PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever Exclusive Editorial: Gotham City: Steelers Nation welcomes you.

Bayz101
09-13-2012, 10:00 PM
It's been a long time coming, Steelers Nation. It's that time to load the grill, pack the Iron City and set the alarm for the early wake-up call. The home opener has arrived in the Steel City. At nightfall, I expect the city to be a'buzzin, smelling like a true tailgating experience with a little (but significant) "Here We Go Steelers" chant exiting the Coca Cola Great Hall Sunday night after the THRASHING of the visiting New York Football Jets.

That sure would be a magnificent sound flowing through the gritty Pittsburgh nightfall with the glistening lights reflecting off the City of Bridges. Even the respects of summer victory could echo throughout PNC Park's parking lot as our very own Battlin' Buccos have showed signs of life in 2012.

What a city, that Pittsburgh.

That resonate feeling has been away from our hearts for a very, very long time. I could smell the mold and cobwebs stemming from the humid and deteriorating grounds underneath the not-so-popular Heinz Field sod....

Read more: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/1007.html

Bayz101
09-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks so much to Stainless Still for writing such an awesome editorial!

StainlessStill
09-13-2012, 10:22 PM
As long as people enjoy it, that's all that matters. I love Steelers Nation. I love the brotherhood we all share. It was only fitting for me to start off my debut post with a reference to Steelers Nation and what Mr. Tebow, Sanchez and the Jets are actually walking into.

Thank you Bayz for giving me the opportunity to write about the one thing that I will always love: STEELERS FOOTBALL!

HERE WE GO GUYS!

tony hipchest
09-14-2012, 01:15 AM
awesome job... that was great! didnt know you had it in you, stainless steel. :applaudit:

i hope to read more of where this came from and hopefully other members will raise the bar, and contribute as well. thanks.

Hawaii 5-0
09-14-2012, 01:38 AM
As long as people enjoy it, that's all that matters. I love Steelers Nation. I love the brotherhood we all share. It was only fitting for me to start off my debut post with a reference to Steelers Nation and what Mr. Tebow, Sanchez and the Jets are actually walking into.

Thank you Bayz for giving me the opportunity to write about the one thing that I will always love: STEELERS FOOTBALL!

HERE WE GO GUYS!

:thumbsup: :applaudit: :tt02: :drink: :hatsoff:

SteelersFever
09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Just read through it all. EXCEPTIONAL editorial, Still.

Brett Cottrell
09-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Gotham - I saw Dark Knight Rises for the second time this week. I hadn't noticed Cowher in the stadium scene.

Who'd win in a brawl between Bane and Cowher? "Ah, I was wondering what would break first, your spirit or your chin?"

My money's on Cowher.

StainlessStill
09-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys, I'll have another one up for September 26th. If anybody can guess the special occasion and the direction of the article, then +1!

teegre
09-14-2012, 03:46 PM
i hope to read more of where this came from and hopefully other members will raise the bar, and contribute as well. thanks.

How would one go about being able to contribute?

SteelersFever
09-14-2012, 05:54 PM
How would one go about being able to contribute?

By sending me a message. :tt04:

teegre
09-14-2012, 11:37 PM

I shall do that.

tony hipchest
09-14-2012, 11:59 PM
I shall do that.
awesome!

some may follow neal coolong on twitter, or subscribe to the "Behind the Steel Curtain" blog (of which he is the major contributor). he has just landed a weekly radio gig to talk steelers for about 6-8 minutes on an ESPN flagship station.

if you look in the SF editorial archives you will see he was one of the first and primary contributors to this site back when it was in its infant stages 2004-2006.

teegre
09-15-2012, 11:02 AM

Email sent.

teegre
09-15-2012, 11:05 AM
awesome!

some may follow neal coolong on twitter, or subscribe to the "Behind the Steel Curtain" blog (of which he is the major contributor). he has just landed a weekly radio gig to talk steelers for about 6-8 minutes on an ESPN flagship station.

if you look in the SF editorial archives you will see he was one of the first and primary contributors to this site back when it was in its infant stages 2004-2006.

Any way of getting my "thoughts" out there excites me. I truly enjoy writing. Plus, obviously, me can right perty werds on the interwebs goodly. :wink02:

SteelersFever
09-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Email sent.

Thanks, teegre. You can use the "Private Message" system for further talks regarding this, as it's more convenient for both of us. Thanks for your interest in writing for Steelers Fever.

StainlessStill
09-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Any way of getting my "thoughts" out there excites me. I truly enjoy writing. Plus, obviously, me can right perty werds on the interwebs goodly. :wink02:

Same here. My family always said my true calling was to be a writer. It's pretty cool to talk about something you're so passionate about. Brings out the best in you and how you express yourself through words only your mind could see.

teegre
09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks, teegre. You can use the "Private Message" system for further talks regarding this, as it's more convenient for both of us. Thanks for your interest in writing for Steelers Fever.

Will do.

teegre
09-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Same here. My family always said my true calling was to be a writer. It's pretty cool to talk about something you're so passionate about.

Mine, as well. I talk, ad nauseum, about the Steelers; I write well; and, like a Reese's, the combination of the two is greater than the sum of its parts.

how you express yourself through words only your mind could see.

That is quite the vivid description.