PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Raiders game in Oakland

e-dub5912
09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
I am a Steelers fan living in Florida and going to be in the bay area in two weeks so I bought a ticket to the week 3 Steelers/Raiders game in Oakland. I'm just wondering if there will be a big contingent of Steeler fans at the game. I know we travel better than anyone but not sure about west coast games. I know Raiders fans can be pretty tough so I dont want to get jumped for wearing my #92 jersey. Anyone here going?

teegre
09-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Don't go.  Seriously.  

I live in San Diego, and Raiders fans are deadly.  They lose a lot... and get very violent.  I have seen them get out of their cars, on the FREEWAY, and start fighting.

A few years ago, they stomped a Steelers fan's ribcage in.  

I have driven to ARIZ and SF... but, this year, when it said OAK, my friends & I all collectively said, "No effing way!!!"  

tunajeff
09-11-2012, 11:54 AM
We Travel very well to the west coast! I have been to games in SF, SD, AZ and Raiders in LA, never had any problems. but im also not a drunk loud mouth. I will also be going to the Black hole but will leave my steeler gear at home..

Bayz101
09-11-2012, 11:59 AM
If you go, promise me that you'll leave the Steelers gear at home.

SoCalFan
09-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I live in L.A. and thinking of going. Steelers fans are always deep on Oak town. Wear your gear and get heckled for sure. Kinda like being in prison, they can spot the weak and will prey!

e-dub5912
09-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Well, I'm definitley going, got my ticket last week. I am far from obnoxious drunk fan but after reading this I might just leave the jersey at home. A terrible towell in the pocket never hurt anyone though

MACH1
09-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm definitley going, got my ticket last week. I am far from obnoxious drunk fan but after reading this I might just leave the jersey at home. A terrible towell in the pocket never hurt anyone though

Might come in handy mopping up your blood.:wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2012, 12:30 PM
you might wanna twist a brick up in the towel ...:tt04:

VolatileMan
09-11-2012, 12:30 PM
FYI I live in Napa (40 minutes from Oakland without commute traffic). Yes Raider fans have a bad reputation. Honestly, its not as bad as made out in this thread, but its not a very friendly atmosphere either.

I dont go to raider-Steeler games because my kids would freak if I went and they didnt and the Colosium is not a family friendly environment. My kids are pre-teen.

Ironically, the same stadium is extremely family friendly for A's games! (goin this friday and have the 4 seats directly behind home plate, you can see me on every pitch!)

So basically, yea Raiders fans suck, thier team sucks, and the atmosphere at thier stadium sucks. But your chances of actually getting physically injured are really slim.

So if you are not taking childeren with you, I say go, represent Steeler Nation proudly, and stay out of the black hole. :)

VolatileMan

stb_steeler
09-11-2012, 12:35 PM
If you go, promise me that you'll leave the Steelers gear at home.

NEVER....Real Steeler fans never back down....

e-dub5912
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM
FYI I live in Napa (40 minutes from Oakland without commute traffic). Yes Raider fans have a bad reputation. Honestly, its not as bad as made out in this thread, but its not a very friendly atmosphere either.

I dont go to raider-Steeler games because my kids would freak if I went and they didnt and the Colosium is not a family friendly environment. My kids are pre-teen.

Ironically, the same stadium is extremely family friendly for A's games! (goin this friday and have the 4 seats directly behind home plate, you can see me on every pitch!)

So basically, yea Raiders fans suck, thier team sucks, and the atmosphere at thier stadium sucks. But your chances of actually getting physically injured are really slim.

So if you are not taking childeren with you, I say go, represent Steeler Nation proudly, and stay out of the black hole. :)

VolatileMan

Thanks VolatileMan. I'll be in the area on buisness so I'm going to the game by myself (loser :wave:) so that sort of sucks. I'll probably scan the crowd and tailgaters before I get out of the car and see what the ratio is. I've been to games in MIA where it's about a 50/50 split with MIA/PIT fans. I'm a big enough guy that I can hold my own, and dont mind some heckling, but I certainly don't want to take on 50,000 drunken maniacs

BIGNASTY91
09-11-2012, 02:30 PM
NEVER....Real Steeler fans never back down....

:tt03: :tt03: :helmet: :helmet: :tt03: :tt03:

azbronco
09-11-2012, 06:05 PM
OMG - don't you dare leave your Steeler jersey at the hotel. Why? Because F those Raider fans that's why. I've been to a game when they were in LA and I'm a Broncos fan. Granted, I didn't talk shit but I wasn't going to let those **** ups ruin my day. They can take their darth vader masks and stick them up their ass. Bring your pepper spray just in case, lol. Seriously, you'll be fine. I agree with most of you though, they are a suck ass franchise, their fans suck, their stadium sucks, their owner Al Davis sucked most of all and glad that shit face is 6 feet under. RIP Al.....Rest In Piss, you ****in POS. Their players suck. Just everything Raiders is nothing but suckage. I hope you guys bury their ass in a big way.

nyuknyuk
09-11-2012, 06:59 PM
The Raiders are the most morally bankrupt franchise in the NFL with the New England Polariods being the only possible exception...

THEY MUST BE DESTROYED.

Good luck on your mission against the Evil Empire (West).

nyuknyuk
09-11-2012, 07:03 PM
OMG - don't you dare leave your Steeler jersey at the hotel. Why? Because F those Raider fans that's why. I've been to a game when they were in LA and I'm a Broncos fan. Granted, I didn't talk shit but I wasn't going to let those **** ups ruin my day. They can take their darth vader masks and stick them up their ass. Bring your pepper spray just in case, lol. Seriously, you'll be fine. I agree with most of you though, they are a suck ass franchise, their fans suck, their stadium sucks, their owner Al Davis sucked most of all and glad that shit face is 6 feet under. RIP Al.....Rest In Piss, you ****in POS. Their players suck. Just everything Raiders is nothing but suckage. I hope you guys bury their ass in a big way.

Davis was very spiteful. He died owing Shanahan, Gruden, and Kiffin back pay. He sabotaged his own franchise with his spitefulness and poor management, as well as his insistence on meddling in personnel decisions. He was actually a good thing - he kept the team in the basement, which is undoubtedly why it attracted so much barrel scrapings as fans. Have you seen the cheerleading squad? Hooooly cow. Looks like something from a Low Rider convention.

