PDA

View Full Version : Debow will play this week!

Sean95m
09-14-2012, 02:31 AM
That is all. You can Send flowers to Sanchez and Tebow family's............

lloydwoodson
09-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Haha I was wondering who "Debow" was. It's just "Debo." That is great news he is playing- d line needs some pass rush!

Steelersfan87
09-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Well, I think we'll know a lot more tomorrow about him and Polamalu. If they don't practice, I don't think they play.

Galax Steeler
09-14-2012, 05:12 AM
We need him in the lineup bad, the injury bug just don't seem to go away this year.

Rick5895
09-14-2012, 07:15 AM
PG reports today they may not play!!. Conflicting reports out there right now, I suspect more to keep Jets off balance.

ricardisimo
09-14-2012, 08:02 AM
No, he will not (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-james-harrison-will-not-play-sunday-653312/). Not sure where the OP got his/her info. Links are always appreciated, folks.

Steelers>NFL
09-14-2012, 08:12 AM
I think we need to get more used to him NOT be there, than actually being there on defense.
As this could be his last season being an again salary cap casualty in the off season.

Atlanta Dan
09-14-2012, 08:21 AM
His body again did not match the promises that outside linebacker James Harrison continued to issue.

At noon Thursday, he said, "I'm great, I'm full go, I'm playing on Sunday. Run it." He added, "I've been known to lie."

To add to the great news, this story confirms Gerry Dulac's tweet yesterday that Troy is probably out as well

Troy Polamalu, who has a calf injury, also did not practice for the second day in a row. Coach Mike Tomlin was optimistic Tuesday that at least the veteran safety would play, but defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau did not sound that way after practice Thursday.

"James is the player of the year a few years ago, so you know he's a great player. But we've played without him and Troy, who won the [defensive] MVP award. We've played without him. Our guys know what's required of them -- they have to step up and fill the vacancy and push on. We miss those guys, we'll be happy when we get them back, but it should never be a factor in who wins the game."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-james-harrison-will-not-play-sunday-653312/

Total cluster on Harrison - he should have had the surgery when he could not go aduring OTAs in June - hopefully he returns for the Eagles game on October 7 after the bye week

As posted above, enjoy him while you can - this is Harrison's last season in Pittsburgh

steelfury02
09-14-2012, 08:59 AM
and, fans need to realize that Troy MIGHT have 3 seasons left (including this one)

maddog78
09-14-2012, 09:51 AM
and, fans need to realize that Troy MIGHT have 3 seasons left (including this one)

Three? He doesn't seem the type of guy that wants to leave everything on the field and spend the rest of his life in pain.

I mean that in a good way. He's a well-rounded human being who isn't defined by football. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hang it up at the end of the year, especially if he sustains another concussion.

Anyway, time for the offense to come out of its shell. We need 30+ points this week.

sluggermatt15
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I only expect Tebow to play in wildcat formation. I kind of would prefer to see him in more plays though. Sanchez hasn't played poorly against Pit in the last few match ups. So I am not certain as to why we would see Tebow very much...

steelfury02
09-14-2012, 12:12 PM
i'd love to see him, just to see the defense plant him in the ground

I actually like the guy's attitude, just sick of the media coverage . . .