PDA

View Full Version : Pleasantly Surprised by Mike Adams

3rdandlong
09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
If you're looking for a positive to take it of the Denver loss, it would have to be Mike Adams. When Gilbert went down, I thiguht "oh no, Adams is coming in now". He got beat on too many pass rushes in the preseason. Last night I'd say he held his own. I can't remember him getting beat like he was in the preseason.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Go watch it again. He didnt look good at all.

Glad legursky is in too, WTF.

TRH
09-10-2012, 06:39 PM
yeah, i thought he looked kind of bad, plus none of the line played in unison.....clumping up on each other and not opening holes for anything.

StainlessStill
09-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Steelers open the night with Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster & Gilbert.

3 hours later, they end with Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Legursky & Adams. Lmao. This olines cursed. I'm convinced.

maddog78
09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Steelers open the night with Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster & Gilbert.

3 hours later, they end with Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Legursky & Adams. Lmao. This olines cursed. I'm convinced.

After one night of Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Decastro, and Gilbert in Buffalo.

If the OL injuries keep piling up, there is no hope for this season.

StainlessStill
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Preseason, Week 1: Adams, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert.

Preseason, Week 3: Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regular season, Week 1, kickoff:

Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert.

End of game:

Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Legurksy, Adams.

Lmao. Spanning only 3 weeks, the Steelers have already had 4 different line rotations, including 2 last night. Their cursed.

fer522
09-10-2012, 07:27 PM
it's going to be a loooong season :banging:

casteeler
09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
You must be on drugs,the last 3 sacks were Adams'fault. This guy is bad

GoFor7
09-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Preseason, Week 1: Adams, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert.

Preseason, Week 3: Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regular season, Week 1, kickoff:

Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Foster, Gilbert.

End of game:

Starks, Colon, Pouncey, Legurksy, Adams.

Lmao. Spanning only 3 weeks, the Steelers have already had 4 different line rotations, including 2 last night. Their cursed.

At least Colon stayed healthy....

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-11-2012, 10:47 AM
I didnt think Adams looked too bad at RT when he came in. He did well run blocking and rode out his rushers to the outside. On the one scramble that Ben had where he ended up extending the field and throwing across his body to Sanders for a big gain.....Adams showed his athletic ability and hustle to get an important cut off block. If he wasnt there, Ben gets sacked.

The sack he gave up on the last series was totally bad technique. He got off the ball late and turned and ran. If he is ready to kick slide, then he can deliver a punch and keep Miller from getting to the edge.

Adams would do well on the right side to get accustomed to the speed of the NFL, much like other OT's have such as Marvel Smith, Max Starks, Brian Bulaga, etc. Its funny how the haters pile on Adams, but ignore that Legursky could not get a hand on Mays and gave up a terrible sack in the phone booth that is the interior line.