:toofunny:

e-dub5912
09-13-2012, 09:55 AM
great...
http://deadspin.com/5942608/some-fantastic-photos-of-a-fan-fight-at-the-raiders-game/gallery/1
better pack my brass knuckles, or like someone else said, a brick inside my t-towell :tt03:

beer72
09-13-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm retired military and been to many steeler games all over the us and even the probowl in HI... im here to tell you raider fans are the biggest a$$holes in the world. I went a few years back with my 12 yr old son. I don't mind being called names at visiting teams but when they say they are goin to kill me and my son and call him horrible names just uncalled for. fortunately we found othher steeler nation fans and did have a good time. Just be careful though.. oh yea the steelers lost too so maybe that's why i survived. Just truely the worst fans ever..and yes we wore all the steeler gear we own....:tt04:

VolatileMan
09-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks VolatileMan. I'll be in the area on buisness so I'm going to the game by myself (loser :wave:) so that sort of sucks. I'll probably scan the crowd and tailgaters before I get out of the car and see what the ratio is. I've been to games in MIA where it's about a 50/50 split with MIA/PIT fans. I'm a big enough guy that I can hold my own, and dont mind some heckling, but I certainly don't want to take on 50,000 drunken maniacs

Hey I do the same thing when Im traveling on business (attend Steeler games solo).
My first trip to Heins brought a tear to my eye, like Ave Ventura telling Ray Finkles parents; "This is my Graceland, Sir"!

I also had a wonderful time in Cinncinati last year, the crowd was 50/50 and the Bengal fans were really cool. Lots of good nature ribbing, but nothing crazy.

VolatileMan

TheDude
09-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey I do the same thing when Im traveling on business (attend Steeler games solo).
My first trip to Heins brought a tear to my eye, like Ave Ventura telling Ray Finkles parents; "This is my Graceland, Sir"!

I also had a wonderful time in Cinncinati last year, the crowd was 50/50 and the Bengal fans were really cool. Lots of good nature ribbing, but nothing crazy.

VolatileMan

great reference dude....hilarious

teegre
09-13-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm retired military and been to many steeler games all over the us and even the probowl in HI... im here to tell you raider fans are the biggest a$$holes in the world. I went a few years back with my 12 yr old son. I don't mind being called names at visiting teams but when they say they are goin to kill me and my son and call him horrible names just uncalled for. fortunately we found othher steeler nation fans and did have a good time. Just be careful though.. oh yea the steelers lost too so maybe that's why i survived. Just truely the worst fans ever..and yes we wore all the steeler gear we own....:tt04:

Raiders fans when winning: Yelling death threats.

Raiders fans when losing: Bringing those death threats to fruition.

The Friday before a SD-OAK game, the freeways are full of people throwing rocks, chains, and empty beer cans at other cars. I have literally seen cars stop (on the freeway) and two groups of guys go at it. I have even seen Raiders fans throw trash at 5 year old Chargerettes (little girls who cheerlead).

EVERY cop in SD is on patrol in the parking lot & on the surrounding street before & after those games.

If the Raiders are winning, the parking lot is "alright" (although, on the way to my car, I have walked past no less than three fights). If the Raiders lose... holy crap!!! Car windows get broken... many, many, many fights ensue... and Raiders fans can been seen impregnating opposums. [The last part is embellishment, but you get the idea: melee.]

California-Steel
09-13-2012, 07:13 PM
There are plenty of Steeler fans out here in the Bay Area. We have a couple of Steeler Bars and many of the fans from those bars will go to the game together. Wear your gear there will be plenty of Steeler fans in full gear there.

I go to Steeler games out here at both Candlestick and the Colosseum. Yeah there are always some A-holes at every stadium but for the most part you should be OK. I take my kids too.

Oh and that we travel well thing is all myth - We are just every-freakin-where.

QCbeauBlak
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Treat it like strolling into any local hood. Don't worry about what you have on. If you act like nothings wrong with your head high, you will be fine. Don't act scared because those are always the ones that get picked on. Seriously though, one or two incidents happen and people get so afraid in this country it is laughable. Maybe it is because I have lived in many different environments that I can see through the media perception.. No one ever takes into consideration what the so called victims did to bring about the violence. 9 times out of 10 violence isn't just random. Enjoy the game. The bay has maddddddd Steeler fans. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Big7BenHOF
09-15-2012, 03:00 AM
I'm going, in Steelers gear and all. I was there the last time we played Oakland and it wasn't too bad. The only real problem regarding fights and whatnot is depending on where your sitting. Sure, you may meet up with some Steelers fans before the game, but obviously you guys all won't be sitting together. Either way, I can see a reason for not wanting to wear your gear (it's obviously not a myth when there are reports on the news of deaths from stabbings and whatnot there), but I'll be wearing mine.

Hey, at least your a big guy, according to your post. I'm only 19 and extremely skinny ... going by myself.

FrancoLambert
09-15-2012, 08:50 AM
To quote a famous idiom: "Discretion is the better part of valor."
I'd swallow my pride a bit (and skip the gear) to avoid a broken jaw.
It doesn't indicate that you're a *****; it means you're smart.

eradinate
09-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Can't wait I thought Cleveland was bad when they said they were gonna rape my wife.

zcoop
09-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Treat it like strolling into any local hood. Don't worry about what you have on. If you act like nothings wrong with your head high, you will be fine. Don't act scared because those are always the ones that get picked on. Seriously though, one or two incidents happen and people get so afraid in this country it is laughable. Maybe it is because I have lived in many different environments that I can see through the media perception.. No one ever takes into consideration what the so called victims did to bring about the violence. 9 times out of 10 violence isn't just random. Enjoy the game. The bay has maddddddd Steeler fans. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Thats how you do it. Faider fans are the worst and will try to punk you. Just don't get into any chit with the drunks and you should be ok.

ARKIESTEEL
09-18-2012, 09:00 AM
I am meeting a group of fans from the LA area and I am pretty sure we are having a tailgate (not sure which lot). Here is an idea for all of you that are talking about going solo, meet up some place before the game and go in together. I should know by Saturday which lot we are in and if anyone would like to meet up PM me for a number you can reach me at. I am flying in Friday from Arkansas and will be wearing my Steelers gear from the time I fly out of Memphis till the time the wheels touch down on the return trip. Some folks stated about how to act and most of them I agree with, it is like messing with dogs if you act like prey then you become prey if you act like a predator then other predators will for the most part leave you alone. I want to say there are 146 folks in this group we are in so saftey in numbers is not a problem for me............................hit me up for a number to text me at or look for a big guy in a black #44 ARKIESTEEL jersey

sluggermatt15
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Go to the game, don't make an ass out of yourself, and you should be fine. Cheer when your team succeeds. Don't listen and get sucked into anything Raider fans may try. You should be in good shape.

