see our team come out firing in the no-huddle - I think that would send a clear message to the rest of the league - if it is going to become part of their weekly arsenal - I guess they better get crackin at it and get some real game experience trying to utilize it

I wonder however, if this would be something that is intended for the 2nd half, after we've battered them with our RB committee

That would defeat the purpose of making Manning play catch-up. Remember, the defense is a question mark going into this game. Don't expect it to be at 2008 caliber. Putting extra pressure on Manning could result in a gift for a short-handed defense.

GoFor7
09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Okay, so I'm watching NFL Live on ESPN, and early in the show Teddy Bruschi was talking about how Peyton Manning wouldn't miss a beat and the OLD Steelers defense wouldn't stand a chance in the altitude in Denver.

So then later in the show they were doing predictions for all of the NFL games on sunday, and he picks the Steelers to beat the Broncos - citing that Manning would get off to a slow start.

:doh:

jjpro11
09-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm bracing for a loss. i hate the fact that we won't have Clark and Harrison on defense. We have a young CB taking over the #2 spot (remember William Gay's first year starting), zero LB depth, first game with a new offense, Wallace and Ben probably don't have their timing down yet, no Mendenhall, and I am probably forgetting something.

On the other hand, our oline should be a little better than last year with Colon healthy, even without DeCastro. Manning could also be rusty and play like crap.

This game is impossible to predict because there are so many different variables and changes between both teams.

Hawaii 5-0
09-08-2012, 02:45 PM
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 07, 2012

posted by Dale Lolley

Who I like, Steelers-Broncos

This is an interesting matchup in that Denver will be breaking in 12 new free agent players.

Typically, teams that add that many veteran free agents take some time to gel. Of course, one of those free agents is QB Peyton Manning, so perhaps he will make up for some of those issues.

The Steelers will be without James Harrison and Ryan Clark on defense, which makes them a little vulnerable. But you can bet that Dick LeBeau will come up with something different on his 75th birthday to help make up for who's missing.

The Broncos will be without guard Chris Kuper (arm) and linebacker D.J. Williams (suspension). The absence of Williams is a big one. He's been tough on the Steelers over the years.

I like the Steelers, 24-20.

@ The Steelers finally placed rookie guard David DeCastro on injured reserve on Friday when they signed cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke.

DeCastro will be eligible to return in eight weeks.

Van Dyke, meanwhile, will be used to help bolster the special teams unit, which was spotty in the preseason.

With that move, the Steelers now have just eight active offensive linemen and 10 defensive backs. That means a move could be coming next week when safety Ryan Clark is ready to play against the Jets.

There's no way the Steelers are comfortable having rookie Kelvin Beachum as one of their active players at this point.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/

GoFor7
09-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm changing my prediction......

Steelers: 119
Broncos: 98

Stats:
Roethlisberger: 75/90, 777 yds, 17 TDs, 0 INTs
Manning: 46/80, 689 yds, 12 TDs, 8 INTs
PIT Rushing Yards: 312
DEN Rushing Yards: 209
Number of stubborn 70's yinzers on suicide watch: 134

tanda10506
09-08-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm changing my prediction......

Steelers: 119
Broncos: 98

Stats:
Roethlisberger: 75/90, 777 yds, 17 TDs, 0 INTs
Manning: 46/80, 689 yds, 12 TDs, 8 INTs
PIT Rushing Yards: 312
DEN Rushing Yards: 209
Number of stubborn 70's yinzers on suicide watch: 134

...somebody just got Madden 13 :chuckle:

My opinion on the outcome keeps changing as it gets closer. With Harrison and Clark out, and a new #2 CB, we need Carter to channel some of that Joey Porter attitude that he had going into Denver and put the heat on Manning. We can't send full blitzes against Peyton all the time, he'll beat them eventually. We need to get pressure from rushing 4, and that means Carter stepping up. The closer it gets, the less I like our odds. Seems like Denver is pretty healthy, especially compared to us, and they looked to have their offense down better in the preseason. Hopefully I'm wrong, I would love to kick their ass and start the season strong.

