PDA

View Full Version : just a little bit rediculous?

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 06:52 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/66311/ (day 1 camp report) 14,000 fans show up

"The loudest cheers were for Ben Roethlisberger when he made the walk down onto the field from the locker rooms; there were cheers for things that happened on the field. Clark Haggans even was cheered loudly when he needed to use the porta-john."

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Hey I wouldn't expect anything less from the Steelers Nation. Thats why I love the Nation. We love our football and our team.

"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
07-30-2006, 06:57 PM
I mean I think everyone is anxious (esp. the fans) for camp. And they were just having a little fun.....I don't think they meant anything by it....but I am happy to hear that 14,000 fans showed up....way to respresent!

BlackNGold203
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey...you know Clark takes a stylish dump!!!!

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

BB2W
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
That would be awesome to receive such great fan support while dropping the kids off at the pool. I wonder if he looked before he flushed... I would have done an end zone celebration called the "Turd Cutter" after I was done.

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 07:06 PM
i dont know what suprises me more. the fact that they cheered someone taking a crap...

or that they didnt "boo" santonio when he 1st took the field.

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Well I can understand the excitement.

Thats a Superbowl winning dump in a Superbowl winning 'porta-john'.

Who wouldn't be pumped?

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2006, 07:09 PM
i dont know what suprises me more. the fact that they cheered someone taking a crap...

or that they didnt "boo" santonio when he 1st took the field.

Yea, I'm suprised Santonio didn't recieve any boos. Some Steelers fans even booed Terry Bradshaw.

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Well I can understand the excitement.

Thats a Superbowl winning dump in a Superbowl winning 'porta-john'.

Who wouldn't be pumped?

NM no wonder t. brady has gone the madonna route and demanded a brand new porta john to be incenerated after every use. can you imagine the scramble to retreive that turd, bronze it, and have it enshrined in canton?

BlackNGold203
07-30-2006, 07:20 PM
no wonder t. brady has gone the madonna route and demanded a brand new porta john to be incenerated after every use. can you imagine the scramble to retreive that turd, bronze it, and have it enshrined in canton?

LMAO

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 07:31 PM
no wonder t. brady has gone the madonna route and demanded a brand new porta john to be incenerated after every use. can you imagine the scramble to retreive that turd, bronze it, and have it enshrined in canton?

Hey,

I bet the bronzed Brady-turd could get a 23+ SB QB rating! :cool:

NM

BB2W
07-30-2006, 07:37 PM
The Brady-turd would also wear a helmet while riding motorcycles...

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey,

I bet the bronzed Brady-turd could get a 23+ SB QB rating! :cool:

NMbut could the bronzed turd win with that rating without the bronzed shoe of vinatieri?

no.

BB2W
07-30-2006, 07:43 PM
I heard they are firing bronzed Brady-turds out of the JUGS machine... Chad Jackson caught 10 of 10.

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 07:48 PM
but could the bronzed turd win with that rating without the bronzed shoe of vinatieri?

no.

Come on now Tony.

You know better than to pretend that QB rating is dependant on a kicker. :cool:

NM

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Come on now Tony.

NM
and you know well enough that the final 3 points of a game isnt dependant on a qb.

hint: qb's cant score 3 points.

HburgXL06
07-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Come on now Tony.

NM

More the fact that the highly rated Brady had to rely on the gold toe of his kicker on multiple occasions while the underrated Roethlisberger won by point separations in the double digits! And he did it once in Cincinnati, twice in Indianapolis, thrice in Denver and for a fourth time in Detroit!

BuFu

SteelerzGirl
07-30-2006, 08:35 PM

Ew... Who the heck would want to view a Brady turd? :yuck:

Man_Of_Steel
07-30-2006, 08:36 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/66311/ (day 1 camp report) 14,000 fans show up

"The loudest cheers were for Ben Roethlisberger when he made the walk down onto the field from the locker rooms; there were cheers for things that happened on the field. Clark Haggans even was cheered loudly when he needed to use the porta-john."

And where is your sense of humor? I'm sure it was hilarious when he had to come off and use the public porta-john, he probably got a good laugh out of it too. Lighten up, it was funny

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 08:49 PM
and you know well enough that the final 3 points of a game isnt dependant on a qb.

hint: qb's cant score 3 points.

QB rating Tony.

QB RATING TONY

QB RATING TONY.

Kicker = irrelevant.

NM

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 08:51 PM
More the fact that the highly rated Brady had to rely on the gold toe of his kicker on multiple occasions while the underrated Roethlisberger won by point separations in the double digits! And he did it once in Cincinnati, twice in Indianapolis, thrice in Denver and for a fourth time in Detroit!

BuFu

Bens Superbowl performance was horrific.

Luckily the Hawks put out an even worse performance.

QB ratings dont lie.

NM

Dynasty
07-30-2006, 08:54 PM
qb rating is a vastly flawed system

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 08:59 PM
qb rating is a vastly flawed system

Rubbish.

Its a good indicator of performance - it doesnt tell you the whole story but it points you in the right direction.

