PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Inactive

steelerchad
09-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Kind of figured he wasn't playing.
Feel pretty shorthanded on defense tonight.

sluggermatt15
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Kind of figured he wasn't playing.
Feel pretty shorthanded on defense tonight.

Agreed. Even if he might have been able to play, why risk it? The injury could get worse. Smart move by the team. Just monitor his progress through the week.

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2012, 06:44 PM
After tonight Steelers have Jets at home, Oakland on the road then an early bye

I would not be surprised if Harrison sits until the October 7 game with Philly after the bye to try and get him healthy

tony hipchest
09-09-2012, 06:50 PM
agreed dan, especially if chris carter does well starting in his place.

Steelersfan87
09-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I would not be surprised if he plays next week.

Hawaii 5-0
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
agreed dan, especially if chris carter does well starting in his place.

that didn't happen...

Carter, Worilds fill in for injured LB Harrison

By Alan Robinson
Published: Sunday, September 9, 2012

DENVER — Steelers linebacker James Harrison, who practiced little after Monday due to his still-healing left knee injury, sat out his sixth game in the last two seasons Sunday night against the Denver Broncos.

Chris Carter started for Harrison, but was replaced late in the first quarter by Jason Worilds, who didn’t practice until last week after injuring a wrist last season. On his first series, Worilds sacked Peyton Manning. Worilds finished with two tackles and his sack.

Carter had one tackle.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2567851-85/season-steelers-broncos-harrison-worked-worilds-game-judge-carter-denver#ixzz2665zEovH

Steeldude
09-11-2012, 12:44 AM
After tonight Steelers have Jets at home, Oakland on the road then an early bye

I would not be surprised if Harrison sits until the October 7 game with Philly after the bye to try and get him healthy

Then that probably means no pass rush until 10/07.

Hawaii 5-0
09-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Steelers’ Harrison could play against Jets

By Alan Robinson
Published: Tuesday, September 11, 2012

James Harrison is closer to returning to the Steelers.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker worked out Monday, will run Wednesday and hasn’t been ruled out of playing Sunday against the New York Jets. Harrison hasn’t played since last season and has practiced only sporadically because of a left knee injury.

Last week, Harrison practiced on Monday but did little the rest of the week and ended up missing his sixth game to injury in the past two seasons. Going into the 2011 season, Harrison had missed only one game in four seasons.

Harrison is recovering from an unspecified knee injury that required arthroscopic surgery in August and forced him to miss training camp.

The two offensive linemen injured during the 31-19 loss in Denver on Sunday night — Ramon Foster and Marcus Gilbert — should be ready for the Jets, who opened the season with a 48-24 rout of the Bills. Foster (eye injury) and Gilbert (hyperextended knee) both left the game early, forcing the Steelers to play the rest of the way with backups Mike Adams and Doug Legursky. Adams was playing in his first NFL game.

Safety Troy Polamalu has a strained calf that may limit him in practice early in the week, but Tomlin said he should be ready for the Jets.

This will be the Jets’ first visit to Heinz Field since the Steelers held them off to win 24-19 in the AFC Championship Game in January 2011. Slightly more than a month before that, the Jets won there 22-17 in the regular season. The Jets have won the past two regular season games between the teams.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2576622-85/jets-harrison-game-season-steelers-injury-knee-week-2011-adams?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Stee lers+Stories%29#ixzz26BFWwYOk

Atlanta Dan
09-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Great - Troy's "calf" injury recurs after week one

We will see with regard to Harrison's knee after Wednesday's practice - he gave the thimbs up early last week and it wnet downhill from there

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2012, 01:14 PM
This from today's P-G

James Harrison missed his third consecutive practice -- along with Sunday's game -- because of continued negative response in his left knee that underwent surgery Aug. 15. He went through one full practice Sept. 3 and a partial practice Sept. 5, and has been out of uniform since then.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-intriguing-one-on-one-battles-expected-sunday-653106/

I bet Harrison is inactive for the Jets game - at that point why not sit him next week in Oakklamd as well and hope he can heal after the bye week and play against the Eagles?

Hawaii 5-0
09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Steelers LB James Harrison returning

by Associated Press

Pittsburgh Steelers five-time Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison will play in the team's home opener against the New York Jets on Sunday, according to a report.

Harrison, who sat out the entire preseason and the team's Week 1 loss to the Denver Broncos with a left knee injury, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Thursday that he will return for this weekend's game.