GBMelBlount
09-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Steelers 27 Denver 20

azbronco
09-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Seems like most people on here are smart and predicting a tough game. All forums will have those few homers who will claim blowouts every game.

Very tough opening game for both teams I think. Steelers always play with a great deal of pride and will almost always "be in the game".

You got a few players dinged up, sitting out and a few just now trying to get back into game shape.

I think the Steelers make a concentrated effort to try and run much more, starting out of the gate. The last thing they want is a banged up QB in week 1. The Broncos have 2 guys who can get to him often in Miller and Doom. Both guys are supreme at rushing the passer but not the strongest against the run. I think the Steelers try and avoid the big hits on Ben and sacks from these 2 by running the ball.....alot. Even if it's not having a ton of success early in the game. The Broncos pass rushing is stellar as everybody knows but the run D did get better with Warren finally being healthy after 2 years on IR. Plus rookie Wolf looks like the real deal. Not spectacular yet but very solid with a high motor. Secondary is improved as well. Where the Broncos are weakest, yup, at LB. DJ sitting out while suspended and Miller really only a pass rusher at this point. They have nothing else after that. Mays sucks big time and Woodard is only backup material IMO. Trev could be a nice pick up for them but he's been hurt all preseason so nothing to really go on as far as how he will look in this defense. I think the Broncos D can be stout against the run since the D line has improved so much. I think the area to attack them is short crossing routes in front of these LB's. They can't cover that well and Mays either destroys the guy he hits or he completely whiffs, more often he whiffs. Some screen passes could work well also.

Broncos on offense - looking much better. Obviously with Manning you would expect that. Sucks they lost their badass G in Kuper but the line as a whole is doing a good job protecting Manning and opening holes for McGahee. I do see Polamalu snagging and INT in this game, he's crafty. Manning has been getting more crisp with these WR's, more so then many people think. Decker and Thomas are both threats and Stokley knows Manning and those 2 will be on the same page. I think the TE's for the Broncos are decent but nothing special. The only area I see Manning having a little bit of struggle with so far is the deep seem pass. He's good on everything else. Expect alot of short stuff in the middle and the longer routes to the sides. I do expect some no huddle in there a few times, especially in the 2nd half to try and gas this defense at altitude.

I don't expect a TON of points. Usually defenses are ahead of offenses this early in the season, there will be jitters, miscommunication, and all that.

Tough first game - I think Steelers just a bit to banged up to pull it off in Mile High.

Broncos 26
Steelers 17

Goldsteel86
09-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Seems like most people on here are smart and predicting a tough game. All forums will have those few homers who will claim blowouts every game.

Very tough opening game for both teams I think. Steelers always play with a great deal of pride and will almost always "be in the game".

You got a few players dinged up, sitting out and a few just now trying to get back into game shape.

I think the Steelers make a concentrated effort to try and run much more, starting out of the gate. The last thing they want is a banged up QB in week 1. The Broncos have 2 guys who can get to him often in Miller and Doom. Both guys are supreme at rushing the passer but not the strongest against the run. I think the Steelers try and avoid the big hits on Ben and sacks from these 2 by running the ball.....alot. Even if it's not having a ton of success early in the game. The Broncos pass rushing is stellar as everybody knows but the run D did get better with Warren finally being healthy after 2 years on IR. Plus rookie Wolf looks like the real deal. Not spectacular yet but very solid with a high motor. Secondary is improved as well. Where the Broncos are weakest, yup, at LB. DJ sitting out while suspended and Miller really only a pass rusher at this point. They have nothing else after that. Mays sucks big time and Woodard is only backup material IMO. Trev could be a nice pick up for them but he's been hurt all preseason so nothing to really go on as far as how he will look in this defense. I think the Broncos D can be stout against the run since the D line has improved so much. I think the area to attack them is short crossing routes in front of these LB's. They can't cover that well and Mays either destroys the guy he hits or he completely whiffs, more often he whiffs. Some screen passes could work well also.

Broncos on offense - looking much better. Obviously with Manning you would expect that. Sucks they lost their badass G in Kuper but the line as a whole is doing a good job protecting Manning and opening holes for McGahee. I do see Polamalu snagging and INT in this game, he's crafty. Manning has been getting more crisp with these WR's, more so then many people think. Decker and Thomas are both threats and Stokley knows Manning and those 2 will be on the same page. I think the TE's for the Broncos are decent but nothing special. The only area I see Manning having a little bit of struggle with so far is the deep seem pass. He's good on everything else. Expect alot of short stuff in the middle and the longer routes to the sides. I do expect some no huddle in there a few times, especially in the 2nd half to try and gas this defense at altitude.

I don't expect a TON of points. Usually defenses are ahead of offenses this early in the season, there will be jitters, miscommunication, and all that.

Tough first game - I think Steelers just a bit to banged up to pull it off in Mile High.

Broncos 26
Steelers 17

I appreciate your opinion, but there is one thing you seem to have forgot, speed kills! Now I am sure you have heard that Wallace is back, I guarantee he is not out of shape, Antonio Brown, well I am sure you know him, Chris Rainey, you will get a nice dose of him, Emmanuel Sanders is no slouch, finally, please remember this isn't Bruce Arians' offense anymore. Denver will have a hard time game planning for what Haley has in store, either way, good luck.

GBMelBlount
09-08-2012, 06:02 PM

Broncos 26
Steelers 17

Number one defense in the NFL
Top 5 QB
Top 5 receiving Corp
2nd most wins in nfl last 5 years and a couple super bowls.

....all while "banged up" for the most part.

Thanks, but I think I will stand pat with the steelers. :thumbsup:

cubanstogie
09-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm bracing for a loss. i hate the fact that we won't have Clark and Harrison on defense. We have a young CB taking over the #2 spot (remember William Gay's first year starting), zero LB depth, first game with a new offense, Wallace and Ben probably don't have their timing down yet, no Mendenhall, and I am probably forgetting something.

On the other hand, our oline should be a little better than last year with Colon healthy, even without DeCastro. Manning could also be rusty and play like crap.

This game is impossible to predict because there are so many different variables and changes between both teams.

I agree its very hard to predict due to injuries and new offense. If the Steelers win I will be happier than I usually am. In the past I always expect a W, but the fact they lost to Tebow leading them and now have one of the best ever scares me. I know a lot of people think with Haley we will be much improved and I hope they are right, but our o line and running game is still below average, at least on paper. I hope I am surprised and we can actually run the ball. Ben and receiving corps including Miller is top 3 in league IMO. I am a homer and never pick against the Steelers, so I will go with 31-27 Steelers.

azbronco
09-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I appreciate your opinion, but there is one thing you seem to have forgot, speed kills! Now I am sure you have heard that Wallace is back, I guarantee he is not out of shape, Antonio Brown, well I am sure you know him, Chris Rainey, you will get a nice dose of him, Emmanuel Sanders is no slouch, finally, please remember this isn't Bruce Arians' offense anymore. Denver will have a hard time game planning for what Haley has in store, either way, good luck.

I haven't forgotten that the Steelers have a nice set of WR's. They're solid at that position. It's your OL that could be the problem. Speed kills when your WR's have time to get down field, and then, that's only half the battle. The QB has to have time to set those feet for long passes. We shall see if the Steelers OL can give him the time he needs.

And mostly, I'm interested to see how well the Steelers secondary is. I mean, the worst throwing QB in the league (Tebow) threw for over 300 yards against them so we'll see if they've improved from that.

Again, I think it will be a scrappy game. A season is not lost or made in week 1 so hopefully both teams can play a great game and no injuries on either side.

Hey real quick - anybody got some fantasy advice. Who should I start (Brandon Lloyd or Darren Sproles).

Pittsburgh43
09-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Steelers aren't gonna lose on Coach LeBeau's birthday. Even without Harrison or Clark, I see a dominant effort coming from our D. Peyton's gonna get hit & knocked down, no doubt about it. Ben's gonna be released, hopefully in a no-huddle fashion, and the Denver secondary is gonna have a real problem covering Wallace, AB, Sanders, Cotch & Rainey. Throw Heath in there too. Denver is also going to miss DJ Williams at linebacker, he's always played well against the Steelers.

