PDA

View Full Version : A DEEP DOWN GOOD FEELING

SteelShooter
07-31-2006, 11:36 PM
A quick story about one of our posters:

I am getting ready for a trip out to Mississippi to look at some homes and to check out my new Command. I had some downtime, so I come on here to get some good news and read everyones great posts (haven't been able to spend any real time on here lately).

I was looking through the different posts and came across AllStars post with his new Jack Ham Figure, which looks awesome Bro! Well, this guy has some talent.

A short while back I received an e-mail from him asking is I was active duty military, and who my favorite player is. When I said that I was, and that my favorite was a toss-up between Big Ben and Our Boy Troy, he sent this message to me:

"Ok well keeps your eyes on the mail I'm gonna send you one or the other in a 6 in fig with a custom package. Only thing I ask is that you be safe..."

I received my Custom Made 6inch SB XL Big Ben in the mail recently. I e-mailed a Thank You and here is an excerpt of what he wrote:

"It was my pleasure to do this and I am very happy that you like it. Seems I may be making this hobby full time...... Its good to meet great people like I have met on here. If you ever make it into town for a steeler game be sure to let me know and I'll get up there to do some good ol fashioned tailgating with you!! I'll bring the brew you bring the brats. Anyway take care be safe and talk to you soon."

When I return from my trip I will post some pics. This figure is awesome! It is hand-painted with such detail! He has the SB XL Logo on the jersey, the one glove...it's incredible and I wanted to share with all of you.

AllStar sent this to me just because I am Military, when he himself is a Hero. You see, he sustained injury from an intoxicated Driver and will probably be leaving the Police Force because of it. He served us, while we were at home enjoying our own downtime.....and he almost paid the ultimate price. I will not go into very much detail, just to preserve his privacy...but AllStar is one incredible person.

This small sculpted array of plastic, glue, and paint means a great deal to me. This figure will travel with me wherever the Winds fill my sails. It will sit PROUDLY in my office and I will look at and remember this awesome Friend.

AllStar, I am unable to put into words what this meant to me.

Thank You AllStar........my truest, sincerest Thank You my Brother.

Allstar
08-01-2006, 07:03 AM
I appreciate the kind words friend

HometownGal
08-01-2006, 07:27 AM
What a great story, SS, and how incredibly thoughtful of All Star! :smile: :cool:

When someone tells me how awful the world has become (and in some ways it has) and how people just don't care about each other anymore (this is true for some), a story like this reinforces the belief that there are indeed still a lot of thoughtful and kind people out there.

Thank you both for keeping the people of this great country safe - it is truly appreciated! :smile:

BlackNGold203
08-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Class....pure unadulterated class.......

I salute you both...in this world where it seems everything is bad sometimes....an occasional ray of light comes shining through....

Thank you for sharing this...you have both lifted my day..and for that....I thank you both..

:cool: :cool:

stlrtruck
08-01-2006, 07:36 AM
And I too, salute you both. It takes a determined will to stand tall in the face of adversity (especially when some of it comes from your own home land)!!

You both are great men (of Steel)!

I pray that God abundantly bless you, your family, and those that sorround you on a daily basis!!!

Allstar
08-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I realize more and more that steeler fans are not just fans of an NFL team but family and thats for sure. I have meet alot of top notch people on here God Bless you all.

floodcitygirl
08-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Truly inspirational, guys! :smile:

tony hipchest
08-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I appreciate the kind words friend your artwork is superb to perfection. it is amazing that your gesture could eclipse it.

you da man!

Stlrs4Life
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
That is very cool. Very nice of you AllStar.

and Steelshooter, Good Luck with the new command.

SteelerzGirl
08-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Shooter and AllStar... You are both stars in my eyes. Best wishes to both of you. You both are the finest of men. :smile:

nicesteel4life
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Double Barrel Salute!!!!

Polamalu43
08-01-2006, 09:50 PM
what a great story man serious it almost brought tears 2 my eyes.. GOD BLESS U both..