Coach Mike Tomlin had indicated earlier this week that Harrison, who underwent a minor procecdure on the knee last month, had a chance to play against the Jets.

The 34-year-old Harrison has grown frustrated by lingering knee issues and has grown so tiresome of the subject he's promised only to address it one day a week during the season.

Harrison called himself a "game-time decision" before the Broncos, but could only watch from the sideline in a yellow T-shirt and black shorts as the Steelers lost in Denver for the second time in nine months.

The Steelers could certainly use him on Sunday against the Jets (1-0). New York exploded for 48 points while whipping Buffalo in its opener even with new acquisition Tim Tebow playing in a limited role. Tebow lit up Pittsburgh while beating the Steelers in the playoffs last winter as quarterback for the Broncos. He's firmly behind starter Mark Sanchez in New York, though Tomlin warned the Jets just showed "the tip of the iceberg" when it comes to their plans for the versatile Tebow this season.

Pittsburgh hasn't started a season 0-2 since 2002, though that didn't stop the Steelers from finishing 10-5-1 and making it to the divisional round of the playoffs. The Steelers haven't even lost consecutive games since a five-game slide in 2009. They pride themselves on their resilience, but will need it against New York.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...ison-says-play

Bayz101
09-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Shit! Scared me, Hawaii. :sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Steelers LB James Harrison returning

by Associated Press

Pittsburgh Steelers five-time Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison will play in the team's home opener against the New York Jets on Sunday, according to a report.

Harrison, who sat out the entire preseason and the team's Week 1 loss to the Denver Broncos with a left knee injury, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Thursday that he will return for this weekend's game.

Then again maybe not according to Gerry Dulac at the P-G based on this tweet this afternoon

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac

Don't be surprised if James Harrison AND Troy Polamalu don't play against the Jets. Each sat out again today.

http://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/246331474473799681

Great - Troy breaking down after week one:banging:

desertsteel
09-13-2012, 07:00 PM
I hate to say it but I think we are seeing the end of another great Steelers linebacker at 34 and constantly injured.

sluggermatt15
09-14-2012, 09:26 AM
I hate to say it but I think we are seeing the end of another great Steelers linebacker at 34 and constantly injured.

I just hope Harrison is really healthy, and not 70 or 80%. He should sit out if he isn't fully ready. Why risk aggravating the injury and then be out for an extended time?

steelfury02
09-14-2012, 10:49 AM
sigh Steeler Nation,

This is all the more reason we need to get behind our team. The time for that elusive #7 is now. I for one, would love nothing more than these guys to go out on top. I will sacrifice all my X-mas presents (minus the food) this year for #7. (You charities already got my blood, what else you want!?!?!?:sofunny:)

As I've said before, I will also be making sacrifices to Jabu.

FanSince72
09-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Great - Troy breaking down after week one:banging:

Troy breaks down more often than a European sports car.

FrancoLambert
09-14-2012, 04:39 PM
We are sinking deeper into the doo-doo.
It's time to open up the offense and let it go.
It's getting obvious that if we are to go far this year, the offense will have to carry the D.
Being a long time fan, that sounds weird.

desertsteel
09-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Troy breaks down more often than a European sports car.

Let's face it, football players who are freak athletes like TP and JH begin to break down in their 30's, especially with the kind of punishment they dole out.

Atlanta Dan
09-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Gerry Dulac of the P-G tweets that Harrison probably will be out until early October after the bye week

Gerry Dulac‏@gerrydulac

Do not expect James Harrison to play until after Sept 30 bye week.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/247002572383203328

Hawaii 5-0
09-21-2012, 01:54 AM
James Harrison won’t try to count his total concussions

Posted by Mike Florio on September 20, 2012

A man who is best known for giving guys concussions doesn’t want to think about how many concussions he has suffered.

“I haven’t been out like on my feet or out to where I wasn’t moving, maybe once,” Harrison recently told Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “But what they consider a concussion . . . I’m not going to count.”

Plenty of guys falls into that category. Injuries previously regarded as dings and bell ringings and snot-knockers are and were concussions.

Harrison has yet to play this year, not because of a concussion but a knee injury. Per Robinson, Harrison now has Kevlar padding in his helmet, which is intended to reduce the amount of impact by more than 50 percent.

But none of that changes the manner in which the brain impacts the inside of the skull in the event of sudden stops and starts of the head. Even with a complete elimination of the impact felt outside the head, nothing can protect the brain from bouncing against the bone encasing it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/20/james-harrison-wont-try-to-count-his-total-concussions/