Steelers 31
Broncos 17

Steel_Bus_24
09-09-2012, 03:24 AM
Can't lie.....The Tebow Legend telling that has been exaggerated by the second since that game happened

has me wanting this one more then I thought I would. By now, people would have you believe Tebow punked the 70s steel curtain......when really the Steelers were a banged up M.A.S.H unit out there in that game

Time to open up with a statement to all those who want to see the Steelers fall.

The statement is

"Guess What???The Steelers are still here, and they're going to beat your asses into the Ground"

ricardisimo
09-09-2012, 03:54 AM
Peyton's never done all that well against us, and he won't start tomorrow.

Steelers 24 - Broncos 13

Goldsteel86
09-09-2012, 06:20 AM
I haven't forgotten that the Steelers have a nice set of WR's. They're solid at that position. It's your OL that could be the problem. Speed kills when your WR's have time to get down field, and then, that's only half the battle. The QB has to have time to set those feet for long passes. We shall see if the Steelers OL can give him the time he needs.

And mostly, I'm interested to see how well the Steelers secondary is. I mean, the worst throwing QB in the league (Tebow) threw for over 300 yards against them so we'll see if they've improved from that.

Again, I think it will be a scrappy game. A season is not lost or made in week 1 so hopefully both teams can play a great game and no injuries on either side.

Hey real quick - anybody got some fantasy advice. Who should I start (Brandon Lloyd or Darren Sproles).

Agreed Tebow did throw for over 300 yards, but you know the old saying the sun shines on every dog's ass at least once, that was the day that Tebow's ass got sun burned.

Steeldude
09-09-2012, 08:50 AM
And of course, as always, everyone predicts the Steelers to win. I guess the Steelers will be 16-0 again :thumbsup:

3rdandlong
09-09-2012, 09:12 AM
You know why I like our chances to win tonight? Bruce Arians is no longer at the helm calling plays. His playcalling, inability to adapt to what the defense was doing killed us. I think Haley will be a lot better in this respect. So I predict the Steelers to win 27-21.

big pig
09-09-2012, 01:15 PM
16-9 W , I hope. What do I win?!

sluggermatt15
09-09-2012, 06:27 PM
And of course, as always, everyone predicts the Steelers to win. I guess the Steelers will be 16-0 again :thumbsup:

Only AFC team to EVER go 15-1! :tt03:

I initially predicted us to win tonight, but given all the injuries - Clark (sickle cell), Harrison, Mendenhall, DeCastro - I don't like our chances. I'm trying to be realistic. I'll take Denver on a reverse pick. :noidea:

AgentGold007
09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
:tt04:34-20 Steelers!

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2012, 09:59 AM
I guess I wasnt far off with my 27-20 Broncos prediction.

No Ryan Clark and a new Steeler offense were going to have a hard time in Mile High. Add there was no pass rush without Harrison and its a tougher task. Long season people, lets move on to next week and get healthy.

steelfury02
09-10-2012, 10:07 AM
word.

Also, may I add, a loss for the Ravens tonight:chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
09-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Steelers regroup after another Denver disaster

ASSOCIATED PRESS

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/storyimage/GE/20120911/FOOTBALL04/309119941/AR/0/AR-309119941.jpg&MaxW=300&MaxH=400

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is over the Denver Broncos.

After watching one season end and another begin with a pair of painful losses nine months apart in the Mile High city, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is OK if his team's travel plans don't include Denver for a while.

"I'd like to say I hope we come back here, but I hope we don't," Roethlisberger said after the Steelers fell 31-19 Sunday night. "I hope they come back to our place because it's a nice advantage."

A rematch in the playoffs isn't out of the question, even if the Steelers were less than thrilled with letting Denver and Peyton Manning pour in 24 points during a spirited second-half rally.

