PDA

View Full Version : Immaculate Reception: The play that changed a city

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2012, 07:21 AM
The Post-Gazette is going to be all in on covering the 40th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception:thumbsup:

The Post-Gazette begins a look back at the 40th anniversary of one of the NFL's greatest plays

The Steelers open their 80th season today, and the 40th since the Immaculate Reception, that one remarkable play many believe was one of the best in the history of the NFL. It neatly divided the team's fortunes into the woeful 40 years before, and the championship years after. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today begins a season-long look back at that play and its impact on the city and the team. Look for a story in each Sunday's Sports section beginning next week that revisits that moment from the point of view of players from the Steelers and the Raiders, as well as fans and team officials, culminating in coverage on Dec. 23, the 40th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/immaculate-reception-the-play-that-changed-a-city-652468/

For those of us who grew up in Pittsburgh around 1972 this initial article does a good job of setting the table on what life was like at the that time and place

wera176
09-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I just read that article and I enjoyed it a lot. I was just a youngster then, but it brought some memories back...

FrancoLambert
09-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I just read that article and I enjoyed it a lot. I was just a youngster then, but it brought some memories back...

It's like the question for us "oldtimers," "where were you when Kennedy was shot?"
Every Steeler fan who witnesssed that play can remember it like it was yesterday.
:tt04: :tt02: :tt03: