PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Ike Taylor Goes After ESPN's Stephen A. Smith

tony hipchest
09-08-2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/8/3302779/steelers-ike-taylor-stephen-a-smith-first-take-espn-comments

Any comments made by Steelers CB Ike Taylor about not thinking about last year's loss at Denver, in which he played "his worst game as a pro," can officially be tossed out.

It seems he's taking it very personally.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith took Taylor to the shed on ESPN's First Take Friday, saying among other things, "I didn't know he was allowed back in the NFL after the way he performed against the Denver Broncos. A banishment is a worthy consideration."

Taylor fired back a multi-tweet response that indicates fairly clearly Taylor didn't appreciate what Smith said.

see link for tweets where ike tells him to keep his name out his mouth and to come see him face to face, next time he has something to say. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
09-08-2012, 11:58 PM
fwiw- ike has owned up and never ran from any critisizm. he is his own harshest critic and says it still "kills" him to this day. he knows he let his brothers down.

i agree steven Assmith is out of line joking(???) that he shouldve been banished...

SoCalFan
09-09-2012, 12:30 AM
S.A. Smith is a loud mouth ass...That's why I keep watching! Ike would own him!

steeltheone
09-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Ike was "that bad" in that game....Deal with it, Ike!

Sean95m
09-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Ike was bad but the pass rush, lack of didn't help. In that scheme some plays are all about hitting the QB before he gets a chance to throw. Some of you are morons when it comes to football! Just saying.

tanda10506
09-09-2012, 05:04 AM
Ike was "that bad" in that game....Deal with it, Ike!

Agreed

tanda10506
09-09-2012, 05:14 AM
Ike was bad but the pass rush, lack of didn't help. In that scheme some plays are all about hitting the QB before he gets a chance to throw. Some of you are morons when it comes to football! Just saying.

LeBeau obviously meets with you to tell you what his plays are...so please teach us morons you all knowing noob :nw::bowdown:

Vis
09-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Forget about the game. Ike needs to grow up enough not to react to anything any commentator says.

finesward
09-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Title should be the other way around

Bayz101
09-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Blah.

Our rush defense gave the Broncos offense a ridiculous amount of time to make plays, and our pass defense suffered because of it. It's similar to how our defense regularly shut down opposing offenses, only to have our offense come out and fizzle out near the redzone under Arians offensive scheme.

Case in point: Our rush defense failed to get pressure on the quarterback, and our pass defense, which was already lacking several starters, failed.

Whodathunkit?

Bayz101
09-09-2012, 06:59 AM

While I agree with all of what you said, the last part wasn't really necessary.

The preferred term is "mentally challenged". :chuckle:

No --- seriously. That hurt. :shake01:

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Stephen A. Smith is part of the ESPN clown posse

Consider the source - these guys just want attention

Goldsteel86
09-09-2012, 07:50 AM

"Stupid is as stupid does", however having an opinion is not being a moron. That being said please consider the company you keep on this forum, there may just be some people that have extensive football knowledge and actually may know what they are talking about. :stupid:

zcoop
09-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Truth hurts. While I think Steven hyperbolizes, just as all of the other talking heads do, he is very frank in his criticism. Ike needs to man up, he did not have a good game @ Den last year.

FanSince72
09-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah and if Lincoln didn't go to the theater...blah, blah, blah...

I checked to see how many INT's, Pass Defenses and Sacks Steven A. Smith had in his pro football career and I was shocked to find out that HE DIDN'T HAVE A PRO FOOTBALL CAREER!

For a guy who has never "Walked the Walk", he and his buddy Bayless have an awful lot to say about "shoulda', coulda', woulda' (as do most of the non-player talking heads nowadays).

I'm not suggesting that he doesn't have a right to criticize Ike, but to be grinding on that now -- a year later is ridiculous. I think the real story is probably more like Steve-O lost a pile on that game and not only is his bank account lighter, but his cred as an analyst is too (which probably bothers him more than the coin).

StainlessStill
09-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I have no problem with Stephen A's assessment and I have no problem with Ike's response. 'Tis what it 'tis. Ike had the worst game of his professional career, so be it. He has a chance to redeem himself right off the bat.

Ike Taylor will have an interception tonight.

GoFor7
09-09-2012, 10:38 AM
I really wish Tomlin would ban twitter during the regular season. Is Stephen A being an ass? Yeah - but it's his job (and he happens to be right about Ike in the playoffs last year). Ike needs to just ignore that stuff. A player doesn't benefit getting into a pissing match with a member of the media.