"We just weren't making any plays -- any significant plays," safety Troy Polamalu said. "We weren't getting pressure. We weren't getting pass breakups. We just weren't making plays."

At least, not the kind of plays the Steelers are used to making.

Once the Broncos switched to the no-huddle offense in the second quarter with Manning calling the shots at the line of scrimmage, the Steelers looked a half-step slow. The four-time MVP passed for 253 yards and two scores and was barely touched over the final two quarters as Pittsburgh failed to win on Hall of Fame defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau's 75th birthday.

"We just couldn't get to Peyton," defensive end Brett Keisel said. "He was getting the ball out quick."

Something that's hardly a part of Roethlisberger's game.

The quarterback never met a play he didn't like to extend, though Denver's swarming defense took advantage of a battered offensive line to sack him five times and force him into a handful of tough throws.

The biggest coming on a late sideline pass to Emmanuel Sanders on Pittsburgh's final meaningful drive that Broncos cornerback Tracy Porter turned into a game-deciding 43-yard interception return for a touchdown.

"I should have called timeout," Roethlisberger said. "The play clock was running down. I hate to burn timeouts, but I should have. We were covered all over the place. There's no one to blame but myself."

The ending marred a solid if not exactly spectacular start to the Todd Haley era in Pittsburgh. The Steelers brought in the fiery Haley as offensive coordinator in the offseason to become more effective running the ball and take some of the pressure off Roethlisberger's broad shoulders.

Though Pittsburgh struggled moving it on the ground, needing 26 carries to manage 75 yards, the Steelers controlled the clock and the game for long stretches. They converted 11-of-19 third downs, and during a 14-minute span between the second and third quarters ran 30 plays while Manning took all of one snap, a kneel-down at that.

Not bad for a unit that lost right tackle Marcus Gilbert to a hyperextended left knee and right guard Ramon Foster to an eye injury in the first half. Neither returned, leaving Pittsburgh with a patchwork line that looked awfully similar to the one the Steelers used in January's 29-23 overtime loss to the Broncos in the playoffs.

The group managed to keep the Steelers competitive until the end, and coach Mike Tomlin is optimistic Gilbert and Foster will be back in the lineup Sunday against the suddenly explosive New York Jets (1-0).

Though the loss was disappointing, it pales in comparison to the 35-7 debacle against Baltimore in last year's season opener, when Pittsburgh turned it over seven times and looked overwhelmed.

"This one wasn't as bad, but it's bad for me because I hate to have that happen and it stings," Roethlisberger said.

Pittsburgh recovered to win 12 games last fall. Expectations are just as high again this season, though the schedule isn't nearly as user-friendly. Three of the next five games are on the road, with the two home games against the Jets and instate rival Philadelphia.

The Steelers are hardly ready to panic -- they never are -- but they didn't plan on spending the second half against the Broncos chasing receivers downfield. It happened anyway, with Manning's 71-yard touchdown pass to DeMaryius Thomas looking eerily like Tim Tebow's 80-yard strike to Thomas on the first play of overtime in January's playoff game.

Thomas took a short pass from Manning, used a couple of blocks and sprinted for a score to give Denver a 14-13 lead, with Pittsburgh safety Ryan Mundy -- who chased Thomas fruitlessly down the sideline in the playoff game -- in hot pursuit.

Same players. Same end zone. Same result.

At least this time, the season isn't over. And Denver is off the schedule. At least for now.

"You always want to start strong," Keisel said. "We've got some things we need to get better at. We'll take a look at this and hopefully learn from our mistakes."

http://www.goerie.com/article/20120911/FOOTBALL04/309119941/Steelers-regroup-after-another-Denver-disaster

Steeldude
09-11-2012, 01:21 AM
I guess I wasnt far off with my 27-20 Broncos prediction.

No Ryan Clark and a new Steeler offense were going to have a hard time in Mile High. Add there was no pass rush without Harrison and its a tougher task. Long season people, lets move on to next week and get healthy.

Pretty good prediction. I wasn't about to put my prediction up because I knew certain fans would whine uncontrollably.