PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward Has a New Job

83-Steelers-43
07-31-2006, 05:09 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=18592@kdka.dayport.com

Hines Ward will have his own show on KDKA with Bob Pompeani. If it's anything like the Jerome Bettis show, count me out. Love them both as athletes and both are good guys off the field, but the tv shows are uggghh. Although I feel Jerome will be great with his new job.

tony hipchest
07-31-2006, 06:24 PM
after seeing willie parker and ike taylor still blitzed the morning after the superbowl on "cold pizza" im thinking they should give them 2 a late friday night talk show. that would be some good stuff right there. they were pretty funny.

dhosmer
07-31-2006, 06:27 PM
after seeing willie parker and ike taylor still blitzed the morning after the superbowl on "cold pizza" im thinking they should give them 2 a late friday night talk show. that would be some good stuff right there. they were pretty funny.

i missed that... i wonder if it's floating around anywhere?

steelcity984
07-31-2006, 06:29 PM
it was hilarious

tony hipchest
07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
i missed that... i wonder if it's floating around anywhere?

it was classic. they were like 2 kids in a candy store or on x-mas morning, clowning, laughing, and still living it up. you could tell neither had really gotten any sleep. the glow of the sb win was bright. especially for 2 youngsters like them.

definitely a breath of fresh air.

SteelCityMan786
07-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Hmmmmm Giant Eagle Hines Ward Show. Hmmmmm has a good catch to it.

melroseplace
08-01-2006, 08:17 AM
if nothing else, it'll be a good way to meet players (if you can make it to the tapings) :bouncy: I met Hines twice and Heath once at Bettis' show

section514
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
are you sure it was willie with ike? i saw it but I don't rember it being willie...

SteelerzGirl
08-01-2006, 09:05 AM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=18592@kdka.dayport.com

Hines Ward will have his own show on KDKA with Bob Pompeani. If it's anything like the Jerome Bettis show, count me out. Love them both as athletes and both are good guys off the field, but the tv shows are uggghh. Although I feel Jerome will be great with his new job.

I like Bob Pompeani. I think Hines will work out great w/him. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the info, 83.

83-Steelers-43
08-01-2006, 09:13 AM

That would work out pretty nice. I'd watch it although I never saw the two of them together after the Super Bowl. To bad we don't have a clip of that.

The Jerome Bettis show seemed to be focused more for the under 18 crowd. Rarely did they focus on the in's and out's on the game of football.

It also didn't help that I'm not a big Pompeani fan. Back in the day he used to be able to form an honest opinion, but the guy has become a complete homer over the last 2-3 years. The sky could be dark and cloudy with a tornado in the distance and he will tell me it's blue skies, sunshine and no chance of rain. This is why I'm a Paul Steigerwald fan. I may not agree with the guy on certain sports topics, but I at least know he's not pandering to any of the three sports franchises in this city.

Maybe Ward's show will be different than Jerome's and they will actually talk sports instead of playing games and having competitions. If that is the case I might be able to handle Bob Pompeani in order to hear what Ward has to say.

section514
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Pompeani--> :chair: <-- Me