PDA

View Full Version : Cards, Leinart at impasse after three days of talks

BlackNGold203
07-31-2006, 10:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2534837

With first-round draft choice Matt Leinart scheduled to be throwing to Arizona Cardinals receivers on Monday, the initial day of training camp practice, the agent for the former Southern California quarterback instead threw in the towel on contract negotiations.

At least for now.

"We've been [in the Phoenix area] since Friday and couldn't get it done," agent Tom Condon said Sunday night, after three days of face-to-face negotiations failed to produce an agreement for the 2004 Heisman Trophy winner. "We're hung up on a lot of issues. It's time to go home."

Not good......:rolleyes:

Livinginthe past
07-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Well, at least he isnt a guy who they need to be starting in week 1.

Some of these agents give off a real negative vibe with their comments sometimes.

NM

lilyoder6
07-31-2006, 11:29 AM
yea they do.. he will prob sign at the end of the week. y wouldn't he want to sign, he has a great duo of receivers and a rb.

memphissteelergirl
07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Things that make you go HMMMM.......:scratchchin:

Ambridge
07-31-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm thinking Leinart is going to rub the extra cash on his bruised ego after dropping to #10 and being picked by the Cards.

boLT fan
07-31-2006, 04:33 PM
I think this is a good time to remember what pretty much every rookie says before being drafted: "It's not about the money, I play becuase I love football. I'll play for free as long as I get a chance to play" :rolleyes:

Haiku_Dirtt
07-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Unlike Bush I see a longer holdout. No matter where he got picked if he believes he's a better pure QB then why wouldn't he want something closer to Young.

The Michael Vick experiment has yielded terrific highlights in the regular season. Young may not get this NFL 'thing' down for 3 or even 4 years.

Leinart will be starting at some point this year since the Card's version of Batch is their starter. I don't expect Leinart to be the next Carson Palmer but he is poised in the pocket. Arm strength is a question mark but I don't remember Montana having the strongest arm in history either.

Hardball negotiations indeed.

lilyoder6
07-31-2006, 05:41 PM
he has the weapons on offense

tony hipchest
07-31-2006, 07:57 PM
With Cutler already signed, isn't Leinart 'bracketed'?pretty much but him and his agent believe he is way better than young or cutler despite where they were selected.

Ambridge
07-31-2006, 08:53 PM
pretty much but him and his agent believe he is way better than young or cutler despite where they were selected.

[Matt Leinert]

Sorry Matt!!! The draft is..what it is.