PDA

View Full Version : t. brady misses 3rd practice in a row

tony hipchest
07-31-2006, 11:48 PM
and belichick refuses to answer why.:rolleyes:

looks like theyre in midseason form already.

i smell another sb for them (that is unless they face the broncos, colts, or dominant steelers in the playoffs of course)

MattsMe
07-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Maybe he broke a nail, or he's having bad hair days.
Or maybe it's just "that time of the month."

DiggetyDank
08-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Look you guys, Brady has important stuff to do like pose with goats in Vanity Fair - and helmet head can be a mofo! Plus, it's HOT out.

Ambridge
08-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Brady's over at Belichick's house having sex with his estranged wife.

Bill considers it an excused absence but it's still "hush"-"hush" though.

Livinginthe past
08-01-2006, 02:20 AM
and belichick refuses to answer why.:rolleyes:

looks like theyre in midseason form already.

i smell another sb for them (that is unless they face the broncos, colts, or dominant steelers in the playoffs of course)

Quite frankly, as a Patriots fan, I am sick and tired of watching my team being repeatedly and brutally owned by the Steelers and Colts come playoff time.

Some evil-doers would suggest that something else that the Cowher led Steelers excel at is getting beat at home in the AFCCG.

Maybe thats why 6th seed is more suited to the Steelers - less pressure on the road.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Don't you know what the humidity does to Tommy's hair?

tony hipchest
08-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Quite frankly, as a Patriots fan, I am sick and tired of watching my team being repeatedly and brutally owned by the Steelers and Colts come playoff time.

Some evil-doers would suggest that something else that the Cowher led Steelers excel at is getting beat at home in the AFCCG.

Maybe thats why 6th seed is more suited to the Steelers - less pressure on the road.

NMless pressure on the road seems to suit alot of teams in afcc games recently. steelers, patriots, baltimore. your theory is worth further investigation.

HometownGal
08-01-2006, 09:49 AM

NM

Rumor also has it that the Cowher-led Steelers excel at looking at the odds of winning 3 straight playoff games on the road and punching those odds (and those teams) right in the kisser - in grand old Pittsburgh Steelers style. :smile:

Atlanta Dan
08-01-2006, 12:32 PM
SI.com claims Brady is "mad as hell about the contract-related absence of wideout Deion Branch" and is staging a work slowdown to back it up.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/08/01/brady.pats/index.html

Having taken a modest haircut on the amount for which he re-signed, Brady probably is less than thrilled about the exodus from the Pats over the offseason. Boo-hoo.

tony hipchest
08-01-2006, 03:47 PM
arent the pats like $9-11 million under the cap (thanks in part to brady's "hometown discount")?

looks like the sacrafice for the team is going straight into the owners pocket. way to go kraft!

section514
08-01-2006, 04:36 PM
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1619/untitledaj3.th.jpg (http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledaj3.jpg)

:sofunny:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-01-2006, 06:05 PM

NM

Different combination of personnel

tony hipchest
08-01-2006, 06:11 PM
michael smith just reported on sportscenter that alot of patriots players are feeling mistreated by pats management. good thing the steelers dont have these problems. sure we lose great players to free agency but noone has animosity with the steelers f.o.

83-Steelers-43
08-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Report: Bruschi might have suffered wrist fracture
ESPN.com news services

FOXBORO, Mass. -- Tedy Bruschi is nursing a wrist injury that might be as serious as a fracture, and The Boston Herald reported Tuesday that the Patriots linebacker will miss at least a week of camp while New England determines the severity of the injury.

Bruschi was reportedly hurt Monday during practice. He did not participate in drills that afternoon and missed both sessions Tuesday.

A Patriots spokesman would not comment on the report when reached by ESPN.com late Tuesday.

If Bruschi were to be out for an extended period of time, it would add to New England's depth problems at middle linebacker. The Patriots have tried Monty Beisel at that position with Bruschi. This has allowed Mike Vrabel to spend time at his natural outside position, but he may end up back in the middle if Bruschi misses time.

Bruschi, though, is optimistic about the situation at linebacker.

"I really haven't gotten to play with Monty a lot," Bruschi, now in his 11th season, told The Boston Globe on Tuesday. "I'm looking forward to developing that chemistry with him this year, and we've had the minicamps and the offseason to try to do that. I think we're going to be a good team inside."

Bruschi, known as the Patriots' emotional leader, suffered a stroke in February 2005, days after playing in his first Pro Bowl and 10 days after helping the Patriots win their third Super Bowl in four years. He later had surgery to repair a small hole in his heart.

Though he was expected to miss all of last season, Bruschi returned to the Patriots in October and went on to share AP Comeback Player of the Year honors with Carolina Panthers receiver Steve Smith after recording 61 tackles in the last nine games of the season.