Goldsteel86
09-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I really wish Tomlin would ban twitter during the regular season. Is Stephen A being an ass? Yeah - but it's his job (and he happens to be right about Ike in the playoffs last year). Ike needs to just ignore that stuff. A player doesn't benefit getting into a pissing match with a member of the media.

Stephen A. is a big ASS, problem with Stephen A. is he can talk shit but when someone talks shit about him, he goes on the defensive, just as he did this past year against Ryan Clark. Sometimes he just needs to understand, he writes about the gridiron, he doesn't work or play on it, "Stay in your Lane" Stephen A.!!!!

OX1947
09-09-2012, 11:09 AM

I wish Twitter was banned, period.

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm not suggesting that he doesn't have a right to criticize Ike, but to be grinding on that now -- a year later is ridiculous..

But that is what Smith does

This from Smith's co-worker Bill Simmons at ESPN

Simmons spotted Stephen A. Smith, an ESPN colleague and a walking cautionary tale of the pitfalls of 24-hour sports. ESPN’s myriad outlets generate an insatiable demand for content that has an unfortunate tendency to transform sports writers into yammering caricatures. “Screaming A. Smith,” as he has been called, may be the most widely mocked of the bunch. “We have to do a better job protecting our talent,” Simmons said as Smith passed by, not noticing Simmons. “He’s a guy who should be writing more. We let him become too big a yakker.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/ma...pagewanted=all

tony hipchest
09-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Truth hurts. Ike needs to man up, he did not have a good game @ Den last year.thats my point.... Ike HAS manned up and accepted all blame and vowed to do better, and he worked all offseason to try and ensure it never happens again.

Is Stephen A being an ass? Yeah - but it's his job (and he happens to be right about Ike in the playoffs last year). Ike needs to just ignore that stuff. A player doesn't benefit getting into a pissing match with a member of the media.Smith is NOT right and NOT being truthful with his comments. Hes a complete idiotic fuktard feigning ignorance that taylor wasnt cut and deserves to be banished from the league. he may think that shit is funny, but nobody else does. if he wants to be acomedian, he needs to go shill for dollar bills in a hat at the improv.

the steelers pretty much abused champ bailey in the AFCC game in denver on their way to sb 40 and nobody took champ to task. all the media accepted it for what it was- a bad game- and moved on. meida keeps hating on the steelers because many keep on predicting their inevitable downfall for the past 20 years and they just keep on winning and proving all the talking heads wron. each year there is gonna be a slapdick journalist predicting they go 6-10 in hopes that they are the one to finally get it right.

Ike had the worst game of his professional career, so be it. He has a chance to redeem himself right off the bat.

Ike Taylor will have an interception tonight.:tt02::tt03:

big pig
09-09-2012, 01:10 PM
S A S Sucks! How does he even have a show!

casteeler
09-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Why would anyone disagree with SAS? I have not forgotten how bad Tayloy and Gay were in that game,and BAD needs to be amplified! No Fan here should need a reminder of the final play in OT that made Tebow and his receiver (name escapes me) look like a Montana-Rice combo

Goldsteel86
09-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Why would anyone disagree with SAS? I have not forgotten how bad Tayloy and Gay were in that game,and BAD needs to be amplified! No Fan here should need a reminder of the final play in OT that made Tebow and his receiver (name escapes me) look like a Montana-Rice combo

You are joking right? Ummmm, you must never have had a bad day, you must have had nothing but good luck everytime you got out of bed. Has he ever said a good thing about the Steelers, isn't this the second Steeler he has been in a play of words with? If I remember right he was crucial against Ryan Clark, when Clark fired back he got butt hurt, now with Ike Taylor? He needs to shut his mouth, or better yet put on some pads and run a route!

LVSteelersfan
09-09-2012, 04:46 PM
He is just another big mouth just like Madden. Both retards ought to be fired but that is their schtick throwing flame bait around. People should just completely ignore them. But they do get the attention they are seeking by being total jerkwads.

Steelersfan87
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Ike Taylor led the entire league in completion percentage against during the season. It's truly pathetic that the general perception of his 2011 season is dictated by one performance.

Steel_Bus_24
09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Sorry but I like it....as cliche as it is.....This team does play a hell of a lot better when they have someone trash talking about them

Time to spoil the "Honor Peyton Manning Night" in Denver....and give people a dose of "Shut the Hell Up" when in comes to making fun of the Steelers

casteeler
09-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Taylor can redeem himself,starting with tonights game.I guess alot of fans have forgotten,agreed he had a bad game and is usually great

TRH
09-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Steven A Smith says things like that all the time with twists of sarcasm + humor. I don't have a problem with it. Ike's the one who got burned. Deal with it and move on.