Unless of course you can point out its 'vast flaws'

A QB rating of less than 50 is godawful.

NM

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Rubbish.

Its a good indicator of performance - it doesnt tell you the whole story but it points you in the right direction.

Unless of course you can point out its 'vast flaws'

A QB rating of less than 50 is godawful.

NMa win is a win. unless youre one that believes a higher qb rating makes it a better win???

in new england it may all be about the "me" preformance.

in pittsburgh its all about the team. nice to put seattle having an even more horrific preformance in there. pretty much the story of bradys last 3 opponents in the sb.

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 09:07 PM
a win is a win. unless youre one that believes a higher qb rating makes it a better win???

in new england it may all be about the "me" preformance.

in pittsburgh its all about the team. nice to put seattle having an even more horrific preformance in there. pretty much the story of bradys last 3 opponents in the sb.

Thats funny, I only remember stating that Tom Brady's turd could manage a better QB rating than Bens only SB performance to date.

And as it cant throw a football, I would be exactly right.

NM

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 09:07 PM
And where is your sense of humor? I'm sure it was hilarious when he had to come off and use the public porta-john, he probably got a good laugh out of it too. Lighten up, it was funny

fart and giggle jokes are always funny. im just suprised 14,000 fans could be in synch to pull it off.

Man_Of_Steel
07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I guess you had to be there.

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I guess you had to be there. dont get me wrong...im all for a laugh an a good time. i just hope the same fans cheering for a bathroom break arent the same ones calling for santonio holmes head.

HburgXL06
07-30-2006, 10:23 PM

QB ratings dont lie.

NM

I didn't say that his Super Bowl performance was spectacular.

But I do believe that anyone can easily manipulate numbers to inflate or deflate a player's rating.

BuFu

HburgXL06
07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Thats funny, I only remember stating that Tom Brady's turd could manage a better QB rating than Bens only SB performance to date.

And as it cant throw a football, I would be exactly right.

NM

Now that is an unfair thing to say. If you put up the stats from seasons past of Ben and Brady of course the passing stat would favor Brady just because of the fact that Pittsburgh is a run-heavy team. I'm not goin to compare single game to single game whether it be a super bowl or not just because a single game is too small a sample of a player's ability to fully grasp their potential. Because of Ben bein a rookie last year and still inexperienced as a NFL qb this year he was not allowed to just shoot off passes at will. If he had then that would be idiocy by the coachin for allowin such a thing to happen without testin the waters. The playoffs last year was testin the waters. Many criticized Cowher for bein too cautious in the playoffs and being unable to win the big game. Knowin that the teams they faced in the playoffs would be settin up to block the run Cowher took a gamble (It was a gamble to a small extent) and allowed Ben to pass. When he was successful he was allowed more freedom to do so. What ended up happenin is that the Steelers got through the playoffs on a qb's arm much to the surprise of many both within and outside of the Steeler Nation. Obviously there are now new variables because of the accident but I believe that Cowher will begin to have more faith in Ben's arm and playmakin abilities as time goes on. Brady's star studded team is beginning to disintegrate around him (they already got some rings, so now they want to get paid) so it will be interestin to see if he can hold on to that stellar rating that everyone from every media outlet has pushed on the football world.

BuFu

MattsMe
07-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow, 14,000 fans at training camp, must have been crowded.

This thread confused me when I first read it. I kept asking myself what Tom Brady's turds have in common with Steelers training camp. Then it hit me. They're both packed!

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 10:38 PM

This thread confused me when I first read it. I kept asking myself what Tom Brady's turds have in common with Steelers training camp. Then it hit me. They're both packed!

Props for that one.

Sharp.

NM

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 10:40 PM

This thread confused me when I first read it. I kept asking myself what Tom Brady's turds have in common with Steelers training camp. Then it hit me. They're both packed!:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
07-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Now that is an unfair thing to say. If you put up the stats from seasons past of Ben and Brady of course the passing stat would favor Brady just because of the fact that Pittsburgh is a run-heavy team. I'm not goin to compare single game to single game whether it be a super bowl or not just because a single game is too small a sample of a player's ability to fully grasp their potential. Because of Ben bein a rookie last year and still inexperienced as a NFL qb this year he was not allowed to just shoot off passes at will. If he had then that would be idiocy by the coachin for allowin such a thing to happen without testin the waters. The playoffs last year was testin the waters. Many criticized Cowher for bein too cautious in the playoffs and being unable to win the big game. Knowin that the teams they faced in the playoffs would be settin up to block the run Cowher took a gamble (It was a gamble to a small extent) and allowed Ben to pass. When he was successful he was allowed more freedom to do so. What ended up happenin is that the Steelers got through the playoffs on a qb's arm much to the surprise of many both within and outside of the Steeler Nation. Obviously there are now new variables because of the accident but I believe that Cowher will begin to have more faith in Ben's arm and playmakin abilities as time goes on. Brady's star studded team is beginning to disintegrate around him (they already got some rings, so now they want to get paid) so it will be interestin to see if he can hold on to that stellar rating that everyone from every media outlet has pushed on the football world.