NoFieldFive
09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
coming down from Seattle for the game. wife is a Raiders' fan. should be fun.

StainlessStill
09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
great...
http://deadspin.com/5942608/some-fantastic-photos-of-a-fan-fight-at-the-raiders-game/gallery/1
better pack my brass knuckles, or like someone else said, a brick inside my t-towell :tt03:

Are they fighting each other? Lmao. What tools. Better get out the stupid Darth Vader mask! Bunch of freaks.

e-dub5912
09-18-2012, 02:54 PM
ARKIESTEEL,
Check your PM.

Also, ARKIESTEEL / Big7BenHOF / and others, what section are you guys in? I'll be in 122

Can't wait for this game! :tt04:

Big7BenHOF
09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
ARKIESTEEL,
Check your PM.

Also, ARKIESTEEL / Big7BenHOF / and others, what section are you guys in? I'll be in 122

Can't wait for this game! :tt04:

I'm in section 335 ... way up there! :tt02:

Hawaii 5-0
09-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Steelers caution against opportunistic Raiders

By Alan Robinson
Published: Wednesday, September 19, 2012

If there’s a Steelers theme for the week, it’s this: Beware the Black Hole.

No, not the one that seemingly swallowed up their running game.

The Oakland Raiders (0-2) would appear to be just the floundering opponent a banged-up team wishes for at this stage of the season, especially with the chance to heal during an upcoming bye week.

The Raiders haven’t finished above .500 in 10 years. They’re off to their usual poor start. A bad long snapper and some ill-timed penalties cost them in a 22-14 loss to San Diego, and they were blown out Sunday by one of the NFL’s worst teams, losing 35-13 to the Miami Dolphins.

New coach, new season, same old Raiders. And that might be the Steelers’ biggest worry as they head to timeworn Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum — the last remaining multipurpose stadium to house an NFL and Major League Baseball team — on Sunday.

Twice in the past six years, Steelers teams coming off Super Bowl victories were tripped up by terrible Raiders teams, perhaps a forewarning as the Steelers (1-1) prepare for the only game in the first half of the season in which they will be heavily favored to win.

During their last visit to the so-called Black Hole in 2006, Ben Roethlisberger threw four interceptions only a week after receiving a concussion in Atlanta. The Raiders returned two for touchdowns, including a 100-yarder by Chris Carr, and upset the Steelers 20-13 — the last time that 2-14 team won all season.

“In my wildest dreams, I didn’t think I would be playing this badly,” Roethlisberger said then.

Under the NFL’s current concussion standards, he probably wouldn’t have played at all.

Roethlisberger also was getting over a concussion three years later when the Steelers were upset by the Raiders again, a last-minute 27-24 loss at Heinz Field on Dec. 6, 2009.

That loss to a 5-11 Raiders team, and another five days later to a 5-11 Browns team, ultimately cost them any chance of repeating as Super Bowl champions.

Former Seton-La Salle quarterback Bruce Gradkowski threw three touchdown passes in the final 8˝ minutes for Oakland; an 11-yard game-winner to Louis Murphy with nine seconds remaining came with backup safety Ryan Mundy in coverage because Troy Polamalu was injured.

Polamalu (strained calf) might not play in this one, either. Coach Mike Tomlin didn’t sound optimistic Tuesday, saying Polamalu and linebacker James Harrison (knee) still aren’t ready to practice.

Harrison hasn’t played since last season; Polamalu sat out the 27-10 win over the Jets on Sunday.

“We are going to work day to day and look at how their body responds to work,” Tomlin said.

“We’ll start with informal workouts and work up to practice at some point and see where it all leads us.”

Also limited when practice resumes Wednesday will be running back Jonathan Dwyer (turf toe), right tackle Marcus Gilbert (groin) and tight end Heath Miller (rib cartilage separation), although none of those injuries appear to be serious.

Then again, Tomlin didn’t think a week ago that Polamalu’s calf injury would keep him out of the Jets game.

As Tomlin cautioned about the dangers of the Raiders, who have lost six of seven dating to last season in part because they can’t run the ball, he emphasized the importance of getting his own running game going.

The run game has matched its worst start in 22 years by gaining only 141 yards in two games, and Tomlin said even the game-clinching, 14-play drive Sunday in which the Steelers ran for 31 yards on eight carries was substandard.

“I’m looking for more than that, obviously,” Tomlin said. “I’m actually looking for better than that.”

Isaac Redman finished that drive with a 2-yard touchdown run but is averaging only 2 yards per carry on a team that is 30th in rushing yards and yards per attempt and 29th in total yards per play.

Maybe the Raiders will provide a helping hand; they’ve allowed 295 yards rushing, the fourth most in the league.

“We haven’t run the ball as well as we have liked,” Tomlin said. “I’m not interested in assigning blame in that regard. … We need to tighten up our menu and lean on the things we are doing well. We need to block better and put the ball where it needs to be on a more consistent basis.”

Some help might be on the way: Rashard Mendenhall, the two-time 1,000-yard rusher recovering from a torn ACL that occurred in the final regular season game last season, is ready for full practice.

“We will thud him up a little bit on a day we are allowed to carry our pads and see if he can respond positively to it,” Tomlin said.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz26tAJqfOE

tanda10506
09-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Can't wait I thought Cleveland was bad when they said they were gonna rape my wife.

This is why I wouldn't go to any opposing stadiums to watch the Steelers play. Seems like a lot of members here have a great ability to stay calm and have a lot of patience, way more then I do. If someone said that to me it's on, I might get my ass beat by tons of surrounding fans, but that first hit's going straight to his throat. So instead of creating a rap sheet, I just save some extra money and fly out to Pittsburgh where you get the authentic feel!

Galax Steeler
09-19-2012, 05:08 AM
I have always heard that Oakland is not a friendly place to be if you are the visiting team. I am sure they will be alot of Steeler fans there to support the Black and Gold though.

Tx777
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eEaXZEE2Vig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bayz101
09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
LOL.

LVSteelersfan
09-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm already concerned by reading what Tomlin said. He said we need to get the running game going. SCREW THAT. The Raiders secondary BLOWS. Forget the run game and pass, pass, pass. You fall into that trap with run, run, 3rd and long pass, the Raiders will hang in there and beat us at the end.

ARKIESTEEL
09-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm already concerned by reading what Tomlin said. He said we need to get the running game going. SCREW THAT. The Raiders secondary BLOWS. Forget the run game and pass, pass, pass. You fall into that trap with run, run, 3rd and long pass, the Raiders will hang in there and beat us at the end.

