PDA

View Full Version : Minor Re-signing

83-Steelers-43
07-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Steelers Re-Sign Linebacker

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers re-signed first-year linebacker Malcolm Postell, the team announced today.

Postell (6-2, 231) signed with the Steelers on Feb. 17, 2006, and was allocated to NFL Europe with the Berlin Thunder. He was then released on June 14. Postell, who was a two-year starter at Pitt, did not play in 2005.

http://news.steelers.com/article/66437/

83-Steelers-43
07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm not expecting this thread to get much feedback...lol.

tony hipchest
07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm not expecting this thread to get much feedback...lol.ok, i'll bite (especially with the anticipated flood of steelers news that just isnt there since camp started.) good luck to this guy making the team. then again we dont know if he is another james harrison.

i really wanna see news of ike or willie extended. sure it is a risk and gamble but it is an even more expensive risk to not sign them and have them do as well as their potential says they could. i wouldnt mind max starks signed a year early also.

i have heard discussions on sirius radio that the trend seems to be signing your own before they hit the market. that the days of waiting till a player is in their final year could be going by the way-side. philadelphia has been extending guys several years before they are due and the rest of the league could be moving towards this philosophy.

would anyone be upset if t. polamalu were given a nice extension. sure it would cost us more in the next few years but in the long run could save millions.

TasmanianTroy271
07-31-2006, 07:58 PM
I would be more interested if he didn't play in the NFL Europe. I'm pretty sure once someone plays in the NFL Europe, they have no chance of being a big name in the NFL. I mean, I'm sure I can be proved wrong, but that's just what it seems like.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-31-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm not expecting this thread to get much feedback...lol.

As President of the Malcolm Postell Fan club...I want to thank you for this update. Also for those of you with a little extra cash..I am selling the official Malcolm Postell jerseys (with velcroed numbers and name) at 20% off this week only.