PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Comments

Jpeezyiseternal
09-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Not two minutes ago on NBC Ben denies any problems between him and todd hayley.....????

truth or false

:tt02::tt02::tt02:tonite fellas

Curtain_of_Steel
09-09-2012, 08:53 PM
He keeps calling run plays there might be a problem, lol

OX1947
09-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I do not know about you guys but Haley has already succeeded in keeping Big Ben upright against bookends. It's not like Dwyer and Redman are going backwards. They are getting 2, 4, 8, 4, 6 yards. The line isnt being pushed back. I like it and they need to stick to it.

beer72
09-10-2012, 08:05 AM
I say he has big issues with Haley. That run, run , pass sh*t we did the whole first quarter got old fast...and you could see it on Bens face

Steel95
09-10-2012, 09:02 AM
The game wasn't lost due to the play-calling; the game was lost because the Steelers O/L as a whole isn't that good, period! Doug Legursky? Are you kidding me? Why is he still there? Ramon Foster? Ok, he did better than Legursky, but these two guys are worthless. Mike Adams? Ok, he gets a pass because he's a Rookie for now, but man, this guy looked like he was planted in cement, too slow. The play-calling was great, the O/L didn't open up enough holes for the running game, settling for FG's against Peyton Manning? You will lose each time. That Pick 6? How many times have we seen this idiot take chances with the football? Yes, Ben Roethlisburger. He takes too many chances, he could have easily thrown 3 to 4 interceptions last night, he's lucky he only had 1. This guy plays like he has two personalities; he can play great for a few series, then he simply makes a bone head decision and throws a pick.

The Defense: Ziggy Hood? I didn't see anything from this guy, he doesn't seem like he belongs at all. I don't know, is it me? But I haven't seen anythin from him, he was no were to be found. And this is the guy that is in line to replace Aaron Smith? Casey Hampton? The Steelers should have dumped him two years ago, I tried to tell everybody, this guy is done! Lawrence Timmons? Did you see the wide angle he took against Peyton last night? Timmons is over-rated! The money they invested in this guy was a mistake. Ryan Mundy? Are you kidding me? This guy was horrible last night; although the secondary as a whole was bad. Keenan Lewis? He seems to think he will make the Pro-Bowl this year? Hmm, he will make it if he's the only person voting. Its only 1 game, but I don't see it. Even Cortez Allen and Troy looked pretty bad on a few plays. Chris Carter wasn't bad, but he sure as H#ll wasn't good either.

Mike Tomlin? I'm so sick and tired of this guys relax demeanor on the football field. Hey Mike! Can you get a little fired up over there? The players under his watch hasn't done so well; lets not forget, much of his success has come from players under Cowher's watch. Some of the players drafted under his watch:

(LB) Lawrence Timmons, (DE) Ziggy Hood, (S) Ryan Mundy, (LB) Thaddeus Gibson, (CB) Crezdon Butler,
(CB) Joe Burnett, (LB) Bruce Davis, (DE) Ryan McBean.

Gibson, Butler, Burnett, Davis, McBean? They all washed out. Hood, Timmons? Former 1st Round Draft Picks that hasn't lived up to the expectations.

Yes, its only one game, but I'm starting to see a huge decline on that Defensive Line, I noticed it last year. This team isn't good against the run. They don't play physical at all. Take a look at Tomlin's Demeanor on the sideline; a team normally adopts the personality of their Head Coach.

madtowndrunkard
09-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Our issues are with personnel. The play calling was fine. When you give up 24 points - there is a good chance you will lose. Our O-line is horrible... if we could run the ball our offense would be deadly.

Our defense made me very nervous about the upcoming season.

WVABE
09-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Its just the first game of the season, we got blown away last year too but ended up 12-4.
On a couple plays, if Ben would of had a little (arch) on his passes the outcome could of been a whole differnt story.
I thought it was easy to read the concern in Ben's eyes with some of the play calls, if the D line plays like they did next week, I see an 0-2 start.

zsheik22
09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Play calling didnt seem bad to me at all. Isnt this what people wanted? He used his tight ends and a FB. The OC didnt throw an INT with the game on the line. Horrible read.

+ 3 sacks in a row? C'MON MAN! 300lb road cones.

GoFor7
09-10-2012, 12:34 PM
They play-calling was too conservative and predictable. If they go no-huddle early and play to their strengths, maybe Ben isn't in a position where he has to bail the rest of the team out late in a game. Don't wait until the last 3 minutes to use your best weapon. Use him early and often.

Time to get our heads out of the 70's.

zsheik22
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
They play-calling was too conservative and predictable. If they go no-huddle early and play to their strengths, maybe Ben isn't in a position where he has to bail the rest of the team out late in a game. Don't wait until the last 3 minutes to use your best weapon. Use him early and often.

Everyone was complaining they wanted to get back to "Steeler football".

GoFor7
09-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Everyone was complaining they wanted to get back to "Steeler football".

They don't need to run the ball more, they were already good moving the ball in between the 20's. The Steelers underachieved under Arians because he crapped the bed in the redzone. A 60/40 pass/run ratio may be criminal in Yinzer Nation, but for the rest of the NFL it's common.

Hawaii 5-0
09-11-2012, 01:52 AM

:deadhorse: