PDA

View Full Version : Will the drive still be there??

"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
07-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Before this SuperBowl victory, its been 26 years that the Steeler Nation has waited for One For The Thumb. We finally have it......so my question to you is....what is going to want to make the Steelers win that 6th SuperBowl victory this year. I mean last year, we wanted it for Jerome, for Cowher, for all the years we waited....now what do you think will be their motivation this year?? Will they have that same drive?...let me know what you think...

83-Steelers-43
07-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Before this SuperBowl victory, its been 26 years that the Steeler Nation has waited for One For The Thumb. We finally have it......so my question to you is....what is going to want to make the Steelers win that 6th SuperBowl victory this year. I mean last year, we wanted it for Jerome, for Cowher, for all the years we waited....now what do you think will be their motivation this year?? Will they have that same drive?...let me know what you think...

What were the motivations for the teams in the 70's? They didn't have the "one for the thumb" or "Do it for Franco!!" headlines and they were successful. The motivation is the Super Bowl.

07-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Great, great point....my question was you know, after the motviation of doing it for Jerome and for Cowher, they don't have those motivations anymore.. But you make a great point, and I agree completely

BlackNGold203
I believe with so many players returning....all who have tasted the sweet sweet nectar of victory....now I think they will be greedy for it. To a man they all now know what it takes...to reach the summitt....

the drive will be...to taste it again...and again....

tony hipchest
the drive for every player is to win it all and be champs. no different for the steelers. now that they have tasted it they want to feast off of it.

BlackNGold203
07-30-2006, 07:57 PM
the drive for every player is to win it all and be champs. no different for the steelers. now that they have tasted it they want to feast off of it.

Holy crap....I'm thinking just like Tony......

*backs away slowly*

:smile: :smile: :smile:

SteelManiac7
07-30-2006, 08:35 PM
First off, I'm new here. Hello guys!

Second, like they stated above, the goal of any team is to win the Super Bowl. That's what they are out there going through 90+ degree days that are so humid you could cut the air with a knife.

BlackNGold203
07-30-2006, 08:37 PM
hey maniac...welcome to the site.....

07-30-2006, 08:39 PM
yes, welcome, i am new also!

tony hipchest
07-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Holy crap....I'm thinking just like Tony......

*backs away slowly*

:smile: :smile: :smile:

lol. i was definitely on the same wavelength as you on this one.

and welcome newbies. me and black n gold still feel the drive will be there. even moreso this year than years in the past.

07-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I agree

Steelers
07-30-2006, 10:08 PM
How about it's been 26 years since back-to-back SBs.

SteelersMongol
07-31-2006, 01:44 AM
Hey, guys. I've found this and thought I should share this. Enjoy it. :sofunny:

============================================

Perverted Steelers Fan Hoping to Win ?One for the Penis?

With Pittsburgh?s 26-year quest to win its fifth Super Bowl ring ? ?one for the thumb? ? completed Sunday night with a victory over the Seahawks, one perverted Steelers fan is hoping next year will finally bring ?one for the penis.?

?We?ve got that one hand completely filled up now, and I see no need to start on another hand right away. Why not go to other parts of the body?? said Jason Murphy, owner of a Pittsburgh tattoo parlor. ?And if I could have my preference, I?d go with a penis ring. They can really enhance the sexual experience.?

Murphy says his love of all things Steelers fuels his desire to have the team turn its attentions to winning a penile ring.

?Like any true Pittsburgher, I love the Steelers more than anything,? he said. ?So if I could make the Steelers part of my lovemaking by wearing a commemorative Super Bowl **** ring, it would be very special to me ? and to my partner, as well, I?m sure.?

Murphy is hopeful the ?One for the Penis? motto will catch on around the city as the Steelers try for a repeat and a record sixth Super Bowl title in 2006. He even plans to pitch it to Steelers officials in hopes of getting team approval and the rights to marketing and selling the slogan on officially licensed team apparel and merchandise.

?I?m hoping the Rooney Family will give me their blessing,? said Murphy. ?I?m thinking of a slogan like: ?One for the Penis: Let?s Get Sexual Heaven in ?07.? But some people have told me I shouldn?t be too hopeful, as the Rooney?s don?t really seem like a ?Win one for the Penis? kind of family. But I?ll guess I?ll soon find out.?

Polamalu43
07-31-2006, 01:49 AM

I think that there main motivation will b to prove all the hatters wrong like the bungals that think that we bought that superbowl..and it would b extra special 2 see cowher go out on top, as this may b the head of the black N gold's last season with us.

HometownGal
07-31-2006, 11:41 AM
The Steelers are not the sports media frontrunners to win the Super Bowl this season and as we all know, they love being the "underdogs". It motivates them even more and makes their play that much more intense. No one but they themselves believed they could make that run and go all the way (even we as fans had our doubts) and they proved everyone wrong. They dared anyone to knock that black and gold chip off of their shoulders and I think that is the way they are going to go into the season - confident, fiercely motivated and intense, the Pittsburgh Steelers way.

Besides - can't mess with destiny. The Steelers win their championships in twos! :cool:

X-Terminator
07-31-2006, 01:19 PM
I, for one, am not worried about their drive. Bill Cowher will make sure that the guys put last season behind them and have them focused and hungry going into the regular season. He will not tolerate complacency, that's for sure. They all know that everyone is gunning for them since they are the champs, which should motivate them even more to be at their best each and every week. I'm looking forward to it - should be an exciting season!

WWIIOwheelz
07-31-2006, 01:39 PM
All the pieces came together perfectly last season. I'm not sure why, but as the season looms closer, I'm missing the Bus more than I thought I would. His presence in the locker room kept guys smiling, lightened-up, as opposed to the intensity always that can be consuming. One thing I really noticed the past couple of years is that Cowher might've learned something from Jerome.... the value of laughter.

I think they'll want to improve on what they did last year, to be honest. Keep everyone healthy & they just might do that.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm not worried about their drive. They will have that drive to repeat.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Of course the goal is the Super Bowl but the motivation comes one game at a time. If they focus on their 'jobs' which is to prepare each week for each opponent and know their assignments then they shouldn't have the time to look forward. we hope.

SteelerFanInCA
07-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I think the fact that they have tasted what winning a Championship is all about sets the tone and creates the drive for winning another one.

LambertLunatic
08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I mean last year, we wanted it for Jerome, for Cowher, for all the years we waited....now what do you think will be their motivation this year??

Hey guys! Let's win one for Holmes!

memphissteelergirl
08-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Like Polamalu43 said, there are a lot of nay-sayers out there who think the title was practically handed to the Steelers. I think the motivation will be to repeat and prove that this was NOT a fluke.