Prior to his injury-shortened 2005-06 season, Bruschi had enjoyed the best two years of his career while leading the Patriots to Super Bowl championships in 2004 and 2005. He totaled 128 tackles in 2003 and 120 in 2004 and intercepted three passes each year.

Livinginthe past
08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
michael smith just reported on sportscenter that alot of patriots players are feeling mistreated by pats management. good thing the steelers dont have these problems. sure we lose great players to free agency but noone has animosity with the steelers f.o.

Patriots players feeling mistreated by Patriots management - I knew there had to be a reason for their below par performances of the last 5 seasons.

I remember way back in 2003 when Lawyer Milloy left for Buffalo at the last minute after being cut by the 'Patriots management' - anybody remember how that season panned out?

Michael Smith eh? - Got a link to that report?

And im going to presume that this is the same Michael Smith wrote the following column -

Officiating was less than Super : As if the pro-Pittsburgh weren't enough, the Seahawks also faced some hometown officiating.

http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/search?searchString=michael_smith&rT=sports

Hmmm maybe this guy does know his stuff after all.

NM

augustashark
08-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Patriots players feeling mistreated by Patriots management - I knew there had to be a reason for their below par performances of the last 5 seasons.

I remember way back in 2003 when Lawyer Milloy left for Buffalo at the last minute after being cut by the 'Patriots management' - anybody remember how that season panned out?

And im going to presume that this is the same Michael Smith wrote the following column -

Officiating was less than Super : As if the pro-Pittsburgh weren't enough, the Seahawks also faced some hometown officiating.

NM

Tony was talking about how the team did on the field after the departures! This bunch of rambling you have above is nonsense. Your upper management just is'nt taking care of their players the way they should! Thats all!

tony hipchest
08-02-2006, 06:26 PM

NM

michael smith just reported on sportscenter

remember how upset brady was when milloy was let go? just another straw on the camels back. what smith says about the steelers and seahawks doesnt take any validity away from his report. the fact that the patriots are millions of dollars under the cap (money that seemingly is going to go in the owners pocket) while brady took a cheaper deal with the hopes of giving integral cogs like branch and vinatieri sweeter deals shows where players can feel cheated by the F.O. id be pissed too.

what you fail to realize is that teams get better and teams get worse. (there is an ebb and flow in the nfl) this is your 1st experience with the patriots franchise as an upper echelon team but it simply doesnt last forever.

you seem to ignore the possibility that a team like the patriots could drop of and a team like the dolphins could add 2 great coordinators and a pro bowl qb and get better. you keep insisting that the consistancy of the past 5 years simply dictates that this wont happen. youre LivingUpToYour Name

tony hipchest
08-02-2006, 07:31 PM
how will pats brass react to their dirty laundry being aired publicly in the media? these are the types of subjects theyve always insisted be kept "in house". for brady to not sing the company line seems kind of odd though.

oh well, im sure it will work out for the better like it did with law and milloy.

MattsMe
08-02-2006, 07:37 PM

remember how upset brady was when milloy was let go? just another straw on the camels back. what smith says about the steelers and seahawks doesnt take any validity away from his report. the fact that the patriots are millions of dollars under the cap (money that seemingly is going to go in the owners pocket) while brady took a cheaper deal with the hopes of giving integral cogs like branch and vinatieri sweeter deals shows where players can feel cheated by the F.O. id be pissed too.

what you fail to realize is that teams get better and teams get worse. (there is an ebb and flow in the nfl) this is your 1st experience with the patriots franchise as an upper echelon team but it simply doesnt last forever.

you seem to ignore the possibility that a team like the patriots could drop of and a team like the dolphins could add 2 great coordinators and a pro bowl qb and get better. you keep insisting that the consistancy of the past 5 years simply dictates that this wont happen. youre LivingUpToYour Name

Tony, this is the same guy who once said the Patriots were "the only team with a permanent winning record." Now how could you question that? :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
08-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Tony, this is the same guy who once said the Patriots were "the only team with a permanent winning record." Now how could you question that? :sofunny:

Its the same guy who used heavy doses of irony while saying that.

Shame ya missed out on that - for such a sharp guy.

It was reference to the 'bandwagon' crap that gets dished at Patriots fans just because they follow the team of the decade.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-03-2006, 12:30 AM

Robert Kraft is one of the best owners in the NFL, if not the best.

He uses all his own money to support the team he followed as a simple fan - albeit a rich one.

I'll want to see some evidence of the patriots going down the pan before I start crying into my beer about them not being 'upper echelon' anymore.

The problem is - the Patriots have set such high standards recently that fans like you think that making it to the 2nd round of the postseason is a sign of the end.