I am sure NFL coaches never say one thing and do another

GoFor7
09-19-2012, 11:44 AM

I wouldn't mind if the offense approaches this game the same as they approached the Patriots game last year. Just get TDs instead of FGs this time around.

ARKIESTEEL
09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
as long as the ball does not bounce funny we should have this one. The raiders are a dumpster fire

steelfury02
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM
we need a road win against an AFC opponent - this game will be a good measuring stick of what this team is capable of - they need to learn to win on the road, and in convincing fashion

Fire Arians
09-19-2012, 12:38 PM
we need a road win against an AFC opponent - this game will be a good measuring stick of what this team is capable of - they need to learn to win on the road, and in convincing fashion

I like tomlin, but his track record in road games needs to improve

steelfury02
09-19-2012, 12:39 PM
the mental toughness on the road hasn't been displayed in a while IMHO

Hawaii 5-0
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I heard the Raiders chicks at the game are all really cute...

http://www.chargertom.com/raidershugefan.jpg

Buddha Bus
09-19-2012, 05:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_NU0KW8PzMA/TmsSNkS1cTI/AAAAAAAAA7M/wpnzUXeuT5Y/s1600/Raiders_Funny2.png

http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/funny-raiders-poster.jpg?w=492

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/19/129161348945167850.jpg

Galax Steeler
09-19-2012, 05:36 PM
I like tomlin, but his track record in road games needs to improve

Not to mention the 4 o'clock games his track record is not as good.

Hawaii 5-0
09-19-2012, 06:10 PM

mostly because: :chuckle:

http://www.chargertom.com/RaidersBagHead2.jpg

Buddha Bus
09-19-2012, 06:20 PM
mostly because: :chuckle:

http://www.chargertom.com/RaidersBagHead2.jpg

They could always pay people with lower self-esteem to take them off their hands, although I figure that's a pretty tall order to find somebody with that type of qualification. Sorta like finding a snipe. :sofunny:

Hawaii 5-0
09-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Raider Nation will be out in full force this Sunday to root on their team...

http://www.chargertom.com/RaidersParadeGay.jpg

zcoop
09-19-2012, 06:32 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_NU0KW8PzMA/TmsSNkS1cTI/AAAAAAAAA7M/wpnzUXeuT5Y/s1600/Raiders_Funny2.png

http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/funny-raiders-poster.jpg?w=492

Damn, what a motley crew.:chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
09-19-2012, 06:46 PM
http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/jemarcus-russell-fat.jpg

SoCalFan
09-19-2012, 08:10 PM
There will be plenty of these dudes making the drive up from my hood,L.A. to support gangster nation!cholos.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
09-20-2012, 03:39 AM
It is still early, but the Raiders look like a joke

By Monte Poole - Oakland Tribune
Published: Monday, Sep. 17, 2012

No moral victories or silver linings, nothing of redeeming value.

The Raiders so thoroughly embarrassed themselves Sunday that the team photo should be 45 clown suits, all of them empty.

The Oakland roster that showed up in Miami was not a team ready to play but a joke willing to be played.

And the Dolphins, considered by some the worst team in the NFL, laughed and laughed until the merciful intervention of the clock spared the Raiders further indignity.

After Oakland took a 35-13 spanking from a team of such little promise, the Raiders' season is on high alert. A year of radical transition is threatening to deliver four months of sheer futility.

The Dolphins, after all, looked like one of the likeliest wins on the schedule, with a new coaching staff, a rookie quarterback, a hollow secondary and one of the least-imposing receiving corps in the NFL.

There may not be a more pessimistic fan base.

But the Raiders were an elixir, energizing fans at Sun Life Stadium and making the Dolphins look like a well-coached, highly skilled contender.

Most disappointing, the Oakland defense that has been dreadful for years but was respectable in the season opener last Monday vanished in the second half, when the Raiders were outscored 28-3.

Miami running back Reggie Bush (26 carries, 172 yards, two touchdowns) rambled as he did in his USC heyday. Quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who threw three interceptions in his pro debut last week, performed like a polished pro. Wide receiver Brian Hartline (nine catches, 111 yards) could not be covered.

"The way we started in the first half, I didn't foresee 35 at the end of the game," Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly conceded to reporters in Miami.

The Raiders' offense that scored one touchdown against San Diego did no better against Miami. The running game sputtered again. Darren McFadden (11 carries, 22 yards) already misses the schemes of former coach Hue Jackson.

First-year general manager Reggie McKenzie knew he was inheriting a mess, but he saw how deeply his personnel department needs to dig. It will scan the waiver wire again this week and probably find someone at least the equal of what the Raiders have.

Rookie coach Dennis Allen, in his first two attempts to distinguish himself, has brought nothing to indicate his team is ready to be a force. And after looking at Jim Harbaugh's work with the 49ers last year, we know what's possible in Year 1 of a new regime.

Allen, the NFL's youngest head coach, wants to vindicate his GM for making the risky move of hiring him as Jackson's replacement. Optimists are scratching their heads, and skeptics are screaming at the skies.

They all have memories. They realize this is looking like 2007 – the last year the Raiders hired a fresh-faced young coach and opened with back-to-back losses.

The '07 team won its next two games, then lost six in a row and finished 4-12. The coach, Lane Kiffin, was fired four games into 2008.

Well, the Raiders look like a team that might need three or four seasons before rising to mediocrity.

There will be growth. There will be change. The "New Era of Excellence," as described by the team's PR department, is very much in its embryonic stages. There will, eventually, be measurable progress.

But right now, after this forgettable effort, everything points toward regression.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/17/4826041/it-is-still-early-but-the-raiders.html#storylink=cpy

e-dub5912
09-20-2012, 09:14 AM
There will be plenty of these dudes making the drive up from my hood,L.A. to support gangster nation!cholos.jpg

LOL

steelfury02
09-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Raiders fans got these cheeseburgers maaaaaan
http://distilleryimage4.instagram.com/5fd852bc9d7411e19e4a12313813ffc0_6.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
09-20-2012, 02:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-qF6CbJo2vY/SU4qoFHwcEI/AAAAAAAAEhE/jpyBQmffqDs/s400/raiders_suck.jpg

casteeler
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I LOVE watching the Raiders lose almost as much as I Love watching the Steelers win! Raider fans are thugs and talk all preseason about how great the Raiders will be this year. I live in Northern California and have flown my Steelers Flag and worn my Black and Gold everyday this week:tt04:

Hawaii 5-0
09-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Roethlisberger Looks To Give Steelers First Road Win In Oakland Since 1995

Thursday, September 20th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

Sunday against the Oakland Raiders the Pittsburgh Steelers will be looking for their first road win against the Silver and Black since 1995 when they won 29-10.

