PDA

View Full Version : Santonio, going to have problems..?

"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
07-30-2006, 06:59 PM
He has alot to prove to me

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 07:01 PM
not more than any other rookie wr entering the league. anyone expecting randy moss is kidding themselves.

BBC
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Don't we have enough of these threads?

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Tony what are you talking about? Santonio is going to come in and put up 1600 yards with 16 TD's. I'm just joking of course. But I do expect Holmes to have a good rookie year. I expect 35-40 catches for 500-600 yards and maybe 5 TD's. Now that is at the most. The good thing he doesn't have to carry the offense.

"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
07-30-2006, 07:15 PM

sorry...:dang:

Lyn
Holmes is an outstanding athlete at least on the college level. Let's see how he does with the big boys. We may even like the guy:)

tony hipchest
Tony what are you talking about? Santonio is going to come in and put up 1600 yards with 16 TD's. I'm just joking of course. But I do expect Holmes to have a good rookie year. I expect 35-40 catches for 500-600 yards and maybe 5 TD's. Now that is at the most. The good thing he doesn't have to carry the offense.that would be a great year, but not quite better than as heath miller in his rookie season.

unfortunately for holmes, if he has anything short of a randy moss like preformance, most of the fans who havent already turned on him, will.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-30-2006, 07:19 PM
that would be a great year, but not quite better than as heath miller in his rookie season.

unfortunately for holmes, if he has anything short of a randy moss like preformance, most of the fans who havent already turned on him, will.

Well some of our fans have to think. Hines Ward is going to get his 70-80 balls. I expect Heath Miller to have a larger role in the pass game. I'm sure that Cedric will get his also. But I think Santonio will be our big play guy and he'll prove that during the year. So I don't expect Randy Moss numbers from our rookie recievers.

BB2W
07-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I think one or two more will ensure that we have covered the topic completely. :rolleyes:

Polamalu43
07-31-2006, 02:05 AM
I think the kid learned his lesson now and all that is behind him now he should b fine..

Haiku_Dirtt
07-31-2006, 02:36 AM
that would be a great year, but not quite better than as heath miller in his rookie season.

Now this is what I'm talking about Tony. Let the rest of the world think we are doomed by our first round pick. MY position is that he can tank and OH WELL.

But then TROJAN HORSE. Why not look at what we do have?

We slam the hottest most productive (ok a little over the top) two TE set in the NFL down their collective throats. Maybe I'm going way out on a limb (okay not for us) but I really think Heath as an offensive weapon is the variable most defenses are not preparing for...why would they?

They might know he is capable. But the X-factor is K-Whiz. Why wouldn't Whiz spend night and day dreaming up new ways of getting this guy the football.

What does a lethal tight end do for your running game and your passing game? Just ask Troy Aikman about Jay Novacek.

And when that happens then who cares about the No. 4 receiver...even if he is a wasted first rounder.

HometownGal
07-31-2006, 06:36 AM

Hell no. We need at least two dozen more "Let's Stone Santonio threads". :rolleyes: You just never know what those crystal balls are going to reveal.

SteelersMongol
07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
I just read something about how Santonio showed the lack of commitment during the training thing from the Steelers Scout website. Rookie shyness?