There is no reason to think that the Steelers wont be challenging for the next 5 years becasue they have all the pieces in place - I happen to think the same of the Patriots.

Of course, I am a good deal less biased than you.

NM

tony hipchest
08-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Robert Kraft is one of the best owners in the NFL, if not the best.

NM

the best at what? swindling his players and turning a profit?

thats really sweet that you think he might be the best. too bad players like brady, branch, and vinatieri dont share youre sentiments.

(oh, and incase you needed more proof.... the best owners in the nfl have the most sb trophies, more h.o.f. players, and the happiest group of players in the nfl; set to repeat no less)

tony hipchest
08-03-2006, 12:39 AM
anyways litp, whats kraft plan on doing with all this surplus cash? (a point you seem all to happy to avoid)

pocket it and force his team to win with what they got?

Livinginthe past
08-03-2006, 07:32 AM
the best at what? swindling his players and turning a profit?

thats really sweet that you think he might be the best. too bad players like brady, branch, and vinatieri dont share youre sentiments.

(oh, and incase you needed more proof.... the best owners in the nfl have the most sb trophies, more h.o.f. players, and the happiest group of players in the nfl; set to repeat no less)

Swindling his players?

Ha ha.

Thanks Tony - I always knew you had a talent for comedy.

For the record, as you obviously need it pointed out, Kraft is not 'swindling' anyone - swindling is a term for dishonestly taking money from people.

Where is the dishonesty?

Kraft hasn't reneged on any contracts - he makes an offer he feels is fair - if the player in question does not feel it sufficient he can move on.

Brady took the hometown discount, the same discount you sneer at, because he knows he plays for the best Franchise in football - the New England Patriots.

Set to repeat maybe, but thats an awful lot of talk for a team that has won one measly SB under is current coach - lets talk again as equals after you win 2 out of the next 3.

Dont worry - there will always be room for the smaller franchises such as Pittsburgh - we even let you win the odd SB to keep you happy.

NM

tony hipchest
08-03-2006, 09:43 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways litp, whats kraft plan on doing with all this surplus cash? (a point you seem all to happy to avoid)

augustashark
08-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Dont worry - there will always be room for the smaller franchises such as Pittsburgh - we even let you win the odd SB to keep you happy.

NM

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: !!!!! Joke or not this is one of the funniest posts I've ever read! Thanks Nigel.

Livinginthe past
08-03-2006, 02:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly didnt think you needed this explaining to you.

The surplus money, if it is used, can be used to tie up some of our most important players before they reach the Deion Branch stage of negotiations - players such as Dan Koppen and Daniel Graham.

Why would he not use it all you ask?

Well Tony, he is not going to spend the money for spendings sake - if he throws this money at a couple of players - players such as Deion Branch - and pays them more than they are worth (in his estimation) then he has created a rod for his own back further down the line - when the next WR comes looking for more cash before the end of his contract.

Its a domino effect - he is not only overpaying for the player now he has also painted himself into a corner regarding salary negotiations in the future.

For the record - Kraft spent all of the salary cap last year - and even if he didn't (like the Eagles dont always) it is his choice.

Childish insults about being tight with money look absurd when held up to the light of the fantastic achievements of the Kraft ownership - he has taken a struggling franchise and turned them into the most successful of this decade - a dynasty no less.

I hope that has answered your question satisfactorily, perhaps we can return to the burning issue of Brady's manicurist now :cool:

NM

Haiku_Dirtt
08-03-2006, 03:11 PM

Would not be shocked if the Fish swim to the top of what looks like the weaker division in the AFC. The Brady lovefest will go on and on. I'm not a Sabanite but at least he has Miami looking better.

We better come out firing on all cylinders.

Livinginthe past
08-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Would not be shocked if the Fish swim to the top of what looks like the weaker division in the AFC. The Brady lovefest will go on and on. I'm not a Sabanite but at least he has Miami looking better.

We better come out firing on all cylinders.

I would agree that the AFCE, on paper, looks like one of the weaker divisions in football.

Buffalo and the Jets are in rebuild mode I think - the Dolphins are solid and will be able to compete with just about everyone they play.

NM

tony hipchest
08-03-2006, 04:17 PM
i dont think michael smith was making childish insults towards kraft by reporting that the players are feeling mistreated by mgmt.

Livinginthe past
08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
i dont think michael smith was making childish insults towards kraft by reporting that the players are feeling mistreated by mgmt.

You enjoyed my answer to your hugely cerebral question then Tony?

The one regarding Patriots salary cap management?

I'd hate to see you skip straight over it after you went to the trouble of asking me it 2 or 3 times. :smile:

NM