The Steelers last trip out to Oakland was not a memorable one for quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who went 25-of-37 in the game passing with 4 interceptions, of which 2 were returned for touchdowns by Nnamdi Asomugha and Chris Carr. Roethlisberger was also sacked 5 times in that game.

The bad performance by the Steelers quarterback can most likely be blamed on the concussion he suffered the week before in the game against the Atlanta Falcons. As tough as the league is now on players with concussions, it is a good bet that Charlie Batch would have made that start against the Raiders instead. In fact, he probably should have.

As good as Roethlisberger has been over the course of his career on 3rd downs, he wasn't in that game against the Raiders as 3 of his 4 interceptions came on the all-important down.

“I remember throwing something like 6 or 7 picks and it being a crazy, hostile place. That’s about it,” Roethlisberger said on Wednesday when asked about that game.

While the Steelers lost the game, it certainly wasn't because of their defense, as the Raiders totaled 98 net yards and just nine first downs in the game. They also only allowed 81 yards rushing on 29 attempts in the game without nose tackle Casey Hampton and Raiders quarterback Andrew Walter completed just 5 passes in the game for 51 yards.

The Black Hole is a tough place to play and it is hard to believe the Steelers haven't won there since 1995. The Raiders secondary is hampered by injuries heading into the game Sunday, but there is no such thing as a gimme in the NFL. Regardless of how the Steelers play defensively, another 4 interception, 5 sack day for Roethlisberger on Sunday will likely make the quarterback never want to visit Oakland ever again.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/roethlisberger-looks-to-give-steelers-first-road-win-in-oakland-since-1995/

Ebannaw
09-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Wow. Reading this thread has prompted me to respond. I realize how pointless and futile it really is, but just wow.

You Steeler fans are really ignorant. Wait, I take that back. It's retarded to generalize an entire fan base like that, something a few of you seem to have done in this thread with the fan base I belong to.

Yeah, there are a lot of idiots at Raider games.

There's a lot of idiots at 49er games too. There's a lot of idiots at Eagles games too. There's a lot of idiots at Cowboys games too. Yes, even at Steeler games there's a lot of idiots. Don't go generalizing and acting all afraid of "the criminal" Raiders when you don't even frigging know what the hell you're talking about.

I grew up a Raider fan, yes, since the day I was born it was bred into me (and yes, I was taught to absolutely despise the Steelers :p). Times have been more than tough the last decade, but I still root for my team because that's what you do as a fan--you don't go with the tide. Most Raider fans are like this. That is a true statement. Most Raider fans are not mindless thugs who like to fight and heckle other team's fans. We may talk a lil crap, but who doesn't? Don't try and act like you guys don't, I can tell you do by all the stuff in this thread!

So please, don't be afraid to come to the game. It is after all a football game, but more importantly it's about rooting for your team. If you came and didn't wear your gear, you're not a very big Steeler fan are you? Support your team, it's your damn right and may the best team this Sunday win.

Need4spd
09-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Real Sports just did a piece this month on violence in sports stadiums. There are apparently a lot more horror stories that we never even hear about, never mind the ones that we do, such as the Giants fan in L.A. for a Dodgers game a couple years ago. Raiders fans are a thing of legend for their behavior. I would check your ego at the door, and leave your gear at the hotel if you're going to venture into enemy territory. Steelers fan do travel extremely well, and I'm sure there will be plenty there, but you will still be severely outnumbered. Don't take our word for it, watch Real Sports and then decide. Seriously.

steelfury02
09-21-2012, 10:49 AM
:blah: typical Steelers hater response . . .

I know one thing is for sure. There are a lot more criminals and criminal acts taking place in your "house" than at Heinz. I'd really leave it at that because you won't convince many otherwise. Just 'cause a fan is afraid to wear their Steelers gear, doesn't make them any less of a fan - it just makes them more comfortable while watching the game that they spent a lot of $$$ to see.

Yea, there are idiot Steelers fans that harp on visiting fans at Heinz, and there have been incidences - but your place has the reputation for a reason.

If it looks like it, smells like it, welllllllll . . .

Ebannaw
09-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey if you want to be afraid to go to the game here, that's fine.

All I'm saying is that is an asinine point of view.

The Coliseum has a relatively high survival rate! At least 99%.

tony hipchest
09-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Raiders fans got these cheeseburgers maaaaaan
http://distilleryimage4.instagram.com/5fd852bc9d7411e19e4a12313813ffc0_6.jpg:rofl:

So please, don't be afraid to come to the game. It is after all a football game, but more importantly it's about rooting for your team. If you came and didn't wear your gear, you're not a very big Steeler fan are you? Support your team, it's your damn right and may the best team this Sunday win.

welcome to the board raiderfan!

i agree... may the steelers win. :tt02:

SoCalFan
09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Wow. Reading this thread has prompted me to respond. I realize how pointless and futile it really is, but just wow.

You Steeler fans are really ignorant. Wait, I take that back. It's retarded to generalize an entire fan base like that, something a few of you seem to have done in this thread with the fan base I belong to.

There's a lot of idiots at 49er games too. There's a lot of idiots at Eagles games too. There's a lot of idiots at Cowboys games too. Yes, even at Steeler games there's a lot of idiots. Don't go generalizing and acting all afraid of "the criminal" Raiders when you don't even frigging know what the hell you're talking about.

I grew up a Raider fan, yes, since the day I was born it was bred into me (and yes, I was taught to absolutely despise the Steelers :p). Times have been more than tough the last decade, but I still root for my team because that's what you do as a fan--you don't go with the tide. Most Raider fans are like this. That is a true statement. Most Raider fans are not mindless thugs who like to fight and heckle other team's fans. We may talk a lil crap, but who doesn't? Don't try and act like you guys don't, I can tell you do by all the stuff in this thread!

Unfortionately for you and the real fans (I grew up in L.A. and have alot of friends that are real Raider fans) the ratio of jack-asses to real fans is much higher for gangster nation! Some of my friends are quite embarrased to even wear the gear! The best team will win, believe that!!!

Hawaii 5-0
09-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Marcus Allen will light the Al Davis flame on Sunday

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2012

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/350x-1129-e1348265695949.jpg?w=200

More than 20 years after Raiders owner Al Davis decided to park running back Marcus Allen on the bench until his contract expired, Allen will attend a Raiders game.

Paul Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Allen will light the flame that honors the long-time owner’s memory, prior to their game against the Steelers. It’s happening at the behest of Mark Davis, Al’s son.

The development comes years after something happened to drive a wedge between the two men that never was resolved before Davis died last year.

“He told me he was going to get me,” Allen said in 1992. “We’ve had conversations. I don’t know for what reason, but he told me he was going to get me.”

In 2010, Davis declined to delve into the details.

“I’m not going to tell you,” Davis told Ice Cube, who put together a documentary on the team. “It’s a deeper story than you even dream, that I was well aware of, and I just got a certain approach to life.”

The truth still isn’t known (it’s believed in some circles that Davis didn’t approve of Allen’s friendship with O.J. Simpson — which would make Davis a genius), but it’s great to see Allen let bygones be bygones.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/marcus-allen-will-light-the-al-davis-flame-on-sunday/

teegre
09-22-2012, 05:49 AM
The Coliseum has a relatively high survival rate! At least 99%.

1% death rate at Raiders games times 50,000 people equals 500 dead.

Sounds about right. :wink02:

BoltWalt
09-22-2012, 06:11 AM
Raiders fans when winning: Yelling death threats.

Raiders fans when losing: Bringing those death threats to fruition.

The Friday before a SD-OAK game, the freeways are full of people throwing rocks, chains, and empty beer cans at other cars. I have literally seen cars stop (on the freeway) and two groups of guys go at it. I have even seen Raiders fans throw trash at 5 year old Chargerettes (little girls who cheerlead).

EVERY cop in SD is on patrol in the parking lot & on the surrounding street before & after those games.

If the Raiders are winning, the parking lot is "alright" (although, on the way to my car, I have walked past no less than three fights). If the Raiders lose... holy crap!!! Car windows get broken... many, many, many fights ensue... and Raiders fans can been seen impregnating opposums. [The last part is embellishment, but you get the idea: melee.]

A few years back a raider fan knifed a Bolts fan after a loss and this was at Qualcomm in San Diego. The raider fan did not even wait to get out in the parking lot. Stupid raider fans. Please crush the raiders this Sunday, I think that you should humiliate them in thier own house. Score over 30 on them and allow them no more than 10. The raiders fans really belong to the crimnal element of NFL fans. I can respect a lof of fans of opposing teams, but not those of the raiders.
:tt04:

beer72
09-22-2012, 07:34 AM

You are correct there are good and bad fans everywhere you go. As my previous post suggest its the only time i have ever felt truly threatened though, and its the only place i have ever been where they have threatened my 12 yr old son. like you said when it comes down to it ...its only a game. When we did finally settle down with other steeler nation fans.. we got along just fine with the raider fans all around us....

teegre
09-22-2012, 10:26 AM
A few years back a raider fan knifed a Bolts fan after a loss and this was at Qualcomm in San Diego. The raider fan did not even wait to get out in the parking lot. Stupid raider fans. Please crush the raiders this Sunday, I think that you should humiliate them in thier own house. Score over 30 on them and allow them no more than 10. The raiders fans really belong to the crimnal element of NFL fans. I can respect a lof of fans of opposing teams, but not those of the raiders.

Exactly.

And, the Steelers shall annihilate the Raidahs... specifically for you.

Hawaii 5-0
09-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Depleted Steelers head to Oakland searching for second straight win

Published September 21, 2012
by Sports Network

Another flight across the country is in store for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and this time they hope it bears different results.

The Steelers opened the 2012 season at Denver in Peyton Manning's debut with the Broncos and suffered a convincing 31-19 loss. They then headed back to Western Pennsylvania and their home opener was a breeze, winning 27-10 versus the New York Jets last Sunday.

At least Pittsburgh is traveling with a win in its back pocket for Sunday's classic matchup against the Oakland Raiders. The storied rivalry will commence before the Steelers, who will play four of the next six games away from the Steel City, head into their bye week.

The Steelers are trying to start 2-1 for a second straight year and were 6-2 through the first eight weeks of the 2011 campaign. Their defense did the job against a Jets team that pummeled Buffalo in Week 1, holding quarterback Mark Sanchez to 138 yards passing with a touchdown and no interceptions. New York finished with 219 total yards and couldn't get much of anything going, despite Pittsburgh not having safety Troy Polamalu (calf) and linebacker James Harrison (knee).

Polamalu played in the Week 1 loss to the Broncos and Harrison has yet to make his 2012 debut. The Steelers could use their top two playmakers on defense, but are not in a hurry to rush them back.

"We are going to work day-to-day and look how their body responds to work," Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said. "We'll start with informal workouts and work up to practice at some point and see where it all leads us. They are potential assets to us, but as you know we focus on the guys that are healthy and preparing."

Safety Ryan Clark played a big role against the Jets after being held out of the Denver game due to his sickle-cell condition. Clark had eight tackles and one pass breakup, and was pleased with his performance afterward.

"I had a lot of emotion," Clark said. "I had a lot of emotion. It was my first game since the Cleveland game last year that I played in that meant anything."

Clark helped the Steelers win their 10th straight home opener, the longest active streak in the league. Dating back to the 2011 regular season, the Steelers have won seven of their last nine non-playoff games.

Oakland kicked off its season with a tough 22-14 loss versus San Diego, and the losing trend continued last Sunday in a 35-13 road defeat to rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill and the Miami Dolphins.

The Raiders are 0-2 for the first time since 2007 and haven't lost their first three games since starting 0-5 in 2006.

First-year head coach Dennis Allen was asked if he could take anything away from last Sunday's game that saw the Raiders amass 396 total yards -- including 373 through the air -- but had only a 1-for-12 success rate on third down.

"I can't think of a lot of things off the top of my head," Allen said. "I think the fact that we came back after that first series where they took the ball down the field and scored -- our ability to come back there -- and then the rest of the first quarter and the rest of the first half, come out with a lead at halftime, I was pleased with that. But I wasn't pleased with the way we came out in the second half."

Oakland was forced to abandon the run against the Dolphins and racked up just 23 yards on the ground. Twenty-two of those yards were compiled by Darren McFadden, who touched the ball just 11 times after registering 15 carries and making 13 receptions in a Week 1 matchup with the Chargers.

Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer played well in defeat, passing for 373 yards with a touchdown and an interception, but faces a strong Steelers' secondary regardless if Polamalu plays or not. He could use a solid run game, mostly from McFadden, to be that much better in a challenging obstacle that awaits in Oakland's return to the Coliseum.