BuFu

This wasn't intended as a serious discussion into Bens abilities as a QB - ive gone on record as saying he is the 2nd best in the NFL.

However........

The fact that Ben has thrown less in his career and has benefitted from a powerful run game has inlflated his QB rating - not detracted from it.

Name me some of these players that make up Brady's 'star studded' team - ones on offense would probably be most relevant.

No Pro-bowlers from what I can recall.

NM

Polamalu43
07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey I wouldn't expect anything less from the Steelers Nation. Thats why I love the Nation. We love our football and our team.

amen brotha..

SteelerFanInCA
07-31-2006, 05:51 PM
14,000 fans? That's insane. I wonder what Steeler fans turn out is going to be like at opposing stadiums this year?

HburgXL06
07-31-2006, 07:28 PM
This wasn't intended as a serious discussion into Bens abilities as a QB - ive gone on record as saying he is the 2nd best in the NFL.

However........

The fact that Ben has thrown less in his career and has benefitted from a powerful run game has inlflated his QB rating - not detracted from it.

Name me some of these players that make up Brady's 'star studded' team - ones on offense would probably be most relevant.

No Pro-bowlers from what I can recall.

NM

Excuse my use of "star-studded" I seem to be lackin in vocabulary ability recently. What I meant is the team that he thrived wit thrice and was revelled by many as "so great."

I apologize for takin this conversation into a too serious discussion. To return this to levity I'll say this....

Our quarterback is so tough that he can get hit on a motorcycle wit no helmet and survive...yours on the otherhand has to get his nails done...what does that tell you? Lol.

BuFu

BBC
07-31-2006, 08:05 PM
QB ratings dont lie.

Then in that case, Ben is a better quarterback than Brady, considering in both of Roethlisberger's seasons in the NFL he has posted a better passer rating than Tom. Correct?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
The steelers nation shows up in force for everything, even training camp. Just gotta love the enthusiasm !

Livinginthe past
08-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Then in that case, Ben is a better quarterback than Brady, considering in both of Roethlisberger's seasons in the NFL he has posted a better passer rating than Tom. Correct?

I clarified my position further a couple of posts after the one you quoted - mainly to headoff at the pass, anyone who was going to make an attempt to say Ben is a better QB than Tom Brady.

NM

Steel Pit
08-01-2006, 01:42 AM
I clarified my position further a couple of posts after the one you quoted - mainly to headoff at the pass, anyone who was going to make an attempt to say Ben is a better QB than Tom Brady.

NM

Why are you guys having this argument? At this point there's no way that Roethlisberger is better than Brady. Anyone who trys to say otherwise is fooling themselves. There may be a little better numbers here and there for Roethlisberger but Brady is the "current-day man" Right now he's "THE MAN". I'm not saying that Roethlisberger can't keep pace with what Brady has done and maybe even surpass him but that is on a wait and see basis.

HometownGal
08-01-2006, 07:52 AM

QB ratings dont lie.

NM

Ben's passing performance in the SB was pretty bad, LITP, but he did what he had to do to help the team win, which sets the elite NFL QB apart from the average NFL QB. We are so fortunate to have a QB who can make plays with his legs as well as his arm. Ben scored a TD himself in the 2Q of that game and that TD gave the Steelers the lead at the half and swung the momentum back to the Steelers after being down 3-0 approaching the half. Stats and numbers don't always tell the entire story. Tom Brady plays exactly the same way - even when he isn't having a stellar game stat-wise, he makes it happen when the chips are down. That is what makes Tom Brady a great QB and leader and what has propelled Ben towards that elite category entering only his 3rd year in the NFL. Toughness, confidence in himself and his teammates and no matter what - getting the job done. :cool:

BlackNGold203
08-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Ben's passing performance in the SB was pretty bad, LITP, but he did what he had to do to help the team win, which sets the elite NFL QB apart from the average NFL QB. We are so fortunate to have a QB who can make plays with his legs as well as his arm. Ben scored a TD himself in the 2Q of that game and that TD gave the Steelers the lead at the half and swung the momentum back to the Steelers after being down 3-0 approaching the half. Stats and numbers don't always tell the entire story. Tom Brady plays exactly the same way - even when he isn't having a stellar game stat-wise, he makes it happen when the chips are down. That is what makes Tom Brady a great QB and leader and what has propelled Ben towards that elite category entering only his 3rd year in the NFL. Toughness, confidence in himself and his teammates and no matter what - getting the job done. :cool:

Well said hun......:smile: :smile:

Ben certainly got them there...yeah..he had an off game in the SB...but the steelers are a TEAM...Ben carried them thru the playoff run...the team picked him up in the SB....

BBC
08-01-2006, 09:38 AM

NM

Oh, so passer rating is only reflective of a player's performance when it fits into your argument? Alright, I think I understand now.

For the record, I'm not under the belief that Ben is a better quarterback than Brady, just using the fact that he's had a higher passer rating in each of his season in the NFL to prove a point.