"We're going to continue to run the ball because that's where the big plays in this offense come from," Palmer said. "They come off the running game and Darren's a guy that can score from anywhere on the field. We realize that and defenses realize that, so we're not going to abandon it whatsoever. We're going to continue to work at it, we're going to continue to get better at it and he's going to get his chances because he's obviously a special talent and we're going to get him his opportunities."

SERIES HISTORY

Raiders lead 10-9

Last Meeting: Steelers 35, Raiders 3 (Nov. 21, 2010 at Pittsburgh) Last Meeting at Site: Raiders 20, Steelers 13 (Oct. 29, 2006)

Steelers HC Mike Tomlin vs. Raiders: 1-1 Raiders HC Dennis Allen vs. Steelers: 0-0 Tomlin vs. Allen Head-to-Head: First Meeting

Notes: Raiders had won two straight against the Steelers, including a 27-24 upset at Heinz Field during the 2009 season, before Pittsburgh's home rout the following year. Steelers are making only their third visit to the Coliseum since 1995, when the Black and Gold posted a 29-10 triumph over Oakland on Dec. 10 of that year. These teams also share a storied postseason history, having split six previous playoff meetings between 1972 and 1983 and facing one another in the AFC Championship three straight years from 1974-76. The most memorable of those postseason encounters was Pittsburgh's 13-7 victory on the famed "Immaculate Reception" during the 1972 Divisional Round.

BY THE NUMBERS

Offensive Team Rankings
Pittsburgh: 25th overall (307.5 ypg), 30th rushing (70.5 ypg), 18th passing (237.0 ypg), 17th scoring (23.0 ppg)
Oakland: 15th overall (358.5 ypg), 31st rushing (34.0 ypg), 3rd passing (324.5 ypg), 31st scoring (13.5 ppg)

Defensive Team Rankings
Pittsburgh: 7th overall (276.5 ypg), 11th rushing (92.0 ypg), 5th passing (184.5 ypg), 9th scoring (20.5 ppg)
Oakland: 15th overall (355.0 ypg), 29th rushing (147.5 ypg), 8th passing (207.5 ypg), 24th scoring (28.5 ppg)

Turnover Margin
Pittsburgh: +1 (2 takeaways, 1 giveaways) Oakland: -2 (0 takeaways, 2 giveaways)

Red Zone Touchdown Percentage (offense)
Pittsburgh: 57.1 percent (7 possessions, 4 TD, 3 FG) -- tied 15th overall Oakland: 25.0 percent (4 possessions, 1 TD, 3 FG) -- tied 26th overall

Red Zone Touchdown Percentage (defense)
Pittsburgh: 50.0 percent (6 possessions, 3 TD, 2 FG) -- tied 11th overall Oakland: 50.0 percent (8 possessions, 4 TD, 4 FG) -- tied 11th overall

WHEN THE STEELERS HAVE THE BALL

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (520 yards, 4 TD, INT) completed 24 of his 31 passes for 275 yards and hooked up with Mike Wallace and Heath Miller for touchdowns in Pittsburgh's win over the Jets. He hit 10 different receivers and picked apart a Jets defense that was missing All-Pro defensive back Darrelle Revis. Roethlisberger now has 27,099 career passing yards and is approaching Terry Bradshaw's team record of 27,898 yards. "Big Ben". who improved to 6-0 in home openers as a starter, is facing Oakland's eighth- ranked pass defense this week, but could give the Raiders fits with his ability to escape and is a tough quarterback to bring down even though he's been sacked eight times already in two games. Roethlisberger also leads all NFL quarterbacks in passer rating, passing yards and completions on third downs this season. Wallace (9 receptions, 2 TD) has a touchdown catch in each of his first two games and hauled in a 37-yard scoring strike last week. He can stretch the field and had five catches for 74 yards against the Jets. Antonio Brown (11 receptions, 53 yards) leads the Steelers in receptions and receiving yards at the other wide receiver spot, while the run game has struggled without the injured Rashard Mendenhall (knee). Jonathan Dwyer (71 rushing yards) and Isaac Redman (45 rushing yards, 1 TD) shared the running load against the Jets and will do so again this week.

The Raiders' secondary will be tested Sunday, and cornerback Pat Lee (5 tackles) must be prepared for Pittsburgh's speedy wideouts. Lee made his second career start and first with Oakland against the Dolphins with Ron Bartell placed on injured reserve after hurting his shoulder in the opener. Oakland has yet to record an interception this season, but safety Tyvon Branch (12 tackles) made his 50th start in a row. He and linebacker Philip Wheeler (14 tackles) both had seven stops this past weekend, while new cornerback Joselio Hanson (6 tackles) posted six stops. Perhaps the Steelers will try to resurrect their ground game this week, since Oakland had so much trouble stopping Miami's. The Dolphins racked up 262 rushing yards, 172 of which came from Reggie Bush, who also scored twice. End Matt Shaughnessy (8 tackles, 1 1/2 sacks) did have an 11-yard sack in the second quarter for Oakland last Sunday and shared a sack with end David Tollefson (4 tackles, 0.5 sacks) in the season opener. The Raiders will have to keep Pittsburgh off the field in order to give Palmer and the offense an opportunity to get into a rhythm.

WHEN THE RAIDERS HAVE THE BALL

Palmer (670 passing yards, 2 TD, INT) is third in the league in passing yards behind only Eli Manning and Michael Vick, and has had no other choice but to throw with the running game on the fritz. He is aiming to solve Pittsburgh's tough defense that is seventh overall in yards allowed (276.5 ypg) and fifth against the pass (184.5 ypg). Palmer connected with nine different receivers and completed 24 of his 48 pass attempts against Miami, and has thrown for 300-plus yards five times with the Silver and Black. He had a streak of 93 straight passes without an interception come to an end in Miami, however. Tight end Brandon Myers (11 receptions, 151 yards) led the team with 86 receiving yards on six receptions in the loss, and his 151 receiving yards are a team-high. Speedy wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (7 receptions) caught four passes for 41 yards, while McFadden (54 rushing yards) has a team-best 15 receptions for 105 yards. He has yet to find his niche as a runner this season, however. For how poorly the run game has been for Oakland, the offensive line has allowed just three sacks -- all in Week 1 against San Diego. Right tackle Khalif Barnes played in his 100th career game last Sunday before leaving with a groin injury that will sideline him for this contest, with Willie Smith expected to take over.

Pittsburgh traditionally has a tough defense and held the Jets to 4-of-12 on third down conversion attempts last week. The Steelers suffocated the Jets' offense as time went on and held the unit to less than 100 yards after the game's first two drives. Clark (8 tackles) appeared to be in great shape after sitting out the season opener, while linebacker Larry Foote (16 tackles, sack) was second on the team in stops with seven. Cornerback Ike Taylor held New York's receivers in check and came away with two of the team's five passes defensed. Ryan Mundy (8 tackles) started for Clark in Week 1 and played well filling in for Polamalu last week, and he also recovered a muffed punt late in the third quarter. The Raiders have had trouble getting the run game started and face a Steelers defense that gave up just 90 yards on the ground to the Jets and forced New York to punt six times on its last eight possessions. New York's offense crossed midfield just once in the second half. Linebacker LaMarr Woodley (5 tackles, 1 sack) has 10 sacks dating back to the 2011 regular season and needs just one to become the eighth player in team history with 50.

OVERALL ANALYSIS

The Raiders and Steelers each have one of the most storied histories in the NFL, but the latter will show why they have the most Super Bowl victories between the legendary AFC squads on Sunday. Pittsburgh has played very well on the road as of late, winning 12 of their past 17 games away from the Steel City and four of the last six. With a healthy Roethlisberger and a gaggle of young wide receivers, there's no need for a strong run game right now. They may get one this week, however, given how poorly the Raiders played run defense against Miami. The Steelers have also been tough in September under Tomlin, having gone 13-6 with him in charge for the most wins in the AFC and second-highest total in the NFL (behind Green Bay's 14) since 2007. Palmer will get his numbers, but it won't be enough to prevent an 0-3 start to the season for Oakland.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Steelers 31, Raiders 13

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/09/21/depleted-steelers-head-to-oakland-searching-for-second-straight-win/#ixzz27DJNeSHM

Rnightv
09-22-2012, 01:46 PM
My dad and brother are both out in Oakland for the game to celebrate their Birthdays (sept 17th and 20th). So far they've met a bunch of Steelers Fans but none going to the game. They are sitting in section 116 and I know they'd love to meet up before the game for some Tailgating. Send me a PM if anyone has or knows of anything going on. Thanks.

Rich

Quindo
09-22-2012, 09:48 PM
My husband and I live in the Bay Area and we bought tickets to the Steeler/Raider game. We aren't flying our colors until we get in the stadium. If anyone wants to get together to tailgate let me know. Safety in numbers.

BoltWalt
09-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Exactly.

And, the Steelers shall annihilate the Raidahs... specifically for you.

Thank You!

Ebannaw
09-23-2012, 01:53 AM

Yeah, because you've met every single Raider fan. Typical ignorance.

If anyone wants to get together to tailgate let me know. Safety in numbers.

Wow, you people need to stop acting like you're going to San Quentin to watch a football game. *waits for the "OMFG BASICALLY AM!!" retarded comments*

It was a figure of reference. Besides, I said at least 99%. Jeez, c'mon. Of course not everyone survives! ;)

ricardisimo
09-23-2012, 02:10 AM

50,000 people show up for Raiders games? :huh: Maybe when the Steelers come to town, but that's once every four years or so. Normally I think they get a few thousand.

Hawaii 5-0
09-23-2012, 02:27 AM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2010/4/21/129163447272279300.jpg

SquirrelHillSteelNut
09-23-2012, 05:58 AM
the only fans worse than raidertards are CHEATriots* fans...grrrrr.

jaynoonan
09-23-2012, 08:49 AM
I hear what everyone is saying. I'm very hesitant to wear my gear. I've been to many many A's games (which are cool) but I'm also VERY aware of how the Raider games can be.
I've worn my gear to SF and to San Diego and for the most part everything was fine.

Another big factor is how many people you are with. It's just me and my friend (a guy) so I don't like our odds
I had a female friend attend a game in Oakland with her Raider friend that was a security guard
She said it was the worst experience and she'll never be caught in that stadium again

People screaming profanities, throwing beers and other shit. Sorry if you want to call me a "fake fan" for hesitating to wear my gear but I'd actually like to try and enjoy the game and make it back to my children alive.

Just sayin

SquirrelHillSteelNut
09-23-2012, 01:51 PM
i went to the raiders game in Oakland in the 2008 season, and they were playing the CHEATriots* at home, and it was the first return of randy moss to Oakland since he went to the foxborough fiends. i was in the Oakland area working on the Coast Guard base there, and we got tickets relatively cheap, and were sitting THREE ROWS back from belliCHEAT and company. geez, that place is old, decrepit, and pretty damn small. it was dark all morning and started raining just a gametime and rained the rest of the day. CHEATriots* easily won 49-21, all raider points were garbage. the only entertainment i had was watching a bunch of raider fanfreaks heckling the cheater bench and a line of cops trying to stop the freakshow from throwing trash on the field during every play. you will never see me in that nasty town again...no sir!!!

Bayz101
09-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Now that I think about it, the Steelers have the best traveling fans in America. Chances are, you won't be alone. In fact, all of that GOLD will stand out BIG TIME this afternoon.

chitownpit
09-23-2012, 02:28 PM
how can i streem the steelers game today?

Ebannaw
09-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Not much for shit talking now, are we? You arrogant east coasters.

Kudos to the ones who were respectful and classy, however few of you there were.

Now that I think about it, the Steelers have the best traveling fans in America. Chances are, you won't be alone. In fact, all of that GOLD will stand out BIG TIME this afternoon.

Out to drown in an ocean of Silver and Black.

jtbsteeler
09-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Come back at week 17 numbnuts. When America thinks of the Raiders, losing and joke are the first two words that come to mind.

When you have 4 or 5 Head coaches in the last 10 seasons that's a garbage %. I do understand that this is your Super Bowl. It feels good to beat the Steelers because they have a lot of fans and following. And because of your jealousy of our organization. I understand what having Al Davis as your OWNER has done to the mentality of your fanbase.

Don't be a stranger though. Don't hide when you're record is 2-6. Please visit this site on a weekly basis as the season goes along.

steelfury02
09-24-2012, 11:06 AM
They won their Super Bowel, yes, "Bowel" - let em have their fun while it lasts.

e-dub5912
09-27-2012, 06:24 PM
So yeah, dissapointing end but the game was great. I would say there were about 20% Steeler fans which I'm sure helped me from getting mauled. Seriously though, Raider fans were pretty bad, but nowhere near what some here made it out to be. Like someone who posted in here said, if you dont act like a punk but stand your ground, nobody is going to shank you. Had a great time and would do it again, just sure as hell would NOT bring my kids or wife. Thanks to everyone for all the advice.:tt04: